Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2019, 09:55   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissoumya View Post
I realized the file was not attached in my earlier post. Attaching it here.
Attachment 1915527
Duster has a lower rating battery for AMT variant compared to 85PS, your running is also low in comparison. It is the right time to change battery.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 15:36   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissoumya View Post
I realized the file was not attached in my earlier post. Attaching it here.
It appears the battery, rated for 365 CCA (Cold Cranking Amperes) is maxing out at 156 CCA. That's the battery's capability to supply current to the starter to enable it to crank the engine.
So, the batt appears to have 'juiced out' at only about 43% of its original rated capacity.
Hence, the recommendation of the dealer to change the battery.

Its perhaps cheaper to get it replaced with a similar rated battery outside at a reputed battery dealer or if online services for batt replacement are available in your area, through 'Batterywala' 'Batterybhai' or other such services. Those chaps come with the required tools and change the batt at your office or residence.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 17th September 2019 at 15:51. Reason: additional info
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 14:59   #513
BHPian

Any idea what are the discounts that can be expected on 2016 face lift RxS 85PS Diesel in Bangalore? Dealer is saying it is manufactured in 2019 and of recent few months, need to get the VIN though.

Thanks in advance.

KK
Old 15th October 2019, 09:55   #514
BHPian

Is a Duster Diesel RxS AMT 110 bps a good option in 2019 (Getting a very nice discount from dealer and he confirmed its a 2019 manufactured vehicle). Need some inputs from owners/experts on the perceived high maintenance costs of Duster. This will help me decide between a phase 2 Duster vs XUV300.

Detailed query in the following post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-...ml#post4674513 (Mahindra XUV300 vs the competition)
Old 16th October 2019, 14:11   #515
Senior - BHPian

I called it a day today, have decided to never ever drive a car. My Duster got a good price and thanks to ICICI bank for waiving off closure charges. I visited few known dealers around Nagarabhavi and RR Nagar, they all quoted around 7.5 to 8.0 lakhs. Then I approached CARS24, the deal got closed for an asking price of 8.56 lakhs. The whole process was transparent and my car earned a 5 star rating for all evaluation parameters, I am very disappointed over the rising incidents of rash and unsafe drivings, have lost patience to drive a car. The Duster served me well for 18 months, me too enjoyed every bit of the 35K kms run. Duster is a reliable vehicle and there is no match for its handling and comfort.

Last edited by deehunk : 16th October 2019 at 14:12.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 14:27   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I called it a day today, have decided to never ever drive a car.
Any specific incident which forced you to take such an extreme step of selling an 18 month old car, and quitting to drive forever?
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2019, 17:06   #517
Senior - BHPian

I went to the bank in RPC layout yesterday morning. After the bank formalities, I was returning back on ORR, first it was a Ertiga which rubbed against my ORVM from the left. Due to my presence of mind, I avoided getting pushed to the midlane. Thereafter, it was the bikers who squeezed through when I was making a left turn towards Nammoora Thindi service road. The turn indicators were blinking, despite that the bikers came in my way. They were going straight towards Sumanahalli. This could have been a serious accident.
Old 16th October 2019, 17:21   #518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I called it a day today, have decided to never ever drive a car. My Duster got a good price and thanks to ICICI bank for waiving off closure charges. I visited few known dealers around Nagarabhavi and RR Nagar, they all quoted around 7.5 to 8.0 lakhs. Then I approached CARS24, the deal got closed for an asking price of 8.56 lakhs. .
You must have been really shaken, to each his own. I also sold my sold my 14 year old Elantra at Cars 24, concur with what you said. Request you to reconsider and probably shift to small hatch: I did a TD of the Ignis it has very compact dimensions and is a great ride, check it out, has some great deals for the festive season, I have nothing to do with Maruti, wanted to get my daughter a car but she didn't like it.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 22:45   #519
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I am currently in the market to replace my S-cross with a diesel automatic. When I did a test drive of 2019 face lift version of RXZ AMT version, I really liked it, of course we can feel the gears changing especially at lower speeds but from inside space and vehicle safety features perspective, it checks all my requirements. The only question I have, after purchasing this product, if Renault India decides to discontinue this product after 2020 April, how many years we can get a proper spare parts availability and service from Renault India? Is it safe to buy this product now when the current version almost nearing to its last phase of life?

Last edited by pkothak : 7th November 2019 at 22:46.
Old 8th November 2019, 10:22   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
Hello Friends,

I am currently in the market to replace my S-cross with a diesel automatic. When I did a test drive of 2019 face lift version of RXZ AMT version, I really liked it, of course we can feel the gears changing especially at lower speeds but from inside space and vehicle safety features perspective, it checks all my requirements. The only question I have, after purchasing this product, if Renault India decides to discontinue this product after 2020 April, how many years we can get a proper spare parts availability and service from Renault India? Is it safe to buy this product now when the current version almost nearing to its last phase of life?

Hello, First of all I wish to tell you that my Duster AMT purchased in 2016 December completed 74000 kms. I am very happy with the purchase. I never faced any breakdowns. Duster is an important product for Renault.

Renault might discontinue the diesel version but the petrol version might be on sale. The spares should not be an issue at all.

From 30000kms onwards I am getting the vehicle serviced at a neighborhood garage.

Duster is a vehicle which is mechanically sound rather than the cosmetics. If you drive by yourself and if you give priority for suspension and drive comfort, then nothing can beat Duster.

My other cars are Cruze, Crysta. I really still like Duster for the suspension it offers.

Thank you.
drpavan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 11:19   #521
BHPian

Is there a good FNG in Nagpur for service of Duster ?

My Duster AWD is due for its 40k service. But there is a doubt. My vehicle is still under extended warranty. Can opt for a service outside authorised service network ? Will it affect the warranty ?
Old 8th November 2019, 19:59   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpavan View Post
Hello, First of all I wish to tell you that my Duster AMT purchased in 2016 December completed 74000 kms. I am very happy with the purchase. I never faced any breakdowns. Duster is an important product for Renault.

Renault might discontinue the diesel version but the petrol version might be on sale. The spares should not be an issue at all.

From 30000kms onwards I am getting the vehicle serviced at a neighborhood garage.

Duster is a vehicle which is mechanically sound rather than the cosmetics. If you drive by yourself and if you give priority for suspension and drive comfort, then nothing can beat Duster.

My other cars are Cruze, Crysta. I really still like Duster for the suspension it offers.

Thank you.
Thanks a lot Drpavan. I am almost fixed my mind on the new Duster. I am just holding myself and waiting for the December month deals. As of now at Hyderabad showrooms no major discounts are available on Duster. That's the reason I have decided to wait. Anyways thanks a lot for your great feedback and suggestion, I really appreciate it
Old 8th November 2019, 20:19   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post
Is there a good FNG in Nagpur for service of Duster ?

My Duster AWD is due for its 40k service. But there is a doubt. My vehicle is still under extended warranty. Can opt for a service outside authorised service network ? Will it affect the warranty ?
If you vehicle is still under extended warranty, then don't get it services outside authorized service center. It will void your warranty.
Old 8th November 2019, 21:57   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
If you vehicle is still under extended warranty, then don't get it services outside authorized service center. It will void your warranty.
Oh, thanks.

On a related note, could you please point out things to keep in mind during 40k service. I mean, the SAs advise so many unnecessary things to be done. So, what all are the important and unavoidable jobs that need to be carried out in a 40k service ??

Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 22:17   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agt7 View Post
Oh, thanks.

On a related note, could you please point out things to keep in mind during 40k service. I mean, the SAs advise so many unnecessary things to be done. So, what all are the important and unavoidable jobs that need to be carried out in a 40k service ??

Thanks
My duster hasn't reached the 40K milestone yet. But if I were you, I will stick to what is mentioned in the ownership manual. Some of the common items which SAs try to add unnecessarily are AC duct cleaning, underbody treatment, etc., which I always happily refuse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks