Team-BHP - Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/174917-maruti-vitara-brezza-official-review-10.html)

Since a lot of you are curious about how we arrived at the 8 lakhs in cash figure, here goes. A bundle of 1,000 rupee notes (i.e. 1 lakh) weighs about ~120 grams. Do the math :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3951340)
Since a lot of you are curious about how we arrived at the 8 lakhs in cash figure, here goes. A bundle of 1,000 rupee notes (i.e. 1 lakh) weighs about ~120 grams. Do the math .

Seeing this, manufacturers will come up with cars having hidden floor compartments to store money and other valuables.:D

I was considering Brezza ZDI plus and S cross 1.3 Zeta. Both are priced almost same. I drove both cars. I will list down my observations.

Brezza
1.Good ground clearance
2.Road presence might be better due to increased height
3.Performance is marginally better
4.Wider tyres and better alloy wheel design
5.Low beam halogen projector, pilot lamp, cooled glove box, multi color MID
6.Good visibility from driver seat
7.5-6 months waiting period

S cross
1.Better build and obviously a bigger car
2.Handling is way better than brezza
3.All 4 disc brakes
4.Better interior plastic quality
5.Comfortable seats with better under thigh support
6.Telescopic steering
7.Minimal waiting period

I ended up booking S cross 1.3 Zeta and would be getting the car within 2 weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tushar (Post 3949374)
Other Points:
This is the second 'diesel only' Maruti after the S-Cross. Strange time to begin such a trend when the market is moving toward petrols! But then, Suzuki doesn't have a competent 1.3 - 1.5L petrol. No doubt, their turbo-petrol has overshot its deadline.

Very nice review Tushar. The highlight of your review is the above point. They do not have a competent petrol motor in that range and also their 1.3 DDIS does its job very well.

I must add here that the Brezza looks much much better in flesh.
My neighbor has got delivery of his white Brezza, and I had a chance to check it out. Except for a few ugly panel gaps in the bonnet area, this car looks well made.

I wonder why Suzuki is not launching it's big brother vitara, now that they have access to fiat's 1.6 mill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhishek46 (Post 3951596)
I must add here that the Brezza looks much much better in flesh.
My neighbor has got delivery of his white Brezza, and I had a chance to check it out. Except for a few ugly panel gaps in the bonnet area, this car looks well made.

I wonder why Suzuki is not launching it's big brother vitara, now that they have access to fiat's 1.6 mill.

They wont be doing it anytime soon I believe. They can easily finish off Creta by bringing it with a good facia and S cross interiors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3951340)
Since a lot of you are curious about how we arrived at the 8 lakhs in cash figure, here goes. A bundle of 1,000 rupee notes (i.e. 1 lakh) weighs about ~120 grams. Do the math :D.

Very amusing. Soon car manufactures will start providing vault or safe deposit locker as an additional interior feature if they realize the selling potential in a country where most of the financial transactions are done in cash :uncontrol

Jokes apart, Brezza is full of features (ZDi & ZD+ varients) and Maruti ticked all the boxes which makes it the most value for money proposition. :thumbs up

Official Accessory Brochure for Brezza with illustrations

Brochure-ACC_Brochure_AW_Low_res.pdf

For Pricelist and Part numbers-Click to Open

Lovely alloy wheels which were displayed in Expo are also on offer. Maruti calls them "Machine finished"

Regards,
Shashi

This is one of those cars that just don't look appealing at all in the photos, but when you see one in the flesh and get to sit inside one, it comes together very nicely.

When the launch happened and the first clear photos came out, I was one of those people who was really disappointed. But, having had the chance to see it up close and sit inside one at the dealership, that opinion has changed.

It is quite a nicely put together car, much more proportional than the Creta and is quite a bit roomier on the inside than what it looks from the outside. This will really sell well for Maruti.

Quote:

Originally Posted by codelust (Post 3951811)
This is one of those cars that just don't look appealing at all in the photos, but when you see one in the flesh and get to sit inside one, it comes together very nicely.

When the launch happened and the first clear photos came out, I was one of those people who was really disappointed. But, having had the chance to see it up close and sit inside one at the dealership, that opinion has changed.

It is quite a nicely put together car, much more proportional than the Creta and is quite a bit roomier on the inside than what it looks from the outside. This will really sell well for Maruti.

Very true, the car is very good when you see in flesh. No offence to kuv owners, its quiet opposite for Kuv, it is not that good as you see in pics.

Never seen MSIL putting in so much effort for a product! For a change, the accessories are actually well thought-out and attractive! Wow! This one is going to be a block-buster for Maruti without a doubt!

Excellent Review! Seems like this one will sell well with the Maruti tag, however nothing in particular is exciting about Brezza! The interiors are sadly too bland but the dual tone exterios compensates it with more appealing look. Neverthless, on a comparison, Ecosport does evidently gives a superior feeling anytime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3951513)
I was considering Brezza ZDI plus and S cross 1.3 Zeta. Both are priced almost same. I drove both cars. I will list down my observations.

Brezza
1.Good ground clearance
2.Road presence might be better due to increased height
3.Performance is marginally better
4.Wider tyres and better alloy wheel design
5.Low beam halogen projector, pilot lamp, cooled glove box, multi color MID
6.Good visibility from driver seat
7.5-6 months waiting period

S cross
1.Better build and obviously a bigger car
2.Handling is way better than brezza
3.All 4 disc brakes
4.Better interior plastic quality
5.Comfortable seats with better under thigh support
6.Telescopic steering
7.Minimal waiting period

I ended up booking S cross 1.3 Zeta and would be getting the car within 2 weeks.

I am very pleased to hear of this decision. But I would still ask you to consider the 1.6 Alpha - there is nothing that is quite as good as that when it comes to the S Cross. Believe me that is going to be a "keeper" and will achieve "cult car" status one day - there will be enthusiasts lining up outside your home to buy it when you decide to sell!:)

Great Review with exhaustive and intricate details ! Typical TBHP Review :D

And I have to say the MSIL has done it again !

No nonsense design with trendy colour shades, India's National Engine, Maruti Badge coupled with a sensible pricing- You hit a jackpot in the Indian Market.

Brezza might appear an upmarket product with its sleazy looks but Maruti played it well not placing it in the Shops of NEXA and it better suits the semi-urban areas with its higher GC and the impeccable reliability .

This product seems to be specifically released by keeping in view of the tastes of the non-metro/cosmopolitan areas viz B-tier, C-tier cities and semi urban towns . This is a perfect upgrade for the owners of Alto/Wagon-R or even Swift given the Baleno's accessibility is confined to very few places, mostly urban centres.

One of the oft-cited cons about the Brezza here is the lack of exciting interior features , but as I understand , the customers intended for this product are not very keen on such features and mostly go with the Flesh of the Car [ with the company tag] and a typical SUVish looks and to say the least, the Vitara Brezza looks beautifully proportionated and poses an impressive stance on the Road.

Vitara Brezza looks balanced, clean and elegant unlike its other competitors which have a rather Bloated and disproportionate looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 3952334)
. But I would still ask you to consider the 1.6 Alpha - there is nothing that is quite as good as that when it comes to the S Cross. Believe me that is going to be a "keeper" and will achieve "cult car" status one day - there will be enthusiasts lining up outside your home to buy it when you decide to sell!:)

I emphatically second this .

S-Cross DDiS 320 is a gem of the Car and it might not be an exaggeration to say that it is the most VFM Car present on the Indian roads, when all the factors are taken into the consideration - Powerful and [more importantly] Reliable Engine, Bulletproof Build, Timeless and No-nonsense [ but not bland] Design, Excellent Service, Sensible pricing [ post the price cuts], Decent Handling and Ride quality... what more can one ask for :)

I was waiting patiently for this review...and as usual, a superb job done !! Congrats to TBHP for the details.

MSIL sure does have a winner here. Good looks, trendy styling, reliable fuel efficient diesel, adequate GC and the Maruti badge...it does have all the makings of a winner here (as evidenced by the booking numbers and waiting periods).

Rated 5 stars. clap: