Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2019, 11:41   #1516
BANNED

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Yes. I agree with your statement. However, it looks like your Brezza was one of the cases of faulty steering's silent recall. Have a look at this Thread.
The silent recalls have a beauty in themselves which actually help a manufacturer to get praises instead of bashing. Making recalls public make people angry with the QC and what not, because they will get to know there is something wrong with their car well in advance. If you do a silent recall people won’t be knowing the issue with their car until they come for service and the benefactors would actually go ‘you know I got an excellent service experience from...’. Getting an extended warranty through a public recall makes one say ‘isn’t it the basic expectation, they are bound to give the warranty’. Getting a warranty through silent recall makes the same person say ‘the company is awesome, you know....’. I am not saying this specific to Maruti as such, but to highlight the speciality of human thinking based on my thinking

Last edited by pavi : 3rd February 2019 at 11:46.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 11:56   #1517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Maruti offered a discount on Vitara Brezza first time in last two and a half years. This discount is offered by dealers under the exchange scheme.
Mahindra XUV300's effect?

Maruti Brezza is now up for discounts with Rs 15000 Cash-discount with an additional Rs 25000 Exchange Bonus and a further additional Rs 5000 Corporate Discount.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2019, 10:25   #1518
BHPian

Vitara Brezza Convertible concept - Render art

Old 16th February 2019, 18:03   #1519
Senior - BHPian

Any idea about launch of Petrol Brezza with K15 engine? Many you tube videos are confident about this configuration and launch in 2019.
Old 18th February 2019, 14:26   #1520
BHPian

Hi,

With 60k on the odo the tyres and the car have done pretty well and there are no complaints from a grip or the driving perspective. However, one in the front is making me sweat from past few weeks. Have encountered multiple punctures and the air pressure keeps dropping every few days. I was wondering what should be the best approach in this situation! Where the tread is still decent to hold on to at least 5k more on the odo. What brand and how do I go about this situation?
Old 20th February 2019, 19:34   #1521

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Hi,

With 60k on the odo the tyres and the car have done pretty well and there are no complaints from a grip or the driving perspective. However, one in the front is making me sweat from past few weeks. Have encountered multiple punctures and the air pressure keeps dropping every few days. I was wondering what should be the best approach in this situation! Where the tread is still decent to hold on to at least 5k more on the odo. What brand and how do I go about this situation?
If you must keep the tyre, can you swap it to the rear where it is less dangerous if you have a flat or a blow out. As for the tyre pressure dropping, it has to be a very small almost undetectable puncture or a leak from the valve. Not in a position to recommend tyres as I am out of touch with the tyres in India. Overseas I have had good experiences with Bridgestone and Yokohama etc
Old 20th February 2019, 19:53   #1522

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I Test Drove a Vitara ZDi+ for my manager yesterday. We were all so 'meh' after driving it. I didn't even feel like experimenting with RPMs, gears, handling etc. The interiors reminded us of our old Swifts and Wagon Rs while the TD car rattled away. There was sand on the carpets. The hard ride and the road noise filtering in at 30 Kmph was felt too.

The Nexon which we TD'd the day before yesterday was in a different league as a product.

Even if the TD car was ill-maintained and is the culprit here, Maruti comes off like an arrogant hunk and its customers seem like pretty girls; all the hunk has to do is show up and not make an effort to please or impress the girl. I doubt if my manager will book a Brezza even though he likes its height and tall-person friendly ergonomics...
Exactly my feelings after test driving both cars and I ended up buying a Nexon though I was inclined towards the Brezza after driving a similar Vitara overseas. The only thing in common with the overseas model was the shape. The interiors, NVH was not even comparable with the overseas model. I guess that the Brezza sells just because it is a Maruti
Edaks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 00:01   #1523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

However, one in the front is making me sweat from past few weeks. Have encountered multiple punctures and the air pressure keeps dropping every few days.

Better to get it checked at a good tyre shop and replace all 4 tyres if required. No point in taking risk with the tyres.
Old 21st February 2019, 08:32   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

60k is quite good for stock tyres. The first sign to change tyres are these small frequent punctures and quickly reducing air pressure.
krish3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 11:52   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edaks View Post
If you must keep the tyre, can you swap it to the rear where it is less dangerous if you have a flat or a blow out. As for the tyre pressure dropping, it has to be a very small almost undetectable puncture or a leak from the valve. Not in a position to recommend tyres as I am out of touch with the tyres in India. Overseas I have had good experiences with Bridgestone and Yokohama etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Better to get it checked at a good tyre shop and replace all 4 tyres if required. No point in taking risk with the tyres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
60k is quite good for stock tyres. The first sign to change tyres are these small frequent punctures and quickly reducing air pressure.
So, got the tire checked at cherry agency in electronic city bangalore. The tire has multiple punctures and there is no point getting them fixed. As you guys mentioned it's about time too, for a replacement. Have swapped the tire with the spare one for time being and will be going to replace with Apollo alnac itself. I feel they are noisy but have been exceptionally well on the drives, be it plains or the ghats and the tread wear is also acceptable.
Old 27th February 2019, 15:31   #1526
BHPian

I too like the Alnacs. Though its noisy, its something that can be worked out. I did some door dampening and the road noise has reduced. A good underbody and wheel well coating should reduce road noise even further
Old 31st March 2019, 15:45   #1527
BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Folks - is it possible to fit Manual ZDI+ steering with cruise control to the AMT unit, I mean does anyone know if the cruise control wiring is present and can we just connect the buttons to make it work after steering replacement?
Old 8th April 2019, 14:27   #1528
BHPian

Is there any news about 1.5 brezza launch?
Since the 1.3 multijet will be discontinued soon, will MS launch the 1.5 brezza or will it be a smaller displacement engine like a 3 cyl diesel of some sort, considering they were planning to launch it with a 1.0 turbo petrol in the first place?

Also, since Brezza is an extremely popular car in India, I wonder why hasn't there been any discussion about its facelift and engine upgrades anywhere?
Old 9th April 2019, 14:57   #1529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshrey22 View Post
Is there any news about 1.5 brezza launch?
Here is the news at carwale.com.

Quote:
The Vitara Brezza facelift could come with an all-new in-house developed 1.5-litre E15A DDiS 225 diesel motor that will be mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. The oil burner will reportedly produce 94 bhp of power and 225 Nm of peak torque. The new motor will be BS-VI ready and will comply with the upcoming emission norms by early 2020.
carwale.com news.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 13:01   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki may completely move Brezza production to Toyota’s Bengaluru plant.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki, India’s largest carmaker, may completely shift the production of its compact SUV Vitara Brezza to Toyota plants in Karnataka.

If the company goes ahead, this will be the first of its kind move as Maruti has not outsourced the production outside the Suzuki fold till now.

In March, the board of Maruti Suzuki cleared proposals to partly source Brezza sports utility vehicle from Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) as a part of the broader non-equity based agreement signed between Suzuki and Toyota in February 2017.
News Source.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed