Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2019, 11:55   #1546
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The Brezza has a better ground clearance than some of it's rivals eg the TUV. Will this translate into better water wading capacity for the Brezza?
As far as my knowledge goes, water wading is related to the location of the air intake, rather than ground clearance.
In Brezza air filter is located at the top of engine afaik.
ashishy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 00:07   #1547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
The Brezza has a better ground clearance than some of it's rivals eg the TUV. Will this translate into better water wading capacity for the Brezza?
Apart from the air intake the water wading depth is dependent on many other things. Breather outlets or vents in differentials and transmissions, wheel bearing seals, drum or disk type brakes, electrical connections for tail lamps and front fog lamps, door seals. Basically anything that could be submerged under water needs to be designed in a way that it prevent water from entering these components. You could have 200 mm ground clearance and still have very low water wading specification and conversely you could have average ground clearance but reasonable water wading capability. It all depends on the design of the vehicle and to what limit it is made to sustain water wading.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 12:21   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
, The car has run exactly 1.45 lakh Kms so far, Battery never gave any trouble even in the High altitude Himalayas, Kedar-Badri, Ladakh etc.
Wow that's a lot of running on your Vitara Brezza. How has been your ownership experience with the car overall on all aspects and with the MJD in particular in this tune? Given a chance, would you buy the Brezza again in the DDiS tune or would prefer a petrol?
Old 11th July 2019, 11:18   #1549
BHPian

I have started facing a new issue in my 25k kms old Brezza. I normally warm the engine for 2-3 minutes before rolling. There is an uphill road right out of my home and whenever i engage the first gear and start rolling, a strange grinding noise will be heard and the engine sounds as if it's going to stall. I have to rev the engine to get it moving. I took the car to service station and couldn't replicate the issue. Service advisor asked me to warm up for 5 minutes more. Even then, I am facing this issue. Can anyone tell me why this could be happening?
Old 11th July 2019, 11:39   #1550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevanur View Post
I have started facing a new issue in my 25k kms old Brezza. I normally warm the engine for 2-3 minutes before rolling. There is an uphill road right out of my home and whenever i engage the first gear and start rolling, a strange grinding noise will be heard and the engine sounds as if it's going to stall. I have to rev the engine to get it moving. I took the car to service station and couldn't replicate the issue. Service advisor asked me to warm up for 5 minutes more. Even then, I am facing this issue. Can anyone tell me why this could be happening?
Could be from the brakes as well, Leave the car in gear and without handbrake over night and see if the issue persists.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2019, 11:50   #1551

Quote:
Do the Engine Oil Warning light up in during Engine Grinding?? I have similar issue in my Santro, Mechanic says this is due to engine oil pump gone weak and needs to be rectified or replaced.

Last edited by saurabh_001 : 11th July 2019 at 11:52.
Old 11th July 2019, 12:53   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this noise when you are climbing the slope and half clutching? or in between the states where in the clutch is connected to the flywheel but not fully as you still have to release the entire pedal?
Old 11th July 2019, 14:17   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_001 View Post
Do the Engine Oil Warning light up in during Engine Grinding?? I have similar issue in my Santro, Mechanic says this is due to engine oil pump gone weak and needs to be rectified or replaced.
No warnings whatsoever, I have to rev it to get it going. Feels like a petrol engine plus the grinding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Could be from the brakes as well, Leave the car in gear and without handbrake over night and see if the issue persists.
Thank you. Let me try this and will let you know.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th July 2019 at 15:54. Reason: back to back posts merged.
Old 12th July 2019, 10:37   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Is this noise when you are climbing the slope and half clutching? or in between the states where in the clutch is connected to the flywheel but not fully as you still have to release the entire pedal?
This is when I am in process of releasing the pedal. Without revving, the engine would stall. I parked overnight on gear without engaging handbrake, it didn't had any issues. I am not sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Quote:
Thank you. Let me try this and will let you know.
This worked. Parked the car in gear without handbrakes. Today, it rolled uphill without hiccup. I don't understand why, but it worked. Thank you.

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th July 2019 at 15:53.
Old 12th July 2019, 11:38   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
This worked. Parked the car in gear without handbrakes. Today, it rolled uphill without hiccup. I don't understand why, but it worked. Thank you.
It's great that the tip suggested by 'Kosfactor' worked. May be even after releasing the hand brake, the rear brake pads might be still holding the drums for some time and creating some resistance, that you have experienced while your car is going uphill.

Last edited by Hickstead : 12th July 2019 at 11:40.
Old 12th July 2019, 12:10   #1556
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In all probability, this would be because the hand brake pads at times get stuck to the drum, especially when you have waded through water or washed the car and applied hand brakes. This issue is very common during monsoons and can happen to any car. This can also lead to brake pads getting stuck leading to wheel locking.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 13:43   #1557
BHPian

Krishna,

When time permits get the rear brake assembly cleaned at the nearest MASS or your trusted FNG.
Add this task as a To Do list item for every monsoon.

Regards
Nikhil
Old 15th July 2019, 19:45   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
I narrowed this issue to Fuel/Oil Pump not having the required pressure.
Switch ON the Car. Do Not go to 'Ignition'(meaning do not 'crank'). I have a Brezza ZDi+ so 2 presses of the start/stop button (without Clutch) and all the dashboard warning lights are ON. Here you will hear a mild 'humming' sound. This lasts for 20-30 seconds and then the sound goes off. Now I press down the clutch and crank the engine. Idle for a minute or so before getting on a roll.
This worked for me, let me know if this works for you as well.
Old 21st July 2019, 17:26   #1559
Distinguished - BHPian

I just picked up a used Brezza ZDI AGS and was wondering if I can get the driver arm rest fitted which comes standard with the ZDI+ variant.

Also what is the expected FE of the Brezza AGS? I have only driven around 50kms so far, most of it in traffic and the FE as per the car is 12 kmpl, which is rather low. I of-course intend to evaluate it properly with the tank full method.
Old 21st July 2019, 18:09   #1560
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I just picked up a used Brezza ZDI AGS and was wondering if I can get the driver arm rest fitted which comes standard with the ZDI+ variant.
Yes. You can easily fit it. Contact your MASS for the MGP.

Quote:
Also what is the expected FE of the Brezza AGS? I have only driven around 50kms so far, most of it in traffic and the FE as per the car is 12 kmpl, which is rather low. I of-course intend to evaluate it properly with the tank full method.
For manual I get around 18-19kmpl. You should also get somewhere close.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed