Team-BHP - Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/174917-maruti-vitara-brezza-official-review-107.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sairamboko (Post 4692579)
Went for alignment and balancing last week. My Brezza's rear tyres will last for another 10 to 15k as per tyre shop guy. My car has run just 29k kms! Didnt expect the tyres to wear out so soon. Its MRF tyres. I am planning to replace all the 5 tyres in one go around March next year. Suggestions for tyre brands please. My requirements are the tyre should have a good life, able to last long in the Bangalore roads, riding comfort.

Only Michelins fit your requirements. (Continentals tend to last longer but ride isn't as soft!)

Also - do you actually get tyres rotated including the spare? Did you ever use the spare tyre in case of a flat? If the answers to these are negative - I recommend you just change 4 tyres and continue with the existing ballast in boot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4692646)
Only Michelins fit your requirements. (Continentals tend to last longer but ride isn't as soft!)

Also - do you actually get tyres rotated including the spare? Did you ever use the spare tyre in case of a flat? If the answers to these are negative - I recommend you just change 4 tyres and continue with the existing ballast in boot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4692642)
Michelin, eyes closed. Check if there are any upgrades suitable for Brezza. Else keep OEM tyre size.
With moderate load and driving any tyres will last for about 50000km. I had exceptional Bridgestones on Santro (car weight also matters) that gave me 70000km. But none after that.

Thanks Reinhard! Since Michelin uses soft compound, will it be durable? My daily commute is 38kms and last 2kms have gravel roads or no roads. Will Michelin survive the harsh conditions?

@Rajivtelang - i did 5 tyre rotation for first 15k kms. After that one of the tyres got flat nearly 7 times due to construction activities near my house. Hence stopped using it and kept it as spare. Should i rotate the tyre when i go for my 30k kms checkup. Will post pics shortly.

Edit : Mine is VDI model , size is 205/60 R16 i think

Rear Tyres
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-tyre.jpg

Front Tyre
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-tyre1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by sairamboko (Post 4692655)
Thanks Reinhard! Since Micheline uses soft compound, will it be durable? My daily commute is 38kms and last 2kms have gravel roads or no roads. Will Michelin survive the harsh conditions?

Yes the Primacy will last. What you mentioned is the state of roads almost all over our country :D.
Like I said - Continentals are more durable. If you are ready for a slight compromise on road noise (still worlds apart from MRF) then you can see if Conti is available in your required size. Should be. The 215/60R16 is a very hot selling size thanks to SC-SUV boom.
Quote:

@Rajivtelang - i did 5 tyre rotation for first 15k kms. After that one of the tyres got flat nearly 7 times due to construction activities near my house. Hence stopped using it and kept it as spare. Should i rotate the tyre when i go for my 30k kms checkup. Will post pics shortly.

Don't rotate it now. 7 punctures is quite a few. Its something that probably needs to be converted to "tube" tyre now. And yes - with such condition - do change all 5 tyres like you mentioned earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sairamboko (Post 4692579)
Went for alignment and balancing last week. My Brezza's rear tyres will last for another 10 to 15k as per tyre shop guy. My car has run just 29k kms! Didnt expect the tyres to wear out so soon. Its MRF tyres. I am planning to replace all the 5 tyres in one go around March next year. Suggestions for tyre brands please. My requirements are the tyre should have a good life, able to last long in the Bangalore roads, riding comfort.

Yokohama Earth -1 will be the perfect choice per your requirements. I have used them in my previous car for over 55,000 kms and in my current Brio for around 10,000kms. Excellent tires for the money.

If your budget is a little higher, Michelin P4ST can be blindly opted for. Superior comfort, silent with great braking and grip/ handling. Using them now on my 2019 City, and pretty happy with them. Worth the money.

Check the individual threads on both these tires in the tires section of the forum. You will find exhaustive user reviews on both. Both of them are great choices. Michelins are slightly softer than the Yokos, but have better comfort and grip. Not soft enough to cause any worries about damaging them, though. They have been well adapted for Indian conditions.

Quote:

Since Michelin uses soft compound, will it be durable? My daily commute is 38kms and last 2kms have gravel roads or no roads. Will Michelin survive the harsh conditions?

Will keep this short but it will. I have used Michelin XM2 for both my cars and now on Primacy 3ST which will last even longer than XM2 and this is a testimony my many owners from different cars across the segments.

Quote:

7 is a huge number. I would have suggested to go only for 1 new tyre and keep as spare. Later you could have changed 4 tyres to same brand. But the construction work you mentioned is a big concern. Please do not rotate your spare wheel. As mentioned by other BHPians try to live with that for another 10k-15k kilometres. Then change all 5 tyres to, I will say michelins but experiences from others too count and your budget also matters. By that time I assume the construction will get over and you can have peace of mind :)

Thank you all for the replies ! I don't have budget problems so Michelin will be fine. I will start visiting some tyre dealers around Feb and see. Can I rotate the 4 tyres till I change the tyres? The flat tyre is kept for spare and not used in rotation

Rajiv- construction activity won't stop for next 1 year. The 2 vacant plots on either side of my house is getting built now. However I have cleared the space in front of my house and my car is parked safely there . My dad's wagon r is parked in the front car park area.

Does anyone know why the Breeza AMT is not able to hold on inclines for some seconds when you stop and lift your feet from brake pedal? I have seen, unless someone switches fast from Brake to Accelerator pedal, there is a small rollback.
However Duster AMT does not roll back according to first person reviews in this forum. What might be the different in AMT engineering between these two cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by busydrive (Post 4696273)
However Duster AMT does not roll back according to first person reviews in this forum. What might be the different in AMT engineering between these two cars?

Nothing different with the AMT.

Duster AMT comes with Hill Hold Assist, which holds the brakes for 2 secs when launching on an incline.

India's leading car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki will introduce a BS-6 petrol version of its two models, Brezza and S-Cross, before April 1, 2020, a company official has said.

The new Bharat Stage (BS) 6 fuel emission norms are set to kick in from April 1, 2020.

The official said auto manufacturers will have to wait for another two-three months to say if the country's automobile industry has come out of slowdown.

"The company will soon bring the BS-6 standard petrol variant of Brezza and S-Cross. As the new emission norms are coming into force from April 1, 2020, we will bring BS-6 petrol Brezza and S Cross in the fourth quarter (January-March) of this financial year," said Shashank Srivastava, executive director (marketing), Maruti Suzuki India, at a press conference.

Link :

https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.m...62761.html/amp

please: Do it fast, Msil india has been too lazy to offer Petrol variants in both offerings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by XRoader_001 (Post 4697605)
India's leading car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki will introduce a BS-6 petrol version of its two models, Brezza and S-Cross, before April 1, 2020, a company official has said.

I hope they will not use the heartect platform for these BS6 compliant versions. Brezza holds 4 star safety rating. I hope they will keep same build quality for petrol versions as well. If not, not for my consideration :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivtelang (Post 4697697)
I hope they will not use the heartect platform for these BS6 compliant versions. Brezza holds 4 star safety rating. I hope they will keep same build quality for petrol versions as well. If not, not for my consideration :).

The petrol variant will have a change of heart but it won't be the Heartect platform for sure. It'll be a petrol engine, in all probability the 1.5L one with SHVS.

If MSIL plans a Heartect platform for Brezza, it means they have to start from the drawing board and it would be an entirely different car. Brezza is based on C platform of Suzuki just like S-Cross and Vitara so changing the whole platform would mean a new generation Brezza which I doubt will be made so soon in product cycle life.

Quote:

Welcome Doctor, there is an active thread on this topic going on. I would like you to share a crisp long term ownership report of your Brezza. You are an encyclopedia. clap:

Brezza_Petrol

Quote:

The new Bharat Stage (BS) 6 fuel emission norms are set to kick in from April 1, 2020.

And a discussion on this is going on here. BS6

I would like you to share your thoughts on the cycling and EVs also on respective threads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 4697719)
The petrol variant will have a change of heart but it won't be the Heartect platform for sure. It'll be a petrol engine, in all probability the 1.5L one with SHVS.

If MSIL plans a Heartect platform for Brezza, it means they have to start from the drawing board and it would be an entirely different car. Brezza is based on C platform of Suzuki just like S-Cross and Vitara so changing the whole platform would mean a new generation Brezza which I doubt will be made so soon in product cycle life.

Thanks , a lot doc

Indeed, you are bang on, platform will remain the same for Petrol Variant of Brezza.

We can expect a minor facelift or rather a mid cycle upgrade from MSIL as they rarely go for radical change in a successful product.

1.5 petrol Shvs in all probability ,I hope it does come with an automatic from the day of launch.

E-Bicycle’s are mobility solutions for city commute it’s close to my heart will surely contribute

Quote:

please: Do it fast, Msil india has been too lazy to offer Petrol variants in both offerings.

I believe MSIL was 'late' by design. They were milking the Brezza with national engine. Why change when you are achieving 10K+ consistently?

Now a new set of customers with the BS6 petrol. It will be interesting to know whether diesel will make a comeback to Brezza with the 1.6 Fiat engine.

Happen to visit Pratham Motors today for fast tag. Interestingly I met a sales person known to me and asked him about the petrol Brezza platform. Immediately he said "heartect". When I asked why and gave a full list of issues with that, he changed his statement saying not heartect :D. I hope it will not be heartect as some bhpians commented in multiple threads.
Really funny to see how these folks "sell" cars to customers. Is heartect a magic word for customers now a days? Really aweful. :Frustrati