Team-BHP - Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/174917-maruti-vitara-brezza-official-review-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 3952334)
I am very pleased to hear of this decision. But I would still ask you to consider the 1.6 Alpha - there is nothing that is quite as good as that when it comes to the S Cross. Believe me that is going to be a "keeper" and will achieve "cult car" status one day - there will be enthusiasts lining up outside your home to buy it when you decide to sell!:)

I would prefer 1.6 any day. I was offered 1.6 delta 2015 model at same price as 1.3 Zeta which I had booked. 1.6 is a torque monster and 1.3 can't hold a candle against it above 100. I couldn't convince my dad for 1.6. I drive a Wolf remapped SX4. I would rate it's performance somewhere between 1.3 & 1.6. I will get my S cross 1.3 remapped. I am little sad that I am gonna drive the same engine again (driven 1 lakh plus kms in SX4). I did not go for brezza because handling and brakes were superior in S cross which is required to handle that extra power post remap :D

To the experts once again.

How do these new generation diesel engines (I drive a 15 year old Qualis) behave in sub zero temperatures. I drive up in the Himalayas, in winter, and the Qualis starts up without a sneeze. Its got snow on the bonnet, the temperature is hovering at -8C and there is no problem.

Is there a heater? Like in the old gen diesels. Or one just pushes the button/turns the key and the engine starts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3952376)
I would prefer 1.6 any day. I was offered 1.6 delta 2015 model at same price as 1.3 Zeta which I had booked. 1.6 is a torque monster and 1.3 can't hold a candle against it above 100. I couldn't convince my dad for 1.6. I drive a Wolf remapped SX4. I would rate it's performance somewhere between 1.3 & 1.6. I will get my S cross 1.3 remapped. I am little sad that I am gonna drive the same engine again (driven 1 lakh plus kms in SX4). I did not go for brezza because handling and brakes were superior in S cross which is required to handle that extra power post remap :D

If you were getting the 1.6 at the same price why don't you change the booking?
Worth it for the extra juice for sure.
You will regret it once you drive that silly 1.3 out of the showroom so the time to act is NOW!

And absolutely Yes! The Brezza is nothing when compared to the S Cross. It sells for an entirely different set of reasons to an entirely different set of people with entirely different considerations. S Cross is a cult vehicle especially in the top spec Alpha 1.6 variant. With the recent price correction it is a steal! Im 100% sure of this which is why I am aggressively advising you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 3952386)
If you were getting the 1.6 at the same price why don't you change the booking?
Worth it for the extra juice for sure.
You will regret it once you drive that silly 1.3 out of the showroom so the time to act is NOW!

I completely agree buddy. If it was my decision, it's 1.6 for sure. Since dad is funding too for the car, I got to listen to him. I am using SX4 as my daily drive. We felt S cross would be ideal highway cruiser and do good speeds without complaints. Since it will be driven majorly by dad, I agreed to his decision.

Fantastic review Tushar! Full marks to your attention to detail. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tushar (Post 3949369)

The Vitara Brezza's face is the most eye-catching part of the car!

No offence – but as a personal matter of choice, I felt front fascia isn’t that prominent and gives an impression of a small hatch. Neither chrome slat, nor grill & headlamps portray SUV’sh stance and lacks in distinguished styling. Rather I found Brezza looks stunning in rear quarter angle where floating roof design strikes, 215 section tyres looks mighty, higher ground clearance appears boastful and butch cladding renders masculinity. :thumbs up

Motoroctane compares ecosport, brezza and tuv here:
http://motoroctane.com/reviews/26470...300-comparison

Their verdict is in favour of brezza.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3952392)
I completely agree buddy. If it was my decision, it's 1.6 for sure. Since dad is funding too for the car, I got to listen to him. I am using SX4 as my daily drive. We felt S cross would be ideal highway cruiser and do good speeds without complaints. Since it will be driven majorly by dad, I agreed to his decision.

Why are you switching from SX4 to SCross? One lakh is less than half of this engines life. Remap SX4 instead of risking a new engine. Wait till the 1.6 gets produced in India or a 1.5 litre engine arrives probably next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anycatd (Post 3952418)
Why are you switching from SX4 to SCross? One lakh is less than half of this engines life. Remap SX4 instead of risking a new engine. Wait till the 1.6 gets produced in India or a 1.5 litre engine arrives probably next year.

Sx4 is already remapped buddy by Wolf Moto :D. Sx4 is my daily drive which is around 80 kms. Baleno and Grand i10 are other cars in my garage. Dad does highway drives to bangalore at least twice a month. So we felt there is a need of bigger car with better build. S cross is the perfect upgrade for us. I would still use Sx4. I might sell off my grand i10 if I get a good price.
Cheers!

Is the Brezza suspension on the stiffer side? Ride is quite flat most of the time but the bumps can be heard inside. Maybe an issue with tyre pressure? Apollos dont seem to be the quietest either. On roughly textured roads there is a bit of humming in the cabin.

Do we have to keep running the AC all the time to keep the cabin clean? The new car smell is stuck in the cabin and I wanted to open it up for some time to let the interiors breathe.

After driving the Brezza the S cross 1.6 looks like an awesome deal.
Be it fit and finish or the ride, S cross wins all the way

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3952392)

But that is exactly the point. If this is a highway cruiser then the 1.6 is absolutely the one to go with! Not the 1.3 for sure!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3952429)
. Dad does highway drives to bangalore at least twice a month. So we felt there is a need of bigger car with better build. S cross is the perfect upgrade for us.Cheers!

If that is the purpose of the new car, I'd say you're making a horrible mistake by confining yourself to the DDiS200. :eek:

It is obvious the DDiS320 is the best Highway cruiser in that budget and you would certainly and terribly regret the decision. The DDiS 180 is painfully underpowered with a heavier Body and it would be a laggard on the highway.

I earnestly ask you to reconsider the decision [ or make your father see these posts to change his mind :D]

Quote:

Originally Posted by poised2drive (Post 3952572)
If that is the purpose of the new car, I'd say you're making a horrible mistake by confining yourself to the DDiS200. :eek:

It is obvious the DDiS320 is the best Highway cruiser in that budget and you would certainly and terribly regret the decision. The DDiS 180 is painfully underpowered with a heavier Body and it would be a laggard on the highway.

I earnestly ask you to reconsider the decision [ or make your father see these posts to change his mind :D]

Haha, I was doing the same. I tricked him to drive both 1.3 and 1.6. Nothing worked! 1.6 is a monster compared to 1.3. But 1.3 is no way underpowered. His point is 1.3 does the job of cruising at speeds of 100-120 kmph without any fuss and why spend extra 2 lakhs and compromise on long term maintenance and reliability. 2015 delta 1.6 model was offered at almost same price as 1.3 Zeta after discounts. He refused the deal saying don't want to buy a car lying under sun in stock yard for 6 plus months.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dileep (Post 3952383)
To the experts once again.

How do these new generation diesel engines (I drive a 15 year old Qualis) behave in sub zero temperatures. I drive up in the Himalayas, in winter, and the Qualis starts up without a sneeze. Its got snow on the bonnet, the temperature is hovering at -8C and there is no problem.

Is there a heater? Like in the old gen diesels. Or one just pushes the button/turns the key and the engine starts.

Dileep, all Diesel engines have heaters or glow plugs. Ol Skool diesels as you said, had those push buttons where you need to keep it pressed. The new gen ones work automatically and remain ON depending on the outside temperature. Modern diesels can very much cope with the sub zero temperatures.
There are lot of videos on the youtube, just search for diesel engine cold starts and you should find lot of videos:).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 3952579)
Haha, I was doing the same. I tricked him to drive both 1.3 and 1.6. Nothing worked! 1.6 is a monster compared to 1.3. But 1.3 is no way underpowered. His point is 1.3 does the job of cruising at speeds of 100-120 kmph without any fuss and why spend extra 2 lakhs and compromise on long term maintenance and reliability. 2015 delta 1.6 model was offered at almost same price as 1.3 Zeta after discounts. He refused the deal saying don't want to buy a car lying under sun in stock yard for 6 plus months.

What is the compromise on long term maintenance and reliability?

And for your information I bought a May 2011 Manufactured Yeti in the end of November 2011 - basically a 6 months old vehicle which lay around till I bought it in the HOT Aurangabad Sun (Skoda Plant) and then in the HOT Bangalore Sun (Dealer Yard) and Wet Bangalore Rain (Dealer Yard).

It has now been working with me peacefully for the last 4.5 years.

Please show your Dad these posts and Break all these Myths and Old Wives Tales.
The 1.6 S Cross is truly the vehicle to go for!