Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2020, 00:41   #1651
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Hi, needed some guidance and help. My Brezza ZDi+ refuses to start. Due to lockdown, it was lying idle for close to 1.5 months. Battery is about 1 year old. On ignition, lights on the instrument panel are switching on as in the normal case. Did not try the horn or the headlights. However, Music system played and AC and reverse camera display also switched on but car refused to start and there was a click sound each time I tried to start the car. The click sound was somewhere around the passenger side footwell. Wanted to check if it has something to do with the battery or there is some other issue. I can call the Maruti Service Center or Exide Roadside Assistance to visit accordingly.
It is the battery. The battery has drained completely so no power for the starter but it has just enough to power some of the electronics. If it's a manual, try bump starting in 2nd gear. If it's an auto, call the neighborhood battery shop or get the battery charged.
Old 17th June 2020, 14:34   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Hi,

I really need inputs on changing the tires, I have a zdi with 80k on the ODO. Had planned to change the tires for my brezza in march, but the whole pandemic situation changed the priorities. With rains coming back and the little movement possible within Bangalore, I really will have to change the set.

I have one 215/60 in perfect condition which is from apollo. But however have to swap all 4 now, was wondering if I should take the Continental MC5 or go with apollos itself. Apollo's have been fairly good to me and I have driven about 15K out of the 80 on bad, really bad roads.

So, any inputs on the tire swap? If not these 2 what other tires can I look at? Primacy are tempting but the harsh roads and potholes with metro construction going on gives me doubts about the longevity.

Thanks!
I would highly recommend Michelin Primacy 4ST, Just bought a set of 5 tyres in Feb 2020, Did a 2k km Bangalore-Vizag trip & post lock down have covered another 3k kms, Superb tyres & don't drive extra carefully on rough roads, I drive pretty fast but am not rash.

By the way, This is my 3rd set of tyres, always buy 5 tyres every time, my spare is also a alloy & I rotate, align & balance every 5k kms.
First set was Apollo Alnac 4GS, came factory fitted, car purchased May 2016, lasted 68k kms till July 2017
Second set was Michelin Primacy 3ST purchased on July 2017, lasted one lakh & two hundred kilometers till Feb 2020
Third set running now is Primacy 4ST purchased on Feb 2020, run 5k kms so far

Hope this helps
GSMINC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 19:54   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
It is the battery.

Thank you, Vishy76. This is helpful. It is a manual. Will try bump starting or else call the battery service to get the battery charged.
Old 17th June 2020, 20:48   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
I would highly recommend Michelin Primacy 4ST, Just bought a set of 5 tyres in Feb 2020, Did a 2k km Bangalore-Vizag trip & post lock down have covered another 3k kms, Superb tyres & don't drive extra carefully on rough roads, I drive pretty fast but am not rash.

By the way, This is my 3rd set of tyres, always buy 5 tyres every time, my spare is also a alloy & I rotate, align & balance every 5k kms.
First set was Apollo Alnac 4GS, came factory fitted, car purchased May 2016, lasted 68k kms till July 2017
Second set was Michelin Primacy 3ST purchased on July 2017, lasted one lakh & two hundred kilometers till Feb 2020
Third set running now is Primacy 4ST purchased on Feb 2020, run 5k kms so far

Hope this helps
Ok, that sounds good. Was thinking about the primacy but the quote was really high! Do you have any leads? Dealer who can help me with this, DM it'll be great!
Old 18th June 2020, 01:47   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Ok, that sounds good. Was thinking about the primacy but the quote was really high! Do you have any leads? Dealer who can help me with this, DM it'll be great!
Call all Michelin dealers in your town, go with one who offers the best, you don't get duplicate Michelins do you, Let them fight among themselves for your business

By the way, I did the same & got the best offer from Tyre Empire, HSR Layout.

Suggest you buy & Carry your own tyre neck valve, that's where they try to thug you, charging 200-300 bucks for each valve while it costs less than 100 bucks for a set of 4-5 valves
GSMINC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 13:43   #1656
BHPian

I seem to be facing a small issue in my Vitara Brezza. I have been trying to open the hood to do a periodic inspection but I am not able to pop the hood.
The lever to open the bonnet is extremely tight and gives a small "clicking type" sound on pulling. I have tried pulling it hard also.

This issue has been there from since when I purchased the car. But, the folks at the service centre are able to open it just fine. I had tried to open it hard once before and the entire switch assembly came off in my hand. My service technician put it back for me. This is the only car I have seen this issue in.

Is there any tips or tricks I need to know in order to get past this issue? Or, is it better to leave it for the technicians to handle? Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 20th June 2020, 17:02   #1657
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_davis97 View Post
The lever to open the bonnet is extremely tight and gives a small "clicking type" sound on pulling. I have tried pulling it hard also.
Looks like the cable has some issue, it's gone hard or some other issue. Get it checked at service center, if issue persists, get cable replaced.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 08:58   #1658
BHPian

Hi everyone.
I have a small confusion regarding the bluetooth mic in Brezza. Since all models up till ZDI have bluetooth connectivity, I am assuming they have a bluetooth mic at the light console on the roof ( I may be wrong). Now, I changed the stock ICE unit in my ZDI to one with Android Auto. The installer has attached a mic for this system separately on the A pillar. It looks absolutely out of place inside the cabin.
My question is can we use the inbuilt mic that comes with the stock ICE and get rid of this extra hanging mic in the cabin?
Alternately, can we fix the new mic inside the stock bluetooth mic housing on the roof?
Any pointers are highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 24th August 2020, 10:06   #1659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmay View Post
Hi everyone.
I have a small confusion regarding the bluetooth mic in Brezza. Since all models up till ZDI have bluetooth connectivity, I am assuming they have a bluetooth mic at the light console on the roof ( I may be wrong) .
The variants till ZDi have a normal music system which has the location of mic inside the system itself.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-screenshot_20200824100006__01.jpg
The music system of ZDi, type A.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-screenshot_20200824100020.jpg
The location of mic in type A and B.

But I guess ZDi has similar front cabin lamp setup, so it might be possible to reroute the wire to the cabin lamp position like type B (ZDi+). Check with your installer. There can only be 2 reasons for not doing it, either the length of wire is less and cannot be routed to cabin lamps area or the installer doesn't want to do it.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 10:33   #1660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post

Attachment 2046899
The location of mic in type A and B.[/center]

But I guess ZDi has similar front cabin lamp setup, so it might be possible to reroute the wire to the cabin lamp position like type B (ZDi+). Check with your installer. There can only be 2 reasons for not doing it, either the length of wire is less and cannot be routed to cabin lamps area or the installer doesn't want to do it.
Thanks. You are right about the mic part in ZDI's stock unit. In fact, the new ICE unit also has a mic on the unit itself. ZDI and ZDI+ have the same overhead light console. This means the external mic can be rerouted here, provided there is space for it (I think the external mic is somewhat longer and may not be housed there, not sure of this). as far as the wiring length is concerned, its long enough to go there, as the installer has brought it from behind the ICE unit, through the left side A pillar via the roof liner to the driver side A pillar. I guess he can only do this change. The mic in its current location is an eyesore!
Old 24th August 2020, 11:53   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmay View Post
Hi everyone. Now, I changed the stock ICE unit in my ZDI to one with Android Auto.
Hi Chinmay,
Can you please share a picture and details of the upgraded ICE unit including the cost and brand? I am also contemplating this change and will be very helpful. Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 14:29   #1662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Hi Chinmay,
Can you please share a picture and details of the upgraded ICE unit including the cost and brand? I am also contemplating this change and will be very helpful. Thanks
Sure.
My car did not come with a touch screen unit and I wanted Android Auto. After going through a number of models from different manufacturers I decided to go with Sony. Note that I am not endorsing a particular brand here. However, I have used a Sony unit earlier too, and that one had no issues at all in its 12 years of usage in my earlier car. The model I chose is Sony XAV-3000. It has reverse camera compatibility, radio, bluetooth telephony, USB, and Apple Car Play/Android Auto. Note that it has a single USB port only. If you need more USB ports, you may choose XAV-5000. Camera was installed by my dealer. However, they did not install it near the number plate. It is on the bumper, along with the parking sensors. The external mic is fixed on the A pillar, but I want to move that to the overhead cabin light console. The system is absolutely compatible with the steering mounted controls. The reverse cam view is hooked to the reverse gear. Overall, it works just fine for my intended use. Note that it does not have wireless Android Auto/Apple Car play. I also upgraded my front speakers to components, as the stock sound was horrible. You may ignore this if the stock setup is good. It is a simple install and your installer can help you out with an appropriate fascia for the new ICE unit, so that it sits flush with the dashboard.
Also consider damping the doors to improve sound. It significantly improves the audio experience.
Cost
HU: 16,000
Camera: dont remember (should not be too high). The night clarity is not very clear in my case. Nevertheless, I am used to rear view and side view mirrors and parking sensors for reversing, the rear view display was my wife's idea
Component speakers: 8500 ( Polk DB+ 6502)
You may need a separate harness for the installation. Your installer will guide you. These units will also allow you to upgrade your audio experience with amps and subs, should you feel the need to do so ( I plan to get an amp later).
As for the HU, you can choose from a number of manufacturers. Some even have wireless Android Auto/Car play. This is entirely upto your requirements and budget. I avoided the cheaper Chinese units and Android units as I am not sure about their reliability. You may want to explore them too.
Some drivers may be interested in playing videos on the ICE unit. I feel its a bad idea. I have given a Tablet to my daughter to watch videos at the rear seat (with seat belts on). Strictly no video watching on the HU for me or my wife.
I did not consider Aux/CD/Mirrorlink while upgrading.
Attaching some pics for your use.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20200824_140244.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20200824_140253_burst1.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20200824_140305.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20200824_140321.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20200824_140331.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20200824_140344_burst1.jpg  

Old 28th August 2020, 13:43   #1663
Distinguished - BHPian

Apologies if this is already discussed.

Are the 2020 Brezza's headlamp clusters structurally compatible with the pre-facelift/diesel Brezza? The lighting output seems remarkable from what I have seen. If those 2 units can be sourced at a reasonable price, it might be a really worthy investment for existing Brezza owners. Given Maruti's track record, the mounting assembly for the new units will mostly be identical to the previous generation.
Old 28th August 2020, 13:58   #1664
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Are the 2020 Brezza's headlamp clusters structurally compatible with the pre-facelift/diesel Brezza?
Structurally compatible - yes, electrically may not be as the new headlights have DRL that works as indicator. Diesel models have no DRLs and separate indicators so that wiring needs to be sorted out. A workaround can be, maybe keep the indicators as they are and use the DRLs of new headlights as parking lamp. Another issue could be the price, a single unit headlamp costs around 21K! So we are looking at 42K!
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 07:35   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Structurally compatible - yes, electrically may not be as the new headlights have DRL that works as indicator. Diesel models have no DRLs and separate indicators so that wiring needs to be sorted out. A workaround can be, maybe keep the indicators as they are and use the DRLs of new headlights as parking lamp. Another issue could be the price, a single unit headlamp costs around 21K! So we are looking at 42K!
Indeed! One of the major issues with the Diesel Brezza is the headlight! Even smaller cars like Swift and Ignis have better headlights. The only workaround seems to be upgrading to HIDs or LEDs/fog lights. Even my old Zen Estilo had a better output.
I am confused about the light upgrade. What would be appropriate without messing with the warranty?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks