Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2016, 10:43   #166
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

I think we should respect the word SUV. Please don't call Brezza a SUV as from no where it looks like a SUV neither in looks nor in features or ride quality. Its a simple 5 seater crossover, thats it. I have seen quite a few at Maruti dealership but sorry the madness didn't attract me.

Also it feels like companies are twisting the word "waiting time" by creating artificial crisis to get people around. 5 months waiting period.. Huh.. If you are ready for booking and talk a bit friendly to your SA you might get surprised as well by an early delivery.
ezee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 11:00   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Huh.. If you are ready for booking and talk a bit friendly to your SA you might get surprised as well by an early delivery.
I don't think is true. The waiting period is something that settles down after the initial lot is dispatched and the euphoria boils down.

After all, most of these cars receive a pre-booking even before launch and that runs into 10s of thousands easily.

Over a period of next 6 months of launch, a pattern gets created from sales perspective and accordingly units are manufactured and dispatched to dealerships.

I have tried for getting early delivery of cars at dealership folks who that I have known very closely and failed. You are lucky only if your choice of color is not fast moving and if someone else has cancelled the booking.

Creating a "fake" waiting period doesn't really work today.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 11:37   #168
BANNED

Quote:
I think we should respect the word SUV. Please don't call Brezza a SUV as from no where it looks like a SUV neither in looks nor in features or ride quality.
Same is the case for TUV as well. Other than the "tough SUV" tag, what is there in TUV to call it SUV?

A 1.5L 3-cylinder engine which is inferior to the proper 4-cylinder engine in Brezza!
A 182mm ground clearance which is less than 198mm of Brezza!
Handles bad compared to Brezza!
Features less than Brezza!

Will a tailgate mounted spare wheel make it an SUV? I've seen M800s modified to have the spare wheel on tailgate!

IMO, the terms SUV, MUV etc are relative.

You call a vehicle as "SUV" if it satisfies your SUV needs.
You call it an "MUV" if it satisfies your MUV needs.
You call it a "hatch" if it satisfies your hatch purpose.

Quote:
Also it feels like companies are twisting the word "waiting time" by creating artificial crisis to get people around. 5 months waiting period..
The waiting period may not be there for vehicles like TUV which sells just 2-3K per month. For Brezza, the booking is close to 40K in one month, with production capacity around 8.5K. So, a waiting period of 5 months is no "twisting".

Last edited by romeomidhun : 15th April 2016 at 11:49.
romeomidhun is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 12:38   #169
BHPian

Quote:
I think we should respect the word SUV. Please don't call Brezza a SUV as from no where it looks like a SUV neither in looks nor in features or ride quality.
Its not an SUV but a compact SUV, it is the market trend and marketing tactics, so nothing wrong

Quote:
Also it feels like companies are twisting the word "waiting time" by creating artificial crisis to get people around. 5 months waiting period.
What is the benefit if a company creates artificial waiting period??? Wouldn't the company want to sell as many cars a possible within a short span of time?? Wouldn't the dealer be happy to sell off cars and make money rather than having cars parked in the stock yard???

IMO it is the waiting period of Brezza that has enabled Ecosport to cross 4K dispatches along with price revision, so the company stands to lose if it creates artificial waiting period

Quote:
If you are ready for booking and talk a bit friendly to your SA you might get surprised as well by an early delivery.
I don't think so

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Same is the case for TUV as well. Other than the "tough SUV" tag, what is there in TUV to call it SUV?
Its built on ladder on frame chassis, one SUV characteristics and to be fair to ezee, TUV is much closer to the SUV tag than the Brezza

Quote:
A 1.5L 3-cylinder engine which is inferior to the proper 4-cylinder engine in Brezza!

Quote:
IMO, the terms SUV, MUV etc are relative.

You call a vehicle as "SUV" if it satisfies your SUV needs.
You call it an "MUV" if it satisfies your MUV needs.
You call it a "hatch" if it satisfies your hatch purpose.
. True it all depends on what need the car satisfies and how it appeals to the prospective customer
Karthik Chandra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 12:55   #170
BHPian

Quote:

What warranted the comparison? Please let's stick to the topic at hand, lest risk provoking people who like other brands. May be you meant that other companies are doing that as well, but it is better without taking names to keep our focus intact.
Old 15th April 2016, 13:09   #171
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
What warranted the comparison?
Let me quote below, one of his earlier comments which prompted me for this comparison. If TUV is quoted as a "Tank", "SUV" and "True blue SUV", I am sure I am not wrong here.

Quote:
Firstly i will congrats you chetan for the new Tank. Its awesome feeling driving a SUV which gives you a real pleasure of driving a common mans true blue SUV...

Last edited by romeomidhun : 15th April 2016 at 13:27.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 14:00   #172
Senior - BHPian

TUV 500 has

a) RWD.

b) Body on frame, heavy/robust chassis, so can withstand bad roads for daily use.

c) Good torque spread lower down the rpm range Vs all other so-called baby SUVs where you have to wait for the turbo to kick-in to get some action.

d) Suspension: Proper SUV suspension(double wishbone/multi-link) Vs the 'hatchback' suspension of the baby SUVs.

So i don't really understand what is SUVish about these rest of the jacked up hatches.
ramzsys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 14:01   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
What warranted the comparison? Please let's stick to the topic at hand, lest risk provoking people who like other brands. May be you meant that other companies are doing that as well, but it is better without taking names to keep our focus intact.
Quote:
Let me quote below, one of his earlier comments which prompted me for this comparison. If TUV is quoted as a "Tank", "SUV" and "True blue SUV", I am sure I am not wrong here.
Neither I compared Brezza with TUV nor mentioned in my post a definition of a SUV. I have written what I have felt. But its so disappointing that some of senior TBHP members are so arrogant that they can create words and dig down your personal profile with old posts to create a buzz. Its a public forum and everyone is free to write their opinion that doesn't mean one feel so bad about this.

Let me tell you as a car I too like Brezza and waited around 2 months to have a glimpse at AutoExpo before making decision about buying TUV. It was my personal choice what I expected and what I saw at AutoExpo and I cant force anyone to follow my choice.

Regarding twisting waiting period - I tell you that are words of an internal from Maruti and not me, as he said that number of 40K bookings is twisted. Something similar which happened with EcoSport too when I went to book one for me with firstly quoted a waiting of 3 months and then ready to give in couple of weeks when I said about 100% cash down. So dont feel too bad about this as this happens quite often.

But it really surprised they way I was countered and Moderators if you dont like my earlier post about Brezza you may delete that. It was my fault I commented here.
ezee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 14:33   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

I think we are moving off topic here. For all discussions related to Ecosport/ Brezza/ TUV, we have a separate thread going on. It would be nice if discussion is carried on over there.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...ml#post3952612

We can keep this thread wherein we can discuss about pros and cons of Brezza as seen by all our members here, what they liked in this vehicle, what they did not. Let's not keep it as an argumentative thread, rather a healthy one. Thanks.

On second thoughts, if I have to buy a SUV for proper off roading under 10L, I will prefer a Thar over TUV any day.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 15th April 2016 at 14:57.
BoneCollector is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 15:04   #175

Quote:

Will a tailgate mounted spare wheel make it an SUV? I've seen M800s modified to have the spare wheel on tailgate!
i am a new member of team-bhp, and i revere senior members like romeomidhun.
but sir i want to say that the devil lies in the details.
1. The 1.5 ltr engine might seem inferior compared to the brezza on paper but the vitaras engine is meant for a speeding car and the TUVs meant for capable steady people moving in rough terrain.
Barring the no of cylinders the 1.5 ltr mHawk has a greater displacement and much larger torque at very low almost 1100 rpm which is an absolute must in the rough terrains the TUV will ply on. The vitaras lack of low end grunt makes it difficult in these situations along with a lower 1.2 ltr displacement.
On the other hand the vitarars superior 3 digit performance makes it an incredible speedy vehicle for the highways and emptyish city roads.
Now what does one desire in an SUV viz a viz car is up to the readers judgement.

2. the 182mm IS less compared to 198 mm what with our govt roads with 20cm(3/4th foot ) pot holes
But more significant is the suspension and the TUV is more pliant to glide over rough terrain while the brezza is Firm for good high speed handling and steady ride. The choice is the readers again.

3.The handling again on the construction and chassis, the real SUV ladder on frame chassis gives the TUV durability on impact and Extremely high load bearing capability(wont dream of a brezza collision). while the monococcque on the brezza gives never before experienced car like maneuvering NOT SUV carlike handling.

4. this i completely agree with you sir , Mahindra purposely held back features for the nuvosport.

I hope i could clarify the misunderstanding
SDtorque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 15:28   #176
BANNED

Quote:
But it really surprised they way I was countered and Moderators if you dont like my earlier post about Brezza you may delete that. It was my fault I commented here.
Dear friend, don't get offended because one of your earlier posts was quoted. (Anyway, it's your post only, not others').

What I was saying is, as I mentioned earlier, the terms "SUV" etc are relative to one's own purpose and thoughts. For one, an SUV should climb the Himalayas; but for another, it will be sufficient if it can tackle the potholes in his/her surroundings. So, you have every right to call any car SUV. But so do others too. Moreover, you can't assert that only your definition is correct.

Peace to all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
We can keep this thread wherein we can discuss about pros and cons of Brezza as seen by all our members here, what they liked in this vehicle, what they did not.
Agree. But some comparisons and references will always creep in, when we do that. Won't they?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 15th April 2016 at 15:53.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 15:34   #177
BHPian

Phew! It did get in hot here and there seems to be a lot of haywire discussions here. All of us have opinions and we need to respect that. Coming to the purpose of the thread, I would love to pick a brezza and I see that there are discussions here about s cross and revamped (remapped ECU) Dr.Naren and other pundits any clue about the remapping for brezza? I know it might be too early to have a remapped ECU for this one, but going down the line if we are sure of getting the sources for remapping the ECU and cutting down the turbolag I would happliy plunge in and buy brezza! It's by far the neatest designs off late in the market and just needs to go on caffeine diet (remapped ECU) to make it more exciting!
Old 15th April 2016, 16:30   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post

Any clue about the remapping for brezza?
I'm not an expert but I guess remapping a Brezza should not be a problem considering it runs the same engine as a S-Cross 1.3 ( remapped by Sudeep) and Dr Naren's SX4.
Old 15th April 2016, 18:46   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

My cousin had got delivery of Brezza last week. His dad was driving the car and met with accident today. All occupants are safe and car has taken the impact well. It looks like car lost control on a corner but he is not sure what happened.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img20160415wa0007_1460725934695.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img20160415wa0008.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 18:53   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
My cousin had got delivery of Brezza last week. His dad was driving the car and met with accident today. All occupants are safe and car has taken the impact well. It looks like car lost control on a corner but he is not sure what happened.
Oh, thats sad. Hope everyone is fine and no issues whatsoever. It looks like ZDi /ZDi+.

Lately, I've noticed that most of these new vehicles get into an accident just in initial days of launch. And then they go on to become blockbusters - XUV5OO, Duster, Ecosport, Creta, Baleno and now Brezza.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 15th April 2016 at 19:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks