Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2016, 12:41   #196
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDtorque View Post
What a horrible and unfortunate incident

What I can gather from the pictures is that the car was moving straight and somehow something hit the front left side first, then the car under the inertia fliped over toward forward left and the top right came in contact with the road. Thus the dents on the top right, at this point the windshield might have broken too exactly that location.
The then car completes the full turn to land on all four wheels.. The twist also indicates this and why there wasn't a frontal impact,the object hit behind the bumper front left.

As this entire scenario could take a lot of distance. Some small object like mile stone should be checked some 20 mtrs back around the corner of the road.

Thank God everyone is all right.. Wish you all the best on the insurance claim
Car had not hit anything and lost control. He lost control once wheels were out of road. Person driving behind him confirmed this. But he could not see what happened after car went out of road due to huge pile of dust. What I assume is driver got distracted with something (AC knobs or audio system) and underestimated the speeds which lead to car getting out of road and then he panicked. Car went atleast 100 metres ahead after losing control.
Old 16th April 2016, 13:00   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Car had not hit anything and lost control. He lost control once wheels were out of road. Person driving behind him confirmed this. But he could not see what happened after car went out of road due to huge pile of dust. What I assume is driver got distracted with something (AC knobs or audio system) and underestimated the speeds which lead to car getting out of road and then he panicked. Car went atleast 100 metres ahead after losing control.
A lot of things can happen and is very unfortunate. Thanks for sharing this on this thread, if gave us a clear view as to the build quality of the brezza.
Please do update once the Investigation has been done and whether the car fipped or not( low weight significantly has disadvantages).
And if it did flip, I have huge concerns if the roof would hold in a maruti if it landed on its back.
SDtorque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 13:59   #198
BHPian

Glad to hear all occupants were safe. Couldn't quite make out from the pics if the air bags deployed. I won't Think they would've as the impact seems to be on top of the bonnet and windshield. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, finally had some spare time to drop into a MS showroom to check out the Brezza.

Dealership - Khivraj, Mount Road, Chennai
Dealership Experience- I called in the morning to find out if the TD vehicle was available and the answer was yes but can't be sent for a home visit. So I said I'll check into the showroom in next hour. I entered the showroom and was not really attended by anyone, although there were quite a few associates near the front desk. I started checking out the Brezza on display and 5 mins into it and someone came to ask if I was attended to which I replied no. Immediately they were apologetic and atleast 2 associates came rushing. From there on it was a good interaction.

Vehicle (Vitara Brezza) Experience -

Coming to the vehicle here are my 2 cents (I won't flood this post with too many pics as the official T-BHP review is already out and I'm sure I won't be able to match that level of detail with the minimum time I spent with the car):

Interiors/Exteriors:
  • The exterior looks very proportionate and the design looks very contemporary & simple (in a good way)
  • The exterior panel gaps (as already pointed out in the official review) seem to be inconsistent.
  • The paint quality is ordinary and some of the parts in engine bay seem to have very crude finish and even under the spare wheel area
    Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_9771.jpg
  • The seating for driver and front seat passenger is very comfortable and the driving position is excellent with great view ahead (larger front glass area) and bonnet edge is visible. The adjustable arm rest makes things even more comfortable.
  • The rear seat comfort was a disappointment. Although there was good leg room available, meager under thigh support as well as the extremely uncomfortable headrests (poking into the neck) will probably never allow me to find a comfortable position. MS should have come up with a better headrest orientation/design. The body will be rested against the back rest at approx a 70 deg angle while the head rest is probably at around 80-85 deg angle which makes it very uncomfortable and is always pushing the head forward.
  • There is no trunk release from inside the car and it is a press button open on the hatch. The display car had a dead battery and the trunk couldn't be opened. They had to replace the battery to open the trunk. Further, it seems to take some effort and atleast a couple of attempts to close the trunk and the same was noticed on both display and TD cars. However, the space is quite usable due too its wider mouth and low loading lip makes it a breeze to load the luggage.
  • The interior plastic quality is just OK and felt hard and brittle. The top glove box locking mechanism was already broken on the display car (small piece of plastic broke near the lock) and it won't close.
    Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_9767.jpg
  • Most of the switch gear, steering wheel seems very old and dated.
Drive Experience:
Before I start talking about my drive experience I want to leave a disclaimer that my observations are based on a mere 2 km distance TD within full Chennai city traffic conditions. So no high speeds or off-road/bad patches.
  • There is some vibration felt inside the cabin when the engine is cranked up but it will settle down after that.
  • The NVH levels are acceptable when idling or low rpms, but the engine noise does creep in once the throttle is pressed harder. Don't expect a hyundai'esque refinement levels. But not really a deal breaker.
  • The steering is quite easy to manoeuvre in city traffic, can't say at high speeds though.
  • There is hardly any power at low rpms (below 1800-1900). Having said that one can easily amble around in city traffic at 15-30 km/h in 3rd gear as long as the throttle input is limited to a minimum. But if you need to move on. There is nothing available at those low rpms and the gears need to be worked. Once you get past 2000 rpm there is a decent surge of power which will push it with ease.
    The breaks have decent bite and have sufficient stopping power but there seems to be some front end nose dive.
  • Seemed like a stable car at those low speeds (50 kph tops) I tested it, but I know the stability is more applicable for high speeds.

All in all I was not overwhelmed nor underwhelmed with Brezza but my stance is just neutral. As already indicated in official review, Brezza does't really excel in any department but its a all round package which will tick most boxes and works just fine. With MS badging backing it, Brezza will certainly hit the top 5 on the sales charts.

I sincerely wish MS comes up with a potent Petrol mill to complement Breeze's package and I'll be in for a buy.

Last edited by GTO : 19th April 2016 at 10:30. Reason: Typo Fixed
thatsdileep is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 14:16   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
In the last 13 pages, what I couldn't figure out, was the build quality solidity. How is it? Say for example, do the doors "thud"? Or does it still "sound" like its other siblings (except S Cross) ? I saw one close, on the road: impressive! So is the Baleno, but the build is not quite up to my liking. Hence the question. Please, it is a simple query, not to be interpreted as an anti MSIL rant or whatever.
Nobody can tell you how good or bad the doors are as power your expectations. Please visit nearest showroom and see for yourself. There I will be one Maruti showroom close to your house or office for sure.
Old 16th April 2016, 14:22   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Nobody can tell you how good or bad the doors are as power your expectations. Please visit nearest showroom and see for yourself. There I will be one Maruti showroom close to your house or office for sure.
Yeah, right!

I thought of informed, public opinion, perhaps, being an absolute noob? And not just the doors?

Nopes, no A.S.S too close! How did you feel, the car was built, by the way? Sturdy?

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 16th April 2016 at 14:24.
Old 16th April 2016, 14:27   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Yeah, right!

I thought of informed, public opinion, perhaps? And not just the doors?

Nopes, no ASS too close! How did you feel, the car was built, BTW? Sturdy?
It is nowhere near Ecosport for sure. But it seems better than my 8 years old Swift. So, personally, I think it will rattle far less than what my car does. That's why I said you need to check it out personally to form an opinion. I am okay with the quality but my friend was not.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 14:58   #202
Senior - BHPian

A cake made by a Lady of 'Cake Canvas', Kochi, for George Maijo Industries Pvt Ltd, Chennai who wanted to commemorate the start of their new car dealership with a cake.
In one word Fantastic.
Taken from fb.
See for yourselves.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-111.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-cake.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 16th April 2016 at 15:05.
rajeev k is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 15:23   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

The Vitara Brezza TVC!

volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 15:26   #204
BHPian

One more thing I forgot to mention is the ICE system. The Apple car play works well but the speakers in Brezza are pretty bad. Looks like they are not equipped to take the output from the head unit. Any bass level above 1-2 (range is from -9 to +9) sounded very distorted and muffled. Some rattles at higher volumes. Not impressed with the speaker system at all. Anyone experienced the same?
Old 17th April 2016, 14:17   #205
BHPian

Hi Folks, I know this is OT

I have booked a granite grey ZDi+. I have been promised delivery in 2 weeks, not a fast moving color i guess. I am planning to get it painted white (dual tone looks). what do you guys think?
Ranjimso is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 14:32   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post

I have booked a granite grey ZDi+. I have been promised delivery in 2 weeks, not a fast moving color i guess. I am planning to get it painted white (dual tone looks). what do you guys think?
That's a quick delivery. Also don't paint i would suggest to get white vinyl sheet pasted on required areas from some good shop like 3M or equivalent. That would look nice and cheaper as well.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 16:07   #207
BHPian

Quote:

Wow
Great
Go ahead If colour is not a big issue for you, but check with your family first

BTW, which dealer in bangalore, just curious I guess
Old 17th April 2016, 16:11   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
That's a quick delivery. Also don't paint i would suggest to get white vinyl sheet pasted on required areas from some good shop like 3M or equivalent. That would look nice and cheaper as well.
Thanks for the feedback . Let me check the vinyl wrap pricing at 3M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Wow
Great
Go ahead If colour is not a big issue for you, but check with your family first

BTW, which dealer in bangalore, just curious I guess
I wanted to go with the black and red but waiting time is 3 months and above. The blue and gold is not to my taste.

Pratham motors on queens road is the dealer. I hope they stick to timelines

Last edited by ampere : 17th April 2016 at 22:37. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 17th April 2016, 17:00   #209
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to go with the black and red but waiting time is 3 months and above. The blue and gold is not to my taste.

Pratham motors on queens road is the dealer. I hope they stick to timelines
You'll have pay the booking amount of 21k & keep your fingers crossed
Go ahead and book it, 21k is anyway fully refundable, you've got nothing to loose

Most dealers on Bangalore claim 21 weeks waiting for ldi & vdi & claim 27 weeks for zdi & zdi+

I booked zdi+ dual tone blue & white on 10th March
Till date no info except the standard statement that maruti directly allots cars, dealers have no role in this
Maybe it's true because 24 hours after I booked, maruti sent me sms directly confirming my booking & gave me a booking ID something like this SOBXXXXXXX

Last edited by GSMINC : 17th April 2016 at 17:02.
GSMINC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 17:50   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback . Let me check the vinyl wrap pricing at 3M.
3M wraps are expensive but good quality. It would cost the same price as painting. It would cost around 8k for Brezza.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks