Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 11:00   #346
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Got my car delivered yesterday around 5, the whole delivery process was swift and efficient. Post that pooja, I have hardly a few photos. Posting one from the pooja.
Congratulation to you, I am sure the wait will be worth. Many many happy miles to you.

By the way same pinch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Even I am getting in the similar range of FE. Did you change the oil at 1k as recommended on team bhp?
I wanted to change the oil but the Service Advisor, maintenance Engineer along with the mechanic persuaded me to wait till 2000 Kms at least. Their logic was that let the car run for some more time as per their experience. Mechanic was using a term " Engine ko ramne do " , I don't know what it means but i will wait for 2 months and then change the oil.
Old 29th April 2016, 11:07   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
How is the clutch?

Is it hard (just like all diesels are?)
Having driven the Ritz Diesel for over 90k kms, I can definitely vouch that the cluch is way better than the Ritz, so is the gearbox, not much effort needed to slot it in gear and as somebody already mentioned in this thread, a gentle nudge in the particular direction and the gear slots. Quite easy to drive in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic.
Having said that, the cluch is not as smooth as some of its petrol conterparts and if coming from a petrol vehicle, you would definitely feel the difference.
ashbhat2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 11:14   #348
BHPian

There is one week trip planned for brezza starting this Sunday. Current Odo reading shows around 200kms. After the end of the trip, odo reading is expected to fall between 1100-1400.
As I understand from the thread, first service is just routine checkup. Can i wait till 1400kms for the first service or should I get it done during the trip itself?

Also, I am not planning oil change till 10000kms service as per Maruti guidelines. Is it safe to follow?
Old 29th April 2016, 11:23   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got my car delivered yesterday around 5, the whole delivery process was swift and efficient. Post that pooja, I have hardly a few photos. Posting one from the pooja.

The real world question, how is it to handle, in traffic? Unfortunately got caught in traffic today - Bangalore's dreaded crawling traffic! All I can say is, it's a piece of cake. Thanks to the light clutch and the eager 2nd gear to be always there to save you.

Have got the faux side skid plates installed and that's the only accessory I got yet. I surely am going to have sleepless nights ahead.

Attachment 1501586
Congrats and happy motoring buddy!

Brezza looks good in this shade. Is it ZDI or ZDI +? Brezza has the best driveability out of all cars with 90 hp multijet engine.
Old 29th April 2016, 12:56   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
Having driven the Ritz Diesel for over 90k kms, I can definitely vouch that the cluch is way better than the Ritz, so is the gearbox, not much effort needed to slot it in gear and as somebody already mentioned in this thread, a gentle nudge in the particular direction and the gear slots. Quite easy to drive in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic.
Having said that, the cluch is not as smooth as some of its petrol conterparts and if coming from a petrol vehicle, you would definitely feel the difference.
I have also upgraded from RITZ which was Petrol though.

With due respect to my Ritz i can safely say that Clutch of Brezza is much more softer than RITZ Petrol. Gerarbox is also soft, feels like full of Butter and fits in the slots very comfortably.
mountaineer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 15:42   #351
BHPian

I am confused between Breeza ZDI and Ecosport trend. I am taking this on company lease so i will be stuck with the car for 3 years. Both the cars are more or less costing me the same 26k for breeza and 24k for ecosport Trend.

I was looking at the Breeza for its ability to seat 5 people comfortably and because its a newer model compared to Ecosport which is almost 4yrs old now.
But Ecosport is more powerful and built better with better interiors. But i am told that it can only seat 2 ppl in the back seat and 3rd person will be a tight fit.Is it really so? How much difference is there between the rear seats of the cars?

I currently have a Figo TDCI Titanium. Does ecosport have the same back seat as Figo.

Please suggest. I have to make a decision by today evening.
Old 29th April 2016, 16:04   #352
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagadeesh.b View Post
I am confused between Breeza ZDI and Ecosport trend. I am taking this on company lease so i will be stuck with the car for 3 years. Both the cars are more or less costing me the same 26k for breeza and 24k for ecosport Trend.

I was looking at the Breeza for its ability to seat 5 people comfortably and because its a newer model compared to Ecosport which is almost 4yrs old now.
But Ecosport is more powerful and built better with better interiors. But i am told that it can only seat 2 ppl in the back seat and 3rd person will be a tight fit.Is it really so? How much difference is there between the rear seats of the cars?

I currently have a Figo TDCI Titanium. Does ecosport have the same back seat as Figo.

If you can get the Trend+, then I'd advice you to go for the Ecosport over the Brezza. The Trend misses out on the airbags.
The Ecosport might be older, but if you ask me, it still looks better. The Brezza has a conservative design and only the top end dual tone variants are attention grabbers.
How often do you need to carry 5 people in the car? If it less than 10% of the times, then there is no need to make the backseat width a priority. Otherwise, yes, the Brezza would be better in this sense.
The major plus point for Maruti is its A.S.S. However, I can see that you already own a Figo and if your experience with Ford A.S.S. has been decent, then I think that you should go ahead with the Ecosport. It has much better interiors and has a better engine. Being a Ford, it is better to drive too.

Last edited by AYP : 29th April 2016 at 16:06.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 16:19   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by methecupid View Post
Saw and sat in the LDi today, and can only suggest you to stay away from it. The car looks rather good with the black handles and others, but the agrarian interiors was a major turn off! But I went in the showroom with that mindset anyway. You know what really stunned me on the LDi?
>> Does LDI version have a different interiors as compared to VID and ZDI?

No headrest on the back seat. Whiplash anyone?
>> Agree, maybe we can get them added additionally right?
Old 29th April 2016, 17:02   #354
BHPian

Quote:

My friend has an Ecosport. The rear bench is actually not fit for 3 adults. If 5 adults are to travel in the car frequently, my advice would be to go with the Brezza. However, if that is not the case, I would take the Ecosport anyday. Much better fit and finish, far better interior qualities, solid build and although the Ecosport is 4 years old, I still find it to be more stylish and futuristic as compared to Brezza. The Ecosport engine is now well tested and appreciated.

If seating 5 is not a regular thing for you, go for the Ecosport.
Old 29th April 2016, 18:10   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
Congratulations on the delivery !

As far as handling is concerned, I fell the Brezza is quite easy to handle in traffic... The commanding view is a boon in traffic bumper to bumper traffic I fell.
Thank you! Congratulations on your purchase too. Indeed yesterday's traffic was a nightmare. Added to it a new car made me super cautions, however it did handle all of it with a breeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Congratulation to you, I am sure the wait will be worth. Many many happy miles to you.

By the way same pinch.
Thanks! Yes, it indeed is worth the wait. I was on the waiting list for baleno and had got a call just a few days before the scheduled delivery. It was a battle between the heart and mind, heart took it away and I landed with a brezza! Go as per the recommendation of pundits and the A.S.S. I am yet to make up my mind about the oil changes and other stuff. I wouldn't be too keen to change it earlier either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
There is one week trip planned for brezza starting this Sunday. Current Odo reading shows around 200kms. After the end of the trip, odo reading is expected to fall between 1100-1400.
As I understand from the thread, first service is just routine checkup. Can i wait till 1400kms for the first service or should I get it done during the trip itself?

Also, I am not planning oil change till 10000kms service as per Maruti guidelines. Is it safe to follow?
You can get it serviced, if you have time and it would be nice to have a clean service car for the return leg! Which is good. If, so book an appointment and have them informed in advance that you would need a speedy service, which they will happily do it if informed in advance. If it would be tough to accommodate a service. Then I would advice you to talk your service manager before the trip and have him informed.

As of now I would also go for the oil change as per the MSIL's guidelines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Congrats and happy motoring buddy!

Brezza looks good in this shade. Is it ZDI or ZDI +? Brezza has the best driveability out of all cars with 90 hp multijet engine.
Thank you! This is the zdi variant that I have.

Quote:

I was looking at the Breeza for its ability to seat 5 people comfortably and

Please don't be "stuck" with a car. That's my first advice. Added to it things no paper are different than that in real life. I would have maybe, maybe picked an ecosport. However the claustrophobic interior and the folks back at home not liking it's design made me go for the brezza. Not only that, i loved the design of brezza more than that of ecosport, which ended up being the driving factor. Brezza falls under neutral, where you would want one and you cannot complaint a lot but not really boast about it.

OT : If it were only based on my decisions I would pick a polo GT.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 18:32   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Please don't be "stuck" with a car. That's my first advice. Added to it things no paper are different than that in real life. I would have maybe, maybe picked an ecosport. However the claustrophobic interior and the folks back at home not liking it's design made me go for the brezza. Not only that, i loved the design of brezza more than that of ecosport, which ended up being the driving factor. Brezza falls under neutral, where you would want one and you cannot complaint a lot but not really boast about it.

OT : If it were only based on my decisions I would pick a polo GT.
So you are saying Breeza?
Old 29th April 2016, 19:07   #357
BHPian

Took delivery of my Cerulean Blue Brezza VDI(O) from Rana Motors in Delhi. For now I couldn't be happier, but more of that later, in the meanwhile here's a fun fact (or gossip).

My SA claimed that although the waiting list was 6 months plus for most models, what they're seeing on the ground is that people are getting their Brezza cars in 1-2 months. The SA states that they themselves can't understand it and while it is making everyone very happy, some customers are inconvenienced- having planned for a cash outflow 6 months from the booking date, suddenly they are being asked to start payments in a month!

Not sure if this is an isolated incident or why it's happening, but I though I'd pass it on.
Old 29th April 2016, 19:10   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post

Not sure if this is an isolated incident or why it's happening, but I though I'd pass it on.
Its the same story here too. While the official board says 27 weeks for a ZDi+, the SA's are hopeful to deliver it in 2 months time.

Congratulations on your new car!!

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 19:19   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Took delivery of my Cerulean Blue Brezza VDI(O) from Rana Motors in Delhi. For now I couldn't be happier, but more of that later, in the meanwhile here's a fun fact (or gossip).

My SA claimed that although the waiting list was 6 months plus for most models, what they're seeing on the ground is that people are getting their Brezza cars in 1-2 months. The SA states that they themselves can't understand it and while it is making everyone very happy, some customers are inconvenienced- having planned for a cash outflow 6 months from the booking date, suddenly they are being asked to start payments in a month!

I am being offered a car that someone booked and cancelled. So even though my original choice was VDI(o) red I am settling for a Blue ZDI
jagadeesh.b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 19:21   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Its the same story here too. While the official board says 27 weeks for a ZDi+, the SA's are hopeful to deliver it in 2 months time.

Congratulations on your new car!!

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks!

It looks like this may not be an isolated incident.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks