Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:26   #376
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
They already checked the vehicle. Paying myself would cost about 12k. How much is the no claim bonus amountk
I recently got quote of rs 7500-8000 of my ecosport windscreen replacement (including labour and sealing, bonding agents). it seems ecosport spare parts are cheaper than vitara brezza. windscreen alone costs rs 4500. BTW the crack was minor and I applied scratch proof lamination that we use on mobile, both inside out. period the scratch has stopped spreading.

Last edited by Dr.Abhi : 2nd May 2016 at 13:27. Reason: grammer mistake
Dr.Abhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:30   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Well guys sorry but i have a different opinion and experience.

After 400+ Km on the odo and two weeks of ownership i can tell you VITARA BREZZA is an able car and wants to to be in hills. I am driving in and around Shimla and have been climbing all the roads and could not find any difficulty in any winding uphill roads.I feel it is even more eager and comfortable to climb as compared to my RITZ Petrol.

I have driven over 200K Km in Hills (petrol only) and had been a big critic of Diesel cars without any experience(just like many drivers in the hills). But now with very limited driving experience i can agree with all modesty, this diesel car is no lesser than a petrol.You just need to get adjusted and re-align to the driving dynamics.

While driving, I am not getting over enthusiastic and keeping the car below 2K RPM till my first service but till now i have very positive experiences with the car.

Please pardon me for the following lines but i could not stop myself...

Its not just the MACHINE but it is the MAN behind the wheel who matters.This is more so in the HILLS because Gear,Accelerator, Clutch and Brake combination is very important and the time of engaging one and dis engaging the other is the Art you have to Master.
Hi,

I am considering the Brezza and even though I live in Delhi most of my driving is in Himachal and Uttarakhand. I recently came back from Jalori Pass on NH 305.

How is your Brezza tackling steep climbs on unpaved roads (Jalori Pass would be a good test - I've seen Altos, Nanos, etc climb - but they are petrol).

Appreciate feedback from all who own Brezza and drive in the hills.

Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:13   #378
BHPian

Quote:
They already checked the vehicle. Paying myself would cost about 12k. How much is the no claim bonus amount?
The NCB depends on how many years of earlier NCB you already have with you for the Brezza

My point of view on your scenario is like this;

If you are a new car owner and this is the first Insurance year or you have just 2-3 years of NCB, then I would suggest you to go ahead with the insurance claim as you do not loose much next year when you renew your Insurance

If you have a NCB status for previous 4+ years then I would suggest you pay it on your own, as the renewal cost and cummulative cost of insurance will be much more for the next 4 years till you reach the current benefit of NCB

For the discounts you get on NCB refer this link, maybe individual insurance providers may vary. All the best

http://www.policybazaar.com/motor-in...aim-bonus-ncb/

Last edited by PetroTurbo : 2nd May 2016 at 14:14. Reason: phrasing
Old 2nd May 2016, 14:54   #379
BHPian

Maruti suzuki utility vehicle segment April sales jumped 260% (16,044 from 4,452) over last year.

https://www.rushlane.com/maruti-hyun...-12195648.html

The cars in this segment include Ertiga, S cross, Brezza, Gypsy. Ertiga is averaging around 5500 per month and gypsy 500. So S-cross and Brezza together sold approx. 10,000 vehicles last month.

Brezza sales could have been 8,000 approximately since S-cross is averaging around 2,000 vehicles lately
sri_tesla is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 17:42   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Sad to learn about your loss.

My suggestion will be to get it done yourself. Maybe you can fish for better price but it will be worth not to waste NCB.

NCB is a long term benefit which you will reap for many years. Also if you are already at NCB in your new car the insurance premium next year will be more than what you paid this year.

Eg :- I will dwell upon my case.

I have got insurance for around Rs 17K for Brezza as i transferred my NCB (50%) from my old car (Ritz). Actual insurance without NCB would have been Rs 27 K (approx)

Now if i make a claim in first year i will loose NCB and insurance for next year will be more than 23 K.

SO it is better to get work done on your own and save NCB for future.
Can I transfer the insurance from other car which is a WagonR onto this? And use no claim bonuses?
Old 2nd May 2016, 17:46   #381
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok friends, my car has reached the dealer stockyard today. Will do a PDI tomorrow morning and if all is well, car should be home by evening. Now a quick question, this being a small city, all the accessories are not available here. There is a kit costing ₹ 29990/- at one end of spectrum which has a host of accessories like door visor, sill guard, side cladding and all, and at other end I've option of getting things as required. Seriously speaking, I'm interested in door visor, door guard, body cover and floor mats. The auto IRVM is unavailable here. What should I do? I feel I should pick up things individually or maybe from outside and not go in for a kit. Please suggest. Mine is a ZDi+.
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:04   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can I transfer the insurance from other car which is a WagonR onto this? And use no claim bonuses?
I guess you will get better idea on referring this link
Old 2nd May 2016, 18:20   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Hi,

I am considering the Brezza and even though I live in Delhi most of my driving is in Himachal and Uttarakhand. I recently came back from Jalori Pass on NH 305.

How is your Brezza tackling steep climbs on unpaved roads (Jalori Pass would be a good test - I've seen Altos, Nanos, etc climb - but they are petrol).

Thanks
I have been driving in an around Shimla with mostly paved but steep roads also. Climbed all the inclines with quite ease, in fact it seems more eager than say my Ritz Petrol. Have postponed long and endurance drives till car does 2K Kms as per suggestions from TBHP Gurus.

However if you are doubting this cars ability to climb in the hills you are underestimating the power of this common man's Range Rover (read Brezza or should i say Bretzza).

If there is a road It will Climb certainly (Paved or unpaved) but if there is no road you will have to find a proper SUV with AWD.

Have confidence and go buy this car, will serve you good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Ok friends, my car has reached the dealer stockyard today. Will do a PDI tomorrow morning and if all is well, car should be home by evening. Now a quick question, this being a small city, all the accessories are not available here. There is a kit costing ₹ 29990/- at one end of spectrum which has a host of accessories like door visor, sill guard, side cladding and all, and at other end I've option of getting things as required. Seriously speaking, I'm interested in door visor, door guard, body cover and floor mats. The auto IRVM is unavailable here. What should I do? I feel I should pick up things individually or maybe from outside and not go in for a kit. Please suggest. Mine is a ZDi+.
I have following observations :-
1. Don't go for the kit even though at 30 K it may seem value for money.
2. You should go for Wheel Arc Cladding as it gives a muscular feel to the wheel and will also help keeping car safe from those rashes.
3. May choose to add front Upper Grille chrome depending upon your taste for bling. But it enhances the face of the car.
4.Please don't put seat covers. The bolstering of the stock seats is very good and it is not getting achieved by the seat covers. Also the Fabric is good so you may use these for few months and then can add seat covers.
5. May like to add leather cover for steering if it feels very thin to hold.
6.Mud Flaps and Floor mats are also must as they are not available out side.
7. The above should cost you around Rs 10 K.
8.Door visor, door guard, body cover you can add in your list.
mountaineer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 12:13   #384
BANNED

What about the current booking condition? Any number available? I guess the numbers are not flying as before - after the initial pull and Ecosport price correction. Or, is Maruti trying to stop another threat from a Creta price cut, as the initial announcement of 30k booking caused Ford for a correction in Ecosport prices?

In April, Maruti sold around 16K units in the utility segment. Assume:

5.5K Ertigas,
500 Gypsys,
2.5K SCross

That means around 7.5K units of Brezza sold in April.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 3rd May 2016 at 12:36.
Old 3rd May 2016, 14:40   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dileep View Post
Hi,

Thanks
I have driven the Ecosport recently up the Jalori pass from the Shoja side - needed to climb in 1st gear throughout, on some inclines there was wheel spin due to unpaved surface. If starting from zero speed, invariably a lot of clutch slipping was needed to get the engine above 2000 rpm in first gear - showing low end torque was falling short. In my opinion Ecosport lacked the traction during the climb as it is a front wheel drive, and weight transfers to the rear wheels on a steep incline.

My guess is the experience will be similar with the Brezza, but of course the first driver to go there can comment based on real world experience!
shajoshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:50   #386
BHPian

Any idea if Brezza could be launched with the DDIS320 and "Suzuki All Grip"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
What is the price of windshield? Is it worth to let NCB slip away for only windshield?
My 2011 SX4 windscreen costed me around 6K. Should be somewhere around the 6-8K mark.

Last edited by MercFan : 3rd May 2016 at 16:52.
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:54   #387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Any idea if Brezza could be launched with the DDIS320 and "Suzuki All Grip"?
I dont think Brezza would be launched in 1.6/AWD. Maruti might plonk 1.6 when they get global Vitara.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:49   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Coming soon. Had planned to pick it up today but due to some confusion and other issues, its been delayed. Did a check at stockyard, satisfied with car. Odo reads 9 KMS. Will be picking it up in a couple of days.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20160503_184030.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20160503_183721.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20160503_184751.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20160503_184636.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 3rd May 2016 at 18:58.
BoneCollector is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 20:58   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Coming soon. Had planned to pick it up today but due to some confusion and other issues, its been delayed. Did a check at stockyard, satisfied with car. Odo reads 9 KMS. Will be picking it up in a couple of days.
Congratz.

I noticed even you have got stickers put on the headlights by the dealer. It takes away from the looks. Get it removed if you feel the same. Is that your name by any chance and put on purpose?

Ours is a blue ZDi. I tend to prefer the blue roof over the white after watching your pics. Can't say until I've seen your tone in person though.

Do ask them to check the tire pressures before taking delivery. Mine were too off.

Last edited by anycatd : 3rd May 2016 at 21:17. Reason: addition
Old 3rd May 2016, 23:59   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratz.

I noticed even you have got stickers put on the headlights by the dealer. It takes away from the looks. Get it removed if you feel the same. Is that your name by any chance and put on purpose?
It's name of dealership. Have a look at that Wagonr in pic I am happy that dealers over here don't do this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks