Team-BHP - Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/174917-maruti-vitara-brezza-official-review-29.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anycatd (Post 3968501)
Just lift clutch in neutral for a sec then slot in reverse after pressing clutch.

This works most of the time for my previous generation Swift. Had to put to 1st and then reverse in a couple of occasions though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp_maniac (Post 3969557)
This works most of the time for my previous generation Swift. Had to put to 1st and then reverse in a couple of occasions though.

Yes, I used to do the same with my 2007 Swift that was with me for around 1,50,000 plus kms. The 5 speed gearbox is precise, but a bit on the stiffer side. The petrol model's gearbox is super slick. Let's hope the petrol Brezza will come up with a butter slick box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSMINC (Post 3961491)
get it on the next day 9th, it's an auspicious day, Akshaya Tritiya, even 2nd & 4th May is auspicious

@GSMNIC - I took your words. Took delivery of my Vitara Brezza ZDI+ (Red+Black) today. Pics will follow shortly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnijit (Post 3969660)
@GSMNIC - I took your words. Took delivery of my Vitara Brezza ZDI+ (Red+Black) today. Pics will follow shortly.

Great

I took delivery on 4th &
Just crossed 3000kms in 5 days, including one day idle due to 1st free service

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSMINC

Great

I took delivery on 4th &
Just crossed 3000kms in 5 days, including one day idle due to 1st free service

GSMINC,
Wow! That's some driving! So, you took the car straight to the highway during the run-in period? Can you please let us know the pros and cons of doing a run-in in the highway, as well as some tips that you followed during this period?

Good news for people looking forward to booking the Baleno and Breeza though this might take a while to kick in lol:

"Maruti to ramp up production of Brezza and Baleno"

"According to people in the know, the company is planning to increase the output of the Vitara Brezza by 30%-50% to 1.2 lakh units for the fiscal year that started in April. For the Baleno, the plan is to increase production by 10-15% to about 1.65 lakh"

News Source
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/52205486.cms

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza bookings cross 50,000, waiting period extends to 6 months, while Baleno has an outstanding booking of 55000 units.

Quote:

Brezza's unserviced bookings stand at 50,000 units now, which translates into a waiting period of six months,
http://www.business-standard.com/art...1000932_1.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3971034)
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza bookings cross 50,000, waiting period extends to 6 months, while Baleno has an outstanding booking of 55000 units.

For Brezza, 50K is the un-serviced booking. Considering the already-delivered units, total bookings will be around 70K within 2 months. That's an average of 1000 bookings per day. Don't know how Maruti will cater to this demand.

Thankfully I'm no more in waiting game. I got home my Brezza on 5th May and since have driven only 30 odd kms as its not yet registered and moreover, I'm out of station right now. My drive has only been in city and its very easy and practical to drive. I have not felt any difficulty due to so called turbo lag. Infact, it moves without any throttle input and is easy to manuover in traffic. A 200KMS trip is planned next week. Let's see how it behaves on highway. Other than the width part, I somehow feel it to be easier than Wagon R to drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 3971226)
Thankfully I'm no more in waiting game. I got home my Brezza on 5th May and since have driven only 30 odd kms as its not yet registered and moreover, I'm out of station right now. My drive has only been in city and its very easy and practical to drive. I have not felt any difficulty due to so called turbo lag. Infact, it moves without any throttle input and is easy to manuover in traffic. A 200KMS trip is planned next week. Let's see how it behaves on highway. Other than the width part, I somehow feel it to be easier than Wagon R to drive.

It just flies at high speeds with engine going quite silent at around 100. Characteristics at high speeds are very good.

After driving it for a week now siting in our WagonR feels weird. Everything feels unrefined. Still WagonR will be easy to maneuver. Brezza is still getting used to but I can drive it swiftly even in narrow lanes now.

Got a slightly longish test drive of the Brezza today vs the earlier short one.

Overall the package is good but nothing special. It does a little bit of everything well but not great in any one aspect. There's no one wow factor.

Concentrating on the drive factor:

- Very easy to drive. Found it easier to potter around than my Ecosport. The controls felt lighter to use.
- There is turbo lag but it isn't that bad. Manageable. Ecosport is slightly better at low rpm's.
- Engine has better punch than the Ecosport post 2,000rpm. Pulls freely till redline.
- Maruti have hit a sweet spot in ride/handling. The Brezza is far more compliant than the Ecosport but doesn't lose out too much in the corners when pushed hard. The Ford turns in sharper but at the cost of ride. The Brezza is very pliant over poor roads however you still feel the stiffness and it will thud over the sharper and bigger bumps.
- Steering feel is missing. The Ecosport has a light steering but has some feedback vs the Brezza.
- NVH is very average. The Ecosport has no diesel clatter all through out the rev range whereas you can hear the Brezza clatter from idle. It gets obtrusive as revs climb. The Ecosport also isolates the outside better than the Brezza.
- ORVM's were poor in visibility. More than twice I lost a biker on my left due to the blind spot. The mirrors are not wide and the Ecosport probably has the best ORVM's out there which are not only wide but have 2 levels of convexity with the outer edge being even more convex.

Overall the Brezza does tick a lot of boxes but it's more of a head decision. The Ecosport appeals a little more to the heart.

Despite the supposedly boxy looks the car does have a presence on road. Its amazing how simple design can be timeless. Everytime a Brezza crosses me, I tend to check it out.
Suzuki has not just a winner but a champion on its hands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneCollector (Post 3971226)

Congrats on finally getting the Brezza home. clap:

The turbo lag won't bother you much in city and bumper-to-bumper traffic. However it will make its presence felt if say you are in top gear at 80kmph, and you brake to reach speeds of 40kmph, and decide to pull from there without changing the gear. It takes a bit of time before the turbo spools up. :)

Regards,
Shashi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 3971601)
Congrats on finally getting the Brezza home. clap:

The turbo lag won't bother you much in city and bumper-to-bumper traffic. However it will make its presence felt if say you are in top gear at 80kmph, and you brake to reach speeds of 40kmph, and decide to pull from there without changing the gear. It takes a bit of time before the turbo spools up. :)

Regards,
Shashi

And on slopes with the AC on. Once u drop to a low RPM it's pretty hard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3971555)
Overall the package is good but nothing special. It does a little bit of everything well but not great in any one aspect. There's no one wow factor.

Same is the case for Ecosport as well, imo. For me, the dual tone brezza is a wow, at least. Ecosport looks good, but not wow for me. The quality and handling are better in ecosport, but not wow. The space is good in brezza, better than ecosport. The boot is good in ecosport, larger than brezza.