Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2016, 16:39   #571
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Have had my Brezza (ZDi+) for over a month now. Should be crossing the 5000km mark by next week. Rest assured, its a hoot to drive in the city. Can any of you guys help with me two things

1. To program doors to lock and unlock based on engine switched on or off like you have on other Maruti Cars. Tried using the Owner's Manual but couldn't manage the reach the correct setting.

2. Can the ORVM's be programmed to open/close based on locking/unlocking or putting the ignition on?

Thanks.
Old 1st June 2016, 18:39   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Received this forward on WhatsApp

Attachment 1513035
Wonder what is the thickness of the metal used in the body of Brezza as versus more sturdier cars.

Is this available as part of specifications?
Old 1st June 2016, 19:12   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkiplug View Post
Have had my Brezza (ZDi+) for over a month now. Should be crossing the 5000km mark by next week. Rest assured, its a hoot to drive in the city. Can any of you guys help with me two things

1. To program doors to lock and unlock based on engine switched on or off like you have on other Maruti Cars. Tried using the Owner's Manual but couldn't manage the reach the correct setting.

2. Can the ORVM's be programmed to open/close based on locking/unlocking or putting the ignition on?

Thanks.
Congratulations!
Go to the MID section in your manual and it will walk you through for the door settings. You will be using the stalks (long press takes you to settings and then on there are codes which are confusing so you will need the manual however)

Just curious to know the FE you are getting also the RPM range that you drive in. I'm puzzled with the FE I'm getting! Have always used shell from the same bunk and the driving conditions are same almost everyday.

I get constant 16 in the crazy traffic of bangalore (Tankful method) which is acceptable but this being a diesel and a smaller engine I thought it might go higher towards 18+ and highway runs yield 16KMPL too! I keep the revs anywhere between 1.8-2.5 k. Range where the engine comes to life and is fun to drive!
Old 1st June 2016, 19:42   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
Took delivery of my Brezza ZDI (white) on Sunday morning. Had a poor delivery experience, more about it in the ownership thread coming soon.

I had a hectic schedule at work, and couldn't give it all the love it deserved. Planning to take it to 3M for paint sealant, anti-rust and PPF this Sunday.

I'm unable to figure out how to make calls using the call buttons on steering, but to be fair I haven't spent enough time trying to figure it out. I've got the phonebook synced already. When I press the call button on steering, it takes me to bluetooth setup, and not to the phonebook. Anybody here can share how to use it? Also, does anybody have link to soft copy of the user manual? MS website hasn't been updated with the brezza's manual yet.
You have to use the knobs on the head unit to select a name to dial.
Old 1st June 2016, 19:55   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Congratulations!
Go to the MID section in your manual and it will walk you through for the door settings. You will be using the stalks (long press takes you to settings and then on there are codes which are confusing so you will need the manual however)

Just curious to know the FE you are getting also the RPM range that you drive in. I'm puzzled with the FE I'm getting! Have always used shell from the same bunk and the driving conditions are same almost everyday.

I get constant 16 in the crazy traffic of bangalore (Tankful method) which is acceptable but this being a diesel and a smaller engine I thought it might go higher towards 18+ and highway runs yield 16KMPL too! I keep the revs anywhere between 1.8-2.5 k. Range where the engine comes to life and is fun to drive!
I treid doing that but that didnt work for some odd reason? Is it the right stalk that you have to long press? And for how long is the press?

Tankfull method being used here as well. Havent taken it on a long high way run yet to ascertain mileage at lateral speeds but in the city i'm getting a 16.5 solid driving in mostly non traffic hours and keeping revs between 1.8 to 2.8k

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
You have to use the knobs on the head unit to select a name to dial.
Thats what I tried doing mate
Old 1st June 2016, 21:57   #576
BHPian

Quote:
I treid doing that but that didnt work for some odd reason? Is it the right stalk that you have to long press? And for how long is the press?

Tankfull method being used here as well. Havent taken it on a long high way run yet to ascertain mileage at lateral speeds but in the city i'm getting a 16.5 solid driving in mostly non traffic hours and keeping revs between 1.8 to 2.8k

Thats what I tried doing mate
Do that stalk press thing in other than avg economy display otherwise it just resets the reading. All is given in the manual. Codes need to understood from manual.
Old 1st June 2016, 23:25   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Call button on steering is only for receiving a call and disconnecting it. (Two buttons). For the rest of all calling functionalities you have to use the touch screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
Took delivery of my Brezza ZDI (white) on Sunday morning. Had a poor delivery experience, more about it in the ownership thread coming soon.

I'm unable to figure out how to make calls using the call buttons on steering, but to be fair I haven't spent enough time trying to figure it out. I've got the phonebook synced already. When I press the call button on steering, it takes me to bluetooth setup, and not to the phonebook. Anybody here can share how to use it? Also, does anybody have link to soft copy of the user manual? MS website hasn't been updated with the brezza's manual yet.
Following steps to make voice calls using buttons on the steering wheel.
1. connect phone using Bluetooth
2. Phone will prompt to download phone book to the HU. Just allow.
3. Press the first button on wheel meant for voice command.
4.A voice System will prompt for choices like call navigation etc.
5. Say Call 99123456789 for example
6. Voice will repeat the number and if ok say yes
7. Call will be connected and you can disconnect the call using the third button.

8. If you want to make call using phonebook provided it is downloaded. Say Call and the name you have stored after you invoke voice command.
9. Voice may give you options if there are more than one similar names.
10 just choose the line number from the options using voice command and call will be placed.
11. There are numerous more options like correcting number etc.

I think this may help.
mountaineer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 01:18   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Following steps to make voice calls using buttons on the steering wheel..
His is a ZDi. No voice commands work without head unit. I use the HTC car app for navigation and stuff.

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd June 2016 at 14:21. Reason: Quoting a long post hampers readability for our small screen users.
Old 3rd June 2016, 09:05   #579
BHPian

Maruti regular maintenance shutdown preponed to June 6-11 from the earlier schedule of June 27 - July 2. Could have been done to counter the affect of plant suspension due to the fire accident at the Manesar facilities of one of its top suppliers - Subros Limited, so that by the time maintenance shutdown is complete, Subors could also have started supplying to Maruti.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/maruti-suz...enance-1414812
Old 3rd June 2016, 09:25   #580
BHPian

Quote:

I'm quite surprised with the mileage figures you are getting.

I have driven about 2.5k in the month and a half that I've had the Brezza and have filled three tank fulls. The first time around, it was only city driving with chaotic Bangalore traffic where I got 15.7kmpl.
The next two tankfulls, I made a trip to Mysore each time which would mean 50% city driving and 50% highway driving ( can't really call Mys Bng a highway, but better than stop and go city traffic ). Both times I received beyond 18 mileage. Driving very sedately and not pushing beyond the 2.2k rpm mark.
Old 3rd June 2016, 14:04   #581
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
I'm quite surprised with the mileage figures you are getting.

I have driven about 2.5k in the month and a half that I've had the Brezza and have filled three tank fulls. The first time around, it was only city driving with chaotic Bangalore traffic where I got 15.7kmpl.
The next two tankfulls, I made a trip to Mysore each time which would mean 50% city driving and 50% highway driving ( can't really call Mys Bng a highway, but better than stop and go city traffic ). Both times I received beyond 18 mileage. Driving very sedately and not pushing beyond the 2.2k rpm mark.
Surprised? I'm getting the same mileage as you! The highway drive was with 5 people in the car and the car was pushed a little harder during this run to break in the engine for higher revs! So, it's taken that all of us are looking at city mileage in the range of 16KMPL and highway's 18KMPL. Which is decent and not alarming.
However I am planing to touch base with red rooster to see what all they can offer, for a better performance without the mileage drop! If any of you have ideas/suggestions for the same please do throw some light on this!
Old 3rd June 2016, 14:52   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Surprised? I'm getting the same mileage as you! The highway drive was with 5 people in the car and the car was pushed a little harder during this run to break in the engine for higher revs! So, it's taken that all of us are looking at city mileage in the range of 16KMPL and highway's 18KMPL. Which is decent and not alarming.
I meant to say that I was surprised that you didn't see much difference between city and highway mileage. I see a at least 5-6 kmpl increase in mileage from highway and city runs and the 18kmpl average was both city and highway drive combined on the one full tank. I guess in your case, the car being pushed to around 2.5k rpm's and being full load might have resulted in the same efficiency on the highway as well.

OT - Does anybody know how the MID average fuel economy is calculated ? I'm assuming it calculates the average fuel efficiency since we last reset the average kmpl reading, but Looks like it doesn't work that way. Each time I take it on the highway, it increases to beyond 20 while actually the average from the last time I reset it is definitely not 20kmpl.

Last edited by ashbhat2 : 3rd June 2016 at 15:00.
Old 3rd June 2016, 18:57   #583
BHPian

resulted in the same efficiency on the highway as well.

OT - Does anybody know how the MID average fuel economy is calculated ? I'm assuming it calculates the average fuel efficiency since we last reset the average kmpl reading, but Looks like it doesn't work that way. Each time I take it on the highway, it increases to beyond 20 while actually the average from the last time I reset it is definitely not 20kmpl.[/quote]

I think the MID average fuel economy is calculated for every 100 meters or so.
Old 5th June 2016, 11:10   #584
BHPian

Do other owners feel the pedal are placed slightly higher in brezza? My foot tends to slip on the clutch.
Old 5th June 2016, 11:57   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Do other owners feel the pedal are placed slightly higher in brezza? My foot tends to slip on the clutch.
Slip? Well, I've been wanting to upgrade my pedals, they are boring old and plane. Maybe they slip as they are new and mine were polished I'd cleaned em with the shampoo. I don't face issues with the pedals anymore and the distance between the pedals felt short, but have got used to it.

Most Viewed