Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2016, 00:45   #601

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyapz8055 View Post
Sir, Baleno Zeta has factory fitted ORVM, I had removed that to install ORVM with Camera display. Mounting Bracket from the list was Type 1 and I have seen that Baleno, S-Cross and Ciaz all three have the same mounting bracket and their external appearences(Baleno Delta and Sigma) are same as those in the pics posted by you. As Maruti shares parts across its model, it could be the same type for Vitara Brezza too.

For removing the mirror from windshield please refer Gannu_1 sir's DIY on VW Polo at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-km-up-33.html

Cheers !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Got a reply from the seller. It is Bracket No. 1.

Attachment 1515796

It's been reliable and working flawlessly since installation. No niggles or issues with AliExpress.

Just ensure you don't choose China Post as the shipping method. It is painfully slow.
Thanks for all the inputs guys. Appreciate it.
@Anurag: Could you also please provide me a link to the seller's listing on AliExpress? I can trust him since you've already bought from him.
Old 10th June 2016, 07:13   #602
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner1591 View Post
@Anurag: Could you also please provide me a link to the seller's listing on AliExpress? I can trust him since you've already bought from him.
Here you go,

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/3230753...bilesitedetail

For all other details on installations, other items to be bought for the DIY, go through my thread and link to Gannu_1's thread.

Last edited by a4anurag : 10th June 2016 at 07:16.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 11:53   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go,

For all other details on installations, other items to be bought for the DIY, go through my thread and link to Gannu_1's thread.
Where did you mount the camera?
Old 10th June 2016, 11:56   #604
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post

Where did you mount the camera?
I mounted the dashcam behind the IRVM with a slight offset towards drivers side.
Old 10th June 2016, 15:13   #605
BHPian

Quote:
I mounted the dashcam behind the IRVM with a slight offset towards drivers side.
Oh it's a dash cam. I thought u got a rear view cam input.
Old 10th June 2016, 16:26   #606
BHPian

So I've noticed this strange thing - Over the last 10 days of my ownership, my car stopped in the middle of the road twice - mostly because I'm still not used to the clutch accelerator balance of brezza. When I tried to use the key to switch on the ignition (mine is a ZDI without push start), it doesn't start again. I have to take the key out, put the key back in again and then try - and now it'll power on in the first attempt.

Is this the expected behavior? I'm not so sure. Maybe I need to get this checked this weekend when I get my first service.
Old 10th June 2016, 16:34   #607
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
.......I have to take the key out, put the key back in again and then try - and now it'll power on in the first attempt.....
Did/can you try just turning the key completely to OFF position (without removing it) after a stall, then turn back to IGNITION position and crank the engine? If that works, it's completely normal and just the double crank protection at work.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th June 2016 at 16:36.
Old 10th June 2016, 21:01   #608
BANNED

Anyone from Kerala booked Brezza recently? was told the waiting period is 32 weeks now.(Popular,Chalakudy,Thrissur Dist)
Old 12th June 2016, 08:49   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
Anyone from Kerala booked Brezza recently? was told the waiting period is 32 weeks now.(Popular,Chalakudy,Thrissur Dist)
I've been undecided on booking the Brezza because of the long waiting period. But the dealership habe given unofficial promises that the waiting would be just 4 months, with the expected ramp up in production.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 10:52   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I've been undecided on booking the Brezza because of the long waiting period. But the dealership habe given unofficial promises that the waiting would be just 4 months, with the expected ramp up in production.
In my very limited sample set (3 buyers including myself) in one geographical area (Delhi), every single time the actual delivery period for the Brezza was less than half that originally committed. Ie we were all promised delivery within x weeks, but actual delivery time turned out to be x/2 or less. I did not get my first choice of colour though.

Take that for what it's worth.

And now that I think of it, even the Baleno I had originally booked (and cancelled after 2 weeks of booking for various reasons) was available to me in 3 months as opposed to the 6 months I was told (different showroom, also Delhi)

Last edited by C'estlavie : 12th June 2016 at 10:54.
C'estlavie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 11:31   #611
BHPian

I've been considsering the Brezza LDi(o) as well as the Ecosport Ambiente, and I have to admit, The Brezza does feel more like a big car than the Ecosport. The Ecosport does feel more car-like to drive, which is good if you're looking for SUV-ish looks and car-like handling. Me, I want the SUV looks, and the SUV feel as well. I feel that it keeps me on my toes and more aware of the speeds I'm doing. As weird as it sounds, the Brezza feels like a calmer and more mature vehicle, and is also more practical whichever way you look at it. There's more room, more boot space, better equipment (on the base model) and no doubt the Maruti will be cheaper to run and to maintain in the long run. It will also fetch a better resale price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
In my very limited sample set (3 buyers including myself) in one geographical area (Delhi), every single time the actual delivery period for the Brezza was less than half that originally committed. Ie we were all promised delivery within x weeks, but actual delivery time turned out to be x/2 or less. I did not get my first choice of colour though.
True. The Nexa guys are also saying the same thing. The latest news is that the Swift/Dzire production has been cut back to accomodate the Baleno and the Brezza.

This thread has been most informative, with all of you new buyers giving valuable inputs. However, there are still no ownership reviews of the Brezza yet, and I request the new owners to find some time to start their ownership threads. I know most of you will be too busy actually driving them and having fun, but it would be highly beneficial to prospective buyers.

The price of the LDi(O) here in Trivandrum is about 8.3 lacs OTR. The next variant with ABS/Airbags comes at 9.2 lacs OTR. Is the extra lakh worth it? Amazingly, the ZDi that comes almost fully loaded with all essentials, is only 70k more than the VDi(o). IMO, there isn't enough in the VDi(o) variant to make it worth the extra lakh. Am I right, or is there something I'm missing here? Your thoughts on this are welcome.
Old 12th June 2016, 12:01   #612
BHPian

Quote:
I've been considsering the Brezza LDi(o) as well as the Ecosport Ambiente, and I have to admit, The Brezza does feel more like a big car than the Ecosport. The Ecosport does feel more car-like to drive, which is good if you're looking for SUV-ish looks and car-like handling. Me, I want the SUV looks, and the SUV feel as well. I feel that it keeps me on my toes and more aware of the speeds I'm doing. As weird as it sounds, the Brezza feels like a calmer and more mature vehicle, and is also more practical whichever way you look at it. There's more room, more boot space, better equipment (on the base model) and no doubt the Maruti will be cheaper to run and to maintain in the long run. It will also fetch a better resale price.
Hi. Just a little surprised to read some of the stuff you've written. I was shopping between the highest variants on both vehicles and went for the Ecosport.

I understand you're looking at lower variants but a few things will remain common.

It is in fact the Ecosport that has the larger boot, and if you drive them back to back, it just feels a lot more solid and refined. Even though I'm 6 feet tall, I have the seat set high and it does definitely feel like an SUV. The car like feel is a definite advantage.

You're of course right about Maruti's resale, although I'm not too sure if it'll be cheaper to maintain. You might want to check that as well.
Old 12th June 2016, 13:15   #613

Quote:
Booked on April 5th , tentative delivery is showing as October in the order receipt, even-though I booked it on April 5th, order receipt was generated only on April 22nd. Indus Motors, Calicut messed it up .
Old 12th June 2016, 14:17   #614
BANNED

Quote:
Same here. Promised 4,5 months by different dealers(Popular,Indus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
That will happen anyway unless any serious issue affect MSIL production.
I got my Swift Vdi on 2010 after 4 months(Dealer said 6 months at the time of booking).
R.E Classic 350 on 2014 after 4 months(Dealer said 6-8 months at the time of booking).

But the issue is that they can delay it to the date which they wrote in the form. we cant do anything. even they can extend that also.

Quote:

The price of the LDi(O) here in Trivandrum is about 8.3 lacs OTR. The next variant with ABS/Airbags comes at 9.2 lacs OTR. Is the extra lakh worth it? Amazingly, the ZDi that comes almost fully loaded with all essentials, is only 70k more than the VDi(o). IMO, there isn't enough in the VDi(o) variant to make it worth the extra lakh. Am I right, or is there something I'm missing here? Your thoughts on this are welcome.
I would request you to check the Zdi variant. IMO, thats the total VFM variant.If you can spend some more money do consider Zdi. Ldi,Vdi is just for namesake. even read that most of the bookings of Ldi,Vdi are upgraded to Zdi,Zdi+ after the customer saw these Ldi,Vdi in person.
ysak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 01:02   #615
BHPian

Quote:
I would request you to check the Zdi variant. IMO, thats the total VFM variant.If you can spend some more money do consider Zdi. Ldi,Vdi is just for namesake. even read that most of the bookings of Ldi,Vdi are upgraded to Zdi,Zdi+ after the customer saw these Ldi,Vdi in person.
At the moment, 8 lacs is the maximum I can afford to spend on a car. I know the LDi is barebones, and that the Baleno Delta diesel at the same price, or any other small sedan/premium hatch in the same price range is probably more VFM, but I do want the SUV looks and the higher driving position. The waiting period is actually a blessing in disguise, as it will give me time to think. I'm considering booking both the Baleno and the Brezza now and making a decision after the car is alloted. AFAIK, the booking amount is refundable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks