Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2016, 23:21   #676
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

I got a call from dealer that my car is allotted and will reach showroom by first week of July (White ZDI). But the dealer is insisting that I should make the full payment by this month end.

Is this required?. Can I pay the full amount when the car reaches showroom? or shall i pay in advance with out inspecting car?. Please advice.
Old 22nd June 2016, 23:54   #677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrvSafe View Post
I got a call from dealer that my car is allotted and will reach showroom by first week of July (White ZDI). But the dealer is insisting that I should make the full payment by this month end.

Is this required?. Can I pay the full amount when the car reaches showroom? or shall i pay in advance with out inspecting car?. Please advice.
DrvSafe,
If you have not seen the car allotted to you and do not have Chassis No. , there's no point of making full payment.
Ask your SA to show the car for PDI and note down it's Chassis No.

BTW, Congratulations...!
procrastinator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 00:14   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrvSafe View Post

I wouldn't pay without seeing the car. I've experienced that the dealer treats you better if the payment is due. Once payment is done they will not go full extent to satisfy your demands. Unless you've got friends there don't go for payment before being fully satisfied.
anycatd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 12:24   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Is it the same as the one in ZDi+? Does the elbow hit the armrest while changing gears? I found on some cars you have to compulsorily rest your hand on the armrest while changing gears.

Attaching pics of the new Armrest.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20160622_143603.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20160622_143613.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20160622_143622.jpg  

car_crazy1400 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2016, 16:52   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Attaching pics of the new Armrest.

Is it my eyes or the pics or the leather color of the armrest is not black but rather grey in color. Also I hope the plastic quality and color is same(matching) with the existing plastics. I believe the fitting to be a snug fit just like it would come pre installed in a ZDi+...
Old 23rd June 2016, 17:38   #681
BHPian

Yes, it is grey in color and is a perfect tight fit just as on the zdi+ version.

As you can see, the rest of the interior is also greyish.
Old 24th June 2016, 15:52   #682
BHPian

I have experienced a strange problem, not sure if this is discussed here or elsewhere in TBHP. The left side fog lamp is broken with out any trace of something hit nor it has any dent or scratches. The outer cover of the lamp is perfectly broken with bulb & the remaining part intact. I took it to the showroom last week and to my surprise, they agreed to replace the fog lamp readily. I asked the senior person who attended this case if this is a widespread issue with the fog-lamp to which he told couple of cases have come to his showroom till then and that he do not know about pan-India cases. He took the snaps of the broken fog lamp, odometer & VIN and told they will inform me once the part is available. Upon checking, understood that the right side fog lamp is also cracked.

Today, as it has completed 940 kms and after confirming this part is available, I have given the car for its first free service. Checked again with the guy who came for service about the fog lamp issue, and he confirmed there are other customers also coming with the same issue of the fog lamp and this is getting replaced free of cost.

Did any other fellow TBHPians have this issue yet?
josebi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 17:05   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebi View Post
I have experienced a strange problem, not sure if this is discussed here or elsewhere in TBHP. The left side fog lamp is broken with out any trace of something hit nor it has any dent or scratches. The outer cover of the lamp is perfectly broken with bulb & the remaining part intact.

That is indeed a strange issue, but has happened to others as well. There have been reports of cracked fog lamps in the GenX Nano also. TML also replaced these fog lamps under warranty. More details and pics can be found in the below thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3770668

Pls update once you get your vehicle back.
X_T_A Rose is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 17:33   #684
BHPian

Guys,

I took Vitara Brezza for a test drive and I tested its offroad capability in one the difficult terrains. I really enjoyed the suspension, engine power, handling, dynamics, etc.

I was pushing it to harder and harder terrain and at one point I know the I cannot go beyond a certain point and at that point I decided to turn back and return. However since the road was extremely narrow and I couldn't take a U-turn. This forced me to drive in the reverse gear for quite some distance. While I was going, with some difficulty I tackled some difficult terrains in the forward gear. However while I was coming back in the reverse gear, I got stuck in a place where I can't go reverse, nor front.

Behind me was a big ditch and in-front of both my front tyres, were huge rocks where the Brezza got stuck. We were 4 in the car and tried to get the vehicle over the rock, but I am sure the vehicle didn't have enough torque/power to come over it. There was not much of a grip on the off-road as well with loose sand because of rain. Whenever I tried to get over the rock, the vehicle climbed a bit and then engine went off lacking power/torque. I know you all would say that the accelerator and clutch combination was not proper in my driving, But please trust me, I have driven vehicles in even worse terrains and I am pretty sure that I am not that bad in driving particularly off-roading.

Then after putting some stones for the front tyres, and asking others to get down from the vehicle, I could manage to get over the rock and came back safely. I had the other option of asking 2 people to sit over the bonnet so that the front driving tyres would get more grip, However it was not necessary at that time.

Now, at that time, I really felt that need of a 4WD, However I was happy that I could manage and tackle the issue somehow and got the vehicle over. Now I have 4 questions.

1) Does the vehicle have enough power to tackle difficult terrain? Has anyone else felt the same way that I have felt ?

2) Will there be a 4WD coming in Brezza?.. Is it really good to wait ?

3) I know there is no mention of a 4WD from Maruti till now, However, out of blue moon if they release one after say 6 months (Anyhow I have to wait for more than 6 months since there is a huge waiting period), Will it be possible for me to upgrade my booking later at that time, If I book a normal 2WD Zdi+ variant ?

4) After coming back, I noticed the tyres which were on the brezza were not meant for off-roading. Can anyone suggest me a good tyre for both Highways and Off-roading

5) Though I will not be doing extreme off-roading, I will be doing some amount of off-roading. In the past I have used Thar and Scorpio 4WD for off-roading. Do you guys think that Brezza can be used in comparison with those vehicles, Though I know that it cannot be on par, But at least to en extent ?

Thanks a lot for your suggestions in advance !
Old 24th June 2016, 17:59   #685
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramaero View Post
3) I know there is no mention of a 4WD from Maruti till now, However, out of blue moon if they release one after say 6 months (Anyhow I have to wait for more than 6 months since there is a huge waiting period), Will it be possible for me to upgrade my booking later at that time, If I book a normal 2WD Zdi+ variant ?
No news of an off-road version of Brezza with 4WD yet. But there are news about the international Vitara coming in AllGrip AWD avatar.

To add to that, Suzuki had showcased the 4WD X-Lander in Japan back in 2013, which is built on the ladder-frame chassis of Jimny. It could be a possible modern-looking replacement of Jimny and Gypsy word wide, if Suzuki wants to do that. But you may need to wait and wait, and the wait may go in vain as well...
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-suzukixlanderconcept031.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 24th June 2016 at 18:02.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 19:07   #686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebi View Post
I have experienced a strange problem, not sure if this is discussed here or elsewhere in TBHP. The left side fog lamp is broken with out any trace of something hit nor it has any dent or scratches. The outer cover of the lamp is perfectly broken with bulb & the remaining part intact. I took it to the showroom last week and to my surprise, they agreed to replace the fog lamp readily. I asked the senior person who attended this case if this is a widespread issue with the fog-lamp to which he told couple of cases have come to his showroom till then and that he do not know about pan-India cases. He took the snaps of the broken fog lamp, odometer & VIN and told they will inform me once the part is available. Upon checking, understood that the right side fog lamp is also cracked.

Today, as it has completed 940 kms and after confirming this part is available, I have given the car for its first free service. Checked again with the guy who came for service about the fog lamp issue, and he confirmed there are other customers also coming with the same issue of the fog lamp and this is getting replaced free of cost.

Myself had the same issue

Right side fog lamp cracked & I assumed that some biker would've hit it accidentally
Again after a few days the left fog lamp also cracked
Called Bimal Maruti service advisor
He asked me to whatsapp the images
After 2 days he called me to say that both would be covered under warranty
& they replaced it
The actual problem is that the fog lamp glass inferior quality or should I say they are not thick enough
& it's damn cheap also each costing ₹812
The SA said even swift's fog lamps cost more than doubled that
Cheap = poor quality I guess

I guess replacing won't help until maruti improves the quality
Old 24th June 2016, 21:33   #687
BANNED

Quote:
Guys,

I took Vitara Brezza for a test drive and I tested its offroad capability in one the difficult terrains. I really enjoyed the suspension, engine power, handling, dynamics, etc.
5) Though I will not be doing extreme off-roading, I will be doing some amount of off-roading. In the past I have used Thar and Scorpio 4WD for off-roading. Do you guys think that Brezza can be used in comparison with those vehicles, Though I know that it cannot be on par, But at least to en extent ?

IMHO, i guess you are expecting a lot from Brezza. please do remember that the vehicles you compared are of entirely different type and brezza is just an extension by MSIL to please indian customers. I dont think you can do regular offroading with pleasure and satisfaction on Brezza.
ysak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2016, 00:12   #688
BHPian

Those who have put seat covers,have you got proper fitment done with strings holding it in place? My dealer has just put them on like a not.am person would do. They said fitment would damage the original seats. Is this true? Without fitting done it feels like I'm floating on the seat.
Old 25th June 2016, 14:05   #689
Distinguished - BHPian

Typical Vitara Brezza waiting period

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-capture.jpg
Old 25th June 2016, 14:51   #690
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.....Do you guys think that Brezza can be used in comparison with those vehicles, Though I know that it cannot be on par, But at least to en extent ?

Brezza is ultimately a raised hatchback made to look like an SUV, not drive like one. Its similarities with the other vehicles you mentioned begins and ends with high GC.

Even if there's an AWD version in the future, it would best be useful to tackle occasional tricky terrain, like most other soft-roaders. If you want a vehicle that can take regular offroad (ab)use in its stride, Brezza is not it.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th June 2016 at 15:08.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed