Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2016, 17:34   #931
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

MotorOctane sources report that Maruti-Suzuki will launch the Vitara Brezza petrol variants in April/May 2017.
Old 15th October 2016, 20:58   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharat83 View Post
The financial express article states that we either pre inform our choices to the dealer while booking or we can pick and choose from various permutations & combinations on the official site. I have booked a Brezza, however unable to find the iCreate link on MSIL site. Please assist.
Here is the link: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/vitarabrezza_icreate.aspx
Even I'm seeing this first time. MSIL has revamped the Brezza microsite.

Last edited by MSAneesh : 15th October 2016 at 21:19.
MSAneesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2016, 21:06   #933

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Here is the link: http://www.marutisuzuki.com/vitarabrezza_icreate.aspx
Even I'm seeing this first time. I think MSIL revamped the Brezza microsite.
Am getting resource not found error though
Old 15th October 2016, 21:43   #934
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
MotorOctane sources report that Maruti-Suzuki will launch the Vitara Brezza petrol variants in April/May 2017.
Any pricing guesstimates RavenAvi? If 8L ex-showroom for top-end, it will kill all competition.
Old 16th October 2016, 00:51   #935
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Any pricing guesstimates RavenAvi? If 8L ex-showroom for top-end, it will kill all competition.
Going by present pricing (ex-showroom, Delhi) and the same variant spread, I'd say it might be in the range of Rs 6.09 lakhs for the LXI, to Rs 8.79 lakhs for the fully loaded dual-tone ZXI+.

LXI - 6.09L
LXI(O) - 6.22L
VXI - 6.64L
VXI (O) - 6.77L
ZXI - 7.57L
ZXI+ - 8.56L
ZXI+ DT - 8.79L

Of course, GST would kick in from April 2017 onwards, so it remains to be seen what impact it has on the prices.

Also, I really hope they give the Brezza the 1.0L Boosterjet (assuming it's fully fine-tuned by then). Somehow the 1.4L doesn't sound too inspiring, considering how lacklustre it's performance ratings are in the Ciaz and the Ertiga.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th October 2016 at 00:59.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 02:03   #936
BHPian

Correct me if i am wrong - If Maruti decides to plonk in the 1.4, they would also need to provide SVHS to avail some tax concessions to keep the overall price down.
djkher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2016, 08:24   #937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharat83 View Post
Am getting resource not found error though
Finally got the site to load, it just allows you the option of leaving your contact details. Hope they add a configurator soon. Have contacted my dealer too and they haven't yet received any official word from MSIL on iCreate.
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-screenshot_20161016081232.jpg
Old 16th October 2016, 21:30   #938
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza's icreate TVC,
Old 19th October 2016, 14:46   #939
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza more variants to be launched in April 2017.

1. Petrol - Most likely it will be in the 1.0 boosterjet variant, though rumor of the 1.5L is also being discussed. ( Maruti After Market Source)

The boosterjet is also likely to be in the Ignis, New Swift and S Cross facelift- Thus giving the go ahead on the business case for localization of this engine.

2. The automatic version ( DDiS) of the Vitara Brezza will be an AMT which will debut in the same time frame.

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th October 2016 at 14:58.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 17:42   #940
BHPian

I test drove brezza yesterday and was not happy with it's power (or should i say lack of) especially at the lower gears (1st and 2nd). I also felt the road noise to be too high. When it comes to rear seat comfort, here also i found some issues. The rear bench is too flat, under thigh support is lacking and it was uncomfortable to sit with 3 persons at the rear. One of the main requirement for me is, 3 persons should be able to sit comfortably at the rear.

Currently I am having liva GD (without air bags) which is driven close to 72000kms. Though I am quite happy with my current car, i want to buy a car with air bags, as i keep doing lot of long drives with family. So, i am contemplating replacing my existing liva with new liva! Or, do i have any other options to meet my requirement (budget is around 10l)?
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 18:10   #941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post

Currently I am having liva GD (without air bags) which is driven close to 72000kms. Though I am quite happy with my current car, i want to buy a car with air bags, as i keep doing lot of long drives with family. So, i am contemplating replacing my existing liva with new liva! Or, do i have any other options to meet my requirement (budget is around 10l)?
If you want a bigger boot and a slightly longer wheelbase, you could go for the new Etios instead of the new Liva. But if you don't need the extra boot space, Liva is cheaper and looks sharper especially with those dark alloys and has the same Diesel engine as Etios.

You could also consider Jazz Diesel. It has the 1.5 engine (same as City and BRV) and is spacious with a bigger boot space than Liva. This will bring some novelty to your ownership without loosing out on reliability, power and driveability. But Jazz will be more expensive to maintain, I guess. And, perhaps, more expensive to buy?
jhaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2016, 18:23   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaji View Post
You could also consider Jazz Diesel. It has the 1.5 engine (same as City and BRV) and is spacious with a bigger boot space than Liva. This will bring some novelty to your ownership without loosing out on reliability, power and driveability. But Jazz will be more expensive to maintain, I guess. And, perhaps, more expensive to buy?
Thanks for this suggestion. I do not want to buy a sedan, otherwise Etios would have been my default choice. But, somehow i did not think about Jazz, so i will do test drive of Jazz diesel and then decide.
Old 19th October 2016, 22:13   #943
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Though I am quite happy with my current car, i want to buy a car with air bags, as i keep doing lot of long drives with family. So, i am contemplating replacing my existing liva with new liva! Or, do i have any other options to meet my requirement (budget is around 10l)?
May I suggest you S-Cross. It has airbags, all discs brakes, fabulous engines, big space and exceptional high speed behaviour and handling. Openly acknowledged as 'the best ever Maruti made car'.

With 1.6 you would need to extend budget northward but you will have a superstar for highway drives with unimaginable sprinting abilities due to torque of 320 Nm generally available with much costlier cars.

With 1.3 you would get the national engine in best state of tune ever ! Amazing performer with superb driveability!
Old 19th October 2016, 23:40   #944
BHPian

Just did a crude 15 minute photoshop job on the Brezza for my visualization purpose. I thought of sharing it here. Might be useful for those Brezza owners who are thinking of getting dual tone look for their car. These are not very high resolution pics. I took the screenshots of the car from the official Maruti website so as to get all three colors in exact same proportion, angle and texture. This enabled me to just cut the roof from one car and paste over other without worrying about anything else. Also, given my not so great photoshop skills there was no other way.

[ Background: I booked Brezza ZDI (red) in the month of March after cancelling Baleno Alpha (petrol) (that was almost ready to be delivered) even though I was not fully convinced about buying a diesel given my low usage of personal vehicle. Thrice I’ve postponed the delivery of my Brezza since then as I was away in South Korea for last six months for my fellowship. In the mean time, having stretched the budget from Baleno to Brezza, I started appreciating the S Cross more. And I’m sold over the new facelift. Also the possibility of that boosterjet engine in Brezza/S Cross has just added to the confusion. After having waited for eight odd months I’m not sure if I should wait more. So, if I find my way out of this confusion and get my Brezza (red), I would be going for the white roof A-La-Evoque. Or might do the same with the S Cross. ]

PS: I’m not fully convinced about the idea of having a black car roof. Even though it looks very cool, actually, it is not. As black objects have lesser albedo than whites, they absorb more radiation meaning higher temperatures inside the car leading to more work for AC. Also, since red Brezzas with black roof would be very common.

(This is my first TeamBHP post though I've been a member for more than six months now and have been following TeamBHP regularly for last many years. Hope you guys find it useful.)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-red-combo-1.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-white-combo-2.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-black-combo-1.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-black-combo-2.jpg  

drnilswap is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 10:06   #945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnilswap View Post

Just did a crude 15 minute photoshop job on the Brezza for my visualization purpose. I thought of sharing it here.
Good shot drnilswap at visual enhancement, and what I particularly liked about this attempt is that it not contemporary.

However, I honestly did not like any of the iterations except the second one where you have added the 'Red' strip to the White Brezza. It looks smart and totally different, especially with those optional Rims.

Any which way you look at it, S-cross is a superior product compared to both Brezza & Baleno. Though it has been a long and probably consistent wait, you may as well wait for the Boosterjet S-cross that is surely going to retail around the price of the Brezza ZDi.

This may serve your need for having a Petrol engine and Performance at the same time on a newer product.

Most Viewed