Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2016, 11:34   #961
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

BoneCollector, thanks for sharing! I've merged your thread with the main review.

In case of a serious issue, please create a new thread (for each serious problem).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 13:15   #962
BHPian

Re: Vitara Brezza niggles and their solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
3. Another issue is squeaking of windows especially when they are being closed. This is more prominent in driver's side and little less on passenger side in my car.

I request the owners of Brezza to kindly share their niggles here and also post if they have come across a solution to it.

Quoting a few owners to respond,

I have following to add from my 7K KM and 6 months of ownership.

1. Condensation issue :- i have not noticed regularly but once after car wash i did see some mist inside the headlight which vanished after few hours.

2. Cracking of fog lamps :- I have not faced this issue. All intact till now.

3. squeaking of windows :- Yes this is correct, it is like as if the motor is more powerful than the one required for the widow pane. I mean the speed of window going up has increased ( if i compare with my old RITZ) which may imply(maybe my wishful thinking) that the motor is more powerful but once the glass touches the top it does not fit it softly but gives a squeak as if it is hitting hard. To feel it more prominently you can just pull the switch up with even when the glass is rolled up and can hear the squeak sound.

Apart from this not much niggles till now. I am waiting for the famous rattles we are so used to but till now not much luck. Car seems to be doing good till now. Touch wood.
mountaineer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 16:16   #963
BHPian

Re: Vitara Brezza niggles and their solutions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
1. The most prominent issue being faced by many including me is the building up of condensation inside the headlight unit.
We had flies accumulating in the reverse section of the tail lamp. They cleaned it out through a vent accessed through the inside. Wonder if no such vent is present in the headlamps.
Old 5th November 2016, 00:07   #964
BHPian

Test drove the Brezza today. As an existing owner of a Ciaz ZDi+, I was expecting this to be the next car I purchase. WHAT A LET DOWN!

The lack of basic amenities on this car (air con vent closure, leather any steering wheel or gear knob) and the terrible quality of plastics along with the poor ride and handling was too much for us to stomach. We politely asked to cut our test drive short and drove straight to the Hyundai showroom and booked the Creta.

Maruti sales kept reminding us about the 6 month waiting list. My response was simple - if the herd runs and falls into a well, would you follow?
Old 5th November 2016, 00:35   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post

The lack of basic amenities on this car (air con vent closure, leather any steering wheel or gear knob) and the terrible quality of plastics along with the poor ride and handling was too much for us to stomach. We politely asked to cut our test drive short and drove straight to the Hyundai showroom and booked the Creta.
Congratulations for your (soon to be) new ride. If you want to 'upgrade' from Ciaz, Brezza should definitely not be considered as it costs less than Ciaz.

Btw it provides excellent ride quality, over inflated tyres in TD vehicle might be the case. You can get excellent leather cover for steering and gear knob from market by spending a few thousands bucks. Also, only middle air con vents don't close, you can close air con vents on both the sides (which is not required btw due to super efficient AC)

Also, I am pretty much surprised that you complained about handling of Brezza and ended up booking a Creta. Brezza handles better than Creta IMO. There is no comparison of interiors of both the cars. Creta wins, hands down but again it asks for 150% price of Brezza.

If you're extending your budget upto Creta, I suggest you take a TD of S-Cross (if you're fine with the exterior of the car).

Happy shopping
bhavik.1991 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 03:48   #966
BHPian

Yet to put my Ownership review, however after 2400 kms of driving on city roads and highways, I can claim that the brakes on the Brezza are weak. I have a ZDI and am 100% confident of them being weak. During the initial checkup service, the SA did a test drive and mentioned that it seems a bit spongy. He put up the brakes on the Software and mentioned the results are within specs.

However a lot softer than what I had on my Vista. Need to get used to it during emergency braking.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 10:34   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
If you want to 'upgrade' from Ciaz, Brezza should definitely not be considered as it costs less than Ciaz.
Respectfully, I disagree. While the upper variants of the Creta are 5 lacs more expensive than the Brezza ZDI+, the lower variants are closer in price. Also, the Ciaz isn't much more expensive than the Brezza and is a significantly more luxurious product.

Quote:
Btw it provides excellent ride quality, over inflated tyres in TD vehicle might be the case. You can get excellent leather cover for steering and gear knob from market by spending a few thousands bucks. Also, only middle air con vents don't close, you can close air con vents on both the sides (which is not required btw due to super efficient AC).
The tyres on the TD vehicle weren't overinflated and I don't want to install commonly available non- factory aftermarket add ons or compromise on AC vents when I'm paying 11+ Lacs for the top of the line variant of the vehicle.

Quote:
Also, I am pretty much surprised that you complained about handling of Brezza and ended up booking a Creta. Brezza handles better than Creta IMO.
While the Brezza felt lighter, I don't believe it handled better at all.

Are you a Brezza owner? Because you're coming across as quite a fan of the vehicle. As I've explained below with reasoning, I am not. And its purely because Maruti has provided an inferior vehicle at this price point.
Old 5th November 2016, 12:24   #968
BHPian

Quote:

Are you a Brezza owner? Because you're coming across as quite a fan of the vehicle. As I've explained below with reasoning, I am not. And its purely because Maruti has provided an inferior vehicle at this price point.
Am I a Brezza owner? : Yes
Am I a hardcore fan? : No
I believe it's a great package and definitely VFM. It has got it's fair share of niggles and if you go through the thread, you'll find many of them posted by me.

Having driven the vehicle for more than 7k kms, I was providing my opinions regarding your observations. I respectfully agree that you respectfully disagree with my opinions however it was quite a shock for me that my opinions came across as biased ones (because I am an owner?) hence I would refrain myself from discussing the vehicle w.r.t your opinions/observations in future.

Peace
bhavik.1991 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2016, 20:10   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Test drove the Brezza today. As an existing owner of a Ciaz ZDi+, I was expecting this to be the next car I purchase. WHAT A LET DOWN!

Maruti sales kept reminding us about the 6 month waiting list. My response was simple - if the herd runs and falls into a well, would you follow?
Can you provide details of which variant you booked? My friend who purchased a creta said the lower variants were poorly equipped. He paid around 16 lakhs for topmost manual variant. SX(o) 1.6 diesel is very refined and sounds like a petrol.
Old 5th November 2016, 22:14   #970
BHPian

Quote:

Firstly, let me just start off by saying I'm not here to gloat or diss on the Brezza, but it was the same situation for me as well. I was seriously considering the Brezza, and was sold on it at one point, but the long waiting period gave me time to re-evaluate.

Overall, I feel that the Brezza focuses more on the looks than substance. The powertrain is now just about adequate. The creature comforts, especially on the lower variants, are seriously lacking. I think that the Creta is a much better vehicle if you can afford it, and if you can't, (like me), the Ecosport is a much better choice overall. Of course, nothing comes close to Maruti on service availability and resale value, but then, you win some, you lose some.

Personally, I like the overall looks of the Brezza a bit more than the Ecosport, as it looks more classically SUV-handsome, with the wide stance, squared off wheel arches and larger tyres reminding me of the old behemoths like the 90s Pajero and Prado. But then, it looks dated compared to the original Vitara, and even compared to the much older Ecosport.

Having owned the Ecosport for more than 4 months and 4000 kms now, I think that only bad thing that I've had to deal with with Ford is the service. It has not been pleasant, even with just the one 2500km service under my belt.

Here's why I chose the Ecosport TDCi Titanium over the Brezza ZDi:

1) Driving Experience: The 1.5L diesel mill in the Ecosport makes more power and torque than the Multijet. I feel that it has better response, better low end torque, and more refinement. The extra 250cc does make a difference. The steering feel and response as well as handling is also better. I think that the Brezza had better ride quality though.

2) Equipment: At the same price point, the Ecosport had a much better sounding audio system, and more features, like the Smartkey, adjustable lumbar support, reclining rear seats, leather covered bits, cooled glove box and an alloy spare. With the Brezza, only the ZDi and above were reasonably well specced. And even then, too many of the goodies were restricted to the ZDi+ variant.

3) Discounts: Ford dealers were competing with each other to get the customer, and it was a buyer's market. Not so the case with the Brezza. With such a long waiting period, you took what you were offered. Not even the basic kit was free, and they were insisting on even the insurance being taken from the dealer itself. Even with the Ecosport having got a price cut only a few months before, the dealers were willing to cut deals.

Still, the number one question I am asked regarding my new car is: "Why didn't you buy the Brezza?", which kind of sums up the kind of faith and value that the Maruti Suzuki brand inspires. The second reaction is, "Is that all the space there is?", after the have a look inside.

The Brezza wins in terms of interior space and sheer bling factor. There is more room everywhere, front, back, boot, you name it. With the customization packs now on offer and the funky colors you can get one in, the Brezza is definitely the more youthful looking of the two, especially in the dual tone variants.
vivekgk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 12:10   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Firstly, let me just start off by saying I'm not here to gloat or diss on the Brezza, but it was the same situation for me as well.
=========
With the customization packs now on offer and the funky colors you can get one in, the Brezza is definitely the more youthful looking of the two, especially in the dual tone variants.
A very fair assessment. I am a Brezza ZDi+ owner and a big time Maruti fan in terms of reliability. I did consider other options before buying the Brezza including Creta and Ecosport. However, went with my personal choice which was based on reliability for city and occasional long distance, tested engine with great mileage and service. Of course, looks of Brezza are hard to ignore.

I do however agree that I didn't get any discount and had to wait 3.5 months as against indicated waiting of 6-7 months.

Creta doesn't seem to be a choice as with the price tag of Creta you may as well consider a XUV (W6)!!!

Ecosport is great with the features tightly highlighted but I don't quite like its front profile and poor after sales service.

I would prefer Brezza's front profile with Ecosport's rear profile

Be that as it may, Brezza is a jack of all trades and master of some but indeed a value for money car and therefore, agree with Bhavik1991.

Personal choices do matter though.
jbpanda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 16:32   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Personal choices do matter though.
If anything, you've also highlighted that personal biases matter just as much. The Brezza is inferior option to its own stable mate, the Ciaz, which I also own and offers all the pluses you've mentioned about the Brezza (reliability, great mileage, service etc.) I suppose that's the entire basis for my argument here - I couldn't believe how built to a price Maruti's "SUV" felt to drive and sit in and can't see why anyone would buy a Brezza over a Ciaz other than the willingness to sacrifice quality, luxury and comfort for looks and the image of off road capability (without any actual ability).
Old 6th November 2016, 20:07   #973
BHPian

Quote:
If anything, you've also highlighted that personal biases matter just as much. The Brezza is inferior option to its own stable mate, the Ciaz, which I also own and offers all the pluses you've mentioned about the Brezza (reliability, great mileage, service etc.) I suppose that's the entire basis for my argument here - I couldn't believe how built to a price Maruti's "SUV" felt to drive and sit in and can't see why anyone would buy a Brezza over a Ciaz other than the willingness to sacrifice quality, luxury and comfort for looks and the image of off road capability (without any actual ability).
Thank you. But reiterating that it all depends on personal choices, I didn't buy Brezza for off-roading abilities. I believe it doesn't boast of it as well. No one who is into hardcore off-roading would consider this compact SUV, rather would go with Thar, Gypsy or the like. But reviews available in public domain reveal that with 198 mm GC it is capable of handling difficult terrain where many of the cars would give up.

I personally don't like Sedans. I had other factors also under consideration like - drive ability in city, better and higher seating position, better visibility, decent space, good looks, etc. Hence, settled down with Brezza which may not excel in all fronts (which I believe no car does) but it would not disappoint one on most of the fronts and is a true value for money car.

I know that merely the mass is jumping into the well, there is no reason to follow the herd. But at the same time, the sale figures of Brezza says it all. It is hard to believe that all of them are wrong in their choices. Frankly, the sale figures of Ciaz and the number of them on the roads did not inspire much confidence in me.

I read, Brezza was the best selling car in the last few months and continues to be in the top selling cars until Innova Crysta crossed the figures (which again is a different category).

So let's not complicate the thread meant for Brezza and respect personal choices and enjoy our respective cars and not criticise.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th November 2016 at 07:32. Reason: Only 2 smileys permitted per post.
jbpanda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 20:28   #974

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
Cancelled my booking for LDi optional and booked Duster RXE as family need more bootspace.
What was the process for cancellation and did the dealer charge you for the said process. I had given my old car in exchange of Brezza plus paid booking amount of INR 21000.
Old 6th November 2016, 22:40   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharat83 View Post
What was the process for cancellation and did the dealer charge you for the said process. I had given my old car in exchange of Brezza plus paid booking amount of INR 21000.
As per Maruti Policy and receipt handed over to me at the time of booking in April 2016, the entire amount of Rs 21,000/- was refundable subject to deduction of Rs 200/-. I also remember having read it elsewhere.

You may cancel the booking and request Maruti True Value to pay you the amount that was agreed to be the sale price for your old car, which was to be adjusted against the price of Brezza.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks