Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2016, 23:26   #991
BHPian

Once it starts rolling there's no stopping it. The turbo lag is present but it doesn't last long. With 5 people on board and A/C on, we were able to climb a pretty steep slope in second gear without a strain on the engine.
Completely agree. Haven't tried outstation as yet but I am enjoying every KM that I drive my Brezza.

Current Mileage is around 19 for highways and 17.4 for city "without" using a "light foot". Engine is improving with age. Expecting above 20 mileages on highway after third service.
I am getting average of about 17.5 to 18 in Delhi NCR traffic which mostly involves daily commute from Gurgaon to Delhi on NH8 and some horrible bumper to bumper traffic. After 3rd servicing, I am also expecting it to improve. Surprisingly, the mileage is better than my Ritz VDi on which I get about 16 to 16.5.

Last edited by bblost : 24th November 2016 at 16:46. Reason: Removed the excessive space between para's.
Old 21st November 2016, 14:53   #992
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Also wanted to install the original ZDi+ Armrest if possible. Any info?
Front center armrest is available as a standard accessory. Listed price is 3100. Please check at your dealership.
MSAneesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2016, 21:07   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
oh, that's bad :/
Eco sports 1.5 mill is what not allowing me to finalize on brezza. Rest of the package i like brezza.
Ecosport is already lined up with a major facelift. Buying the current generation would probably make you repent in a years time when you see others driving the new one.
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/ford-ecosp...t-year-1624189

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Completely agree. Haven't tried outstation as yet but I am enjoying every KM that I drive my Brezza.

I am getting average of about 17.5 to 18 in Delhi NCR traffic which mostly involves daily commute from Gurgaon to Delhi on NH8 and some horrible bumper to bumper traffic. After 3rd servicing, I am also expecting it to improve. Surprisingly, the mileage is better than my Ritz VDi on which I get about 16 to 16.5.
Even I'm surprised that it gives almost identical mileage to swift. Got to weight the Brezza and check if it actually weighs as much as as they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Front center armrest is available as a standard accessory. Listed price is 3100. Please check at your dealership.
What about auto folding OVRMs? Is it available too?
Old 22nd November 2016, 22:15   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post

What about auto folding OVRMs? Is it available too?
Not sure, will check. All accessories are listed in iCreate on the brezza microsite.
Old 23rd November 2016, 18:46   #995
BHPian

Model: ZDI+

Pros:

> Looks. I like my taller cars butch. The current "melt" design trend doesn't appeal to me one bit, as far as the SUV / Wannabe SUV category is concerned. The sharp angles and flat bonnet on this car are pretty appealing. The dual colour scheme is brilliant

> Riding height. I had a sedan prior. With the Brezza, I can see the potholes that appear out of nowhere, the car ahead of the one ahead of me etc. This lends to a superior driving experience.

> Linear power delivery. No sudden whooshes after any point in the RPM. Whooshes are amazing on the highways, but suck in city driving.

> The ride quality. The car feels well put together and height it has, still inspires a lot of confidence even through sharp turns (point of reference - the 90 degree turn on Sunset Boulevard, Gurgaon). Bumps translate quite evidently if it's a constant moon surface. One or two are shrugged off.

> The ground clearance. All loaded? Massive speed breaker? No problemo. No scraping of the underbody.

> Braking. Had to slam it at 80 Kph one day. Stable is, as stable can be.

> Adequate power. Hasn't felt underpowered at any point in time. Haven't taken it to the hills yet, but have a feeling that it shouldn't pose any issues (will detail all those post my planned trip during the festive season).

> Bells & Whistles. Keyless entry, push button start, Electric OVRMs, projector headlamps, rear cam, parking sensors, cooled glovebox, climate control, touchscreen infotainment system, pre-loaded maps, sunglass holder, bright interior lights, footwell lights, lots of storage areas, height adjustable seat belts, cruise control, auto headlamps, auto wipers, charger in the boot.

> The quality of the screen.
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_6703.jpg

> The Seats. The front ones at least. Bucket. Right amount of rigidity/support & cushioning.

> Service network & availability. A team came home for the first service and so should it for the second one as well.

> The service standards. Brilliant team that I've dealt with. T.R. Sawhney Motors in Delhi. Highly recommended.

> Headlights. Oh yeah baby. Should be a delight to use in the mountains.

> Brakelights. BRIGHT. I was behind another Brezza on NH8 and had to put distance between me and her cuz the tail lights were too bright for me to be able to tail the car.

Cons:

> Maruti calling it an "SUV". Very wannabe.

> The noise. You can hear the engine, you can hear the road, you can hear the change in the texture of the road, you can hear the ever-honking biker, you can hear ants crawling to the dead body of a moth across the road, two miles ahead of you.

> The interior build quality. Take tupperware (actually tupperware is still better), change its colour to gray, throw in a hideous pattern, and make car parts out of it. Try pushing the middle of the driver side plastic door panel at window level with one finger. They budge easy peasy. I had the plastic covers taken out, and the seat fabric securing nylon came out. Heartbreaking stuff.
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_6708.jpg
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_6713.jpg

> The steering. Hideous piece of junk. I don't like leather, so didn't get the wrap. Now thinking of getting a cheap rexine type. Skinny, slippery, same hard plastic with clunky buttons for calls / voice control.
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_6704.jpg

> The window controls. I use a Mac. Imagine my disappointment.

> The steering. It's off center! Placed to the left instead of dead center. What the? They wanted to make the car broader, so they stretched everything from the sides. Like some photoshop rookie who destroys the dimensional ratio. Thank the powers that be for I am on the thinner side of life. My seat's definitely gonna be more worn out on the left.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6704.jpg
Views:	2540
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	1577996

> Placement of the hand brake, and the change slot (?) under it. You got your arm rest extended. You've got a bottle in the front center holder. Add three seconds for effective hand-brake engagement. Add suicide levels of frustration trying to find the change in the slot.
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_6714.jpg

> The arm rest. Why do you do this Maruti? You have to extend your elbow backward to rest your arm. Completely defeats the purpose. I am 170 cms tall.

> The "we wanted to give you DRLs, but then the car looked really good and then we'd have to put it in NEXA, and then the rest of our dealers would kill us, so we didn't and put up something that exists for no other reason, than it does". They call em "bull horn" design or something. Trust marketing to come up with some BS term for some BS feature.

> No volume control on the air vents. Thanks Maruti, now me and my wife have ANOTHER thing to fight about. "Baby, it's too cold". "Babe, I'm sweating here". "Baby please reduce the AC". "Babe, why don't you reduce the air flow....uh...you can't". *Sweats to death*
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_6709.jpg

> The speakers. Addicted to bass? Humble apologies. Improve your taste and listen to some light jazz.

> The "we wanted to make people feel that the build quality is like that of german cars with heavy doors, so we put the handle in the middle of the door and made the locks obstinate, so they won't close unless you really thwack them". Cheap tricks Maruti Suzuki. Downright cheap. Makes you look sneaky.

> The ORVM controls are not backlit. Good luck fumbling down there (pun not intended).
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_6711.jpg

> The IRVM is not auto dimmed. I tried getting one installed, no luck. Guess Maruti Suzuki has not figured one for this model yet.
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_6706.jpg

> The magical wiper. Put it on auto mode. Run through a minor bump. Wiper swipes windscreen. What? WHY?

> The chrome. Guess people like chrome. I got it covered. That's a personal choice. You like your bling. I don't.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_6698.jpg
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_6699.jpg
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_6702.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_6712.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 30th November 2016 at 07:22. Reason: ZDI+ :)
Himalayan_Ice is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 19:19   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himalyan_ice View Post
Model: VDI+
Congratulations for getting the car so quickly. This would be a welcome change post the Verna fiasco. This car is Jack of almost all trades and master of none. Just report your post and change your variant to ZDi+ from VDi+. Happy breezing. . You can start your ownership thread with all the background. Very few threads of Brezza here.

You should get your steering centering checked, it might be an issue. Do check if you get the issue of condensation inside the headlight assembly.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 23rd November 2016 at 19:21.
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 15:20   #997
BHPian

@Himalayan_Ice. At first congrats on your new car. Well you knew about the cons when you bought the car. No point fretting about it now. Enjoy your car the way it is.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 15:59   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
You should get your steering centering checked, it might be an issue. Do check if you get the issue of condensation inside the headlight assembly.
This is what I am talking about. It's placed off-center!
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20161124-14.34.08.jpg

Will keep an eye out for the condensation bit.
Himalayan_Ice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 12:48   #999
BHPian

@himalayan_ice: Congrats on the new car. Excellent analysis. However, I believe the pros are good enough reasons for a VFM car and each time I step inside, it brings a smile to my face. We can't of course get everything in one car but it's truly worth it. Needless to say, there is always a scope for improvement.

As regards the off-center steering or condensation issue, I have not found the same on my ZDi+ as yet although some of our other friends have also raised this issue.
Old 26th November 2016, 16:55   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post

As regards the off-center steering or condensation issue, I have not found the same on my ZDi+ as yet although some of our other friends have also raised this issue.
Condensation does happen. I've got flies in my tail lamps for a second time now. anybody noticed this? Dead flies in the reversing light assembly.
Old 27th November 2016, 14:12   #1001
Senior - BHPian

I am sure this is said umpteenth number of times, but here it is once again. Yesterday I saw a vehicle similar to celerio in front of my car. It was the brezza LDI! Looks very plain jane. I hope people save up and go for higher variant, the LDI looks too ordinary.
Old 27th November 2016, 15:13   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I am sure this is said umpteenth number of times, but here it is once again. Yesterday I saw a vehicle similar to celerio in front of my car. It was the brezza LDI! Looks very plain jane. I hope people save up and go for higher variant, the LDI looks too ordinary.

Even VDI looks cheap & is poorly equipped as well. But the Big Differentiator, that "Dual Tone Scheme", is alone making people go for ZDI/ZDI+ trims. This has made the Brezza immensely popular in these variants. Good effort by Maruti. Keep it Up.
Old 28th November 2016, 20:58   #1003
Distinguished - BHPian

Just saw this Tweet and I was like

That's a huge number of bookings. Since it's retweeted by Maruti Suzuki, I would say it's actual.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-screenshot_20161128205055.png  

BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 10:00   #1004
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is what I am talking about. It's placed off-center!
Attachment 1578394

Will keep an eye out for the condensation bit.
Have noticed the same in the Ciaz, and few other Marutis as well. Not sure why this is kept this way.
Old 29th November 2016, 12:39   #1005
BHPian

Congratulations Himalayan for your new car. The car looks excellent with blacken chrome plates at the front and rear.

Quote:
> The magical wiper. Put it on auto mode. Run through a minor bump. Wiper swipes windscreen. What? WHY?]
I tried a lot to get it resolved by MASS. Their last response was, they have raised issue to TSM which was around 3 months ago. No update after that. If you find any solution, please update. I keep the wiper in Off mode.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed