Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 10:37   #1036
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Comparing Brezza with cars like Terrano and Creta which are priced about 50% more than Brezza is not fair anyway.

Ecosport and TUV300 are the only fair comparisons. The build quality is quite good when compared in this context.

Pune Prices for (top-1) variant from respective websites today:
Brezza - ZDi - 8.9 Lakh
Terrano - XVD - 14 Lakh
Creta - 1.6L CRDi VGT 6-Speed Manual SX+ 13.8 Lakh
Ecosport - Titanium TDCi - 9.7 Lakh
TUV 300 - T8 - mHawk - 9 Lakh

I have avoided comparing the top variants, since IMHO they contain many fluffy electronic features that don't contribute to build quality at all.

I own a Brezza ZDi for the past 6 months, and have had a problem free and rattle free experience over 5000 km. I am happy with the build quality of the product at this price point.
shajoshi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 19:16   #1037
BHPian

I have been wondering which petrol engine Maruti would consider for Brezza. Will it be a 1L turbo petrol or 1.5L engine?

I have read news about Vitara Brezza likely to get a 1.5L petrol engine (Suzuki M15A) with 99bhp power and 133 Nm torque. Even though the power seems ok its torque seems pretty weak. Will this engine, if equipped, be able to provide enough grunt for a Brezza loaded with 5 people and luggage? Will this engine be good in the hills?

And if it is equipped with 1.0L turbo petrol can we expect decent mileage and power?

http://www.rediff.com/business/repor...n/20161020.htm
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/maruti-suzu...ng-soon-706520
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/maruti-suzu...ly-2017-700814
http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.p...1375&Itemid=10
Old 21st January 2017, 20:10   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
I have been wondering which petrol engine Maruti would consider for Brezza. Will it be a 1L turbo petrol or 1.5L engine?

I have read news about Vitara Brezza likely to get a 1.5L petrol engine (Suzuki M15A) with 99bhp power and 133 Nm torque. Even though the power seems ok its torque seems pretty weak. Will this engine, if equipped, be able to provide enough grunt for a Brezza loaded with 5 people and luggage? Will this engine be good in the hills?

And if it is equipped with 1.0L turbo petrol can we expect decent mileage and power?

http://www.rediff.com/business/repor...n/20161020.htm
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/maruti-suzu...ng-soon-706520
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/maruti-suzu...ly-2017-700814
http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.p...1375&Itemid=10
What is the likely Launch date of the Petrol??
Old 23rd January 2017, 21:05   #1039
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Crosses 2 Lakh Bookings!

Quote:
Till December, Maruti has delivered more than 65,000 Brezza to the customers but the waiting period is keep increasing even after the production has been increased.

Maruti is expected to launch petrol engine option in March and followed by AMT later this year.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 22:32   #1040
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Crosses 2 Lakh Bookings!
That is an average of 20,000 bookings per month! If there were no production constraint, it would have become the best seller in the country beating Alto!

Now, with Ignis in the market, some of the demand may redirect to it, IMO. Someone who wants an "SUV"ish (?) city car, has an option which is smaller than the Brezza.

This is the best time for Suzuki to bring the following, and capitalize on the SUV trend:

i. International 5-seater Vitara at around 8L for Petrol and 9L for Diesel. It can do what SCross was not able to do.
ii. A longer "Grand Vitara" (as seen in some earlier reports) with 7 seats - with a starting price of 9L for Petrol and 10L for Diesel.
iii. A 5-door 5-seater sub-4m modern Gypsy, at around 6L for Petrol and 7L for Diesel.
iv. Brezza Petrol at a starting price of 6L.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 23rd January 2017 at 22:52.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2017, 13:05   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
iii. A 5-door 5-seater sub-4m modern Gypsy, at around 6L for Petrol and 7L for Diesel.
Indianised version of Jimny maybe. With 4WD at an affordable price could gain them decent volumes. Seems like a nice compact offroader from what I've seen.
Old 27th January 2017, 21:35   #1042

Quiet clearly Price is the major contributing factor for such record sales of the Brezza, it is indeed a great achievement for MSIL to break-in to the segment with established players, especially EcoSport. Now the interiors accentuated with i-Create saves the ambiance in the cabin. My personal experience of the Brezza was a huge disappointment but specifically with regards to the Engine/Drive-train on offer. The Avventura is as far as any manufacturer can go with burdening this little otherwise brilliant MJD power-pack. It's performance however in the Brezza is underwhelming with persistent Turbo lag (Till 2000 rpm) & appalling NVH thereafter. IMO more than 50% of the booking with hop over to Petrol variant once launched, be it 1.5L M15A, 1.4L Dualjet or 1.0L Boosterjet.
Old 29th January 2017, 22:39   #1043
Distinguished - BHPian

More on the Vitara Brezza special edition based on VDi variant from Kayani Motors (Bengaluru and Hyderabad.)

- The Vitara Brezza Limited Edition is based on the mid spec VDi variant and comes with a list of accessories making it look like the top end ZDi+ dual paint variant

◾Metallic Black front grille
◾Smoked headlamps
◾Brezza badge on the hood
◾Front skid plate painted in black
◾Machined dual color alloy wheels
◾Roof painted in Metallic black
◾Smoked tail lamps
◾Suzuki badge on rear door
◾Roof spoiler painted in Black
◾Window wisors
◾Black leather seats
◾Custom interior panels on dashboard and doors
◾Touch screen infotainment system

The on-road cost of Vitara Brezza Limited Edition is Rs. 9,80,338+ 2,4,0000 will be an additional cost for the accessories in Bengaluru.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-1.jpg
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-2.jpg
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-3.jpg
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-5.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 29th January 2017 at 22:41.
volkman10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2017, 10:17   #1044
BHPian

It has been more than 10 months since the launch and I am still not able to get auto dimming IRVM from the dealership which has been listed as an accessory on official website since the announcement of the car.

I have contacted all the dealers in Ahmedabad. One dealer mentioned that they have the same for S-cross but not for Brezza.

Has anyone be able to get hold of auto dimming IRVM from Maruti Suzuki?
Old 5th February 2017, 23:56   #1045
Distinguished - BHPian

Even Overdrive's media car was affected by the HL fogging issue.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-capture.jpg

Link-

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 08:33   #1046
BHPian

I have been owning brezza vdi(o) for the last 6 months. There are certain issues which are yet to be resolved by maruti.
1. Headlight beam flickering
2. Headlight fogging
3. MID (average fuel consumption) resetting automatically after every magical 415 kms
4. Struggling to open Fuel lid at one go

The rest of the rattles are standard. I need to get them done.

I have written to Maruti, however the least proactove measures have been taken at their end.

If anybody facing similar problem and how have these been solved.
Old 7th February 2017, 00:57   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post

Regards,
Shashi
I'm facing the same issue

& the most frustrating part is my own cousin who's works manager in Bimal Maruti Bangalore vehemently argues that it's normal, nothing to be worried about & claims that headlight fogging & condensation is normal even in upmarket luxury brands like the German Big 3

Experts, your take on this....?
Old 7th February 2017, 10:28   #1048
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post

& the most frustrating part is my own cousin who's works manager in Bimal Maruti Bangalore vehemently argues that it's normal, nothing to be worried about & claims that headlight fogging & condensation is normal even in upmarket luxury brands like the German Big 3
That is a load of bull. Ask that manager to take a walk.

This is just to avoid warranty claims. Don't let them till a replacement is given.
Old 7th February 2017, 12:36   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Attached is the feedback form I mentioned in my previous post. I hope MSIL start sending a feedback form for MASS experiences as well. A lot has been left desired so far in the area. I couldn't resist and made a quick mention of MASS dissatisfaction in QA feedback form. Overall, the feedback form reflects my ownership experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by delix View Post
Headlight fogging

I have written to Maruti, however the least proactove measures have been taken at their end.

If anybody facing similar problem and how have these been solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post

Experts, your take on this....?
If MASS says it is normal to have fog/condensation inside headlight, please show them the 2nd attachment in my post quoted here. (1st quote)

It is a comprehensive feedback form sent to me by Maruti Suzuki headquarters. If you look at the top right corner of the attachment there is a field Fog/condensation (X52) under 'Exterior Light Problem'. If Fog/condensation is normal, it must have NOT been mentioned in feedback form by Maruti Suzuki under 'Exterior Light Problem'

EDIT: Removed removed non-relevant content from quotes.

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 7th February 2017 at 12:39.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 00:33   #1050
BHPian

Quick Question: My friend recently bought a Brezza ZDi+. In the boot there are two compartments. The left one has a balloon like structure which made of soft rubber. Can anyone tell me what it is for?

A friend says that if the fuel is very low, it can be pressed a couple of times which forces fuel into the engine and the car can be driven for a couple of kilometers. Is that true?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks