Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2017, 15:20   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
But i am more interested to understand the thought process of the consumer who decides to go for the Brezza (inspite of such huge waiting periods).
Lemme try and answer you as I myself am in the lookout for an upgrade to premium hatch/pseudo-SUV(for lack of a better word) segment. I actually asked a few owners of Brezza in my circle and this is what I noticed:

1. Most of them were upgrading from B segment(Wagon R, Estilo, i10 etc) and needed a little more spacious car as family was growing. But the compact sedans didn't make the cut for them as they dont look proportional at all and I agree with them here . No offence meant to owners as its to each his own.

2. Most of them don't want to go for sedans(I mean proper sedans like city, vento etc) due to parking constraints, lower ground clearance(this is a HUGE factor mind you in Bangalore like city full of potholes) etc.

3. Higher ground clearance as their smaller hatches did take some considerable beating lately with the pothole sizes ever-increasing.

4. Families are growing with kids so rear seating 3 is pretty important.

5. The ones from Maruti background didnt want to risk any other brand, non-marutis wanted a peace-of-mind ownership after bad experiences with their previous OEM A.S.S.

6. Resale as its a Maruti and a successful product. This drifted them away from Ecosport although some of them loved it but were scared about resale

Brezza is proportionate with high ground clearance, proven engine, decent space inside. Its like what the official review says does most things right without any particular USP(Maybe brand name?). Its the 'CRETA' of sub 4m-CSUV segment.

Last edited by SoumenD : 15th March 2017 at 15:26.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 18:20   #1082
BHPian

I own a 9 month old Brezza Zdi+ dual tone variant,

On a long drive back to Bangalore from Mangalore last week, I got a Engine overheat warning light flashing on my instrument console, The temperature marking was also indicating hot.
Stopped, opened the bonnet to find the coolant reservoir tank empty,
It was around 10pm somewhere near Kunigal, about 60-80kms away from Bangalore.
Raining heavily & most petrol pumps were either shut or had no coolant stock,
So filled up with distilled water (It took in 3 litres) & drove home slowly.

Next day took the car to Bimal Maruti,
After dismantling the front bumper, they found a small hole in the top corner of the radiator
Replaced under warranty, supposed to be manufacturing defect, though they took photos to ensure that it was not due to an accident.
Part cost Rs.4850, labour & part free of cost, But had to pay for 3 litres of coolant (Rs.285/litre MGP coolant)

Anyone out there who faced a similar problem

BTW, while re-fitting the bumper, noticed that the inner wheel well, the plastic one was torn in a corner,
then remembered that the fog lamps were replaced under warranty twice in the last 6 months,
The mechanic did'nt remove the bumper, but removed the corner screwnear the front wheels, bent the wheel well to reach & fix the fog lamps.
little bit of bending the wheel well & it gives away.
Poor quality from Maruti, I would say

Last edited by GSMINC : 15th March 2017 at 18:25. Reason: added 2 more sentences
GSMINC is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th March 2017, 19:44   #1083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post

Next day took the car to Bimal Maruti,
After dismantling the front bumper, they found a small hole in the top corner of the radiator
Replaced under warranty, supposed to be manufacturing defect, though they took photos to ensure that it was not due to an accident.
Part cost Rs.4850, labour & part free of cost, But had to pay for 3 litres of coolant (Rs.285/litre MGP coolant)

Anyone out there who faced a similar problem

BTW, while re-fitting the bumper, noticed that the inner wheel well, the plastic one was torn in a corner,
then remembered that the fog lamps were replaced under warranty twice in the last 6 months,
The mechanic did'nt remove the bumper, but removed the corner screwnear the front wheels, bent the wheel well to reach & fix the fog lamps.
You are lucky that you spotted the warning. This should be a lesson for everyone driving, to always keep an eye on the instruments while driving & check the fluids before journey.

I wonder what could have happened if you would have continued driving. Complete engine seizure - most probably!
Who would have footed that bill? Not sure if Maruti would have covered it under warranty.
Old 15th March 2017, 20:16   #1084
BHPian

Quote:

Why were the fog lamps replaced?
Old 16th March 2017, 01:04   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Why were the fog lamps replaced?
In the initial batches of brezza, fog lamp lens used to Crack, yeah, just like that
It was a common complaint from the first batch customers including me & maruti replaced it without a murmur, not even photos taken, service advisors could take a call on replacement themselves.

Mine got replaced within 2 months of car purchase
Again it cracked after another month, again replaced

Again it got cracked, they made me wait for a replacement from a different vendor/supplier, the 3rd replacement is working fine

The basic problem is quality
Swift has similar looking fog lamps costing above Rs.2000 each, whereas brezza fog lamps cost just Rs.850 each
A fine example That if you throw peanuts you'll only get monkeys

Another problem from day one is headlight condensation, & maruti dealers claim that it'd normal in projector setup headlight & maruti has specifically warned dealers that any replacement wouldn't be reimbursed by maruti & the dealers would have to bear the cost themselves

Last edited by GSMINC : 16th March 2017 at 01:09. Reason: Adding another point
GSMINC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 18:52   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Recently noticed an issue with Bluetooth in my Brezza. I had transferred contacts from my phone to car phonebook. But, the phonebook is emptied every time the car audio system is switched off. Once it is switched back on and I press the off-hook call button, it says "No Entry" in the phonebook. anyone else facing this?
Figured this out. There is a setting "Auto Trans", it was set as off. Changed it to On and the phonebook appears every time the phone is connected. The PBAP profile downloads the phonebook on each connection.
Old 16th March 2017, 19:12   #1087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In the initial batches of brezza, fog lamp lens used to Crack, yeah, just like that
It was a common complaint from the first batch customers including me & maruti replaced it without a murmur, not even photos taken, service advisors could take a call on replacement themselves.

Again it got cracked, they made me wait for a replacement from a different vendor/supplier, the 3rd replacement is working fine

The basic problem is quality
Swift has similar looking fog lamps costing above Rs.2000 each, whereas brezza fog lamps cost just Rs.850 each
A fine example That if you throw peanuts you'll only get monkeys

Another problem from day one is headlight condensation, & maruti dealers claim that it'd normal in projector setup headlight & maruti has specifically warned dealers that any replacement wouldn't be reimbursed by maruti & the dealers would have to bear the cost themselves
I'll be grateful if you can let us know the vendors of the first two fogs, and the current HL on your car.

This HL condensation issue is way too common in Brezza.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 22:42   #1088
BHPian

Quote:

I suppose this issue is not limited to brezza. Last month I noticed crack in fog lamp of my ciaz, havent haven't done anything regarding it yet.
It would be helpful if you guide me on how to approach them for replacement.
CA Dhruv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2017, 13:38   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
I suppose this issue is not limited to brezza. Last month I noticed crack in fog lamp of my ciaz, havent haven't done anything regarding it yet.
It would be helpful if you guide me on how to approach them for replacement.
Fog Lamps cracking is a common problem,
Just take it to the dealer from whom you bought the car & he'll replace FOC.

Just ensure that the fog lamps are from the latest batch.
The service advisor should know the batch details.
Replacing from an old lot is useless as it'll crack again.

Hope this helps & keep us updated on the same please as it'll help others facing a similar problem.

Most of them assume that a small stone would have hit the fag lamps causing it to crack & don't bother checking with Maruthi dealers for the same
GSMINC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 09:53   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Fog Lamps cracking is a common problem,
Just take it to the dealer from whom you bought the car & he'll replace FOC.

Hope this helps & keep us updated on the same please as it'll help others facing a similar problem.
Taking it to dealer from where i bought it seems to be out of question, as car was bought in May 2016. So there's no way he would agree to replace it free of cost.
I am thinking of writing a mail to Maruti regarding the same.
Old 22nd March 2017, 00:28   #1091
BHPian

B pedal has started to squeak again, got the break switch replaced 6 months back due to the same reason (free of cost).

Looks like a case of poor quality. A few members have also reported the same issue.
Old 22nd March 2017, 01:07   #1092
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Taking it to dealer from where i bought it seems to be out of question, as car was bought in May 2016. So there's no way he would agree to replace it free of cost.
I am thinking of writing a mail to Maruti regarding the same.
As long as it has not broken due to external force, warranty will cover it. So, if you are within the warranty period, they HAVE to replace it - free of cost.
Old 22nd March 2017, 09:45   #1093
Senior - BHPian

Any information about when they plan to launch the petrol && AT variants ?
Old 22nd March 2017, 10:12   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
But i am more interested to understand the thought process of the consumer who decides to go for the Brezza (inspite of such huge waiting periods)
I was in the same dilemma for last few months as well, I'll share what went through my mind when I finally let go Brezza top end & chose SCro

For
- Maruti ASC, unbeatable in India
- Superb package offering almost everything that one can ask right from 16 inch, touch screen, cruise control, HID, leather upholstery, good VFM
- Priced very attractively & offers almost everything that Ecosport except for additional 4 airbags
- More than adequate GC
- National engine that will be around for next 2 decades atleast
- Good ingress & suited well for elders
- Good looking compact SUV

Against
- Poor built quality
- Felt like Tata Sumo
- Huge waiting period
- Too many Brezza on road & lacks uniqueness
- Looks like a slightly bigger Swift

Finally I concluded that, for someone who owned a car before & has money or looks for upgrading, Brezza is a good VFM product offering an illusion that they now own a stylish, big car. But in reality, it may or may not be sensible, but definitely is a good VFM product in compact SUV segment.
Old 22nd March 2017, 11:47   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I was in the same dilemma for last few months as well, I'll share what went through my mind when I finally let go Brezza top end & chose SCro

For
leather upholstery
A typo or has started offering leather upholstery lately? I got fabric one in my zdi+.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks