Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2017, 20:37   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

To all Brezza owners, does Brezza also have the reported issue of gearbox synchronizer rings? This is common with ertiga and swift. They share the same DDIs engine. Please let me know to make my mind to go for this suv or not . Planning to go for TD over coming weekend and surely the dealer guy will convince me that the problem does not exist with Brezza.
Old 24th May 2017, 09:37   #1142
BHPian

No activity on this thread for a fortnight now - looks like all Brezza owners are enjoying driving the car in summer holidays.

My Brezza ZDi is giving a steady 21 kmpl in Pune traffic and it remains the same for NH4 runs to Satara, Kolhapur. Absolutely no problems with the car except a few minor dents from the rigors of dense city traffic.

I recently replaced the stock steel rim stepney with an OEM Alloy wheel, so that 5 wheel tyre rotation is possible in the 3rd service due next month.

Overall the car has met or exceeded my expectations after 10 months of ownership on all the criteria that led me to select the Vitara Brezza.
shajoshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2017, 11:06   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
To all Brezza owners, does Brezza also have the reported issue of gearbox synchronizer rings? This is common with ertiga and swift. They share the same DDIs engine. Please let me know to make my mind to go for this suv or not . Planning to go for TD over coming weekend and surely the dealer guy will convince me that the problem does not exist with Brezza.
I am waiting to take delivery of my ZDI+, and during my research could not find any issues reported related to synchronizer rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi
I recently replaced the stock steel rim stepney with an OEM Alloy wheel, so that 5 wheel tyre rotation is possible in the 3rd service due next month.
Can you please share the cost of the alloy wheel?

Last edited by Repsol : 24th May 2017 at 11:08.
Old 24th May 2017, 11:11   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Can you please share the cost of the alloy wheel?
Rs 6990 OEM wheel ZDi from the dealer at Pune.
Old 24th May 2017, 12:35   #1145
BHPian

First (not so) major issue faced :

The driver door refused to get open after I unlocked the car on Sunday morning. I entered into the car from the front passenger door & tried to open the door from the inside, no luck!!
I had to visit a shop & get some hardware. Unfortunately, the battery of my Jetta gave up when I needed her the most (related details to be posted in Jetta thread) so I went ahead with Brezza, got in & out via the passenger seat couple of times (extremely frustrating for a 6'1", 200 lbs guy).

I got the stuff & went to MASS straight away (7 days a week, extended hours: 7am to 9pm, kudos to Maruti). SA prepared a job card because all the mechanics would be unavailable for the next hour due to lunch break. I handed him over the car & 10 mins later when I was about to reach home, I got a call from him that the lock is working fine!!!! He said he did nothing & was clueless about the reason of the issue.

I didn't ask them to investigate further due to the fear of more rattles from door.

Has anyone experienced similar issue?
Old 24th May 2017, 22:44   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
Rs 6990 OEM wheel ZDi from the dealer at Pune.

Did you get any exchange value for the steel rim?

21 kmpl around 3rd servicing is great figure. No other car in the segment can possibly match it. I am getting around 18-19 kmpl in Delhi NCR traffic with AC on always and my car is also due for 3rd servicing this weekend.
Old 24th May 2017, 23:32   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Has anyone experienced similar issue?

Haven't faced any such issue but sounds quite strange. You may consider writing to Maruti. One issue which I have found to be common is that the front passenger side door has to be shut with a bang as compared to the other doors.
jbpanda is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 10:09   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Did you get any exchange value for the steel rim?
No. I am trying to sell it on OLX.in
Old 28th May 2017, 21:18   #1149
BHPian

Got my Brezza ZDi+ 3rd servicing done (10,000 kms) today at Rana Motors, Gurgaon. Changed Oil Filter, AC cabin filter, Engine Oil (used synthetic oil) wheel balancing and alignment, general check up and wash. The total bill was ₹ 5547.00. It has been 10 months and I haven't faced any issues whatsoever and the ownership and driving experience has been quite pleasurable. In this 10 months I could convince my father and uncle as well to go for a Brezza in place of Swift VDi and Ritz VXi, respectively. My father had an observation that pick up of his 1st generation Swift even after 1,30,000 kms on the odo was unmatched but the Brezza is a highway cruiser because once it crosses the 3 digits, it can comfortably sail at that speed for the whole day, like a Ashok Leyland Bus/ Truck.
Old 30th May 2017, 18:10   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
Got my Brezza ZDi+ 3rd servicing done (10,000 kms) today at Rana Motors, Gurgaon. Changed Oil Filter, AC cabin filter, Engine Oil (used synthetic oil) wheel balancing and alignment, general check up and wash. The total bill was ₹ 5547.00. It has been 10 months and I haven't faced any issues whatsoever and the ownership and driving experience has been quite pleasurable. In this 10 months I could convince my father and uncle as well to go for a Brezza in place of Swift VDi and Ritz VXi, respectively. My father had an observation that pick up of his 1st generation Swift even after 1,30,000 kms on the odo was unmatched but the Brezza is a highway cruiser because once it crosses the 3 digits, it can comfortably sail at that speed for the whole day, like a Ashok Leyland Bus/ Truck.
This definitely looks cheap. 3rd service costed me approx 5k without alignment/balancing & non synthetic oil. Can you please share copy of your invoice after blurring the personal information?
Old 31st May 2017, 10:46   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
This definitely looks cheap. 3rd service costed me approx 5k without alignment/balancing & non synthetic oil. Can you please share copy of your invoice after blurring the personal information?
Please find attached the invoice for your reference. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-bill.jpg  

Old 31st May 2017, 11:19   #1152
BHPian

Quote:
Please find attached the invoice for your reference. Thanks.
Thank you very much for sharing. Unfortunately, I am not able to pick the amounts of each part due to a little blurry image. Can you please PM me whenever you get some spare time?

Also, I think you should remove the image from the answer as it contains your contact details & tbhp can be read by non-members also.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 13:53   #1153
BHPian

My Brezza ZDi completed 9000 km in 10 months when I went for the 3rd service at Sumankirti Cars Pune workshop . Oil and Filter changed (MGDO Castrol 5w/30), 5 wheel tyre rotation and alignment, air filter and cabin filter cleaned. Servicing and washing was done quite nicely .

Total cost was Rs. 2800. Car is feeling like new now , engine noise has noticeably reduced after the oil change. I am not very comfortable with the Maruti recommendation of changing oil every 10,000 km in our hot dusty country with crazy stop-go traffic.

Going by my Fiat Palio Multijet experience I am going to keep changing oil every 6000 km going forward, to ensure that the engine does not suffer from oil deterioration.

Last edited by shajoshi : 2nd June 2017 at 13:54.
Old 2nd June 2017, 14:39   #1154
BHPian

In the context of Brezza, what is I create being advertised by Maruti. Any body used it?
Old 9th June 2017, 11:21   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
In the context of Brezza, what is I create being advertised by Maruti. Any body used it?
I have not used it but I think it allows you to select accessories for the car & will keep updating the car image for each customization so that the customer can easily visualize how the car would look like with the accessories. Kindly correct me if I have provided any wrong/missing information.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks