Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2017, 22:00   #1201
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

I ran into the first major issue in 15 months of ownership of Brezza. The engine oil light was coming on every once in a while, and would go away within a second. I took it to the MASS today evening, and they drained the oil. I guess about half a litre oil was collected, and assuming another half litre in the system(?). Since I reached the MASS around 5 in the evening, they decided to keep the car overnight, and have it checked by DTL tomorrow morning. No visible leakage was found under the body.
The SA mentioned that the oil might have gone into the intercooler. Not sure how that's possible.
Car has done 17k Kms, and is currently in 15th month of use. I've had all my free and paid services done at the same MASS. Is it possible that the MASS folks forgot to fill in the oil in the 20k service? The oil that was drained was pitch black in color. Could it be that this is the same oil that was filled during the 10k service, and the MASS folks forgot to do the topup at 20k (despite mentioning it on the bill)?

Another issue that I faced is that the bonnet won't close easily. I have to literally slam it shut - with a lot of energy - just dropping it from a feet high doesn't do the job anymore. I'm expecting the MASS to fix this as well.
texens is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2017, 23:28   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
I ran into the first major issue in 15 months of ownership of Brezza. The engine oil light was coming on every once in a while, and would go away within a second. I took it to the MASS today evening, and they drained the oil. I guess about half a litre oil was collected, and assuming another half litre in the system(?). Since I reached the MASS around 5 in the evening, they decided to keep the car overnight, and have it checked by DTL tomorrow morning. No visible leakage was found under the body.
The SA mentioned that the oil might have gone into the intercooler. Not sure how that's possible.
Car has done 17k Kms, and is currently in 15th month of use. I've had all my free and paid services done at the same MASS. Is it possible that the MASS folks forgot to fill in the oil in the 20k service? The oil that was drained was pitch black in color. Could it be that this is the same oil that was filled during the 10k service, and the MASS folks forgot to do the topup at 20k (despite mentioning it on the bill)?

Another issue that I faced is that the bonnet won't close easily. I have to literally slam it shut - with a lot of energy - just dropping it from a feet high doesn't do the job anymore. I'm expecting the MASS to fix this as well.
The bonnet issue can be fixed easily yourself. Simply turn the rubber hexagons in the front area of the bay clockwise or anti clockwise till it suits your needs.
latentpotential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 19:38   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible that the MASS folks forgot to fill in the oil in the 20k service? The oil that was drained was pitch black in color. Could it be that this is the same oil that was filled during the 10k service, and the MASS folks forgot to do the topup at 20k (despite mentioning it on the bill)?
As per my experience of driving Swift Diesel for more than 1.7 Lakh KMs, as soon as you change engine oil and run car for 5 to 10 km or so, engine oil will turn black and that is normal.

Last edited by Ashdel : 5th September 2017 at 19:38. Reason: used comma instead of full stop
Old 5th September 2017, 20:47   #1204
BHPian

Quote:

So, got the car back today morning. SA mentioned that the clamp was not properly tightened, and hence the oil leaked into intercooler. They topped up the oil FOC. They also fixed the bonnet issue.
Old 9th September 2017, 23:15   #1205
BHPian

The car has got so many good things but attention to details ain't one of them. The car keys has fallen down from the gap between the handbrake and passenger seat number of times (Pic in the next post). I had to literally go to the rear bench in order to fetch them number of times. The gap can become nightmare for zdi+ owners if they have a habit of putting the key on the passenger seat like me when driving alone

The image didn't get uploaded with the previous post via the android app. Here it is!

PS: The car needs some interior cleaning. I intend to give some exercise to Black & Decker vacuum cleaner some exercise tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-21557220_10213872243298724_1688470930_o.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 11th September 2017 at 15:31. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 15:27   #1206
BHPian

Got my Brezza delivery last week. Upgraded from Swift to this. Feeling happy Also can anyone please help which Gear lock to use for Brezza ? This is not available with local dealer. I guess i have to get this installed from outside market.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-brezza-v1.1.jpg  

Ashdel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 18:49   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
The gap can become nightmare for zdi+ owners if they have a habit of putting the key on the passenger seat like me when driving alone
Try a "seat gap filler" (like this one available on Amazon) (Just an example, cheaper ones are available online). I have been using one for some time on my S-Cross and it takes care of the 'blind scrambling' that I used to do for things that fell into the gap (mostly my son's hot wheels, which were 'parked' on the armrest).
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 18:55   #1208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
Also can anyone please help which Gear lock to use for Brezza ? This is not available with local dealer. I guess i have to get this installed from outside market.
This could be a good choice. Comes with a five year warranty.

Congrats on the new ride. Will appreciate if you can pen down your experience driving the Brezza vis-a-vis the Swift.
Old 11th September 2017, 19:38   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
This could be a good choice. Comes with a five year warranty.

Congrats on the new ride. Will appreciate if you can pen down your experience driving the Brezza vis-a-vis the Swift.
Thanks for the Amazon link, i also saw the same while doing google. I am surprised why gear lock is not part of Maruti Geniune Part list

My 2011 Swift has MGP gear lock and it is still going good. And for the comparison between Swift and Brezza, personally i cant compare that, Brezza is a different segment all together with latest technology and gadgets. Way better than my older love
Ashdel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 20:23   #1210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
The car has got so many good things but attention to details ain't one of them. The car keys has fallen down from the gap between the handbrake and passenger seat number of times (Pic in the next post). I had to literally go to the rear bench in order to fetch them number of times. The gap can become nightmare for zdi+ owners if they have a habit of putting the key on the passenger seat like me when driving alone

The image didn't get uploaded with the previous post via the android app. Here it is!

PS: The car needs some interior cleaning. I intend to give some exercise to Black & Decker vacuum cleaner some exercise tomorrow.
I usually drop my home keys either on the left or right side while seated in my Vento. There is still one key somewhere which I havent found after searching many times :(
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 18:24   #1211
BHPian

Dear BHPians, does Brezza owner installed a gear lock ? If yes, can you please share the picture if its a U type or Straight. I am eagerly looking for a installed version to take decision of getting one installed in my Brezza.
Also, if anyone can suggest any other non-electrical anti theft product which is as good as gear lock system, i would truly appreciate it.
Old 12th September 2017, 20:32   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Dear BHPians, does Brezza owner installed a gear lock ? If yes, can you please share the picture if its a U type or Straight. I am eagerly looking for a installed version to take decision of getting one installed in my Brezza.
Also, if anyone can suggest any other non-electrical anti theft product which is as good as gear lock system, i would truly appreciate it.
I dont know much about gear locking systems but I found a video in youtube-

Check near 8 min mark. The guy has installed a gear lock. Hope this provides some help to you.
Old 12th September 2017, 22:09   #1213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your new acquisition. I've got the gear lock installed from an accessory shop in Gurgaon. It's a straight one, pin type and not the U type. It's of Autocop and cost me ₹1500 including installation which was done by the company authorized guy. It has a warranty of 5 years. Sorry, I don't have a snap right now but can get it tomorrow. The image is from the link above and is of the same lock that I have. The gear lock is put once the car is in reverse gear. There's one issue, you have to slide the seat back for locking it and unlocking it. If at all you don't remove the keys from lock and slide your seat forward, the key can break inside the gear lock system.

Quote:
Thank You. Please share a picture tomorrow.
Already uploaded a reference image. Will upload mine tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-screenshot_20170912221010_01.png  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 12th September 2017 at 22:15.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 22:13   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition. I've got the gear lock installed from an accessory shop in Gurgaon. It's a straight one, pin type and not the U type. It's of Autocop and cost me ₹1500 including installation which was done by the company authorized guy. It has a warranty of 5 years. Sorry, I don't have a snap right now but can get it tomorrow.
Thank You. Please share a picture tomorrow.
Old 13th September 2017, 03:05   #1215
BHPian

Guys,

I ran into a pothole unfortunately at Koramangala and damaged one of my rear tyre. It was around 2 AM and did not realize the damage until I reached home driving 2-3 Kms.

Replacing the tyre is the only option I guess with my Brezza ZDI+:

1. Should I change both the rear tyres?
2. Can I use the tyre which came along with stepney wheel?
3. Tyre suggestion, Michelin or Good Year?

Thank you,
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img20170913.jpg  

Last edited by Paradox : 13th September 2017 at 03:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks