Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2017, 06:36   #1216
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Guys,

I ran into a pothole unfortunately at Koramangala and damaged one of my rear tyre. It was around 2 AM and did not realize the damage until I reached home driving 2-3 Kms.

Replacing the tyre is the only option I guess with my Brezza ZDI+:

1. Should I change both the rear tyres?
2. Can I use the tyre which came along with stepney wheel?
3. Tyre suggestion, Michelin or Good Year?

Thank you,
No need to change both rear tyres if you're not changing the brand and sticking with Apollo. In this case, you can use the tyre from stepney and get it mounted on the alloys and the tyre from the other rear one should go on to the stepney rim. Pick up one new tyre and then you'll have one new and one relatively new (from stepney) tyres and use them in front. The tyre size of stepney is same as those on alloys.

In case you're planning to change the brand, I'll suggest to use it as stepney.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2017, 17:01   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition. I've got the gear lock installed from an accessory shop in Gurgaon. It's a straight one, pin type and not the U type. It's of Autocop and cost me ₹1500 including installation which was done by the company authorized guy. It has a warranty of 5 years.
I just checked with Maruti owned service center in Naraina, Delhi and they are still installing Swift gear lock in Brezza. Reason being, MGA gear locks are still not made for Brezza, however the sales person told me that there is absolutely no problem with getting swift gear lock in my Brezza.

I guess the Autocop lock installed in your car is also a generic one which fits most of the cars. Please suggest. Thanks.

Also, if possible please share pictures as well. Thanks again.
Old 17th September 2017, 21:20   #1218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post

I guess the Autocop lock installed in your car is also a generic one which fits most of the cars. Please suggest. Thanks.

Also, if possible please share pictures as well. Thanks again.
Hi, sorry for late reply as I was quite busy. Attaching snaps for your help, grey colour is installed in Brezza, beige in Ritz. Both are same make, Autocop and I guess same name, Terminator. For Ritz, it had cost 1100/- in 2011 and it cost me 1500/- for Brezza in August this year. Installation was done by a person from Autocop. Hope this helps.

Sorry for the wires in picture, car is less used so some stuff is just lying there.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img20170917wa0039.jpg
Brezza

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img20170917wa0038.jpg
Brezza

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img20170917wa0035.jpg
Brezza

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img20170917wa0030.jpg
Brezza

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img20170917wa0029.jpg
Ritz

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img20170917wa0032.jpg
Ritz
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 18:50   #1219
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki is gearing to launch the automatic variant of Vitara Brezza.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki is gearing up to launch an automatic transmission variants -AMT for Diesel or CVT for Petrol- of its bestselling SUV Vitara Brezza. Estimated to be available in the price range of Rs. 8-11 lakh,
Quote:
Maruti Suzuki could introduce either an AMT variant of the existing diesel version or a CVT variant of the petrol version by the festive season.
link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 18:58   #1220
BHPian

Dear BHPians, please suggest if anyone has upgraded high beam bulbs of Zdi / ZDI+ variants. Thanks.

Quote:
Is anyone aware of the make and type of stock headlight bulbs of Brezza? What I've been told is that its Osram nightbreakers but looking at its light throw, I've doubts. I dont want to change wattage of bulbs, I just want them to be brighter, but strictly NO WHITE/BLUE lights. I just want more brightness, nothing funny.
Were you manage to upgrade your headlight bulbs ? If yes, please suggest. Thanks.

Last edited by Eddy : 19th September 2017 at 23:39. Reason: Merged
Old 18th September 2017, 19:23   #1221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
Were you manage to upgrade your headlight bulbs ? If yes, please suggest. Thanks.
I did upgrade my stock bulbs from Osrams to Philips Extreme Vision Plus 130%. I've also upgraded my fogs to Micro XP Fogs. You can get details here in this thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rezza-zdi.html

in this post -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4192362
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 22:20   #1222
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry for the OT, but while we are discussing about lights, I couldn't stop myself from posting this thought...Sorry really.

Frustration about high beamed Brezzas...

We all know how the Swift has sold over the last decade. It is beyond doubt the sportiest car of its age in this country. But it was also one of blind aspiration for a lot of uninformed yet sufficiently wealthy folk. Result - there are/were infinite (especially white) Swifts everywhere.

Also sadly in the hands of the uneducated / uninformed / innocently ignorant / plain arrogant. The people who drive their cars always with high beam, with 0 regard for the oncoming traffic.

A decade is exactly the time when still most of Indians switch cars. Enter - Vitara Brezza. A perfectly timed and - yes exactly like the Swift - well made car that touches the correct nerve of the people and ticks all the boxes.

Vast majority of the aforementioned gentlemen are upgrading now to the Brezza daily. And sadly - they drive with those even more powerful headlamps on high beams. This time with twin barrels, modded LED lights and what not.

The Brezza's lights are obviously higher than the Swift & are position very well to burn holes into oncoming drivers' eyes. Then a lot of these guys upgrade light wattage / change to HIDs without proper care about housing / projector etc and its inexplicable.

I'm unnecessarily ending up cursing this car every night when driving home on low-beams myself thanks to these people. Not that other cars don't do this. There were simply too many Swifts on the road...And now there are too many Brezzas...

Once again, sorry for the OT but had to express the frustration somewhere safely without getting into a street brawl!

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th September 2017 at 22:22.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2017, 22:42   #1223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Once again, sorry for the OT but had to express the frustration somewhere safely without getting into a street brawl!
Don't feel frustrated. It's a problem shared by many but singling out a single car is of no use. The worst lights which blind the traffic are those from Tata Magic and their ilk. And then those from true blue SUVs like Safari and Scorpio or the taxi driven Boleros, they're blinding even to the guy sitting in a Brezza. Basically getting blinded can happen in any car, if you sit in a low slung sedan or smaller hatchbacks.

As far as light modifications are concerned, that all depends on the driving manners and traffic system education which sadly in non-existent in our country. I see so many bike guys putting on those fancy blue/ white/ orange kind of light in their headlights. The administration has to come down heavily on such road illegal modifications or else we can just crib and do nothing.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 12:58   #1224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Don't feel frustrated. It's a problem shared by many but singling out a single car is of no use. The worst lights which blind the traffic are those from Tata Magic and their ilk.
Of course mate - the car doesn't intentionally blind anybody. My point is just that there are too many Brezzas on the road compared to the other vehicles that cause it to me. Thats all. No offence to the car or owners in general.

Purely about the design aspect - the NANO on high-beams does the max retina damage.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2017, 21:17   #1225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki is gearing to launch the automatic variant of Vitara

Hope they launch sooner than later.

As per the report, the waiting period has come down to 15 days for Brezza. Now, we've to wait and watch, whether Tata Nexon will live up to the expectations although design is excellent.

And it's time, Maruti incorporates Paddle shift, if at all they launch a CVT version.
Old 23rd September 2017, 20:16   #1226
VR4
BHPian

Source: Car Torq, September 20th.

Maruti had hinted that they will launch a petrol variant of the Brezza and automatic version of the vehicle later this year.

According to BW Businessworld, the manufacturer will introduce the new variants of the vehicle during the festive season. Currently, the Vitara Brezza is only powered by a 1.3-litre 4-cylinder diesel engine that generates 89Bhp – 200 Nm. Only the 5-speed manual transmission is offered with the vehicle. According to the report, Maruti will launch an AMT version with the diesel-powered Brezza in India.

The report also suggests that there will be a petrol version of the compact SUV too. The petrol engine is expected to be a 1.0-litre Boosterjet engine that also powers the Baleno RS in the current line-up. The petrol engine will come with CVT automatic transmission. There are also reports suggesting that the petrol engine could be the 1.4-litre K14 engine that powers the Maruti Ciaz.

The new variants are being launched to counter the upcoming launches like Tata Nexon and Ford EcoSport facelift that is scheduled to happen next week.
Old 23rd September 2017, 21:00   #1227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4 View Post

Maruti had hinted that they will launch a petrol variant of the Brezza and automatic version of the vehicle later this year.
I'll say it's wishful thinking. As far as I'm aware, there is no new engine or variant planned as of now for Brezza. In all probability, Brezza might not see any Petrol engine.
Old 23rd September 2017, 22:51   #1228
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
I'll say it's wishful thinking. As far as I'm aware, there is no new engine or variant planned as of now for Brezza. In all probability, Brezza might not see any Petrol engine.
Maybe, but I, personally do not think so, especially with the demand for petrol engined vehicles on the rise. Moreover, with Tata Motors having launched the Nexon with a petrol engine and EcoSport, WR-V already having petrol engines. News is Honda is planning to bring in the 1.5 IVTEC engine in the WR-V.

Maruti, already having a stronghold in this segment might be looking at strengthening their position by winning over customers planning for a petrol engine vehicle.
Old 5th October 2017, 17:10   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4 View Post

The new variants are being launched to counter the upcoming launches like Tata Nexon and Ford EcoSport facelift that is scheduled to happen next week.
Atleast this time or its the right time for maruti to re cosider the quality of plastic trims for such a great vehicle like brezza. Only because of that reason, i had to move away from such a great car.
Old 5th October 2017, 17:18   #1230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithsidhardha View Post
Atleast this time or its the right time for maruti to re cosider the quality of plastic trims for such a great vehicle like brezza. Only because of that reason, i had to move away from such a great car.
So true!! The complaints I personally have with the Brezza:

1. No petrol engine
2. Poor interior perceivable quality. Doesn't feel like a million rupee car
3. Niggles like fogging up of HL, cracking of fog lamps etc.

Other than these, its a great package.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks