Old 5th October 2017, 17:53   #1231
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
So true!! The complaints I personally have with the Brezza:

1. No petrol engine
2. Poor interior perceivable quality. Doesn't feel like a million rupee car
3. Niggles like fogging up of HL, cracking of fog lamps etc.

Other than these, its a great package.

Regards,
Shashi
What I've come to know is that there may not be a Petrol variant anytime soon. As far as the interior quality is concerned, I've seen mainly Maruti products so for me, the quality is ok. Maybe because I've not seen a better million rupee car. The niggles are there, I got my headlamps changed under warranty and have got Micro XP Fogs so no issues there also. But like you said, it's a great package. I just finished a 570kms drive on Monday, with just 2 stops in between. And I was not at all tired. It's an amazing car which I'll rate next to petrol Ritz that we have.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 07:12   #1232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
What I've come to know is that there may not be a Petrol variant anytime soon.
Yeah, that's really unfortunate.

Quote:
The niggles are there, I got my headlamps changed under warranty and have got Micro XP Fogs so no issues there also.
One thing I always wished to ask, did the change the vendor too for the HLs? Because I have heard that even new HL assemblies are fogging up, and its a common issue in most of the projector equipped Marutis.

Quote:
But like you said, it's a great package. I just finished a 570kms drive on Monday, with just 2 stops in between. And I was not at all tired. It's an amazing car which I'll rate next to petrol Ritz that we have.
Nice. Ritz petrol was an amazing car indeed.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 07:42   #1233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

One thing I always wished to ask, did the change the vendor too for the HLs? Because I have heard that even new HL assemblies are fogging up, and its a common issue in most of the projector equipped Marutis.

The dealership did tell me that the vendor is different but I couldn't find any marking between the 2 sets to differentiate. The new ones haven't fogged as old ones except on a few occasions. Infact, I've noticed condensation only after driving for some time when it rained for a few minutes during the drive and there was condensation where drops had landed on headlights. But nothing serious. Overall, I'm happy with the new set. The condensation issue has happened even in non projector variants.

Take a look - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4084383

Last edited by BoneCollector : 6th October 2017 at 07:47.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 07:54   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any idea why condensation and water leakage is reported only on high end cars? In over a decade of owning a Zen, first edition, never had this issue. Ditto the Eon, for four years now. Nobody in my circle who own the humble Alto, WagonR or the i10 have faced this problem. Is this a pertinent question?
Old 6th October 2017, 08:30   #1235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So true!! The complaints I personally have with the Brezza:

1. No petrol engine
Here is an update on petrol engine. Clear No No, atleast for 2018 as per a sales person here in Bangalore. I asked him in multiple ways on a remote possibility of petrol in long future, but answer was No again.
So my take is either forget Brezza (most unlikely) or buy diesel
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2017, 11:28   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Clear No No, atleast for 2018 as per a sales person here in Bangalore.
The sales persons at MS showroom did not seem to be well informed. I had a thorough discussion with one of the SA at Nexa. He said that international version of Vitara would be launched very soon at NEXA. Whereas I insisted that S- cross facelift would launch earlier than international Vitara that he was not ready to believe. After launching of S-cross facelift I personally visited NEXA and congratulated him.

There was news (Aug 2016) that S cross Petrol with 1.5L engine with 109HP & 138NM was launched in Indonesia. Why not then Brezza with Petrol in India? IMHO, Auto Expo Feb2018 will answer all our questions for Vitara Brezza Petrol.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 13:15   #1237
Senior - BHPian

Likes and Dislikes of my MS Vitara Brezza after 20days/750Kms.

• Easy ingress and egress for aged parents in the back seat.
• SUV feel, with the good driving position.
• Easy to drive in the city.
• After 2000 RPM (forbidden territory during run-in period) there is ample power.
• Ample space inside the cabin.
• Lots of storage options, 2 glow boxes, one under seat tray, and a 1-liter bottle holder in all doors.
• Plenty of headroom and legroom for the driver.
• Smooth clutch.
• Fuel efficient (City 14.5, Highways 20.5).
• Tried and tested 1.3 DDiS engine.
• 198 mm GC (Now, I don’t need to worry about those absurdly large speed breakers at railway crossings).

Dislikes:
• That famous turbo lag between 1800-2000 rpm.
• NVH level is high. It feels like you are in a big drum on bad patches.
• The interior plastic quality is very poor.
• Rattling noise from Parcel tray, a flask in bottle holder, some coins in the ashtray, sunglasse in sunglass holder etc.
• The antenna is too long. (It should be smaller like MS Dzire’s Antenna).
• Ugly Keys (Bellow ZDI+ Variant).
• No thumb rest on the steering wheel.
• No tweeters in ZDI Variant. (MGA don’t have stock of Hertz tweeters, a Pan India issue).

Last edited by SJM1214 : 9th October 2017 at 13:21.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 13:47   #1238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
• Rattling noise from Parcel tray, a flask in bottle holder, some coins in the ashtray, sunglasse in sunglass holder etc.
• The antenna is too long. (It should be smaller like MS Dzire’s Antenna).
Congratulations on your car.

You can get rid of rattles at mentioned places by either removing those items or using a sponge or something to cushion it out. As far as antenna is concerned, change it to that of Swift. It costs somewhere around ₹170. But there will be some signal reception loss for some channels, not all.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 14:03   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your car.
Thank you Very much, Sir.

Quote:
You can get rid of rattles at mentioned places by either removing those items or using a sponge or something to cushion it out.
I am thinking to tackle this issue by pasting felt lining in all storage compartment like this.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...mpartment.html

Quote:
As far as antenna is concerned, change it to that of Swift. It costs somewhere around ₹170. But there will be some signal reception loss for some channels, not all.
I inquired about the same at MGA, but they said it is not available. I think, I"ll have to go for aftermarket antenna.

Last edited by SJM1214 : 9th October 2017 at 14:05.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 12:30   #1240
BHPian

Recently drove a Vitara Brezza VDI(O) which is bought by a close friend. He zeroed on the Nissan Terrano but since his father is stuck with the reliability of Maruti Suzuki, he has to abide by his decision. Earlier they have used Ritz VDI for close to 5 years which has 2,50,000 km on odo and still going strong.
Few of the first hand observations are:

At an On-Road price of 930,000 Interior Quality is very poor. No soft touch materials even the door handles plastics are not upto the mark. Would say highly disappointed in this department.

Most of the bells and whistles are saved for the Top End model, though it gets everything covered in the Safety department since they have opted for the VDI(O) model.

Providing manual AC controls is not an issue, but believe me even the cars on half the price point would have better Switch/Knob quality.

Poor NVH levels.

Good points which I found is the high seating position and good all around visibility.

I happened to drive a petrol car on a regular basis since last 5 years but didn't find any issues with the driveability of this car.Highly tractable Engine, tuned in such a way that one will not feel much lag under 2000 rpm.

Surprised with the way it was eating up all the road undulations with such ease. Minor speed breakers were not even felt inside the cabin. May be I felt this way more since I happen to drive BALENO and suspension is it's pain point since beginning.

At the end, I was surprised to see the Sales figure of this car with what it offers.Except the stance and SUV'ish looks, I guess what it offers actually is Peace of Mind for being a Maruti due to which clocking consistent sales 10k+ units every month.But there was no WOW factor.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 13:49   #1241
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to a Team-BHP fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sharing:

Quote:
Vitara Brezza:

- Doesn't look like the Vitara Brezza will get a petrol in the near future.

- AMT launch will be in January. May get delayed till Auto Expo as a few engineers are not happy with the current calibration.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 15:06   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Oh no. No petrol option is indeed a bad news for a competent car like Brezza. Looks like the 1.0 Boosterjet engine is not good enough to be plonked in this.
Old 17th October 2017, 15:30   #1243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I had stated earlier also that Brezza will not be coming in petrol variant. None of the engines they've is competent enough to be plonked onto it as per my source. And with the kind of order backlog they have, I don't think they're going to launch anything new.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 16:12   #1244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Oh no. No petrol option is indeed a bad news for a competent car like Brezza. Looks like the 1.0 Boosterjet engine is not good enough to be plonked in this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I had stated earlier also that Brezza will not be coming in petrol variant. None of the engines they've is competent enough to be plonked onto it as per my source. And with the kind of order backlog they have, I don't think they're going to launch anything new.
Wondering why the 1.0 BoosterJet is seeming unsuitable for the Brezza.

It develops 150NM of torque in it's current "de-tuned" state.
150NM is the kind of torque, which is generally produced by a 1.6/1.5 Naturally aspirated Petrol, like the one found in the Creta.

If it's fine in the Creta, what is the harm it will do, in the Brezza?
Old 17th October 2017, 16:40   #1245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Wondering why the 1.0 BoosterJet is seeming unsuitable for the Brezza.

It develops 150NM of torque in it's current "de-tuned" state.
150NM is the kind of torque, which is generally produced by a 1.6/1.5 Naturally aspirated Petrol, like the one found in the Creta.

If it's fine in the Creta, what is the harm it will do, in the Brezza?
150NM would be the peak torque. Torque curve of 1.0L BoosterJet would be different than 1.5/1.6 NA engines. Brezza might struggle at lower rpms due to turbo lag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks