Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2018, 10:36   #1381
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

The brochure says that the AMT version now comes with all black interiors (plastics and seat fabric included). Does the MT version also comes with new all black interiors now?
Old 19th May 2018, 16:55   #1382
BHPian

AMT reviews. Gets a creep function. AMT is smoother and feels well mated to diesel engine.

No cruise control on AMT variants? Any specific reason for that? CC makes more sense with Auto boxes right? No leather wrapped steering wheel as well.

Last edited by PraNeel : 19th May 2018 at 16:59.
Old 27th May 2018, 00:20   #1383
Distinguished - BHPian

The de-badged look of the newly-launched Brezza AGS variants has carried over to it's MT variant as well.

Here, the Brezza ZDI+ MT can be seen in it's exclusive Blazing Red + Midnight Black dual-tone exterior shade, sporting nothing but the "S" logo at the rear.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-image8.jpeg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-image7.jpeg

Thanks to Boonkula Thurai @ Club Brezza.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 13:02   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
Hi All Brezza owners ,

Yesterday I was travelling from Mumbai to Pune on the express way at around 90 kms /per hour speed . The road was relatively empty. I was stunned to see one blue colored brezza zip passed by me at very high speed ( I guess it could be well over 130 kms/hr) , I wanted to know if this car is capable to handle such high speeds or I just came across a moron. Please share your opinion.
I am comfortable doing 100kmph on express way in Brezza. It becomes loud even at that speed. There's no point in dragging it further. Though it can cruise up to 120kmph comfortably without making you nervous (regarding breaking/handling), I prefer to stay in 90-100kmph zone due to poor NVH levels.

----
Just had a look at the brochure of new Brezza posted on the previous page. Is high speed warning feature present in existing Brezza? It would be very useful for me as I am not able to see extremely slow odometer from my preferred driving position. A big ergonomic failure, IMO.

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 28th May 2018 at 13:06.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 13:51   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
I prefer to stay in 90-100kmph zone due to poor NVH levels.
NVH level is so bad? Is it specific to Brezza or with all cars <12 lakhs?

How about in City speeds? Are you able to converse over the speaker phone?

Can you compare it with other Maruti Cars or with other manufacturers in this budget range?
jaaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 14:58   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
NVH level is so bad? Is it specific to Brezza or with all cars <12 lakhs?

How about in City speeds? Are you able to converse over the speaker phone?

Can you compare it with other Maruti Cars or with other manufacturers in this budget range?
I have absolutely no issues in city speeds. I don't mind engine noise at <2k rpm & that's how I usually drive in city. People coming from Petrol engines might still find it noisy as I have driven turbo charged diesels all my life.

I can easily converse over bluetooth at 120-130kmph. One might need to raise his/her voice a little but definitely doesn't need to shout. I have owned 1st gen Swift Dzire diesel in past, NVH is little higher than it due to higher wind noise in Brezza.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2018, 21:03   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrider_7 View Post

What is the best solution? How much it will cost?
Went to Popular service station at Pachakil, Calicut, for the repairs.

The repair work has been done for ₹ 6000. The missing sensors were trapped inside the bumper. Below is the price breakup.

Parts: ₹100
Labour: ₹5000

The rest was GST.
Old 24th June 2018, 14:57   #1388
BHPian

Rubber of rear wiper blade gave up during last October (the car was purchased in April 2016) & front wiper blades became useless during last December even though the car is parked under shade or inside basement most of the time. I would say the quality is poorer than my first gen Swift Dzire's wiper blades

I didn't replace the blades because the car is mostly used within Ahmedabad & usually it doesn't rain here from October to June.

As it was expected to start raining from today, I went to MASS - starline cars, Gota, Ahmedabad yesterday. SA told me it would cost me approx 1200 for front blades and 500 for rear blades. I began to think that pricing is on a bit higher side. Meanwhile SA added that they would enter labor code in the system & it would be extra ~200 bucks I was shocked! Labor charges for the replacement of wiper blades. I refused to award them the work.

Went to couple of FNGs today morning as there was a drizzle today morning. None of them had the wiper blades in stock. Went to MASS - Kiran Motors, Sola. Whole atmosphere of the workshop was like a government office. After being redirected to 3 different persons, finally a guy told me to wait in customer lounge. I kept on waiting for approx 30 mins then I went to that guy for an update. He said, "Saar, blades stock me nai hai, kal ayenge!!" I already have had lots of experience of Kiran motors' pathetic pre-sales & post sales service is so instead of questioning him for why didn't he update me & kept me waiting, I left the workshop.

Went to MASS - Popular motors, Sola. I was out of the workshop within 15 minutes with new wiper blades, kudos to their excellent service. They didn't even charge the labor.

Couple of questions,
  • How can one MASS workshop charge unnecessary labor when other MASS workshop doesn't charge for it? Doesn't Maruti have sort of control over this loot?
  • It costed me 1700 (including taxes) for both front & rear wiper blades. I feel it is steep pricing for sub 4m pseudo suv segment. (Mind you, the quality is sub-par & they are not even frameless wiper blades) Can owners of Ecosport, Nexon or WR-V share the cost of this part for their cars?

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 24th June 2018 at 14:58.
Old 24th June 2018, 15:50   #1389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Couple of questions,
  • How can one MASS workshop charge unnecessary labor when other MASS workshop doesn't charge for it? Doesn't Maruti have sort of control over this loot?
  • It costed me 1700 (including taxes) for both front & rear wiper blades. I feel it is steep pricing for sub 4m pseudo suv segment. (Mind you, the quality is sub-par & they are not even frameless wiper blades) Can owners of Ecosport, Nexon or WR-V share the cost of this part for their cars?
I changed my front wiper blades last month as the older ones were not cleaning properly. The OEM wiper blades are of very poor quality. They were available at local MASS but I wanted frameless ones, so ordered for a set of wiper blades from Bosch which cost me ₹900/- including shipping charges. These are frameless wipers and have amazing cleaning. I changed them myself at home, took less than 10 minutes for it. Rear one is holding fine as yet.

The cost and labor you've shared is horrible on part of MASS. Why not report it to Maruti?
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 01:10   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I changed my front wiper blades last month as the older ones were not cleaning properly. The OEM wiper blades are of very poor quality. They were available at local MASS but I wanted frameless ones, so ordered for a set of wiper blades from Bosch which cost me ₹900/- including shipping charges. These are frameless wipers and have amazing cleaning. I changed them myself at home, took less than 10 minutes for it. Rear one is holding fine as yet.

The cost and labor you've shared is horrible on part of MASS. Why not report it to Maruti?
The cost of wiper blades is decided by MSIL so there is no point reporting it to MSIL. Regarding labor charges, I didn't go with that workshop so don't want to take the pain to prove my point without invoice.Majority of MASS workshops around me are far from competent so I see no point in wasting my energy to improve them. I have submitted negative feedback multiple times regarding bad servicing however all I get is, please take your car to the dealer, it will be rectified. Have tried that as well but it was always a waste of time. Also, I am planning to sell the car & most probably won't buy a Maruti again so I try to minimize my interaction with MASS/MSIL.

Regarding non-OEM blades, I should have done that but I procrastinated. Also, I assumed that MGP wiper blades must be cheaper (or at least on par in terms of pricing) than Bosch or trico. (Grrrr, it's hard to get rid of, Maruti is cheap to maintain myth). As I don't want to keep the car for long, didn't take pain to look for alternatives.

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 25th June 2018 at 01:12.
Old 25th June 2018, 01:39   #1391
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe Popular Motors dont have the DMS(Dealer Management System) yet. That explains how they didn't charge you any labour. DMS mandates a predecided labour as per the spare sold. Check your bill, if it says Running repair or Counter sale. If it's the former, then it should indicate in the Maruti app if the workshop is connected to DMS.

Hope it's clear. Maruti is rapidly connecting all its workshops(small or large, dealer or MASS) to DMS. It's only going to get worse with times. Best option for you would have been to visit an MGP store who can easily do a counter sale to walk in customers.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 25th June 2018 at 01:40.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 13:11   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Maybe Popular Motors dont have the DMS(Dealer Management System) yet. That explains how they didn't charge you any labour. DMS mandates a predecided labour as per the spare sold. Check your bill, if it says Running repair or Counter sale. If it's the former, then it should indicate in the Maruti app if the workshop is connected to DMS.

Hope it's clear. Maruti is rapidly connecting all its workshops(small or large, dealer or MASS) to DMS. It's only going to get worse with times. Best option for you would have been to visit an MGP store who can easily do a counter sale to walk in customers.

Regards,
Shashi
I checked the invoice. It says 'Service type: Accessories Fitment'
Under the labour section, 'Free check up' is mentioned.

Though, Maruti has succeeded to sell premium models (read above 1 million rupees cars), if they continue to charge unnecessary premium for the service, they will have tough time selling the cars. Maybe, they want to milk most of their brand value before EVs/Hybrids start to take over. Chances are very slim that Maruti will be market leader in that era.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 22:30   #1393
BHPian

A Bengalurian decided to protest against showroom by parking his car in front of showroom entrance.

The issue as mentioned in this link states that his car has fuel leakage from the engine & has escalated the matter by sending almost 70 - 80 emails which went unanswered.
So he decided to take this step.

The showroom in question is Varun Motors.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-carprotest.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-carprotest1.jpg
KING DYSP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 11:12   #1394
BHPian

Has anyone test drove the Brezza AMT? How do you feel about it? I am keenly exploring booking one
Old 26th June 2018, 11:32   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
Has anyone test drove the Brezza AMT? How do you feel about it? I am keenly exploring booking one
Yes, I did the test drive last sunday.

AMT is refined and you don't feel the Jerks as you fell them in Dzire. I did test drive the Dzire AGS earlier. Gears do hold on for longer time before they up shift. Driving it in the traffic was a breeze,If you want don't want to go with D mode then you can use the Manual mode and things are similar.

It was a short 8 km Test Drive that i did , in the city stop and go traffic.

However i still have concerns on how AMT will behave on a steep climb.

Take a thorough test drive before you do the booking, take it through the routes that you often you use and see how it behaves.

Thanks

Last edited by zaveed : 26th June 2018 at 11:33. Reason: Additional Info added.
zaveed is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed