Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2016, 23:39   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
The Brezza doesn't have good interiors. The Creta does.
Creta doesn't have the best interiors in that price range neither does Brezza. Tushar rightly said that both the cars are good but neither excel in any category within their respective segments.
sourabhzen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 03:14   #32
BHPian

Fantastic review!! Read through completely. I took a test drive today and reading the review made me feel the car virtually all over again!

1kg of space below passenger seat at front can hold 8 lacs of cash of Rs. 1000!! Seriously, you tested that Tushar?
balajisv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 05:39   #33
BHPian

Excellent review as usual, Team BHP.

Are you posting more exterior shots of the car? Two is a tad too few. Especially when this is probably the first car to come with two toned colour schemes from an Indian manufacturer.
Old 11th April 2016, 07:03   #34
BHPian

Went for a test drive yesterday, found everything impressive like the build quality, the interiors however IMHO the engine is highly under powered. I felt it was struggling big time to keep pace here in hills specially with a full load and steep gradient.
Old 11th April 2016, 07:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Creta doesn't have the best interiors in that price range neither does Brezza. Tushar rightly said that both the cars are good but neither excel in any category within their respective segments.
Let's say creta has better interior than the competition- Duster. Creta is better than most equal price sedans, Verna being the exception.

The Brezza's interior is sad. The car is like the Mobilio, though the difference between exterior and interior looks isn't as much as the Mobilio.

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2016 at 13:45. Reason: Typos
Old 11th April 2016, 07:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_shimla View Post
Went for a test drive yesterday, found everything impressive like the build quality, the interiors however IMHO the engine is highly under powered. I felt it was struggling big time to keep pace here in hills specially with a full load and steep gradient.
Brezza is about the same weight and also comes with the same engine as my six year old manza; this problem plagues me too whenever I go to the hills. It is due to the massive turbo lag this engine has - should be taken care of when they launch their under development 1500cc engine in it.

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2016 at 13:46. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this. Thanks
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 07:53   #37
BHPian

Thanks for the lovely review. Was looking forward to this. Just saw a white one yesterday on my way to Munnar. Looked lovely although I feel the red and black combo is any given day better. I actually had half a mind to replace my Sunny with this but I'm not sure whether Maruti will ever get the AMT gearbox for this by any chance? If yes...that would be something to get in this segment.
rosh_aveo1.4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 08:00   #38
BHPian

An excellent review as expected. Maruti has a clear winner. No bid deal breakers in my opinion, though if I were to get the car would only go for the top end. It's with the floating roof the car is looking excellent. Without it looks a bit Alto-ish. and safety features for 13 thousand is a must as mentioned. No second thoughts to that. Should also credit Ecosport; though it's sales numbers may go down, in an enthusiast point of view, can't say that Brezza is surely a better car. Ecosport, despite it's age remains a good car to beat.
Dani7766 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 08:14   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_shimla View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Brezza is about the same weight and also comes with the same engine as my six yr old manza.....this problem plagues me too whenever I go to the hills....it is due to the massive turbo lag this engine has.....should be taken care of when they launch their under development 1500cc engine in it.
Hey Amit, I believe you live in Shimla and must be often driving in the hills. If that is the case then the Vitara Brezza or any car for that matter having high turbo lag is not suitable for you. Cars with smaller engines and high peak power/torque ratings are stymied by huge turbo lag, the reason being they deploy larger turbos to get that higher peak power/torque output from smaller engines. These turbos start spooling beyond 1750 or 2000 rpm and only beyond that rpm the car feels lively/peppy. Such cars are a blast to drive on open roads/highways, but in stop-go traffic or in the hills/ghats these are quite cumbersome (as you have already experienced and seconded by windiesel). If you are looking only at SUV category then, I think a car like Ecosport (with higher cc engine and lower turbo lag) would be more suitable for you, or better still a car with rear wheel drive (since you often drive in the hills and RWD cars are suited when carrying additional loads). Just sharing my 2 cents. Test drive thoroughly each car you shortlist and I am sure you won't make a wrong choice.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 11th April 2016 at 08:15.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 08:32   #40
BHPian

Thanks for the excellent review. Photo shoot location must have been chosen after a lot of thought. Car looks great.

This is first time i took a decision to buy a car before Team BHP official review was out and so i had my fingers crossed. Actually i did not want to miss the early bird bus and took delivery two weeks ago.

However my good luck the decision is not wrong and the review itself has vindicated my stand.

Same pinch for the Dual Red Black color, i drive the same
mountaineer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 08:52   #41
BHPian

As always excellent review, was it a conscious decision to leave out the Creta in the comparisons. A lot of reference was given to the Duster but not much with the Creta, in terms of city drive ability which scores better, Creta or Brezza. Like me, most of the folks would spend 75% in city and 25% outstation trips. This comparison would be very useful.
Chillout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 09:27   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hey Amit, I believe you live in Shimla and must be often driving in the hills. If that is the case then the Vitara Brezza or any car for that matter having high turbo lag is not suitable for you. Cars with smaller engines and high peak power/torque ratings are stymied by huge turbo lag, the reason being they deploy larger turbos to get that higher peak power/torque output from smaller engines. These turbos start spooling beyond 1750 or 2000 rpm and only beyond that rpm the car feels lively/peppy. Such cars are a blast to drive on open roads/highways, but in stop-go traffic or in the hills/ghats these are quite cumbersome (as you have already experienced and seconded by windiesel). If you are looking only at SUV category then, I think a car like Ecosport (with higher cc engine and lower turbo lag) would be more suitable for you, or better still a car with rear wheel drive (since you often drive in the hills and RWD cars are suited when carrying additional loads). Just sharing my 2 cents. Test drive thoroughly each car you shortlist and I am sure you won't make a wrong choice.

Well guys sorry but i have a different opinion and experience.

After 400+ Km on the odo and two weeks of ownership i can tell you VITARA BREZZA is an able car and wants to to be in hills. I am driving in and around Shimla and have been climbing all the roads and could not find any difficulty in any winding uphill roads.I feel it is even more eager and comfortable to climb as compared to my RITZ Petrol.

I have driven over 200K Km in Hills (petrol only) and had been a big critic of Diesel cars without any experience(just like many drivers in the hills). But now with very limited driving experience i can agree with all modesty, this diesel car is no lesser than a petrol.You just need to get adjusted and re-align to the driving dynamics.

While driving, I am not getting over enthusiastic and keeping the car below 2K RPM till my first service but till now i have very positive experiences with the car.

Please pardon me for the following lines but i could not stop myself...

Its not just the MACHINE but it is the MAN behind the wheel who matters.This is more so in the HILLS because Gear,Accelerator, Clutch and Brake combination is very important and the time of engaging one and dis engaging the other is the Art you have to Master.
mountaineer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 09:35   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post

A driver airbag comes as standard across the range. A passenger airbag, ABS with EBD and pretensioner + force limiter seatbelts can be added to the LDi and VDi via the option kit. Added safety kit costs around Rs. 13k - it's a no brainer. Don't buy a Vitara Brezza without it!
][/url]
Rating the review a fully and we'll deserved five star for its immaculate precision and eye for detail. With such reviews tbhp holds its own amidst the chaos. For me the clicking point of this deal is availability of safety features as a bundle for Rs 13 k. Another aspect of proper road visibility should set the brezza burn the sales chart. As rightly mentioned in the review, people after sitting once on the driver seat will sign on the dotted lines.

I agree with GTO regarding the build quality of Ford and feature richness rather than the boring old school interiors of Maruti.
Nonetheless, this is another blockbuster which will make the regular Maruti dealers smile. And hell yes the number 2000 dealership is not so far away.
Long live competition!
Take a bow Tushar!!

Last edited by MDED : 11th April 2016 at 10:00.
MDED is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 10:19   #44
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has shipped 5563 units of Brezza to the dealerships in March. Not a bad start but lesser by Maruti standard
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 10:21   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Let's say creta has better interior than the competition- Duster. Creta is better than most equal price sedans, Verna being the exception.

The Brezza's interior is sad. The car is like the Mobilio, though the difference between exterior and interior looks isn't as much as the Mobilio.
Verna having better interiors that means Creta is not the best in that price range and hence the comment.

Putting Brezza at par with Mobilio is bit harsh and biased.

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2016 at 13:48. Reason: Quoted post edited
sourabhzen is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks