Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 11:02   #46
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hey AmitIf that is the case then the Vitara Brezza or any car for that matter having high turbo lag is not suitable for you.they deploy larger turbos These turbos start spooling beyond 1750 or 2000 rpm and only beyond that rpm the car feels lively/peppy. Such cars are a blast to drive on open roads/highways, but in stop-go traffic or in the hills/ghats these are quite cumbersome (as you have already experienced and seconded by windiesel). If you are looking only at SUV category then, I think a car like Ecosport (with higher cc engine and lower turbo lag) would be more suitable for you, or better still a car with rear wheel drive
Exactly my thoughts! In the hills there's no replacement for displacement. Ecosport should do well in the hills, so should the TUV 300 and the upcoming Nexon. Scorpio and Bolero are absolutely perfect for the hills....these two Ive driven myself! The Nano also is an effortless climber, due to the lightweight and RWD layout, and also that both its pistons move in tandem, I'm told. In the plains, the Brezza, like my Manza, will rock you like a hurricane, no offence to Scorpions! (Pun intended!)

Last edited by GTO : 11th April 2016 at 13:49. Reason: Typos, language
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 11th April 2016, 11:13   #47
BHPian

Thank you team for coming up with the most awaited thread. As always Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
• Ordinary interior quality. EcoSport has better quality & a more solid build
- Hmm, so what? as long as it is from Maruti!
Quote:
• Diesel engine has some turbo-lag below 2,000 rpm (though not excessive)
- Hmm, so what? as long as it is from Maruti!
Quote:
• Waiting periods rapidly closing in on 6 months
- Hmm, so what? as long as it is from Maruti, we will wait !

Sorry for repeat posts, the fact is Maruti has placed it so right that all its negatives are cannibalised by its positives and positioning. It may not be a surprise if we find Brezza in top 5!

Excellent compilation of review, as always.
LoneRidder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 11:19   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Its not just the MACHINE but it is the MAN behind the wheel who matters.This is more so in the HILLS because Gear,Accelerator, Clutch and Brake combination is very important and the time of engaging one and dis engaging the other is the Art you have to Master.
You are absolutely right....the Brezza will take you up the steepest hills no doubt....you just have to spool up the engine a bit. The road from Mussoorie picture palace to Landour cantt is one of the steepest and narrowest I've come across, and if you stop halfway on any of those inclines, then restarting upwards is a tricky job for high turbo lag and heavy cars. I'd much rather be in a light car like your Petrol Ritz!
windiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 11:26   #49
BHPian

Awesome review. Will be great if we can also get to see metrics defining performance and drive-ability like the times taken to go from 0 to different speeds and the times taken to move from speed A to speed B in different gears specially the higher ones like 3rd, 4th and 5th. It will be awesome to have a detailed comparo study between the Vitara Brezza and the Ecosport.
niranjanprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 11:41   #50
BHPian

A good looking sub 4m car. Probably the best design for a sub 4m suv/sedan on our road. Clean and proportionate. Looks like another mass market winner from Maruti.
Old 11th April 2016, 11:55   #51
BHPian

A very comprehensive review as usual from Team-BHP. Silver color is probably the dullest looking, but you guys make even that shine . Brezza is the best looking Maruti since Swift (2005) in my opinion. I am glad they did not give us the wheel cap type alloys this time.

May be it's only me, but I don't think Brezza needs a tail-mounted spare. It was appropriate for Ecosport, because Ecosport looks like a tall hatch from rear with it's curvier looks.
sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 11:58   #52
ISO
BANNED

Great review

Maruti missed opportunity to bring out all round compact SUV package. Except high ground clearance what else is there? There are some some ugly finishing touches. Seems to be done in hurry.
Old 11th April 2016, 12:00   #53
BHPian

Tushar and GTO - thanks for your great review. I agree to your observations on most counts, however, I don't think you have looked at the back seats. I am yet to sit on a more uncomfortable seating position. Especially for longer rides, it is simply unacceptable. the headrests issues, that find mention, just add to the woes of the back seat rider.
As much as I love the product and Maruti as a car maker, I would request you to clearly educate avid readers about this issue so that they can take an informed decision to buy Brezza.
I know you folks are the most level-headed and un-biased, so pl. take my comment in the right spirit. I really do enjoy reading the reviews on Team-BHP and would want to continue to rely on it for my car-shopping needs.
INNOVATOR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 12:11   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
As rightly mentioned in the review, people after sitting once on the driver seat will sign on the dotted lines.
True that. Went to test drive it after deciding to drop the booking. I had doubts about the driving position. Thought the road wont be visible and the dash would come in the way due to horizontal bonnet compared to an inclined one on hatchbacks that we are used to. But it felt real easy to drive with great visibility. Seating position is nice and high. Very same day made full payment and scheduled a delivery on 8th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Well guys sorry but i have a different opinion and experience.

After 400+ Km on the odo and two weeks of ownership i can tell you VITARA BREZZA is an able car and wants to to be in hills.

Its not just the MACHINE but it is the MAN behind the wheel who matters.This is more so in the HILLS because Gear,Accelerator, Clutch and Brake combination is very important and the time of engaging one and dis engaging the other is the Art you have to Master.
Haven't taken ours on a hilly stretch yet but I took your word for it before purchasing.
Any tips for driving uphill? Once the rpms drop it becomes hard to prevent stalling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
You are absolutely right....the Brezza will take you up the steepest hills no doubt....you just have to spool up the engine a bit. The road from Mussoorie picture palace to Landour cantt is one of the steepest and narrowest I've come across, and if you stop halfway on any of those inclines, then restarting upwards is a tricky job for high turbo lag and heavy cars. I'd much rather be in a light car like your Petrol Ritz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Exactly my thoughts! In the hills there's no replacement for displacement....Ecosport should do well in the hills, so should the TUV 300 and the upcoming Nexon. Scorpio and Bolero are absolutely perfect for the hills....these two Ive driven myself! The Nano also is an effortless climber, due to the lightwieght and RWD layout....and also that both its pistons move in tandem, I'm told. In the plains, the Brezza, like my Manza, will rock you like a hurricane, no offence to Scorpions! (Pun intended!)
Bolero can't be compared to Brezza. Its a very crude vehicle which is more suitable for official purposes than an outing with family. I think its a naturally aspirated engine and that's why there is greater torque available at the low end. Was seated in a Bolero on a very steep incline recently. I didn't like the experience.
Fiat reduced the turbo lag in Punto recently with a new ECU update. I hope Maruti will come up with something similar to improve the engine further.
anycatd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 13:05   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Bolero can't be compared to Brezza. Its a very crude vehicle which is more suitable for official purposes than an outing with family. I think its a naturally aspirated engine and that's why there is greater torque available at the low end. Was seated in a Bolero on a very steep incline recently. I didn't like the experience.
Fiat reduced the turbo lag in Punto recently with a new ECU update. I hope Maruti will come up with something similar to improve the engine further.
You are right Bolero is quite basic compared to the Brezza....I was only commenting on its hill climbing abilities and it has zero turbo lag. I think Bolero comes with a turbo. The punto already has lesser turbo lag since a large no. of puntos utilise the 75 bhp version of the national engine which uses a smaller turbo and therefore results in smaller turbo lag.
windiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 13:12   #56
Team-BHP Support

The best bit of Brezza which I liked his, the old school placement of indicators, really nice Instantly reminded me of E30.

The plastic part for the floating roof effect is another good looking design element.

I know, a lot of people would be confused between the EcoSport & Brezza, well, I am not. If I have to be in the driver's seat, then the EcoSport any which day. But if my family is going to be chauffeured around then Brezza wins.

For me too, the black + red combo wins. It has character.

And guys, running short words to appreciate the review
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 13:17   #57
BHPian

Wow, the long awaited review is finally out and it is an excellent one as expected. Deservedly rated 5 stars!

Just one quick question, the portion of the tail lamp that lights up seems to be quite small, the portion on the tail gate does not light up. Is the tail lamp bright enough or do you think visibility could be an issue given the tail lamp is really small?
abhii176 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 13:28   #58
Senior - BHPian

Excellent review as always. Saw this car in-person on Gudi Padwa and was mighty impressed, as mentioned in the review, the car is w-i-d-e, and that gives it a badi gaadi feel. The Eco-sport, Fiat Avventura and to some extent, Duster (85 PS) will have to be concerned.

The door mounted extra wheel, apart from looking SUVish, is practical when you take the car on a full blown vacation and have a flat tyre. Removing luggage or rear passengers is a real pain when changing wheels and most of us don't care to check the air pressure of that extra wheel very often. Hope Maruti does that in later editons.

I respectfully disagree to one point about Nexa outlets in the review though: The Nexa strategy is not confused if you start looking at the minor details of the review.
The absence of Bi-xenon lamps, leather wrapped steering wheels, auto dimming IRVM or all four disc brakes or the mention of premium feel in Baleno compared to Vitara Brezza all point to one thing: Cars sold through Nexa outlets are a little premium compared to normal ones, Nexa outlets are for those discerning customers who want cars which have these small niceties that are otherwise not present in normal 'Maruti' cars.
NiInJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 13:34   #59
BHPian

Great review showing all the aspects of another from the Maruti stable. The dual tone color options are appealing.

I can't believe the same steering, power window switches, and rear seat bench are the same as the 10 year swift!
sswaroop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 14:00   #60
BHPian

Congratulations for such a nice review. 5 Stars. Before reading this review I was very much confused between Ecosport and Brezza. Now my route is clear. Will go with Ecosport.
Jeevan Sukumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed