Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2016, 13:32   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

I spotted few Brezza last week (almost all colors). To me red-black dual tone looks excellent even comparing to Creta (I spotted a black Creta and Red-black Brezza parked next to each other). All other colors (even other dual tone options) looks bad or average.
Old 18th April 2016, 16:29   #227
BHPian

Quote:
I know maybe white is too much of a contrast but cant figure which other color suits best.
I would rather not play with Granite Grey and would keep it as it. This is not an easy color, and this maybe a reason why even MSIL did not try dual tone on this

You can try out different colors and types just on top of the paint (not by sticking it). Also if 3M has, you can try the carbon fibre finish Black, it wont make much of a difference in color, but may be the pattern gives a differentiating look

All the best, and do post some pics once you are done with the job

Last edited by PetroTurbo : 18th April 2016 at 16:31. Reason: .
Old 18th April 2016, 19:26   #228
BHPian

Excellent Post and Review of the Vitara Brezza. Much Awaited.

We went for the test drive of Vitara Brezza on Saturday. It was the Yellow- White Top end ZDI+ for the test drive and had clocked 1300 Kms approx. As mentioned earlier, I have booked the Red-Black ZDI+ and I am upgrading from my 2008 Alto LXI. So things from my perspective -

1. This Compact SUV, is well proportioned. It does not look like something is chopped off it or something missing.
2. Visibly its a big Vehicle and does not disappoint with its impressions.
3. Alto is a basic car (has and is serving us well) but if you look at everything overall; Vitara Brezza is an upgrade in all aspects. Gizmos, power, size, space, road presence, Ground clearance, tyres, etc...
4. The vehicle had just returned from a test drive and the engine was running. Though outside there was the diesel engine clatter, on the inside it was pretty stable and vibration free. Hardly any noise inside.
5. Press the Clutch; and wow! its super smooth. Slotting gears was not a hassle at all and the vehicle starts without any hiccups.
6. There was traffic and initial 300 meters I slotted it into second and without any A-Pedal input let it just glide. It went over a few patchy roads and paver blocks, but was pretty well controlled inside.
7. Post that got chance to accelerate and compared to the Alto, this one is miles ahead. To me there was nothing called as a Turbo Lag. Yes but once past the 1800 RPM mark the acceleration was even quicker. Was thinking if the Alto engine always runs in Turbo Lag mode . I now realized what 150% increase in Cubic Capacity of the engine and 2X the power means.
8. It was a 6Km Test drive, and I came out of the car very happy post this drive. Happy with my decision to book this vehicle on just the pics and online feedback.
9. I could see the bonnet while driving, the reverse cam and sensors came into play as soon as I slotted the Reverse Gear, my smart phone paired well and played songs, call logs on the screen, i can go on (Super Impressed)
10. Tyres are great and look excellent. Interiors... Yes, better than Alto. Good Space all around.

My Opinion, its an Ideal upgrade for me.
I read lots of feedback on the flimsy and not upto the mark Interiors; but I will reserve this opinion for the next upgrade I do.

Now just waiting for my Car.
Agnijit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 20:10   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnijit View Post
I have booked the Red-Black ZDI+ and I am upgrading from my 2008 Alto LXI. So things from my perspective -

5. Press the Clutch; and wow! its super smooth. Slotting gears was not a hassle at all and the vehicle starts without any hiccups.
6. There was traffic and initial 300 meters I slotted it into second and without any A-Pedal input let it just glide. It went over a few patchy roads and paver blocks, but was pretty well controlled inside.
7. Post that got chance to accelerate and compared to the Alto, this one is miles ahead. To me there was nothing called as a Turbo Lag. Yes but once past the 1800 RPM mark the acceleration was even quicker. Was thinking if the Alto engine always runs in Turbo Lag mode . I now realized what 150% increase in Cubic Capacity of the engine and 2X the power means.

Now just waiting for my Car.
Wow, you said just what I wanted to hear! I am also planing to upgrade from my Alto. Thanks for letting me know what an Alto driver can expect.

Congratulations.
RideRanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 20:29   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosem123 View Post
Does anyone here think the vitara brezza looks a little too plasticky? To me it seems as though the material inside the car is very flimsy. Compare this to the Creta and you just don't have a match. Anyone who echoes my feelings?
What is the top end on road price of the Creta and Brezza (any city)? That should give you an answer to your question.

Last edited by GTO : 27th April 2016 at 13:45. Reason: Typo
MercFan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 20:37   #231
BHPian

Agree with MercFan. The price diff seems to be upwards of 5 lakhs here. I am sure it will be even higher in places like Bangalore.
vishnurp99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 23:17   #232
BHPian

IMO The Brezza and the Creta are from two different segments.In no way can these be compared exept for maybe the SUVish styling and GC which both these cars have. Creta is a segment higher in all aspects and it does cost more as well. The SUVish look and GC , that's where the comparison starts and ends too. Creta is ages ahead in terms of quality of interiors,fit and finish,refinement, space etc etc.

Comparing both these cars isn't fair if you ask me. It's like comparing an amaze/xcent to a City/Verna. Yes one could say both are "sedans".And you could get a 80-85% of the city in an amaze at 65-70%of the cost. But these are two different segments and one should treat it that way

Just my two cents

Last edited by VRPAI : 18th April 2016 at 23:21.
VRPAI is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 08:43   #233
Senior - BHPian

Checked the Brezza out a few days back as I was in the vicinity of a dealer (Sai, Edapally) and had a bit of time. Couldn't drive as their TD car was doing the rounds. Guess, they don't have to keep the demo car at showroom for the Brezza to sell.
  1. Very easy to get in and out. It has the perfect height for aged parents.
  2. The seats were a size smaller than our Swift (second gen). While its fine for short runs, I guess people will start noticing it a bit more during longer trips.
  3. The fabric felt nice and the pattern is similar to the one in older Fiesta (Global).
  4. The short seats leave a lot of room on the inside, both front and rear. The headrests are really slim and looks funny.
  5. I didn't like the shade of plastics or the texture on closer inspection. The Swift (second gen) gets proper black and Brezza was a darker shade of grey. I think the quality of plastics in the Swift is also a little better.
  6. The upper glovebox lid is badly executed and feels el cheapo. MSIL should fix that immediately. Should have been the visual treat that the cup holder was in the Swift.
  7. The clutch like all Maruti diesels was super light but the shift was a bit notchy. But that should be okay once the run in is completed.
  8. The boot is nicely designed and totally usable. And good of MSIL to offer a full sized spare.

The waiting period was 4 months across the variants irrespective of the colour.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 08:59   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
What is the water wading capability of Brezza? Did not find it mentioned anywhere.
The air intake manifold sits way up in line with the bonnet. Don't know the capacity in mm. It should be right up there.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 10:33   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
You'll have pay the booking amount of 21k & keep your fingers crossed
Go ahead and book it, 21k is anyway fully refundable, you've got nothing to loose

Most dealers on Bangalore claim 21 weeks waiting for ldi & vdi & claim 27 weeks for zdi & zdi+

I booked zdi+ dual tone blue & white on 10th March
Till date no info except the standard statement that maruti directly allots cars, dealers have no role in this
Maybe it's true because 24 hours after I booked, maruti sent me sms directly confirming my booking & gave me a booking ID something like this SOBXXXXXXX
I booked zdi+ (red+black) 3 weeks back at Kiran Motors,Ahmedabad. SA gave me waiting period of 8 weeks, received a call from him a few days back and he updated that I can expect the delivery near end of the month or during initial days of next month which is less than 8 weeks. However I didn't receive any SMS after booking, he just provided me booking receipt. Is there anything I should be worried about?
Old 19th April 2016, 11:51   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
[*]The clutch like all Maruti diesels was super light but the shift was a bit notchy. But that should be okay once the run in is completed.
[/list]
The waiting period was 4 months across the variants irrespective of the colour.
Will the gearsshifts improve after the run-in is complete ? At times the doesn't slot in 2nd. Almost go caught up on a slope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
I booked zdi+ (red+black) 3 weeks back at Kiran Motors,Ahmedabad. SA gave me waiting period of 8 weeks, received a call from him a few days back and he updated that I can expect the delivery near end of the month or during initial days of next month which is less than 8 weeks. However I didn't receive any SMS after booking, he just provided me booking receipt. Is there anything I should be worried about?
I got a SMS within 24 hrs. Car in 3 weeks after booking on opening day. Tell the SA about it otherwise your vehicle might get allotted to someone else.
Old 19th April 2016, 12:13   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
The air intake manifold sits way up in line with the bonnet. Don't know the capacity in mm. It should be right up there.
If you search for reviews on the internet and print, you will find that the Brezza can just about take you in minor off road conditions. I don't think it really comes across as a water wading SUV
Old 19th April 2016, 13:46   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry, You'll get 2 SMS sent simultaneously from Maruti confirming your booking within 24-48 hours
The 1st SMS: Dear Customer, Congratulations on choosing the VITARA BREZZA. Your booking No. is SOBXXXXXXXX at BIMAL AUTO

2nd SMS from Maruti: Dear Customer, We at BIMAL AUTO have received your payment of Rs.21000 against your Booking No.SOBXXXXXXXX

Both SMSes come simultaneously

BTW, you booked in Kiran Motors showroom in S.G. Highway in Ahmedabad, right...?
Old 19th April 2016, 14:31   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Don't worry, You'll get 2 SMS sent simultaneously from Maruti confirming your booking within 24-48 hours
The 1st SMS: Dear Customer, Congratulations on choosing the VITARA BREZZA. Your booking No. is SOBXXXXXXXX at BIMAL AUTO

2nd SMS from Maruti: Dear Customer, We at BIMAL AUTO have received your payment of Rs.21000 against your Booking No.SOBXXXXXXXX

Both SMSes come simultaneously

BTW, you booked in Kiran Motors showroom in S.G. Highway in Ahmedabad, right...?
It has been already more than 3 weeks since I booked the car, unfortunately no SMS yet. However according to SA, they are ahead of the delivery timeline they gave me.
Regarding dealer, correct, it's Kirna Motors, SG Highway. Do you have any connection with Ahmedabad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Will the gearsshifts improve after the run-in is complete ? At times the doesn't slot in 2nd. Almost go caught up on a slope.

I got a SMS within 24 hrs. Car in 3 weeks after booking on opening day. Tell the SA about it otherwise your vehicle might get allotted to someone else.
I asked SA at the time of booking whether I would receive an SMS regarding the booking. He told me there would be no SMS. However he is promising me delivery ahead of the waiting period I was given at the time of booking. I don't see any point in writing this up to MSIL unless they miss the delivery deadline. If you guys feel I should write this up to MSIL without waiting for the delivery, please let me know.
Old 19th April 2016, 14:52   #240
BHPian

Quote:
It has been already more than 3 weeks since I booked the car, unfortunately no SMS yet. However according to SA, they are ahead of the delivery timeline they gave me.
Regarding dealer, correct, it's Kirna Motors, SG Highway. Do you have any connection with Ahmedabad?

I asked SA at the time of booking whether I would receive an SMS regarding the booking. He told me there would be no SMS. However he is promising me delivery ahead of the waiting period I was given at the time of booking. I don't see any point in writing this up to MSIL unless they miss the delivery deadline. If you guys feel I should write this up to MSIL without waiting for the delivery, please let me know.
Your booking is genuine only if you have a booking number like SOBXXXXXXX
or else the dealer would have himself booked a few & would give it what I assume.

Without a booking number, even Maruti cannot track your case.

As for Kiran Motors, I know them as my bangalore registered car met with an accident & I was there for a few days morning to evening.
I wouldn't call them as crooks, but are plain stupid morons running the show
Handling them is pretty simple, go there act angry, threaten to shout & scream (just threaten, don't go ahead, Your anger should be like Brahmastra, it more effective if shown rather than used) & they'll come around, demand to see the Maruti TSM who handles the dealership, each dealer would have a Territory Sales Manager who's the contact person between MSIL & the dealer, this Maruti employee will give you clarity, Most TSM's visit the dealership everyday

This SOBXXXXX number is also printed on the booking amount receipt

Hope this helps

Last edited by GSMINC : 19th April 2016 at 14:58. Reason: spelling mistakes corrected

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks