Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 19:24   #361
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Thanks!

It looks like this may not be an isolated incident.
As per SA, the delivery times will become shorter after the initial few weeks, once the production and transportation is streamlined.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 20:43   #362
BHPian

Well here in Noida I made a booking in the initial week of the launch itself but still there is no signs of the car. I called up my RM yesterday and asked him the status and he is yet to get back to me. It looks like folks in smaller cities/towns will get the car much earlier then folks in the Big metros even if the vehicle is booked on the same date.

Also thanks to Odd/Even rule in Delhi i have been handed over a Innvova by my inlaws and I have had to part with my wifeys car till 30th of this month. She is not really comfortable with the BIG car hence I have been driving the same from last few days. Honestly I love the seating positing. I have had my stints with SUVs earlier also(XUV Drive from Delhi-Chandigarh-Delhi & Delhi-Haridwar-Delhi) but driving the innova in the city itself during peak hours has its own charm. You get right of way in crowded places, nobody crosses you diagonally on a red light and that seating positing is awesome. Now will I have the same experience in a Brezza or Should I plonk in some more cash and think about picking up a S4/S6 scorpio cause for the money thats the toughest car I can only think of. The Innova I am driving has 150K on the odo and it still drives like a dream.

Last edited by Switch : 29th April 2016 at 20:51.
Switch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 23:45   #363
BHPian

Had spotted this car in Hungary. Is it a cousin of the Brezza? Or the Brezza shod with better wheels?
Tks
Sidd
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-20160421_1628102.jpg  

naga.sid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 00:02   #364
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naga.sid View Post
Had spotted this car in Hungary. Is it a cousin of the Brezza? Or the Brezza shod with better wheels?

Tks

Sidd

This is the international Vitara. Similar to S Cross in dimensions compared to our sub 4m cousin and comes with the 1.6 diesel and 1.4 boosterjet petrol variants.

And if rumour mills are believed, Suzuki is considering the Vitara for launch via NEXA platform.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 18:24   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Well here in Noida I made a booking in the initial week of the launch itself but still there is no signs of the car. I called up my RM yesterday and asked him the status and he is yet to get back to me. It looks like folks in smaller cities/towns will get the car much earlier then folks in the Big metros even if the vehicle is booked on the same date.

Also thanks to Odd/Even rule in Delhi i have been handed over a Innvova by my inlaws and I have had to part with my wifeys car till 30th of this month. She is not really comfortable with the BIG car hence I have been driving the same from last few days. Honestly I love the seating positing. I have had my stints with SUVs earlier also(XUV Drive from Delhi-Chandigarh-Delhi & Delhi-Haridwar-Delhi) but driving the innova in the city itself during peak hours has its own charm. You get right of way in crowded places, nobody crosses you diagonally on a red light and that seating positing is awesome. Now will I have the same experience in a Brezza or Should I plonk in some more cash and think about picking up a S4/S6 scorpio cause for the money thats the toughest car I can only think of. The Innova I am driving has 150K on the odo and it still drives like a dream.

Yes, driving innova is better than Brezza (I own both now). However, it is a handful to drive in the city.

I believe you have booked at Rohan Motor in sector 1? If yes, call their reception and ask for Tarun's mobile (IIRC) the sales team leader for Brezza.

I had booked zdi on the day the car booking officialy opened and got delivery on the march month end.

My father recently took Brezza to manali and surprisingly was frustrated as he said due to the excessive turbo lag ( maybe coz its a new car) and he constantly had to drop down to 1st gear on inclines.

Have done about 2700 kms now. Hoping things improve as its doing fine in plains but the lag is more than that on my swift diesel.

Thanks

- Rishi
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 06:11   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
You get right of way in crowded places, nobody crosses you diagonally on a red light and that seating positing is awesome. Now will I have the same experience in a Brezza or Should I plonk in some more cash and think about picking up a S4/S6 scorpio cause for the money thats the toughest car I can only think of. The Innova I am driving has 150K on the odo and it still drives like a dream.
Hi Switch,
If you are looking for the road presence and getting the right of way, Vitara Brezza may not honour you. I have seen the Brezza on road behind me as well as ahead of me in traffic (Bangalore). The car looks much smaller than what it appears in photos. it's a good looking small SUVish look. Not much road presence.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 09:46   #367
BHPian

@Car_crazy1400 I have infact booked my car with Vipul Motors in Sec 63 Noida. It's also a ZDi. One of my close friends have had terrible experience with Rohan about a 10 years back of Rohan delivering a lemon Zen and then it was a huge tussel between them for almost six months. Rohan is one of the worst places to buy a car IMHO.

I drive a Swift D and I have driven it for almost 7 years and over 1Lac Kms so I am quite familiar with the turbo lag. The problem for me is not the turbo lag, rather I like my car with all the gadgets. The Breeza offers me that with a good driving position and is in my budget. No other car offers me this. My consideration for Scorpio is mainly because of the stance, driving position and build quality. I think interiors would be on par with Breeza, but the gadgets will go away with my budget. Also is Scorpio now available for sale in NCR. I believe the Supreme court ban on 2L+ engines is still in effect.
Old 2nd May 2016, 00:13   #368
BHPian

Windscreen cracked. Don't know how it happened. Something hit on road or stone pelted by someone. Have made an insurance claim. Will the replacement damage the car?
Old 2nd May 2016, 00:32   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Will the replacement damage the car?
Unless the technicians are careless with their tools etc, I don't see why it should damage your car. Just ensure that post fitment, the fit is good and pour water on it continuously for some time and inspect from inside to ensure that there are no leaks.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 2nd May 2016, 00:43   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Unless the technicians are careless with their tools etc, I don't see why it should damage your car. Just ensure that post fitment, the fit is good and pour water on it continuously for some time and inspect from inside to ensure that there are no leaks.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Will be done at the dealer. Don't know if part is available. Should I do the first servicing too? 550 on ODO.
Old 2nd May 2016, 01:08   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Will be done at the dealer. Don't know if part is available. Should I do the first servicing too? 550 on ODO.
What is the price of windshield? Is it worth to let NCB slip away for only windshield?
Old 2nd May 2016, 01:55   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Windscreen cracked. Don't know how it happened. Something hit on road or stone pelted by someone. Have made an insurance claim. Will the replacement damage the car?
It should not. Cracked windshield is much easier to deal with than a shattered one.

I've had the windshield of my car replaced in under an hour, all in front of me.

Just ensure that you do not pour water on it for a couple of days & do not use the wipers too. The bonding agent needs a few days to cure & doesn't require any leak-testing.
Old 2nd May 2016, 06:53   #373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OUCH, sad to hear about that. I would suggest not to claim insurance if you can pay for the windshield since you will loose your NCB plus you might have to wait longer for the claim to pass since it depends on when the surveyor shows up. Moreover you might end up paying a higher amount during the second renewal.

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd May 2016 at 13:17. Reason: Typos corrected. Please do consider using a spellchecker before posting.
Old 2nd May 2016, 11:48   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
OUCH, sad to hear about that. I would suggest not to claim insurance if you can pay for the windshield since you will loose your NCB plus you might have to wait longer for the claim to pass since it depends on when the surveyor shows up. Moreover you might end up paying a higher amount during the second renewal.
They already checked the vehicle. Paying myself would cost about 12k. How much is the no claim bonus amount?

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd May 2016 at 13:18. Reason: Quoted post corrected per the original, edited post.
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:19   #375
BHPian

Quote:
They already checked the vehicle. Paying myself would cost about 12k. How much is the no claim bonus amountk
Sad to learn about your loss.

My suggestion will be to get it done yourself. Maybe you can fish for better price but it will be worth not to waste NCB.

NCB is a long term benefit which you will reap for many years. Also if you are already at NCB in your new car the insurance premium next year will be more than what you paid this year.

Eg :- I will dwell upon my case.

I have got insurance for around Rs 17K for Brezza as i transferred my NCB (50%) from my old car (Ritz). Actual insurance without NCB would have been Rs 27 K (approx)

Now if i make a claim in first year i will loose NCB and insurance for next year will be more than 23 K.

SO it is better to get work done on your own and save NCB for future.

Most Viewed