Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2016, 14:13   #586
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Slip? Well, I've been wanting to upgrade my pedals, they are boring old and plane. Maybe they slip as they are new and mine were polished I'd cleaned em with the shampoo. I don't face issues with the pedals anymore and the distance between the pedals felt short, but have got used to it.
Yeah they are new. Just 1.1k done. 10year old WagonR pedals are having better grip. Got into real trouble once when I was in a traffic jam and the clutch slipped off my foot on a slope. The car stalled and had to scramble for the brakes. Any sporty pedals available as MGA upgrade?
Old 5th June 2016, 14:18   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Yeah they are new. Just 1.1k done. 10year old WagonR pedals are having better grip. Got into real trouble once when I was in a traffic jam and the clutch slipped off my foot on a slope. The car stalled and had to scramble for the brakes. Any sporty pedals available as MGA upgrade?
I didn't find the pedals high, but yes the pedals can be slippery at times. MGA does have sporty pedals, which cost Rs 295 if I remember correctly. I have them on my cars, and I find the grip decent.

Edit-Click to Open

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 5th June 2016 at 14:22.
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 06:51   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

A quick question to all, has anyone tried the handbrake on an incline to hold the vehicle stationary for a moment like when you are on a ramp? I found the handbrake to be wanting, it fails to hold the vehicle there and it rolls back/ forward. Or is it specific to my vehicle?

The rollback is slow, the handbrake holds but doesn't do well when I compare it to my Wagon R. At exactly same location, my Wagon R stays rock solid but Brezza moves a little.

Last edited by Aditya : 6th June 2016 at 13:30. Reason: As requested
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2016, 06:53   #589
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I found the handbrake to be wanting, it fails to hold the vehicle there and it rolls back/ forward. Or is it specific to my vehicle?
Check the handbrake adjustment and get it corrected.

Recheck post that.
Old 6th June 2016, 08:32   #590
BHPian

My car is always parked in an incline at my office. No such problems. But I can already feel minor rattling coming from the odometer area.
Old 6th June 2016, 12:22   #591

Quote:
A quick question to all, has anyone tried the handbrake on an incline to hold the vehicle stationary for a moment like when you are on a ramp? I found the handbrake to be wanting, it fails to hold the vehicle there and it rolls back/ forward. Or is it specific to my vehicle?
I agree to this. The handbrakes don't seem to be all that effective. Even on minor slopes, the car moves.
Old 6th June 2016, 13:46   #592
BHPian

Quote:

The rollback is slow, the handbrake holds but doesn't do well when I compare it to my Wagon R. At exactly same location, my Wagon R stays rock solid but Brezza moves a little.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunner1591 View Post
I agree to this. The handbrakes don't seem to be all that effective. Even on minor slopes, the car moves.
True that! The handbrake is a little flimsy and needs to be pulled hard for it to be effective. Get it checked and adjusted at the SC. Since so many of us are facing this issue, perhaps the factory dispatches are the point where they have not calibrated them well and added to it the SC are not rectifying it pre delivery!
Old 7th June 2016, 14:56   #593

I was thinking of sourcing an auto-dimming rear view mirror with a display for rear camera from aliexpress but, not able to identify which bracket would fit like the stock mirror. I've already installed an aftermarket camera with a mirror which is clipped onto the stock mirror. The quality is cheap and the mirror keeps vibrating even when the car is idle. MGA's auto dimming mirror alone costs 5.5k. So, this option seems more viable. Here's a pic of all the brackets available.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-scr.jpg

Could someone please help with this?
Old 7th June 2016, 16:00   #594
BANNED

Quote:
Here's a pic of all the brackets available.

Could someone please help with this?
Take a picture of the mirror mounting and part of here. Will help you out in getting the mount suitable.

Do check my DIY thread on Auto dimming IRVM installation for more idea.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 11:53   #595

Re: Exterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Yes, they're India friendly. No concerns if a biker side-swipes them:
Does this holds good for zdi variant as well or is it only for zdi+?
Old 8th June 2016, 14:23   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo3dmax View Post
Does this holds good for zdi variant as well or is it only for zdi+?

This works on My zdi variant also.

O.T -
Has any one seen or fitted the central armrest in their Brezza? (Non zdi+ variants only).

I have been looking for one, have had confirmation from a couple of dealers that it has been launched as an accessory by Maruti but isn't available anywhere.

All the 3 dealers I have contacted said that it would be available in a couple of days. That was last week. Same story today also.

Cheers.

-Rishi
Old 8th June 2016, 15:42   #597

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Take a picture of the mirror mounting and part of here. Will help you out in getting the mount suitable.

Do check my DIY thread on Auto dimming IRVM installation for more idea.
Here are some pics.
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_2803.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_2804.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_2805.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_2806.jpg

Your thread will certainly help me once I'm able to source the mirror with a proper bracket. Also, want to know are these mirrors worth ordering from aliexpress? How has your experience been overall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
This works on My zdi variant also.

O.T -
Has any one seen or fitted the central armrest in their Brezza? (Non zdi+ variants only).

I have been looking for one, have had confirmation from a couple of dealers that it has been launched as an accessory by Maruti but isn't available anywhere.

All the 3 dealers I have contacted said that it would be available in a couple of days. That was last week. Same story today also.

Cheers.

-Rishi
There are aftermarket options available. I came across one which was just a direct place-over the console types. No screws, nothing. If you want to take them off, just lift them from their place. Also, they were a little broader than the original one's in Zdi+ and they wouldn't slide either, though there was storage space. I was quoted Rs. 800 for the same. The MGA one has not arrived at the dealers yet.
Old 8th June 2016, 17:11   #598
BANNED

Quote:
Also, want to know are these mirrors worth ordering from aliexpress? How has your experience been overall?
Thank you Sir for the pictures but I need it post removing from the windshield. Can you try asking someone at ASC to remove it and then click pictures so that we can ascertain the right bracket.

I need the picture like this:
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-2.-oem-bracket.jpg

PS: I have already sent the supplier an email from where I bought my Auto-dimming IRVM for suggesting the right bracket. Will update as soon as I get any response.
Old 8th June 2016, 20:09   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Here are some pics.
Sir, Baleno Zeta has factory fitted ORVM, I had removed that to install ORVM with Camera display. Mounting Bracket from the list was Type 1 and I have seen that Baleno, S-Cross and Ciaz all three have the same mounting bracket and their external appearences(Baleno Delta and Sigma) are same as those in the pics posted by you. As Maruti shares parts across its model, it could be the same type for Vitara Brezza too.

For removing the mirror from windshield please refer Gannu_1 sir's DIY on VW Polo at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-km-up-33.html

Cheers !!
kashyapz8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 22:28   #600
BANNED

Quote:
Your thread will certainly help me once I'm able to source the mirror with a proper bracket.
Got a reply from the seller. It is Bracket No. 1.

Name:  ForumRunner_20160608_222709.png
Views: 6863
Size:  208.2 KB

Quote:
Also, want to know are these mirrors worth ordering from aliexpress? How has your experience been overall.
It's been reliable and working flawlessly since installation. No niggles or issues with AliExpress.

Just ensure you don't choose China Post as the shipping method. It is painfully slow.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks