Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2016, 12:33   #736
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Guys,

1) I have booked my Brezza Zdi on June 30th. I know it's way too far early to ask the dealer about the status of my car, But I am really excited to know the status. Is there any other way I can get to know the status if I have the booking ID?

2) Please help me with some ideas so that I can get my car as early as possible

Thanks a lot !
Old 5th July 2016, 13:05   #737
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramaero View Post
2) Please help me with some ideas so that I can get my car as early as possible.
Congratulations Sir on the booking.

Regarding knowing the status of the vehicle as on date, you'll have to visit the dealership and contact that Sales Manager. He'll let you know what it is in reality. IMO we mango people have no 'other' way to check what the status is.

All one can do is Wait Wait and Wait!!

This is one of the two worst periods that one has to go through in a vehicle ownership. The other being completing the 'Running-in' period.

During the purchase of my K10 AMT, I had to wait for 1.5 months. I used to call my sales manager every 3 days for updates.

Last edited by a4anurag : 5th July 2016 at 13:10.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 14:16   #738
BANNED

Quote:
Guys,

1) I have booked my Brezza Zdi on June 30th. I know it's way too far early to ask the dealer about the status of my car, But I am really excited to know the status. Is there any other way I can get to know the status if I have the booking ID?
What was the waiting period mentioned to you while booking??
Even if the above period is very low, i guess you are thinking about it very very very early. I have booked mine on 21st June and was given 42 weeks waiting time. however the SA said he will try from august. So just dont worry about it for 1-2 months i guess.
ysak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 14:32   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Congratulations Sir on the booking.

All one can do is Wait Wait and Wait!!

This is one of the two worst periods that one has to go through in a vehicle ownership.
You are right a4anurag .For me this is worst period that one has to go through during vehicle ownership. I know I am way far early, but let me also keep calling the sales guy once in 3 days so that he can understand the gravity of the situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
What was the waiting period mentioned to you while booking??
Even if the above period is very low, i guess you are thinking about it very very very early. I have booked mine on 21st June and was given 42 weeks waiting time. however the SA said he will try from august. So just dont worry about it for 1-2 months i guess.
ysak, the waiting period mentioned in the booking docket was 40 weeks. You are right that I am thinking about it very very very early. But man, I am really excited about it and not able to be in the ground state
Old 5th July 2016, 19:19   #740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
Is it possible to fit a smaller stubby antenna for the Brezza? Will it cause loss of signals? Also how does GPS gets its signals? Where is the receiver located?

I guess shark fin type antenna is only possible at the rear by drilling some holes. If so what could be done to hide the front antenna hole? A shark fin would have been a beautiful add on IMHO.

Hi, I too have the same query. The antenna looks too much out of place on a Brezza. Is there a modification available?
Old 6th July 2016, 00:22   #741
BHPian

I booked the Brezza on the 14th of June. My SA called me today and mentioned that as of 5th of July, cars are being dispatched for the bookings done on the 31st of March.

So my brezza is still a cool 2 1/2 months away, taking into consideration that the production has been ramped up.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 00:39   #742
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a close watch on a Brezza today evening in the dark. Honestly, the car just felt like a "hatch"! I was surprised and disappointed since it looks so nice in pics. I saw a Kwid last night, the kid blows the Brezza out of the water with it's styling & presence!
swiftnfurious is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 00:45   #743
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Had a close watch on a Brezza today evening in the dark. Honestly, the car just felt like a "hatch"! I was surprised and disappointed since it looks so nice in pics. I saw a Kwid last night, the kid blows the Brezza out of the water with it's styling & presence!
I had just opposite feeling about Brezza. Felt small in pictures and found it big in real.

ysak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 09:19   #744
BHPian

Quote:
Its definitely not dude... Brezza is really big when you see it from outside. When compared with kwid, I am sure brezza would look like an elephant standing next to a deer. with no offence, my guess is, Since it was dark, you might have seen some other car and mistook it for Brezza.
sriramaero is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 10:16   #745
BHPian

Quote:
I also checked the Brezza in close quarters at the dealership when I went for the service. It does not look as good as in the pictures. (Just the opposite scenario for S-Cross. None of the pictures do justice to the real stance of S-Cross in physical). Interior space of Brezza felt like a little cramped.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 13:29   #746
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Brezza is really big when you see it from outside. When compared with kwid, I am sure brezza would look like an elephant standing next to a deer. with no offence, my guess is, Since it was dark, you might have seen some other car and mistook it for Brezza.
1. I can distinguish all cars (except exotics) in India irrespective of the traffic / light conditions.

The Brezza might look bigger next to the Kwid - I was not talking about that; the street presence of a vehicle is judged in isolation. Again, am not too sure what do you mean by the "big from outside" statement, I was on the road when I assessed the size of Brezza. Now, please do take a look at the S-Cross and then talk me to about the size - I'd buy that argument.
Old 6th July 2016, 13:48   #747
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
I was on the road when I assessed the size of Brezza. Now, please do take a look at the S-Cross and then talk me to about the size - I'd buy that argument.
With all due respect, your previous comparison was with respect to Kwid.

And now, if it has to be compared with S-Cross, of course, the side profile of S-Cross will be always bigger than Brezza. We cannot compare a sub 4 meter compact SUV with a medium luxury hatch which is above 4 meters. The Brezza is slightly taller and wider than S-Cross lagging only in the length (S-Cross = 4300mm, Brezza = 3995mm).

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-marutivitarabrezzavsmarutiscross.jpg
sriramaero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 15:29   #748
BHPian

Quote:
With all due respect, your previous comparison was with respect to Kwid.
I think it is a misunderstanding. I do not think 'swintnfurious' was making a comparison between Brezza and Kwid in the first statement. He felt Brezza as a hatch when he saw it the previous evening. (No comparison here to Kwid).

The next statement may be a comparison when it comes to styling and presence and everyone have their right for their own opinion. (We all are included in the word 'their' )
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 15:44   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And now, if it has to be compared with S-Cross, of course, the side profile of S-Cross will be always bigger than Brezza. We cannot compare a sub 4 meter compact SUV with a medium luxury hatch which is above 4 meters.
Brezza is bigger than that.

That picture above is confusing and not up to scale. Check the wheels, both are riding on 16" wheels but the one on Brezza looks much smaller.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 15:48   #750
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With all due respect, your previous comparison was with respect to Kwid....
May I request you to read my (below quoted) post couple of more times, till you "see" what is written? I somehow can't manage to see any size comparison with the Kwid in my post, could you highlight it for me please?

Quote:
....I saw a Kwid last night, the kid blows the Brezza out of the water with it's styling & presence!
Quote:
...We cannot compare a sub 4 meter compact SUV with a medium luxury hatch which is above 4 meters...
You are right - the Brezza is a sub 4m vehicle which doesn't make it "really big" as you claim. A sub 4m is primarily close to the size of a B-segment hatchback and that's exactly how the Brezza feels visually (in terms of size). The styling is neutral again and road presence is nothing great.

Finally, you made a choice of a vehicle. Please be happy with the virtues you believe the vehicle has. People like me try to see a vehicle from a completely un-biased POV, which need not necessarily align with the (prospective) owners' view. It doesn't mean the vehicle is not great either.
swiftnfurious is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed