Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2016, 13:51   #826
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
In ZDi+ variant, is it possible to keep bull horn LEDs on during day time(i.e headlight is off) in auto mode of headlights by changing some setting through MID?

Though they are not bright, they look nice in cloudy weather or during dusk IMO.
Nope !
Even I was looking for such an option and went through all the options available in the User manual. There is no option to keep just the Bull Horm LED's ( Position Lights as they call it in the manual - LED for ZDI and 5W bulb in case of other variants) on in the Auto mode. There is just an option to adjust the light sensititvity for Auto Lights function.
Would have to do it manually by switching to the parking lights position which would also swich on the rear parking lights, lights on the rear number plate and illuminate the keys on the dash.
ashbhat2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2016, 11:27   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
Would have to do it manually by switching to the parking lights position which would also swich on the rear parking lights, lights on the rear number plate and illuminate the keys on the dash.
So 'Auto' headlamps are not completely 'auto' after all. Maruti struggled in selling 10L+ rupees car in the past because of these little annoying things IMO. Though they are improving, they have a long way to go.

They really need to make sure that their 10L+ offering doesn't start rattling only after 1500 odd kms. And that steering and those power window switches also don't belong there.

Other small yet irritating things:
  • Can hear AC compressor getting on/off inside the cabin.
  • Can hear the sound of Central locking system's motor when it unlocks all the doors.
  • Mood lights look very cheap during day time due to poor brightness (even if brightness is set to max)
  • Seat belt reminder doesn't turn off automatically at low speeds, not even if the car is running in the reverse gear. Reverse parking sensors become almost useless due to this.
  • HU on zdi+ doesn't remember the music on the paired device was paused when I left the car. When I enter into the car again, HU pairs with the device and starts playing music. Similar thing happens when I have muted FM before I got out of the car.
  • If the music is paused and I disconnect the paired device, FM automatically starts without mute.

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 5th August 2016 at 11:47.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2016, 23:32   #828
BHPian

Finally, took delivery of this car yesterday. Quite an upgrade from Ritz Zxi to Brezza Zdi+.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_5852.jpg  

Last edited by Paradox : 7th August 2016 at 23:39. Reason: Uploaded a better picture.
Paradox is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 19:44   #829
BHPian

Congratulations!!

Do you mind sharing how the ride and features compare with your old car Ritz. How well do Brezza ride over bad roads comparing to Ritz?
Old 9th August 2016, 09:15   #830
Distinguished - BHPian

The first 'stunning' Vitara Brezza lands in the office parking lot!

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-20160809_085019.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th August 2016 at 09:26.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 09:26   #831
BHPian

I am going to get the delivery of my ZDi Brezza this week. For people interested here is the price compare for that version in Pune. About 16K increase on road.

Old 9th August 2016, 11:05   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
Congratulations!!

Do you mind sharing how the ride and features compare with your old car Ritz. How well do Brezza ride over bad roads comparing to Ritz?
I don't know if the tyre pressures have changed but the ride quality has improved after initial use. It used to be bumpy at places where tarmac had thickness difference. Now can hear the dampner sounds and ride appears to be better.
anycatd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 11:53   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I don't know if the tyre pressures have changed but the ride quality has improved after initial use. It used to be bumpy at places where tarmac had thickness difference. Now can hear the dampner sounds and ride appears to be better.

I'm guessing the ride is overall in the comfort oriented rather than hard and sporty.

Also I think we need different Tyre pressures with full load and without load (driving solo or with only a couple of people etc.)
Old 9th August 2016, 16:17   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
I'm guessing the ride is overall in the comfort oriented rather than hard and sporty.

Also I think we need different Tyre pressures with full load and without load (driving solo or with only a couple of people etc.)
Its not comfort oriented for sure. It is more on the harder side than softer. They've tried to balance things.
anycatd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 18:21   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Its not comfort oriented for sure. It is more on the harder side than softer. They've tried to balance things.
Thank you very much.

Do you think rattles could be expected soon?

I know its still a little earlier to tell but will it be able to hold against squeaks and rattles.

Also does the cabin has better isolation from engine and outside noises?
Old 9th August 2016, 23:54   #836
BHPian

Initial Observations:

- I feel that the metal sheet used for overall build is very light. Eg., The doors feel very light, while opening or closing from the outside. However, Maruti did a trick of moving the door handle deep inside, so it gives an impression of a heavy door, while you lock it from inside. (Simple Physics)

- Cabin has better isolation from outside, but one could hear the Diesel Engine noise until it crosses 2000 RPM. (I upgraded from Petrol car, so maybe its just me :P)

- Never used the dead pedal before and having one in Brezza slightly annoys me. Sure I'll get adjusted to that.

- No leather-wrap on the steering wheel yet. Need to get one this weekend.

- Awesome view from the driver seat!

- Navigation Map is a huge let down. I'd prefer google maps anytime.

- Ride quality is better with 4 people in the car, but feels slightly sturdy when alone.

- Still trying to figure out Auto Wiper / Auto Headlamps
Paradox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 15:29   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Other small yet irritating things:
  • Can hear AC compressor getting on/off inside the cabin.
    ===========
  • If the music is paused and I disconnect the paired device, FM automatically starts without mute.
Adding one more thing to the list.
Wiper in 'Auto' mode doesn't wipe the windscreen even if there is water on the windscreen when I start the car. I need to do the first wipe manually on most the occasions (Miraculously it worked fine once).

Not sure the problem is common or specific to my car.
Old 10th August 2016, 19:00   #838
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wiper in 'Auto' mode doesn't wipe the windscreen even if there is water on the windscreen when I start the car. I need to do the first wipe manually on most the occasions (Miraculously it worked fine once).

It's clearly mentioned in manual what to do if it doesn't switch on. Hope this clears your doubt.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20160810_185707.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20160810_185734.jpg  

BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2016, 21:30   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
It's clearly mentioned in manual what to do if it doesn't switch on. Hope this clears your doubt.
Thanks for pointing it out. I really expect this to be done automatically. Again one of the little things, MS really need to work on for 10L+ rupees car.
Old 11th August 2016, 08:19   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There should be water atop the sensor on the windshield behind the inner rear view mirror, only then the auto wiper will be activated.

Normally when it rains the whole windshield including the area covered by the sensor gets wet and it works as expected. And if there are rain drops on the masked portion housing the sensor but the wiper is not engaging, you will have to increase the sensitivity of auto wiper.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks