Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2016, 16:28   #901
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

I have filled after 550 km - so the calculation by the full tank method is accurate.
Old 20th September 2016, 16:46   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
You might see it here on the international Vitara speculated to be launched through Nexa, but at a premium price
Yes - one option with the top international specs (I mean the whole hog including the invisible structural additions/pluses) even priced at a steep premium, will definitely have a surprising number of takers I feel. Especially if it is backed by a good ad campaign.
And that would set the ball rolling for the others to follow in the leader's footsteps.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 09:19   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
Saw an astonishing average of 25 kmpl by the tank-to-tank method - for my daily 12+12 km commute to office. I do come in and go early, before the rush hour - but this is great economy for a city runabout. So this kind of average is possible with steady driving. The MID shows an average of 20.4 - so the real figure seems to be much higher.
I rechecked my calculation (Excel formula) and realize it is 20.6 kmpl, so the MID is quite accurate. This is still quite excellent for in city driving in a city like Pune (I could not rationalize how it could be 25 myself)!
shajoshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 13:05   #904
BHPian

Booked MS Vitara Brezza ZDI on 5th September 2016 and the dealer quoted waiting period of 3 months.

Heard Maruti Suzuki dealers do not allow to take delivery of vehicles if insurance is not purchased through them. I am not planning to opt for the insurance the dealer is offering as it is much higher than the one quoted by the agent whom I have been dealing with for my previous vehicle. The dealer quoted Rs. 25,916/- for a Nil depreciation policy whereas my agent quoted Rs. 20,000/- for a Nil Depreciation Return to Invoice Cover. (Both quotes are without considering the NCB of 3 consecutive years I am eligible for).

There are incidents where the Maruti Suzuki dealerships insist on opting for Insurance from them. One of my friends booked ZDI+ at a dealership in Kottayam, Kerala and the dealer was not ready to deliver the car without taking insurance through them. He had to make a complaint to Maruti Suzuki and after running around for a few days somebody from MSIL called the dealer and instructed him to sell car, not insurance.
dudevarkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2016, 14:13   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
Booked MS Vitara Brezza ZDI on 5th September 2016 and the dealer quoted waiting period of 3 months.

Heard Maruti Suzuki dealers do not allow to take delivery of vehicles if insurance is not purchased through them..
Grab the contact number of your regional Maruti Office, and given them a call. You should be done in less than 60 seconds, they're pretty effective and efficient. Telling from personal experience with Maruti Vasant Kunj office.

Last edited by .anshuman : 21st September 2016 at 14:28. Reason: Typo fixed, Maruti instead of Maruit. Thanks
texens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 08:29   #906
BHPian

Delay Delay. On the 3rd of Sep, the dealer mentioned that all cars booked till 2nd June have been dispatched and your's which has been booked on 14th June shall be dispatched on the 18th Sep (fixed dispatch days for this dealer for Brezza). Come 19th Sep and the dealer mentioned that cars booked til 10th June have been dispatched.

I have called the TSM and he mentioned that he will call me today after checking. So now the next lot leaves on 3rd Oct reaching me not before 10th.
Old 22nd September 2016, 10:14   #907
Distinguished - BHPian

Condensation inside the headlights is one issue being reported by few people and I am one of those.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_7425.jpg  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 22nd September 2016 at 10:20.
Old 22nd September 2016, 15:04   #908
BHPian

Apologies for the late updates. Have been busy recently

5000 Kms 2nd Service Update - this was done on 9-Sep'16

In just about a little over 3 Months, my Brezza ZDI+ (Red + Black Top) touched the 5000 Kms mark. Time for the 2nd Free service.

I had a few niggles here and there; but as I mentioned earlier, that this for me was a True Upgrade from my 2008 Alto LXi and I extremely am pleased with my purchase.

Niggles Namely -
1. Brake pedal making sound (cheek- cheek type). No effect on the braking of the vehicle though.
2. Left ORVM was slower than the Right ORVM.
3. Heavy Rains resulted the left Wiper to be little off its alignment. Not sure if any one faced issues with wipers.
4. The center console had developed a gap, needed refitting.
5. AC when switched on, momentarily gave foul smell. This was due to the dirt and muck getting stuck in the heavy rains.
6. Rattles in the dashboard and Right side Window Glass
7. Touch Screen Entertainment unit needs update.

All the issues were addressed pretty well. The Break pedal noise (as suggested by fellow BHPians in the forum) is related to a switch that was replaced.
Music System upgrade is pending.

Reached the service center at 8:00 am in the morning. Requested if I can get the car in 2-3 hours; but due to shortage of Mechanics (On going Ganpati festival), I was given a time of 4:00 pm. Usually Andheri Sai Service sees a lot of rush and the time was ok with me. Car was spic-n-span when received.

My views, fantastic car to be in. Still find a lot of people staring when I pass through. Looks of the dual tone is miles ahead.Great Road Presence, good driveability, steering feedback is good, ride is pliant, seats 5 very comfortably and excellent mileage. At present the MID shows 18.1 kmpl and my calculations on a full tank method are 17.8 kmpl. This is daily office drive which involves 4 Kms on a highway. When I took it to Goa from Mumbai it gave me around 18.5 kmpl overall; but then the engine was pretty new. (Yes.. I took care that till 1000 Kms I do not exceed 2000rpm and till 3000 Kms 2300 rpm was max).

Once close to the 5000 Km mark, I wanted to just stretch her legs on an empty highway stretch. She pulled effortlessly till 120 Kmph. I held this speed for about a minute or so; and Brezza was flat and poised. Slowed down to 80 post that and continued.

Another addition to all the positives mentioned in the forum about Brezza is the visibility while driving in the Rains. This season it has just poured in Mumbai and with great tyres, high seating it is really easy to maneover the vehicle. Also thick tyres ensure that potholes are less interruptive than earlier. Though the tyres had their share of punctures; 2 nails at once. This was around the 4K mark. One thing that I noticed; the spare is a steel rim (which we all know). But it has a round yellow sticker pasted to it stating "do not Exceed 120 Km/h".

@BoneCollector - I too have faced the same issue of condensation on Headlamps. But mine is on the inside (towards the 'S' badge)

Few parting pics with some cars it is compared with.
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-wp_20160809_12_47_06_pro.jpg
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-wp_20160810_12_17_47_pro.jpg
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-wp_20160819_11_45_39_pro.jpg
Agnijit is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 14:46   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Condensation inside the headlights is one issue being reported by few people and I am one of those.
Have the same issue on my right headlamp
Checked with my cousin who's service manager in Bimal Maruti

A few cases have been reported
But Maruti feels it's alright & normal & has decided not to replace under warranty

Replacement was given for a few cars in the initial batch

But maruti has sent a circular saying that condensation is not abnormal & Dealers should not provide replacements
If done so, Maruthi won't honour it, dealer would have to bear it
Old 24th September 2016, 17:41   #910
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
But Maruti feels it's alright & normal & has decided not to replace under warranty

That is not how it works IMO. Condensation either in the tail lamps or headlamps is NOT normal at all.

How can Maruti even think it is Okay and not honour warranty. May be they are going the shortcut route to save expenses.

Wish someone can instill sense in these guys @ Maruti!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2016, 18:43   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
But maruti has sent a circular saying that condensation is not abnormal & Dealers should not provide replacements
How sad! MSIL needs to show more sense!
If it is a sealed and signed circular, can even think of suing MSIL for the negligence.
Old 25th September 2016, 13:23   #912
BHPian

This is how Maruti Vitara Brezza stacks up to Range Rover Evoque on the road.
Sorry for the poor photography, i could have been penalised as i was holding up the traffic.

The inspiration seems too much but yes the outcome is great even after reducing the length. What say guys ?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-rr_vb1.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-rr_vb2.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-vb_rr3.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-rr_vb4.jpg  

mountaineer is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 14:22   #913
Senior - BHPian

Brezza stacked up well against premium Evoque which costs almost 10 times more. I just love Brezza. Wish MUL had launched an AMT. How many Stingrays and WagonR AMTs does MUL sell anyway? They could have fitted those AMT unit to Brezza and then they would have given a formidable alternative to Creta AT buyers. Sometimes I think MUL is no different from other slow thinking and slower acting rival car companies.
Old 25th September 2016, 22:56   #914
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone who has got headlight assembly replaced under warranty due to condensation issues? I had a 200kms drive in 2 days and in rains, the headlight had good amount of condensation, right more than left. Anyone other than ZDi/ZDi+ variants getting the same issue?

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20160925_225142.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20160925_225220.jpg

By the way my initial ownership report is up and about.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rezza-zdi.html
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 08:59   #915
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Anyone who has got headlight assembly replaced under warranty due to condensation issues?
Shoot a mail to MUL with pictures and link of your post. Try to keep your communication in written and try not to entertain phone calls.

This is a manufacturing defect & MUL should proactively change the headlamp assembly.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed