Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2017, 17:33   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
After driving an S-Cross and Brezza, I'm feeling that Brezza is not built on the Suzuki global-C platform as that of S-Cross, but may be on an extended Swift platform. Can someone shed some light on it?
As per Maruti, Brezza is built on same Suzuki C platform like S-Cross and New Vitara. S-Cross and global Vitara are international products while Maruti has taken C platform as the base and developed Brezza in India.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-1457518211644.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2017, 18:17   #1112
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMind View Post
Thanks for your inputs. Rear seat comfort is an important parameter as the rear seat will be occupied on most of the outstation highway trips by 2 adults. As you recently test drove diesel i20 and also has driven the i20 active petrol, could you share your experience for both of them (i20 vs i20 active other than the high seating and petrol vs diesel forms)? Why i am getting inclined towards this even after booking the Brezza- The i20's are high on quality inside out, offer relatively more safety in terms of 6 airbags, has a bigger and better refined 1.4 engine at offers similar feature list, the only missing part being the pseudo SUV feel with better road presence where IMO Brezza scores well.
My wife complained about the incline of the backrests in Brezza. She felt it was too stiff like the WagonR and might not suite long travel. I would suggest you take your family members who occupy those seats to check for their comfort.

I didnt look at the feature list but I agree on the quality part. They look and feel much better than the Brezza. I test drove the i20 Diesel because the SA suggested driving that to get a feel of the 1.4 CRDI unit. I was looking for the Creta 1.4 and they didnt have a test drive vehicle.
Old 7th April 2017, 20:53   #1113
BHPian

Saw Brezza in Ooty, today morning. Fully camouflaged with full of tapes. Couldn't take pictures as the test vehicle just whizzed past. Could see only part of the tail lamp, which was different from the current one's.

I guess either it's facelift or with a different engine, since the rest of the Vehicle silhouette was similar.
Old 7th April 2017, 21:05   #1114
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post
Saw Brezza in Ooty, today morning. Fully camouflaged with full of tapes. Couldn't take pictures as the test vehicle just whizzed past. Could see only part of the tail lamp, which was different from the current one's.

I guess either it's facelift or with a different engine, since the rest of the Vehicle silhouette was similar.
It may not be Brezza, IMO. Even if it is a new engine, they won't change the tail lamps within one year of launch:
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-8b518c6803c52ee9a55c7c953630f003_555x416_1.jpg

May be the similar-looking Mahindra-Ssangyong Tivoli:
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-ssangyongtivoli.jpg
(Image sources: Gaadiwaadi and Motoroids)

Last edited by romeomidhun : 7th April 2017 at 21:08.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 21:29   #1115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
It may not be Brezza, IMO. Even if it is a new engine, they won't change the tail lamps within one year of launch:
Can be the upcoming Brezza Petrol under tests.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 21:16   #1116
BHPian

My brezza zdi+ is completing one year this month end. It's run 45,000kms so far and it's time now for a tyre change.
I guess the tread will last another 10k kms. It came factory fitted with Apollo Alnac 4GS 215/16/R16.

Need help from the tyre experts here, what's the best?

I'm looking at good tyre life, should be tough enough to take Indian roads, dry & wet grip, not exactly looking for comfort. I drive almost always on highways & occasionally on broken roads.

I was skeptical about the OE Apollo tyres and wanted to change after taking car delivery, but due to lack of options & pricey ones at that, decided to retain them. I was pleasantly surprised by the Apollo Alnac 4GS. They're are not great, but get the job done. I have done some high speeds & also driven them on horrible roads & they've performed well, just two punctures & no other problems.

So... My question is should I stick to Apollo Alnac 4GS or try Continental MC5 or Michelin 3ST?

Prices quoted in Bangalore for 215/16/R16
Apollo Alnac 4GS : ₹6500
Continental MC5 : ₹9000
Michelin 3ST : 9500

Note from Mod:

Post edited. Please use punctuation marks! Make sure you read the following thread and follow those guidelines in your upcoming posts :
LINK (Expected Posting Etiquette)

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th April 2017 at 18:23. Reason: Please see the note left at the end of your post.
Old 9th April 2017, 22:34   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
So
My question is should I stick to apollo alnac 4GS or try continental MC5 or Michelin 3ST

Prices quoted in bangalore for 215/16/R16
Apollo Alnac 4GS : ₹6500
Continental MC5 : ₹9000
Michelin 3ST : 9500
You can try CEAT Gripp LN series also. 215/60R16 is available in that series. It's a good tyre with reduced noise and better grip.
Rated for 95V (690Kg / 240KM/Hr)

Please note: Your quoted tyre size is not valid.

Last edited by Sree73 : 9th April 2017 at 22:36.
Old 9th April 2017, 22:37   #1118
BANNED

Quote:
My question is should I stick to apollo alnac 4GS or try continental MC5 or Michelin 3ST
Add Pirelli P7 to the list. They cost around 8400 per tyre.

Have heard good reviews about them so you can try them this time.
Old 13th April 2017, 16:23   #1119
BHPian

Replaced the stock steel spare wheel of my ZDi with an OEM Alloy Wheel that matches the 4 wheels on the road - price Rs 6990 at the dealer. There was a worry whether the alloy wheel will fit correctly in the boot. Happy to report that if you place it upside down (like the steel wheel), it fits correctly in the slot and can be secured by the original clamp provided as well. I wonder why Maruti does not give this spare alloy by default.

The only issue is that the tire valve goes on the back side - so will have to remove the wheel to check air pressure . Only solution for that is to over inflate the spare tire, so the need to check it often is not there. I also carry a small portable pressure gauge to correct the pressure, if the spare wheel needs to be replaced on account of a puncture.
shajoshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 16:37   #1120
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I'm looking at good tyre life, should be tough enough to take Indian roads, dry & wet grip, not exactly looking for comfort. I drive almost always on highways & occasionally on broken roads.
Yokohama Geolander A/TS.
Continental Cross Contact AT's
Both are available in 215/65R16 size.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 11:29   #1121
BANNED

Re: Engine

I got a chance to be in a Breeza at back seat. It was VDI+ model with 40k on odo.

On normal city road (not good not bad just normal), I noticed terrible suspension sound from rear when vehicle was under 40kmph speed. Between 40 to 50 kmph sound was less and beyond 50kmph speed the ride was silent. The sound was panic and it creates headache after 15 minutes.

After coming home I opened the Team-bhp official review and found that there was a clear mention about this in post no.6 para 6.

[/quote]The NVH package is strictly average, and you aren't aloof from the world outside or even the engine. The diesel's clatter can be heard at idle and on the move too, even if the air-con and music system are running. Within the city at low rpms, things are alright. As the rpm needle climbs, it's far from being whisper quiet. There is a fair amount of wind & road noise that filters into the cabin. [/quote]

Last edited by IN-RJ : 14th April 2017 at 11:31.
Old 16th April 2017, 22:59   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-RJ View Post
I got a chance to be in a Breeza at back seat. It was VDI+ model with 40k on odo.

On normal city road (not good not bad just normal), I noticed terrible suspension sound from rear when vehicle was under 40kmph speed. Between 40 to 50 kmph sound was less and beyond 50kmph speed the ride was silent. The sound was panic and it creates headache after 15 minutes.

After coming home I opened the Team-bhp official review and found that there was a clear mention about this in post no.6 para 6.

The NVH package is strictly average, and you aren't aloof from the world outside or even the engine. The diesel's clatter can be heard at idle and on the move too, even if the air-con and music system are running. Within the city at low rpms, things are alright. As the rpm needle climbs, it's far from being whisper quiet. There is a fair amount of wind & road noise that filters into the cabin. [/quote][/quote]

I don't know whether there was something wrong with the maintenance of the car or some other reasons for your above observations, which I find to be surprising.

My ZDi+ has done 8500 KMS on the Odo and I just completed a 1250 KMS road trip today in last 3 days from Gurgaon to Dalhousie and return. We were 4 of us and I drove all throughout. This was my 1st long trip in my 9 months old Brezza. After the trip I checked up with my 3 friends who shared the rear seat on rotation. They were extremely satisfied with the suspension. The NVH levels are very low inside the cabin even at speeds above 120 Km/hr for long stretches and even at some bad road patches from Dalhousie to Khajjiar. I have found the DDiS engine to be comparatively more silent than the engines of Skoda or Volkswagen or a Ford. However, this is my personal observation and others may disagree.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 13:14   #1123
BHPian

Does anybody has news about the speculated Brezza Diesel AMT launch? I am looking a compact SUV with A/T, and Brezza AMT would fit in perfectly. But, not sure what the plans are from Maruti.
Old 17th April 2017, 16:29   #1124
BHPian

Any updates about the Petrol version of brezza as well, which was speculated to be launched by this April. I like brezza and much interested to buy one. But my daily commute is only 4-5 kms (one way). Occassionaly there would be trips of around 350 kms (one way) once or twice in gap of 6 months. So a diesel vehicle doesn't seems viable to me and hence waiting for the petrol version.

I own a santro now and the seating suits best for my height. Due to the pathetic experience with Hyundai ASC, it's a strict "No" to Hyundai and looking only maruthi vehicles. After test drive of Wagon R, Celerio, Baleno and Brezza, i opt for brezza because of the seating comfort similar to santro.

Sicne there are no news about the petrol version, i am in a confsion whether to wait or not.
Old 20th April 2017, 14:36   #1125
BHPian

My cousin is considering the Brezza. Would like to know what the regular service costs are like for the Brezza.

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks