Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 19:15   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
150NM would be the peak torque. Torque curve of 1.0L BoosterJet would be different than 1.5/1.6 NA engines. Brezza might struggle at lower rpms due to turbo lag.
Why not K14 engine as immediate solution? It produces 130Nm of torque, may be enough for Brezza. It may not be excellent but not bad as well. I am using petrol ertiga 2016 model and with 5 people onboard the pickup and FE is decent.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 20:11   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Why not K14 engine as immediate solution? It produces 130Nm of torque, may be enough for Brezza. It may not be excellent but not bad as well. I am using petrol ertiga 2016 model and with 5 people onboard the pickup and FE is decent.
Another consideration was the lower tax rate foe cars under 4M and under 1.2L petrol.

The K14 would fall in a higher tax bracket and Ultimately end up as costly as the diesel option.
ts1506 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 20:35   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
Another consideration was the lower tax rate foe cars under 4M and under 1.2L petrol.

The K14 would fall in a higher tax bracket and Ultimately end up as costly as the diesel option.
In that case Maruti has only K12 engine which is not good for Brezza. It may face same issue of low power as Honda WRV or Hyundai i20 active. Anyways Maruri does not have any other petrol engine than K12. I am not hoping to see brezza petrol in near future then
Old 19th October 2017, 18:50   #1249
BHPian

I have completed 1500 kms on my Brezza till now. The first service was done at 50 kms on odometer since the entire month was inauspicious and my parents insisted on not to drive during the month. I am planning to take the car for a road trip and wanted to know if I need to change the engine oil now? When enquired at Surakshaa I was told that engine oil will be changed at 3rd service and no need to change it now. I don't have much experience with cars but on two wheeler, I used to change engine oil completely after he running in period. Can anyone advise me on this?

Thanks,
Krishna
Old 19th October 2017, 19:31   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevanur View Post
I have completed 1500 kms on my Brezza till now. The first service was done at 50 kms on odometer since the entire month was inauspicious and my parents insisted on not to drive during the month. I am planning to take the car for a road trip and wanted to know if I need to change the engine oil now? When enquired at Surakshaa I was told that engine oil will be changed at 3rd service and no need to change it now. I don't have much experience with cars but on two wheeler, I used to change engine oil completely after he running in period. Can anyone advise me on this?

Thanks,
Krishna
Yup, engine oil would be changed during the third service as per MS guidelines. Some folks change immediately it after run in however I suggest you shouldn't even give it a thought unless you plan to drive the car overs a lakh kilometres
bhavik.1991 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 23:14   #1251
Distinguished - BHPian

Some new accessories for Brezza launched.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-capture.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-capture2.jpg

2_Vitara_Brezza_Acc_Brochure.pdf
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th October 2017, 14:33   #1252
BHPian

The only reason there is no petrol option on offer is because there is a huge waiting period for the diesel variant. There's no point in investing in testing/R&D when they can just make more of the same and sell it.
Old 11th November 2017, 18:28   #1253
BHPian

Got my car back from the 20000/2yrs kms. Service cost was 7300+ INR. There was no major issue and the cost just includes period maintainance stuffs. Will post the invoice when I will login from web. (Android app doesn't upload images for some reason)

Maruti service and spear parts are cheap is definitely a myth now. Per kilometer service cost is on par with D segment German, VW Jetta!!!!

After the service, I took the car out during night the next day and found driver side Fog lamp is not working. It was stupid of me to NOT to check all type of lights after the service. It wasn't done during preparing job sheet either so I am not sure whether something went wrong during service or it gave up on its own.

I contacted my SA and he quoted 600 INR plus taxes for the fog lamp bulb. ( No physical damage is there) He also mentioned that it doesn't get covered under warranty.

So I guess Three key points that pull masses towards doesn't hold true anymore.

1) Marutis are cheap to maintain. (Service and spare parts)
2) Marutis are reliable.
3) Maruti provides great ASS. (will post more details about the service with the invoice)

Anyway, can someone please advice me about what I should do with the fog lamp? Should I pay the amount or ask Maruti about poor reliability or look for non-Maruti lamps?
Old 11th November 2017, 20:54   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Heard a news of Brezza Petrol display with 1.0 Turbo Petrol engine in the auto expo 2018. Is that true?
Just test drove old ecosport petrol today since the new facelift was not available for test drive. I found it good with stability and overall very solid appearance in all respect. Will the petrol brezza be really competing with this ecosport if at all they will launch? I am very much impressed with the look and feel of this ford. I hope to see something very cool from Maruti now.

Quote:
1) Marutis are cheap to maintain. (Service and spare parts)
2) Marutis are reliable.
3) Maruti provides great ASS. (will post more details about the service with the invoice)
Agreed. Only advantage is of availability of spares quickly and number of service centers wherever you need. Otherwise it is no different than others.

Quote:
Anyway, can someone please advice me about what I should do with the fog lamp? Should I pay the amount or ask Maruti about poor reliability or look for non-Maruti lamps?
Lamps under warranty? I doubt since they are from other manufacturers, Maruti will charge you for that. I have replaced some lamps for my estilo but they were charged for sure. But you are right, it is bit early for a fused lamp.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th November 2017 at 10:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2017, 01:41   #1255
BHPian

Quote:
Got my car back from the 20000/2yrs kms. Service cost was 7300+ INR. There was no major issue and the cost just includes period maintainance stuffs. Will post the invoice when I will login from web. (Android app doesn't upload images for some reason)
I can understand the frustration you must be experiencing. Having lived with 3 Marutis in my garage for last 14 years, here are some handy tips:

1. Be precise about what your car needs in 10k periodic maintenance. Maruti terms 10k/30k/50k as minor service and 20k/40k/60k as major. But what really inflates the bills are typical service items that are not needed like engine decarbonisation etc. So be as explicit as possible with respect to the service items that are needed for the car. Get tire realignment and balancing outside.

2.Get the fog lamp checked outside. It can be a loose connection also. I have had my share of issues with fog lamp which is a shared part across plethora of Maruti cars. Even if the fog lamp has conked off, the cost of the bulb is cheaper outside. Should be under 150 rupees.

3. It depends how you see and perceive reliability. A bulb getting conked off is probably an overkill for measuring reliability - of course, it's still not something that is expected . Having said that, Maruti is definitely not the cheapest to maintain. I have learnt it over a period of time how to stay out of unnecessary service items and I am happy with all 3 petrol cars in my garage. Just to give you a fair idea, I just spent 2400 rupees for 70k service on dzire.

Good luck and keep munching miles

Last edited by ampere : 14th November 2017 at 21:40. Reason: spacing for better readability; Trimmed quoted post
headbanger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 16:56   #1256
Distinguished - BHPian

Petes has remapped a Vitara Brezza. Quoting from a Cartoq article:

Quote:
Pete’s of Kochi has remapped the diesel powered Maruti Vitara Brezza. While the stock version of the compact SUV produces 89 Bhp-200 Nm from its 1.3 liter turbo diesel engine, the remapped version outputs 115 Bhp-255 Nm, making it the most powerful Vitara Brezza in India.
This gives owners two choices. Petes and Wolf remap as well. However, switchable maps are NOT available with petes unlike Wolf remap for the 1.3 MJD IIRC.

Source: http://www.cartoq.com/this-is-indias...a-compact-suv/

Regards,
Vishy

Last edited by vishy76 : 14th November 2017 at 16:59.
Old 14th November 2017, 21:22   #1257
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
This gives owners two choices. Petes and Wolf remap as well. However, switchable maps are NOT available with petes unlike Wolf remap for the 1.3 MJD IIRC.
2 choices? There are so many tuners in India and all should be able to remap Brezza . It's our 1.3 National engine and regular remap is available from everyone. Switchable maps coding in ECU software is exclusive by Wolf Moto.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th November 2017, 10:38   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Pete's tuned VB has 255NM whilst the GT Tunerz who did the remap back in May 2017, managed to bump the power figures up by 26bhp and torque up by 50nm. There's hardly 5NM difference between the tuners.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 6424
Size:  479.6 KB

Source: FB
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:16   #1259
Distinguished - BHPian

BMC Air Filter :
BMC High Performance Air Filter Now Available For Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza!
Part Code: FB975/20
MRP : 6990/-
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-fb_img_1511433820549.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...86144224783969
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 09:45   #1260
BHPian

The manual says that the recommended tyre pressure is listed on driver's door lock pillar, but, I couldn't locate it. Can anyone please mind telling me where to locate this info?

Most Viewed