Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
. However, I had thought about the following 3 options -
1. Housing from Aliexpress and bulbs + ballast locally
2. Housing + bulbs from Aliexpress and ballast locally
3. Everything from Aliexpress.
My friend in Kochi got the complete set from a single seller. I will post the link from which he purchased. It is actually 2.5 inch projector in this kit, but he messaged the seller to give him 3 inch and it was done easily.

This is what he got
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img20171221wa0003.jpg
Total cost : ~7000 (no customs charged, billed for lesser amount). The lizard is not part of the kit, it was a surprise gift

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/326842...dp2Kq#autostay

He has already installed it in his S-Cross from a local guy and paid Rs. 500

This is the actual link for Sinolyn 3 Inch fog projectors. Bulbs are optional in this kit. Ballasts are not included.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/327447...ea6JA#autostay

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 23rd December 2017 at 00:18.
Dr.Naren is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 00:37   #1277
BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Just did a 600 Kms short weekend trip from Gurgaon to Nahan and returned back this evening. On my way back from Nahan to Gurgaon on NH1 (between Karnal to Panipat) at about 4 PM a street dog ran across and jumped pass the divider to cross the highway. Unfortunately, it came in front of my Brezza and hit the middle of the bumper and I could not save it. Possibly it was on a suicide mission. Nevertheless felt very bad about not being able to save it.

I saw on my ORVM that a small piece of the bumper broken on the road. The car was at about 90-95 kmph on the middle lane. As there were several cars behind me in the same lane as well as other lanes doing almost same speeds, sudden braking would have risked a chance of another car rear ending. Sudden lane change would also have been risky.

We stopped after about 10 minutes when I checked the bumper and found a small portion of the mesh grille broken and the under body plastic scratch protector also broken leading to a clattering sound when the engine is idle, but manageable. I also checked if everything was fine under the bonnet and it appeared to be fine. After driving for few hours including 1 hour in heavy traffic before entering Delhi (between Sonipat and Delhi border), I saw the engine temperature warning signal on with the temperature bar rising every Km. Due to heavy traffic, I could not stop the car until we reached a petrol pump by which time the bar had reached the maximum position. In the meanwhile, I had switched off the AC and turned off the car as soon as I parked it at the petrol pump. Opened the bonnet and allowed about 15 minutes to cool off. Checked the owner's manual, checked coolant level for leakage and any damage in other parts, but everything appeared to be fine. I could not find any reason for overheating except for correlating it with temporary overheating which was mentioned in the manual and followed the directions to wait till the engine cools on its own. I also found a possible reason that was mentioned in the manual as problem with water pump belt but could not co-relate

I checked the ignition after waiting for 30 minutes or so and the temperature level was normal. I decided to slowly return home by maintaining speeds below 80 kmph and keeping the AC off. The temperature bar was normal all throughout until we reached home. I also tried doing speeds above 80 kmph, switching on the AC from Delhi to Gurgaon, etc but it was normal as if the overheating signal had never shown.

Planning to take it to the service centre tomorrow to sort out the bumper and also try to find out the reason for the overheating light. Has anyone had a similar experience? Can you please indicate what could be the possible reason? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jbpanda : 26th December 2017 at 00:46.
Old 26th December 2017, 07:13   #1278
BHPian

When I hit a dog in a similar manner in my 1st generation figo, it resulted in radiator and Ac condenser damage. The coolant started leaking and the reservoir got emptied in every 7-8 kms. Kept stopping and pouring water until I reached service center 100 kms away.

Get your car checked thoroughly for any kind of coolant leakage.
Old 28th December 2017, 00:30   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Get your car checked thoroughly for any kind of coolant leakage.

Thank you. In fact, I visited the service centre (Rana Motors, Gurgaon) on 26 December 2017 and the damage on the inside appears to be much more than what it appeared from the outside. The condenser unit is bent and radiator fan broken apart from broken pieces of the mesh grille on the bumper and under body scratch protector.

According to the SA, the broken piece of radiator fan could have blocked/ obstructed its free rotation initially when the car was getting overheated. The estimate given was about ₹20,000.00 and accordingly I was advised to get it repaired under insurance, which I agreed. The car is expected to be returned after the repairs on or before 31 December 2017 and estimated expenses from my end is ₹1900.00. Will update once I get back the car.
Old 1st January 2018, 13:02   #1280
BHPian

Finally got my car back on 30 December 2017. The damage was in fact much more. The significant parts that were replaced were the Radiator Unit, Condenser Unit and the Front Bumper. The total bill came out to be ₹31,000.00 (approximately) and I had to pay ₹3200.00 and the rest covered under the comprehensive insurance. Drove the car for about 20-25 kms after taking delivery and it's running perfectly fine. This was the first time I made a claim from the insurance and in hindsight appears to be a good decision.
jbpanda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 12:58   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Frist warranty claim for my MS Vitara Brezza.

After 500 Km, I felt that there was some "bhup bhup" noise from the rear left shock Absorber. It was only from left suspension. Some friends sitting in the rear seat complained that the left rear seat is not comfortable on bad patches.

I visited MASS, one of the SAs from workshop came with me for a test drive. He concluded that there was no issue with Shock Absorber, the noise was because of the loose spare wheel. He tightened up the spare wheel.

I used my car for one more day, that annoying noise was still there. Next day I approached GM- MS Workshop. I asked him to drive alone and check the noise. He took a small test drive on a bad patch. He was convinced that there was some odd noise from Left shock absorber.

They checked my car on priority and came up with the issue of a faulty rear shock absorber. GM told me that they will replace it under warranty. I remained present to see the replacement of shock absorber assembly. The part was replaced. GM, Workshop himself took a test drive and confirmed that it’s ok now. I checked it, the issue was solved.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-warranty.jpg  

SJM1214 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 10:23   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post

I am thinking to tackle this issue by pasting felt lining in all storage compartment like this.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-do...mpartment.html
Quote:
Likes and Dislikes of my MS Vitara Brezza after 20days/750Kms.

Dislikes:

• Rattling noise from Parcel tray, a flask in bottle holder, some coins in the ashtray, sunglasses in sunglass holder etc.
I tried to do something by myself to tackle the issue of rattling noise. I am not at all a DIY person. This was my first DIY project.

Items Purchased:
1. Felt lining material. Rs.100/- Per Sq. ft.
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-material.jpg

2. 500 Ml Fevicol SR 505 Synthetic Rubber Adhesive & Brush. Rs. 150/-
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-fevicol.jpg

This the result of my first DIY on MS Vitara Brezza.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-fa.jpg
Cupholder near front armrest.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-fa1.jpg
Both Glove boxes.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-fa2.jpg
Rear door bottle holder.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-fa3.jpg
Front door bottle holder.
SJM1214 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 21:56   #1283
BHPian

Any idea what are the current waiting periods in Mumbai ? This car seems to be selling like hot cakes. Last I heard was 14 weeks.
Old 12th January 2018, 07:26   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Any idea what are the current waiting periods in Mumbai ? This car seems to be selling like hot cakes. Last I heard was 14 weeks.

Waiting period of MS Vitara Brezza was 21 week around OCT 2017. MS's Gujarat plan eased the pressure at Manesar plan and waiting period is decreased to 8 to 14 weeks. Current waiting period is 8 weeks.
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 14:46   #1285
BHPian

After a few minor niggles here & there during two years of ownership, I have started facing not-so minor issue. Bhpians input will be much appreciated.

Accelerator pedal stops working intermittently . Let me elaborate.

Let's say I am driving at ~40kmph in 3rd gear with slight tap on accelerator. Out of nowhere, fuel supply is cut to the engine & it behaves as if I have lifted my foot from the accelerator. It is not specific to any gear as I have experienced it in 2nd,3rd & 4th gears so far (Car remains slotted in these gears 80% of time during my daily drive).
I experienced it for the first time during a tight overtaking manoeuvre, I was going at 1200 rpm in 3rd, shifted to 2nd for the overtake, floored the pedal & was waiting for the turbo to spool in its full glory & make me grin but I was absolutely shocked once the engine reached approx 1900 rpm. It gave up on me as if I lifted my foot from the accelerator. Fortunately, there was no other vehicle behind the one I was overtaking, I break-ed hard & went behind the slow moving vehicle. Everything was normal after this close escape. I tapped the accelerator gently & the car responded.

Yesterday, it happened once again under way better circumstances. I was cruising at approx 45kmph (4th gear) on an empty stretch & the accelerator gave up on me. This time I didn't lift my foot but pressed it a little bit more. Nothing happened... a little more, still nothing. I floored the pedal, still nothing! I lifted my foot from the accelerator & tap the accelerator back gently in a micro second, it behaved as expected & things went back to the normal!
Experienced similar behavior once more so it can be concluded if the accelerator pedal gives up, I need to lift my foot & tap it once again to get it going.

One more thing, I am not sure whether it is related to this accelerator pedal issue. Couple of days back, break lights were still lit after I parked my car. I went behind the car & tail light housing was quite hot (The lights must have on for a while). I unlocked the car, pressed the break pedal (without starting the car) & voila the lights went off. I played with a little bit more yesterday& concluded that break pedal doesn't come all the way back after I release it hence the issue.

I checked the floor mats & it wasn't interfering with any of the pedals. Moreover, I have been using the same mats for couple of years. I also checked A & B pedals for anything unusual (in the dark with my hands) but couldn't find anything.

Can anyone think of any probable cause for the accelerator issue? My experience with MASS has been nothing short for horrible so far, so I can't count much on them (need to try a new workshop this time). Also, the warranty expires in April, does this issue warrant the need of an extended warranty?
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 16:11   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
After a few minor niggles here & there during two years of ownership, I have started facing not-so minor issue. Bhpians input will be much appreciated.

Accelerator pedal stops working intermittently . Let me elaborate.
This is very scary and life threatening too . This would be the last thing i could every imagine happening to anyone while driving. I would strongly suggest to send an email to Maruti head office / customer care and ask for urgent attention. My experience with them has been very much positive and hope you will also get a similar after sales support. Good Luck and please share what exactly was the problem diagnosed. Thanks.
Ashdel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 11:44   #1287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Accelerator pedal stops working intermittently
Frist, I thought that this is an issue related to that famous turbo lag in MS Vitara Breeza, after reading your entire post, I think it's a car (your) specific issue. I enquired and discussed your issue with other MS Vitara Breeza owners at ClubBreeza, none of them faced this kind of strange issue.

Any recent update on this issue?
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 13:03   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Frist, I thought that this is an issue related to that famous turbo lag in MS Vitara Breeza, after reading your entire post, I think it's a car (your) specific issue. I enquired and discussed your issue with other MS Vitara Breeza owners at ClubBreeza, none of them faced this kind of strange issue.

Any recent update on this issue?
I haven't brought the car to MASS yet because I don't have enough information about the behavior yet to make them work. I am sure it would be a total waste of my time. Contradictory to popular opinions, my experience with MASS has been horrible so far.

Coming back to the issue, as you said it's not turbo lag for sure. I have been driving 1.3 MJD for 8 years now ( Previously owned Swift Dzire 1st gen with terrible turbo lag). The frequency of the occurrence has been reduced dramatically. I only faced it yesterday after going 5-6 days without an issue. As the car is only used inside the city and I am aware about this temporary 'limitation' of the car, I drive car carefully and will wait to gather more information using first hand experience(s).

Also I have removed floor mat for the driver today morning, just to be sure that it is not the culprit. Let's see how it goes.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 21:29   #1289

Hey fellas,
Let me summarize my little cliché, layman car-search.

My budget was around 9 lakhs to 10 lakhs, the lower the better.

My monthy run is about 1500 km, partly city and partly highway.

I wanted a car to seat four which gave me standard safety kit, decent mileage and a comfortable ride with big car looks and bother-free after sales-service and a was pleasure to drive..tall ask, but i was on the search.

I conveniently left out the sedans and the hatch backs as they did not have the snob-value or the big car feel. I was heavily tempted by the new generation of dzire but closely stuck to my initial primary interests.

A few days into this fray, i gradually concluded that i had to make a compromise on any one of my longings as such a unique car of my liking has not been made yet. Soon i found myself prioritizing the needs in my new car and with some mild distress, taking into consideration my current not-so-flair financial-status and family-limitations, i did leave my driving-pleasure penchant to the last.( n b - i currently drive around in a first gen figo)

Thus compact-diesel-SUV was the niche where i had my money in and there were only five real competitors. In almost all shoot outs by car experts this was the order of picking – ECOSPORT>NEXON>WRV>BREZZA>TUV 300.

ECOSPORT was my first choice as it ticked most boxes but i left it out as the Ford motor company sales a hovered around three percent in India and i was reminded of Chevrolet disowning its customers. The back seat was not that wide either and it was on the outer spectrum of my budget.

NEXON had some very minor quality niggles and she looked like a bloated up hatchback albeit being very stylish and fun to drive. Neither did Tata after-sales-service help nor did the 6 percent market share of TATA, but TATA cannot leave India, right?

WRV never really was my choice as it was in reality a JAZZ-CROSS and was way more expensive.

TUV 300..i took a little time to think over this unique offering from Mahindra..it almost bore everything i wanted..i had felt like i hit the purple patch of this car search until i drove the 84 bhp slug. Oh boy..it does not impress..more over just a three cylinder pot and the 100hp 7 seater crossed my budget line.

Then came BREZZA..everything that i wanted sans driving pleasure. Phew..i had to go with it this time. Though i was not a big fan of MARUTI and its policies towards Indian customers, i am now honeypotted..loving it!

NB - i don’t like S-CROSS’ looks,period.

Cheers,
theREDcamero.
Old 2nd March 2018, 00:57   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theREDcamero View Post
Then came BREZZA..everything that i wanted sans driving pleasure. Phew..i had to go with it this time. Though i was not a big fan of MARUTI and its policies towards Indian customers, i am now honeypotted..loving it!

Brezza indeed would tick most of the requirement of a typical Indian customer. Though looks are subjective, it appeals to the majority because of its stance, road presence and overall reliability. It comfortably sits 3 healthy adults in the rear. It provides excellent visibility all round and the big wide 16" deal with most of the roads pretty well. Initial turbo lag is a known aspect for the 1.3 DDiS engine below 1500 RPM, thereafter the turbo kicks in and it is brilliant to drive. Even at high speeds it's quite stable. AC is very effective even in extreme summers. The top end is feature loaded. In terms of mileage, no car in its segment comes close.

Therefore, I don't quite agree with you when you say it is sans driving pleasure. I have been driving one since last 1.5 years and don't feel that it lacks driving pleasure. Of course, it can't be said to be an enthusiasts car like a Abarth or a GT TSi around the same range, but it is not meant to be so as well. It really does well what it is meant to do.
jbpanda is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks