Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2018, 15:32   #1321
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Fortunately, Spare parts store manager was aware of 0W-40 and assured me that he"ll arrange it from their warehouse. He added that very few customers ask for synthetic oil.
That would be Mobil 1 Full synthetic 0W40. Maruti does have them in stock. Last time I asked the SVC for my Scross 1.6 and they flatly refused to use it since Maruti has strictly advised no other oils to be used on the 1.6 other than the recommended (0W30).
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2018, 10:48   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
That would be Mobil 1 Full synthetic 0W40. Maruti does have them in stock..
I wanted to go for Servo Futura Synth 0W-40. Which is approved by MSIL but that was not in stock with MS workshop in my hometown Anand. As per workshop manager, I was the first customer who asked for a specific oil. This is common in small-town workshops.

Last edited by SJM1214 : 5th April 2018 at 10:57. Reason: Minor Change.
Old 5th April 2018, 10:52   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
I wanted to go for Servo Futura Synth 0W-40. Which is approved by MSIL but that was not in stock with MS workshop in my hometown Anand.As per workshop manager, I was the first customer who asked for a specific oil. This is common in small-town workshops.
I would bank on Mobil any day eyes closed. As per my experience the best full synthetic engine oil for Diesels that I have used is the Mobil Delvac 1 full synthetic, especially for the 1.3 MJD.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 5th April 2018 at 10:53.
Old 7th April 2018, 13:41   #1324
Senior - BHPian

As per communicated by my local Dealer's SA, MSIL is going to discontinue MS Brezza's LDI and VDI models. LDI and VDI variants used to be with only one (driver) airbag and without ABS & EBD. MSIL instructed all their dealers not to take any booking of LDI and VDI variants. IMHO, this is a good move, now all the variants of MS Brezza will be equipped with two airbags and ABS & EBD.

Last edited by SJM1214 : 7th April 2018 at 13:51. Reason: Title Removed.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 06:45   #1325
BHPian

Hi All, I am planning to book my Brezza in Yellow colour - zdi+. what is the current waiting period in pune? I was quoted 14 weeks. I had gone yesterday to book the car but Sai Service hinjewadi was forcing me to get some package (design +coating) as "they are not supposed to take any booking from customers without this package as per policy from maruti". I politely yet firmly, told him that I know all the shenanigans and I don't want the package. They obliged after some hustle. Next was that I wanted to get the insurance done from outside and they have asked me to come back today as they had to take approval from maruti from this.

They are constantly saying that my booking would be last on priority as I am not using the package and would need to wait for long time. I am okay on waiting but I would not spend a single rupee on this I don't want. what is your opinion on this?
Old 10th April 2018, 06:49   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSaint View Post
Hi All, I am planning to book my Brezza in Yellow colour - zdi+. what is the current waiting period in pune? I was quoted 14 weeks. I had gone yesterday to book the car but Sai Service hinjewadi was forcing me to get some package (design +coating) as "they are not supposed to take any booking from customers without this package as per policy from maruti". I politely yet firmly, told him that I know all the shenanigans and I don't want the package. They obliged after some hustle. Next was that I wanted to get the insurance done from outside and they have asked me to come back today as they had to take approval from maruti from this.

They are constantly saying that my booking would be last on priority as I am not using the package and would need to wait for long time. I am okay on waiting but I would not spend a single rupee on this I don't want. what is your opinion on this?
Please shoot a mail to Maruti. All these years I have bought Maruti cars from Sai SERVICE and it has always been a good experience. Sad to see the dealers stoop so low. Maruti is known to have a tight leash on their dealers. Please take this up with Maruti. Why don't you try other dealers , my car or Chowgule Industries .

Last edited by rakesh_r : 10th April 2018 at 06:52.
Old 10th April 2018, 06:56   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti is known to have a tight leash on their dealers. Please take this up with Maruti and there are other dealers too .
Thanks Rakesh. My experience has also been very good but this is the first instance. I would go and check again today and if the problem persists, I would shoot a mail. I also told my wife that had I been buying an Isuzu or Renault car, I would have got a little worried but being a maruti, I can just drive another 2 kms and find another maruti showroom that would take my booking.
Old 10th April 2018, 09:25   #1328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sai Service hinjewadi was forcing me to get some package (design +coating) as "they are not supposed to take any booking from customers without this package as per policy from maruti".
This a common practice of MS dealers in C-grade towns. They always say that extended warranty, accessory package and underbody rubber coating is mandatory. In fact, their quotation is always including these. That is a very bad practice and it's strange to see that dealers in a big city like Pune also use this kind of gimmicks.

If you are going to visit the dealer again, I suggest to carry a Team-BHP keychain with you and flaunt it around in the showroom. They will not try to do that again.
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2018, 14:34   #1329
BHPian

Completing 2 years this April. Need to consider my insurance options any suggestions? On IDV and the deals that you guys you squeeze in?
Old 11th April 2018, 10:47   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Really? After how many kilometers? Does suspension have break in time like engine? Anyone else felt the same?
I had posted this quite a long time back. I think it was more to do with abnormal tire pressures(Were above 40psi) than suspension break in.

Quote:
That would be Mobil 1 Full synthetic 0W40. Maruti does have them in stock. Last time I asked the SVC for my Scross 1.6 and they flatly refused to use it since Maruti has strictly advised no other oils to be used on the 1.6 other than the recommended (0W30).
I've used 0w40 Mobil1 before. Definitely can feel the difference initially on startup, the engine sounds different too. Can't tell how much difference it makes unless I put Magnatec 5w30 again. Having trouble sourcing Mobil1 again locally as the works manager at my dealer resigned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Completing 2 years this April. Need to consider my insurance options any suggestions? On IDV and the deals that you guys you squeeze in?
IDV is down to somewhere around 6 lakhs(Could I have asked for more? I thought it was automated). Paid 15,750 for the renewal from Maruti Insurance and Bajaj Allianz.
anycatd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 16:51   #1331
BHPian

Quote:

Man, you really should register a complaint against this dealer because I recently purchased my Brezza and there is no such design + coating package policy from Maruti's side, there is only 1 policy of no discounts on the car or official accessories and that's it nothing else.
Also, the waiting period quoted by the dealer is too high when I was buying my car I asked my dealer about which colour having the least waiting period and he told its the yellow colour with an average delivery time of 20 - 25 days but the maximum time took was around 6-7 weeks.
I think your dealer is intentionally quoting high waiting period to compel you to go for the design+coating package. Please don't fall into their trap and contact a different dealer.
kush812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 22:56   #1332
Senior - BHPian

While we are waiting for the facelifted XUV to decide whether to keep or change our current xuv my wife went ahead and booked a Brezza as her Rapid was beginning to show her age. Its the VDI O variant in pearl white and delivery will be next week.

Quote:
I had gone yesterday to book the car but Sai Service hinjewadi was forcing me to get some package (design +coating) as "they are not supposed to take any booking from customers without this package as per policy from maruti".
They are trying to con you. Tell them to take a hike.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 12th April 2018 at 23:08.
Old 13th April 2018, 12:49   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
IDV is down to somewhere around 6 lakhs(Could I have asked for more? I thought it was automated). Paid 15,750 for the renewal from Maruti Insurance and Bajaj Allianz.
We certainly can choose the IDV and keep it higher than 6.15 at 2 years. Can stretch upto 8 I suppose but that means higher premiums. I sealed it yet again with the MS Insurance for the 3rd year again Bajaj Allianz and will move to reliance from next year perhaps. I paid 15619. Almost 2 grand more than what reliance had quoted.
Old 14th April 2018, 05:43   #1334
Team-BHP Support

Need help from guys who have access to the ZDI+ and an iPhone.

I have got myself a Swift ZXi+ yesterday and while calls go seamlessly via the infotainment system, music does not play via application. Music plays when I connect it via USB, but not via Bluetooth.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Old 14th April 2018, 06:40   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Need help from guys who have access to the ZDI+ and an iPhone.

Music plays when I connect it via USB, but not via Bluetooth.

Any help will be much appreciated.
I have a facelift S-Cross Zeta, and both my OnePlus 5T and iPhone 7 can stream music over Bluetooth fine. Didn't need to do any extra configuration.
ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed