Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2018, 17:24   #1396
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Thanks, I test drove one but I don’t have any reference point to compare. I have always drive DSG cars (GT TSi, Audi S3).

I was about to book the ZDI AGS today but someone in the family raised a concern about the lack of hill assist feature. Is it a deal breaker with AMT gear boxes on the hills? While switching to M mode makes sense but that’s more of a jugad and i would expect an automatic car to remain automatic even on hills. Any thoughts here.
Old 26th June 2018, 17:49   #1397
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
I was about to book the ZDI AGS today but someone in the family raised a concern about the lack of hill assist feature. Is it a deal breaker with AMT gear boxes on the hills?
You'll need to use the handbrake. No other go.

We used to do that when we had the Alto K10 AMT.

Last edited by a4anurag : 26th June 2018 at 17:51.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 09:52   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanishka88 View Post
Has anyone test drove the Brezza AMT? How do you feel about it? I am keenly exploring booking one
Test drove Brezza and Nexon diesel Amt. In Brezza the engine noise filters in too much, while nexon feels more refined and moves effortlessly. The Brezza interiors are dull in comparison.
Old 5th July 2018, 12:05   #1399
BHPian

In one of the recent highway trips my MS Vitara Brezza displayed 30kmpl as the avg. fuel economy. Got these figures by driving in the range of 70-80 km/hr in Coimbatore - Palakkad route.

prram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 15:01   #1400
BHPian

Hi All- i will be taking the delivery of VDI variant tomorrow. Selected VDI as the OTR comes within 10 lakhs which is the maximum amount i am eligible for under my company's car lease program. I have few questions:

1. I would like to add fog lamps and the projector lamps with DRLs in future. My dealer has already refused this. Can this be done by an authorized dealer or not?
2. Can we get the steering wheel audio controls added?
Old 18th July 2018, 15:04   #1401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prram View Post
In one of the recent highway trips my MS Vitara Brezza displayed 30kmpl as the avg. fuel economy. Got these figures by driving in the range of 70-80 km/hr in Coimbatore - Palakkad route.

For limiting speeds on highway, this is the best feature in India. Government should make this live mileage display compulsory, and suddenly speeds on highway would be a lot saner!

30KMPL mileage is insane.
Old 18th July 2018, 15:42   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
For limiting speeds on highway, this is the best feature in India. Government should make this live mileage display compulsory, and suddenly speeds on highway would be a lot saner!

30KMPL mileage is insane.
There are two displays in Marutis, one is instantaneous and other is average over a time. I have seen 30 KMPL only in instantaneous (samples are taken per 2/3 seconds). So this reading 30KMPL is not the "real" average. But I have touched 22+ KMPL (the real reading ) in petrol Ertiga with the same 70-80KMPH speed on NH from Bangalore to Salem.
Old 18th July 2018, 17:33   #1403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
There are two displays in Marutis, one is instantaneous and other is average over a time. I have seen 30 KMPL only in instantaneous (samples are taken per 2/3 seconds). So this reading 30KMPL is not the "real" average. But I have touched 22+ KMPL (the real reading ) in petrol Ertiga with the same 70-80KMPH speed on NH from Bangalore to Salem.
In the above video, one can faintly see that it is the avg. kmpl(30 kmpl), even though it might have been temporary for a few 5-10 kms. It must have included a lot of coasting in neutral and a very light foot driving without A/C. With a diesel engine like 1.3MJD heavily tuned for mileage, I wouldn't be surprised to see avg. FE over 25kmpl.
One of the primary reasons for it to remain as the national engine, even after decreased parity in petrol and diesel prices.
Old 18th July 2018, 18:55   #1404
Senior - BHPian

Instantaneous FE figures are always to be taken with more than a pinch of salt. In addition to not reflecting accurately the consumption, it distracts mileage conscious drivers concentrates more on the display than on the road.

Of course, this is true for all vehicles which have such displays and not exclusive to Maruti.
Old 1st August 2018, 18:17   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
What is the sample time/distance over which average FE is calculated?
For me, average FE displays the same value on both trip meters even if one has covered say 100KMs and the other 1500KMs. Due to this, I am not able to get a feel of the average FE for a trip. Any pointers?
Old 1st August 2018, 19:11   #1406
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
For me, average FE displays the same value on both trip meters even if one has covered say 100KMs and the other 1500KMs. Due to this, I am not able to get a feel of the average FE for a trip. Any pointers?
Do you ever 'Reset' the average FE at all?

If you don't, even to improve or decrease the FE by 0.1 KMPL you will need a huge sample with consistent driving pattern (sedate or pedal to metal). I know it is a very silly question but if you haven't been resetting the AVG FE display during each tankful, you are likely to see lesser FE than real and what you see will be cumulative since the last reset which may be many thousand kms before!
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 11:19   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Do you ever 'Reset' the average FE at all?

If you don't, even to improve or decrease the FE by 0.1 KMPL you will need a huge sample with consistent driving pattern (sedate or pedal to metal). I know it is a very silly question but if you haven't been resetting the AVG FE display during each tankful, you are likely to see lesser FE than real and what you see will be cumulative since the last reset which may be many thousand kms before!
My assumption is when I reset/set a new trip (trip start at 0), all other counters as displayed in that trip(instantaneous FE, average FE and driving range) gets reset. Am i missing some trick here?

As i mentioned in my previous post, my trip A which is at say 100KM and my trip B which is at say 1500KM always show the same reading for average FE. Any other Brezza/Maruti Suzuki car owners experience the same?
Old 3rd August 2018, 11:38   #1408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My assumption is when I reset/set a new trip (trip start at 0), all other counters as displayed in that trip(instantaneous FE, average FE and driving range) gets reset. Am i missing some trick here?
In INT FE is as its called 'Instantaneous' and hence you don't need to reset.

However, resetting the Trip to '0' will not reset the AVG FE display at least in most Maruti Suzuki cars I have noticed. So not sure how that can be different in Brezza. In Ciaz and Dzire too, I know I had to reset the AVG FE display for my friend/colleague.

So when you are on the AVG FE Display, push the stalk (Right side IIRC) for a longer duration and you will see the display going '----' and that means it has reset.

Quote:
As i mentioned in my previous post, my trip A which is at say 100KM and my trip B which is at say 1500KM always show the same reading for average FE. Any other Brezza/Maruti Suzuki car owners experience the same?
The Average FE is not related to either Trip A or Trip B. It is a single display irrespective of either of the Trip meters (A or B).

It shows the average FE from the last reset of the AVG FE and not the last reset of either of the trip meters.

Hence, let us say your Trip A is reset and so is Trip B, but you don't reset AVG FE, then the FE shown by AVG FE Display will still be the cumulative mileage that your car derived from the last time this was reset.

Hope I am clear now.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 11:50   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

However, resetting the Trip to '0' will not reset the AVG FE display at least in most Maruti Suzuki cars I have noticed. So not sure how that can be different in Brezza. In Ciaz and Dzire too, I know I had to reset the AVG FE display for my friend/colleague.

The Average FE is not related to either Trip A or Trip B. It is a single display irrespective of either of the Trip meters (A or B).

Hence, let us say your Trip A is reset and so is Trip B, but you don't reset AVG FE, then the FE shown by AVG FE Display will still be the cumulative mileage that your car derived from the last time this was reset.

Hope I am clear now.
Thank you Parag. This is indeed new information for me.
Let me try this out and update in this forum.
MSAneesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 12:01   #1410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Parag. This is indeed new information for me.
Let me try this out and update in this forum.
Here's what the owner's manual of Brezza also says (Sec 2-57):

Quote:
If you selected average fuel consumption the last time you drove the vehicle, the display shows the last value of average fuel consumption from previous driving when the ignition switch is turned to the “ON” position or the engine switch is pressed to change the ignition mode to “ON”.

Unless you reset the value of average fuel consumption, the display indicates the value of average fuel consumption which includes average fuel consumption during previous driving.

To reset the average fuel consumption to zero, push and hold the indicator selector knob (2) for a while when the display shows the average fuel consumption.
This kind of confirms what I have been explaining.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks