Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2018, 13:51   #1456
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
My Brezza ZDi+ is 2 & half years old.

Yesterday I was shocked to find rusting on the front passenger floor, near the door sill.
To me, the culprit looks like that door sill. It could be some oxidation reaction due to the composition of door sill guard or the glue or maybe, water is getting trapped at that location. I'm not using any sill guard and I don't see any rusting there. The only rusting I've seen is at the battery plate in engine bay. I may need to change it some time soon.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2018, 14:08   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Definitely requires a re-paint for that section. But how is the water getting trapped at that place more often to cater corrosion? You may need to check the door drains, they might be clogged.
The drain holes are at either end of the door near the flooring,
The rust formation is in the middle, no drain holes for sure, I checked it,

BTW, my car was one of the first lot/batches of the production

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
To me, the culprit looks like that door sill. It could be some oxidation reaction due to the composition of door sill guard or the glue or maybe, water is getting trapped at that location. I'm not using any sill guard and I don't see any rusting there. The only rusting I've seen is at the battery plate in engine bay. I may need to change it some time soon.
Door sill was purchased as an accessory from the buying dealer Bimal Maruti, not an outside local shop fitment.

Door Sill & Mudflaps were the only accessories purchased, Since it was first batch launch time purchase, not much accessories were available in the initial days

anyway, awaiting revert from Maruti. will keep you folks posted

Last edited by Eddy : 15th October 2018 at 14:28. Reason: Merged
Old 15th October 2018, 15:30   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
My Brezza ZDi+ is 2 & half years old.

Yesterday I was shocked to find rusting on the front passenger floor, near the door sill.

I had fixed door sill, bought this accesory during the car purchase itself from the Maruti dealer.
& No accidents or Body shop work done on the car till date.

Have sent the images to the service advisor in Bimal Maruti who regularly handles my car during service,
Awaiting revert from him

What do yoiu suggest I do..?

Attaching the images
The picture indicates it has something to do with the metal sill guard. Shoe scrapes would have opened up minute scratches on the paint, exposing metal and the sill guard would have accelerated rusting by acting as a cathode. Moist/humid climate is most conducive for this.
Does your car frequent coastal area/humid climate?

I too have a similar sill guard installed, will inspect in detail today.
MSAneesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 18:19   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Does your car frequent coastal area/humid climate?
This car has travelled the length and breadth of India except the north-eastern states
Kashmir to Kanyakumari
Gujarat to West Bengal
& everything in between
GSMINC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2018, 22:52   #1460
BHPian

Quote:

I too have a similar sill guard installed, will inspect in detail today.
The door sill guard on my brezza interestingly sits on the plastic portion of the doorway.
Now, does it serve its intented purpose?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20181016_225130.jpg  

Old 16th October 2018, 23:12   #1461
BANNED

Quote:
The door sill guard on my brezza interestingly sits on the plastic portion of the doorway.
Now, does it serve its intented purpose?
The person who have fitted this need to purposefully rethink on his intentions as it does not serve its intended purpose. Usually it is pasted on the metal portion, to prevent the scratches caused by footwears.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2018, 08:32   #1462
BHPian

I had a long trip this weekend, from Bangalore to Goa. I had inflated all tires to 35 for the highway run (2 people + luggage). At various sections in the route, I had to brake hard due to sudden potholes, diversion etc.
I observed that, after about 300Km of non-stop run, the steering was acting funny and would become somewhat stubborn right at the point when I brake hard. The brake pads were changed at 33k, and my car has run just 11k after that. There was no loss in braking power, it's just that, for that fraction of a second when I brake, the car won't steer as smoothly as it usually does. I'm not sure if this is due to the steering issue being talked about in the forum. But, this is something completely new and wasn't there before.

Last edited by texens : 17th October 2018 at 08:34.
Old 30th October 2018, 12:30   #1463
Senior - BHPian

A colleague of mine is interested in the Brezza AMT but is a bit concerned about the "Kitna Deti Hain" Factor wrt to the AMT.

Can people who own the Brezza AMT provide some real world feedback on the mileage figures for city driving in metros or if someone from Bangalore can provide inputs that would be great
Old 1st November 2018, 11:24   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
"Kitna Deti Hain"
Some of my friends own MS Brezza AGS. As per them the city mileage of Brezza AGS is something around 16 to 18 Kmpl. DDiS is a well-known mileage monster. These figures are also confirmed by many AGS owners at ClubBrezza WhatsApp group and FB page.
SJM1214 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 23:58   #1465
BHPian

Hello guys,

Do MASS service the Vitara brezza or you have to go to the dealership workshops?

Is there anything like that?

Baleno, s cross and ciaz are definitely not done by MASS and only by Nexa.
Old 7th November 2018, 01:17   #1466
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
Hello guys,

Do MASS service the Vitara brezza or you have to go to the dealership workshops?

Brezza being a product of regular sales channel, enjoys the benefit of going to both MASS as well as dealer owned workshops.

I'd made a thread on this same topic: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...workshops.html (An insight into Maruti's After-sales network: Different types of workshops)

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 7th November 2018 at 01:27.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 10:38   #1467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys,
Nothing like that.
Even Nexa Service centres will also welcome your Brezza with open arms.

We have a newly launched Nexa in my hometown, Anand. I keep receiving calls from both normal MASS and NEXA Service to bring my MS Brezza for fourth paid service. It seems both the service stations are competing with each other to pull customer towards them. It is strange because the owner of both the service stations is the same.

Out of curiosity, I visited NEXA service for some minor issues in my MS Brezza. They attained me on a priority basis and solved my issues instantly. Moreover, NEXA service was not overcrowded like normal MASS. Overall, I liked the NEXA experience. I am ok to pay 8 to 10% premium on service charges. I "ll prefer NEXA for my next service.
SJM1214 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 15:25   #1468
BANNED

Quote:
Hello guys,

Very simple answer would be another question 'Do you think that the parts being used in the premium NEXA cars are any different from the not so premium Maruti cars'. If your answer is a no, then I think any Maruti car could be serviced anywhere or at least the ones which are at the same price range of Nexa cars. Nexa for me is nothing but a 'premium experience' not 'premium cars'. Else Ciaz should not have been moved to Nexa with a simple sticker change. Sharing is caring, but for Maruti sharing is survival.

Last edited by pavi : 7th November 2018 at 15:29.
Old 7th November 2018, 17:26   #1469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
If your answer is a no, then I think any Maruti car could be serviced anywhere
The NEXA cars cannot be serviced at regular MASS. They have to visit dealer owned workshops or NEXA service stations. The regular MASS doesn't get the authority to even open a jobcard for the NEXA cars.

The regular Maruti cars are at a benefit here, they can visit any type of workshop they wish-MASS, MSM, Dealer workshops or NEXA service.
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 19:40   #1470
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The NEXA cars cannot be serviced at regular MASS. They have to visit dealer owned workshops or NEXA service stations. The regular MASS doesn't get the authority to even open a jobcard for the NEXA cars.

The regular Maruti cars are at a benefit here, they can visit any type of workshop they wish-MASS, MSM, Dealer workshops or NEXA service.
The reason for that will not the complexity that these Nexa cars possess, rather it will be more of an ego problem. Being logical, all Maruti cars have parts shared across, hence could be serviced at any service station. But if Maruti does insist Nexa cars should not be serviced at regular MASS, then be it. I think a Nexa car owner will also be made to believe that ‘my car can only be serviced at a premium service center only, as my car is truly premium’.
pavi is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed