Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2018, 20:07   #1471
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
The reason for that will not the complexity that these Nexa cars possess, rather it will be more of an ego problem. Being logical, all Maruti cars have parts shared across, hence could be serviced at any service station. But if Maruti does insist Nexa cars should not be serviced at regular MASS, then be it. I think a Nexa car owner will also be made to believe that ‘my car can only be serviced at a premium service center only, as my car is truly premium’.
Yes its not the complexity issue. But more like providing the customer a spic and span workshop and a so called premium experience. Dealer workshops are decidedly more posh looking than the normal MASS which are mostly an FNG with Maruti's authorisation.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 22:52   #1472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The NEXA cars cannot be serviced at regular MASS. They have to visit dealer owned workshops or NEXA service stations. The regular MASS doesn't get the authority to even open a jobcard for the NEXA cars.
Since when did this policy kick in ? I got my Ignis serviced in end of May. During this time Pratham Motors kept calling me to their regular service center. I wanted to try Nexa Service and went to Surakshaa Nexa Service but to the best of my knowledge both options were open at that time...
Old 7th November 2018, 22:58   #1473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Since when did this policy kick in ? I got my Ignis serviced in end of May. During this time Pratham Motors kept calling me to their regular service center. I wanted to try Nexa Service and went to Surakshaa Nexa Service but to the best of my knowledge both options were open at that time...
Boss, Pratham Motors and Suraksha both are dealer owned workshops. I am talking about those workshops who aren't dealers.

More details about the type of workshops and their categorization has been posted here: Thread Link (An insight into Maruti's After-sales network: Different types of workshops). Do go through it once.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 11:51   #1474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Anyone who has got headlight assembly replaced under warranty due to condensation issues?
Add me to the list. I have got mine replaced twice. The first replacement was made at about 11 months into the ownership. The new set of headlights also had condensation within a month, so I wrote to them again - this time the response was not that swift and had to take it to social media to elicit a response. Once they responded, things moved really fast - the Dealer workshop of my choice picked up my car and dropped it back after the headlamp replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
The regular Maruti cars are at a benefit here, they can visit any type of workshop they wish-MASS, MSM, Dealer workshops or NEXA service.
This is one of the main reasons I decided in favour of Brezza ZDi+ over S-Cross 1.6 Delta. The MASS where we get our cars serviced, have more than a business relation with us now, built over 15 years and multiple cars. They're competent and meticulous, and as an icing on the cake, this bond has helped us many times.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 13:35   #1475
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
This is one of the main reasons I decided in favour of Brezza ZDi+ over S-Cross 1.6 Delta. The MASS where we get our cars serviced, have more than a business relation with us now, built over 15 years and multiple cars. They're competent and meticulous, and as an icing on the cake, this bond has helped us many times.
I am actually surprised by this comment. I usually don't consider service center proximity while car shopping (provided I don't have to travel 200+ kms to reach one). I now own a Honda City i-vtec and the nearest service station is at 50+ kms from my home town. Used to go there twice an year as my running is around 9000 kms in 6 months. I used to reach there early morning, go for a film or two, have food from good restaurants, go to relatives home if possible etc. Even though I have MASS 3 kms from my home town, it never came to my mind as a selection criteria. Does this mean that you will never try another brand as you don't have acquaintance with their service center?

Note : Never wanted to tarnish your preferences, wanted to know more about the psychology behind the same.
Old 8th November 2018, 14:41   #1476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am actually surprised by this comment... wanted to know more about the psychology behind the same.
It's only about individual preferences My purchase decision was based on the set of requirements and Brezza and S-Cross 1.6 ticked almost all boxes. When it was time to choose among the two, the MASS factor also weighed in favour of Brezza

I might look at another brand for my next car, or I might not - depends on what my requirements would be at that point in time. Had used a Honda Accord V6 extensively and also a Chevy Equinox for a shorter period - because these cars fulfilled my needs then.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 15:42   #1477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Used to go there twice an year as my running is around 9000 kms in 6 months. I used to reach there early morning, go for a film or two, have food from good restaurants, go to relatives home if possible etc. ...
A forced day off twice a year just because the car manufacturer demands so is not an attractive proposal for many. Going for servicing twice a year itself is too much (Honda specialty), that too after travelling 50km+, having to spend and plan day around the car's servicing. And what if there are some unforeseen events such as sudden failure of something which extend the SC stay of the car? How does one get back to his home and collect the vehicle afterwards?

I too will prefer a car with wider service network which preferably does pick up and drops too. Too sparse a network can be a headache for many vehicle owners.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 16:28   #1478
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
A forced day off twice a year just because the car manufacturer demands so is not an attractive proposal for many. Going for servicing twice a year itself is too much (Honda specialty), that too after travelling 50km+, having to spend and plan day around the car's servicing.....

I too will prefer a car with wider service network which preferably does pick up and drops too. Too sparse a network can be a headache for many vehicle owners.
Surely personal preferences playing the game here. We have come across in this very forum itself a bunch of people who like to stay at the service center the entire day while their car is being serviced. No one can predict when and where a car will break down as the same can occur at the very worst place at the very worst time. And also as we say there are two sides of a coin, I would like to consider the time I invest in my car's service as my love towards my car and a good time for myself to freshen up and being social. It is not manufacturer forced, as I myself decides the month, date and time of the appointment (apart from the free services). In simple words 'To each his own'.
Old 21st November 2018, 10:06   #1479
BHPian

MSIL PRESS RELEASE - Maruti Suzuki ramps up Vitara Brezza production to reduce waiting period

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/corpora...waiting-period

Auto Gear Shift penetration in Vitara Brezza as high as 49% in Mumbai and 39% in Delhi
Top variants (Z/Z+) contribute 61% of total sales of Vitara Brezza

PRESS RELEASE 》
"India’s No1 SUV witnessed its sales have growing over 10% during April-Oct 2018-19

New Delhi: In another move to delight customers with faster deliveries of their favourite cars, Maruti Suzuki India has increased production of its blockbuster model Vitara Brezza. The production of India’s no1 SUV Vitara Brezza has increased 10% to 94,000 units during April-Oct 2018-19 compared to same months last year.

Announcing the increased production and availability of Vitara Brezza, Mr. R.S. Kalsi, Senior Executive Director (Marketing and Sales), Maruti Suzuki said, “The high demand for our popular models such as the Vitara Brezza is a testimony of our best in class technology, design and customer experience. With the Suzuki Motor Gujarat plant operational at its full capacity of 2.5 lakh units annually in Gujarat, we are able to increase the output. We are confident that with the reduced waiting period, we will be able to enhance the car buying and ownership experience of our customers.”
In 2017-18, Maruti Suzuki sold over 1.48 lakh units of Vitara Brezza. During the first seven months (April-October) of 2018-19, the company has clocked sales of around 95,000 units of Vitara Brezza.

Launched in March 2016, Maruti Suzuki’s Vitara Brezza had become an instant hit. It has achieved the fastest 3 lakh sales mark in the SUV segment in just 28 months. It has been consistently clocking numbers much higher than several competition products put together. With Vitara Brezza, Maruti Suzuki introduced dual-tone colours – a first in its segment, which have got high acceptance with customers. Maruti Suzuki has sold over 3.57 lakh units of Vitara Brezza cumulatively since launch.

In May 2018, Maruti Suzuki’s revolutionary two-pedal technology, Auto Gear Shift, was offered on Vitara Brezza. Auto Gear Shift has received overwhelming response from customers with its penetration as high as 49% in Mumbai and 39% in Delhi. At the same time, the exterior and interior features were upgraded to enhance the bold and sporty character of the country’s most popular SUV. "
JS Kwt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2018, 12:14   #1480
Senior - BHPian

Is the AMT version THAT good? When everyone is talking about how market is moving toward petrol, Diesel only Brezza has managed to do its best numbers in recent times! If only they could bring in the petrol!
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 14:13   #1481
Senior - BHPian

MS Brezza ZDI Manual's fourth service bill from NEXA Service.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-th.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 15:39   #1482
Senior - BHPian

Is there any ownership/review thread for Brezza AGS?
Old 28th November 2018, 16:02   #1483
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Is the AMT version THAT good? When everyone is talking about how market is moving toward petrol, Diesel only Brezza has managed to do its best numbers in recent times! If only they could bring in the petrol!
I don't think Maruti has to implement anything 'perfectly'. As far as I understand their customer base is a forgiving lot, and other than very few, most won't be even knowing the difference between AMT, DCT, CVT or TC. For them 'I bought an automatic car from Maruti'. I know a lot of people who still believe Maruti makes the best cars, and they have not experienced any other cars other than Maruti (barring Ambassadors and Jeep). 'It's a Maruti sir' is still the best 'guarantee' they would pick rather than getting a '10 year no condition warranty' on any other manufacturer.

Last edited by pavi : 28th November 2018 at 16:04.
Old 28th November 2018, 16:50   #1484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think Maruti has to implement anything 'perfectly'. As far as I understand their customer base is a forgiving lot, and other than very few, most won't be even knowing the difference between AMT, DCT, CVT or TC. For them 'I bought an automatic car from Maruti'. I know a lot of people who still believe Maruti makes the best cars, and they have not experienced any other cars other than Maruti (barring Ambassadors and Jeep). 'It's a Maruti sir' is still the best 'guarantee' they would pick rather than getting a '10 year no condition warranty' on any other manufacturer.
It's ironic that you have quoted me I swapped my Swift for Tigor AMT, biggest regret in recent years! Swift is still with us as family's beater car, running better than the brand new Tigor, at 50K on the ODO, service is good, performance on every possible road is fantastic, never skips a beat.

I have had cars from variety of makers, Maruti is still the front runner for overall good ownership. Hyundai was also good, but brand has changed since our Santro days. Saw plenty of reviews praise Brezza's diesel AMT, with 4 star safety and all the other positives as my swift, it looks like a good choice.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 28th November 2018 at 16:52.
giri1.8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 17:05   #1485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
I have had cars from variety of makers, Maruti is still the front runner for overall good ownership. Hyundai was also good, but brand has changed since our Santro days. Saw plenty of reviews praise Brezza's diesel AMT, with 4 star safety and all the other positives as my swift, it looks like a good choice.
I take it as Brezza is the only car left worth buying from Maruti stable now since other cars with hardtect (right name?) platform seems to have started the downfall in terms of quality and safety. I have Ertiga (the old one) and it seems as rock solid (very good safety ratings). With newer one coming on the new platform, I feel it will go the way Swift is going in terms of safety.

The only + point is the service network.

Most Viewed