Team-BHP - Skoda Superb : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Superb : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/175340-skoda-superb-official-review-11.html)

So I got an 'Oil Check' message on the MID of my 2016 Skoda Superb and this sort of got me worried a bit. The car has run a little over 5000 kms from September 2016 till date. Spoke to the Skoda guys and they told me that the engine being new has the tendancy to consume some oil and I would need to visit the workshop where they would top up the engine oil.

Visited today and after the scan and oil check there was nothing wrong with the car and even the oil was as at the recommended level and not low. They just removed the error and that was it.

Anyone else come across a situation like this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4116803)
So I got an 'Oil Check' message on the MID of my 2016 Skoda Superb and this sort of got me worried a bit.

What was the exact message? I got a similar one in September 2016 but just topped up with the recommended grade and reset the oil change interval myself. First service is due in early January but the SKD kit was manufactured in CZ in August 2015.

From the Net, I understand that sometimes if the PDI has not been done well, the service warnings start counting from the SKD kit date rather than the production date.

Finally I got delivery of the TSI 1.8 DSG L&K
I have taken a 7 speed DSG risk :)
Few updates in so called MY17 car.

The infotainment system is 8 inch with navigation. Probably amundsen.
Tyres are Apollo 215/55 R17 94w.
There are no storages underneath front seats.
Rest looks same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselDelight (Post 4119499)
Finally I got delivery of the TSI 1.8 DSG L&K
I have taken a 7 speed DSG risk :)
Few updates in so called MY17 car.

The infotainment system is 8 inch with navigation. Probably amundsen.
Tyres are Apollo 215/55 R17 94w.
There are no storages underneath front seats.
Rest looks same.

Congrats for your car!
Can you please post a couple of pictures of the stereo ?
Thanks

Here are some pictures.
It comes with maps built into SD card. It can be updated.
The SD card is part of accessories and cost 9000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DieselDelight (Post 4125263)
Here are some pictures.

It comes with maps built into SD card. It can be updated.

The SD card is part of accessories and cost 9000.

The SD card is a part of the navigation. The navigation is a part of the car. Why would you anyone pay extra for it? I certainly did not pay a penny for mine when I picked my MY17 Octavia in October. Please tell me you didn't pay for this! If you did, please talk to your dealer and escalate to Skoda, if necessary.

Rohan

I had to stupid:
I did not want any accessories, except carpet mats. dealer forced me to buy all of them at 22k.
I could negotiate on the insurance. Right now there is 2-3 weeks of waiting on superb and dealers are least interested if you want to negotiate further.

There is a change seen in attitude little bit. I had my last experience with skoda 10 yrs ago. That time they were not interested in selling a car!!
There is only one dealer in pune. No choice.

Dear Friends,

I am on the lookout for my next car - current one being Fiat Linea Diesel, which is running it's 9th year now. The heart is saying Superb, but the brain is raising questions on the reliability! Especially when my current car has had nothing but regular service in all the 9 years. clap:

The model is very clear - it's going to be the 1.8 TSI manual only.

Please do advice. Also, anyone has any view on the new offer from Skoda - buy now pay after 1 year offer?

thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdadi (Post 4134859)
Dear Friends,

I am on the lookout for my next car The heart is saying Superb, but the brain is raising questions on the reliability!
The model is very clear - it's going to be the 1.8 TSI manual only.

Manual gearbox is fine. Don't go for the automatic. Reliability is good on the manual. The clutch wears out at 80k to 90k kms with city driving. The car it self is a dream with a very comfortable rear seat and fun to drive. To ensure you get the right A.S.S. you will have to build your bridges with the local engineer at our authorized centre. Their service centres are disorganized and can't spell customer service. But by befriending the engineer on the ground we've managed well thus far. Our Skoda Superb is now 6.5 years and well above 110k kms. Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by V.Narayan (Post 4135456)
Manual gearbox is fine. Don't go for the automatic. Reliability is good on the manual. The clutch wears out at 80k to 90k kms with city driving. The car it self is a dream with a very comfortable rear seat and fun to drive. To ensure you get the right A.S.S. you will have to build your bridges with the local engineer at our authorized centre. Their service centres are disorganized and can't spell customer service. But by befriending the engineer on the ground we've managed well thus far. Our Skoda Superb is now 6.5 years and well above 110k kms. Hope this helps.

Thank you. Visited Vinayak Skoda today to checkout the new finance offer. wasnt excited by it. Need to make up my mind soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdadi (Post 4135662)
Visited Vinayak Skoda today to checkout the new finance offer. wasnt excited by it.

Why weren't you excited?
Also, I would recommend you look at the diesel AT as well. Paying 25 lac plus for manual car which is a daily drive in a traffic infested city isn't exactly pleasant.

And yes, the petrol ATs have not been as reliable as the diesel units.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 4135730)
Why weren't you excited?
Also, I would recommend you look at the diesel AT as well. Paying 25 lac plus for manual car which is a daily drive in a traffic infested city isn't exactly pleasant.

And yes, the petrol ATs have not been as reliable as the diesel units.

The finance offer providers 75% of ex-showroom price, and you have to shell out rest in downpayment. the interest rate is also higher at around 10.6%. Of course you do get 1 year emi holiday (1 rupee taken every month for first 12 months). Net outflow at end of 5 year term is higher than taking finance from outside.

I am not confident of the DSG. And I dont mind the manual considering I dont stay far away from work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdadi (Post 4135739)
Net outflow at end of 5 year term is higher than taking finance from outside.

Even if you pre-close the loan earlier? That sounds strange.

There is nothing which beats the reliability of a manual gearbox and if you are ok with it, go for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdadi (Post 4135739)
The finance offer providers 75% of ex-showroom price, and you have to shell out rest in downpayment. the interest rate is also higher at around 10.6%. Of course you do get 1 year emi holiday (1 rupee taken every month for first 12 months). Net outflow at end of 5 year term is higher than taking finance from outside.

I am not confident of the DSG. And I dont mind the manual considering I dont stay far away from work.

So, did you go for it already ? If one does not take loan, are there any other offers ? Thanks.

Still deliberating on the decision. There wasn't any other offer that I noticed on Superb. Somehow the sales rep was trying to convince me to buy the Octavia instead (not interested due to no manual on the 1.8tsi :Frustrati, otherwise it was a no brainer)