Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2017, 23:18   #166
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

I am considering upgrading to the TSI Superb from my current Laura TSI. I don't want to miss out on the additional torque offered on the manual transmission . So it will be the Style variant TSI manual if I go for the petrol.

Among the features that vary from the L&K variant, I am aware that the L&K gets the canton audio with subwoofer. I heard from the sales representative at Vinayak skoda that the style version comes with Bosch speakers and no subwoofer.
  • Can someone throw some light on the quality of sound in the style variant as compared to the canton audio on the L&K?
  • Is there an option to add a subwoofer in the style variant? The sales representative at Vinayaka was not sure when I asked this question.
Old 1st March 2017, 20:43   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi View Post
Thank you. Visited Vinayak Skoda today to checkout the new finance offer. wasnt excited by it. Need to make up my mind soon.
Isn't the interest rate diminishing rate with Skoda ?

Also if you wait till April there is a nice chance that Bank interest rates will fall, you could probably take a loan like that. Bank Interest rates are usually diminishing rates.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 21:14   #168
BHPian

Subwoofer in L&K is not that great,however it gives some punch to the sound.
I went for SBI loan with 85% on road funding with maxgain. Interest rates are not falling this year until they resolve bad loan issues.
DieselDelight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2017, 22:23   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDelight View Post
Subwoofer in L&K is not that great,however it gives some punch to the sound.
I went for SBI loan with 85% on road funding with maxgain. Interest rates are not falling this year until they resolve bad loan issues.
Banks are sitting flush with cash. There's no way they will keep that cash idle. As per my logic to rotate it they will have to reduce their loan rates to some extent at least.

The bad loans, well they are will write it off, no use wasting money and resources trying to recover it.

Few months back the interest rate with Skoda were 10% diminishing. Not sure about now.
Old 5th March 2017, 20:15   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Isn't the interest rate diminishing rate with Skoda ?

Also if you wait till April there is a nice chance that Bank interest rates will fall, you could probably take a loan like that. Bank Interest rates are usually diminishing rates.
I checked they have a regular car loan offer as well right now which is lower than what is offered by banks. So planning to check that out once I get the allocation. still waiting for that.
Old 6th March 2017, 22:07   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdadi View Post
I checked they have a regular car loan offer as well right now which is lower than what is offered by banks. So planning to check that out once I get the allocation. still waiting for that.
I really doubt a manufacturer can give car loans at rates cheaper than our banks. But do let us know about any offer that exists.
Old 13th March 2017, 13:58   #172
BHPian

Skoda is financed through VW finance, they try to match other banks rates.

I preferred to take upfront discount from Dealer and take loan from SBI. My advice is to compare EMIs and other terms like prepayment penalty.

SBI funds 90% of on road price with no prepayment penalty, and tenure up to 7 years with overdraft account.
Old 27th April 2017, 10:36   #173
BHPian

It's Done! Got home the new Skoda Superb

After a lengthy wait, finally got home the new Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI MT.

Since there is already more detail on the car in tbhp than probably the Skoda Service Centers even know about, I won't be doing any detailed review. But here is a summary of my impressions.

Booking & Delivery Process

Oh boy was this painful?
The dealership experience itself was pretty OK. The Sales Rep was decent and obliging. But Skoda has messed up the deliveries and stock allocation big time! I was very clear right from day 1 that I wanted only the manual variant. I booked way back end of Jan, and was informed that delivery would happen by mid-March. But as days progressed, the gory details started to emerge that Skoda simply had no car of that variant in their production plans for some indefinite timeframe. Even custom-built cars fare better.

After a lot of haggling, threatening to cancel the booking etc., finally they somehow managed to confirm the car and gave the VIN.
After a mandatory PDI a few days before, got the delivery during 2nd week of April.

About the Car
- Quality
- What an Engine, gearbox very well mated, a bit notchy though.
- Great to drive.
- Decent fuel economy if driven sedately.
- Good feature-set.

Dislikes:
- Sheer size of the car in Bangalore traffic making my hair turn grey faster.
- Skoda deciding to make front passenger seat adjustment manual on the style variant. Are they mad, after someone pays 30+?

I am keeping fingers crossed the A.S.S does not become a nightmare.

It's been 2 weeks since I have owned it and have hit the highway once. Took it to Mysore, and I was pleasantly surprised it returned about 13 kmpl, considering I am still adjusting my driving style to the car. One needs a yogic restraint to drive it sedately on the highway. Its very easy to reach triple digit speeds in no time, and the mid-range of this turbo-petrol (especially the 320Nm in the MT variant) makes it so much fun.

Just a couple of pics clicked on my mobile for now. Will spend quality time soon to take better ones.

Overall - I am one happy soul
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_20170413_110517619_hdr-2.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_20170413_144556290.jpg  

kdadi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 12:57   #174
Mtv
BHPian

I am considering replacing my octavia with the Superb L&K TDi and I am concerned about it's reliability. I have faced a bucket load of issues with my car already and I feel foolish for considering another Skoda.

I know the diesel doesn't use the same problematic dry clutch DQ200 gearbox and that the TDI motor is also more robust, but I would like to take the forum's opinion on the reliability of this drivetrain.

I also request diesel superb owners to give their thoughts on the same
Old 27th April 2017, 15:14   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
I am considering replacing my octavia with the Superb L&K TDi and I am concerned about it's reliability. I have faced a bucket load of issues with my car already and I feel foolish for considering another Skoda.

I know the diesel doesn't use the same problematic dry clutch DQ200 gearbox and that the TDI motor is also more robust, but I would like to take the forum's opinion on the reliability of this drivetrain.

I also request diesel superb owners to give their thoughts on the same
Not a superb owener - but I have been driving a remapped Laura TDi for 67Kkm, and the engine and gearbox has been working beautifully especially given it spends a decent amount of time in traffic!

The TDi would be my pick for the Superb simply because of the more reliable engine and gearbox combo!
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 20:51   #176
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Not a superb owener - but I have been driving a remapped Laura TDi for 67Kkm, and the engine and gearbox has been working beautifully especially given it spends a decent amount of time in traffic!

The TDi would be my pick for the Superb simply because of the more reliable engine and gearbox combo!
Thank you for your reply

Is yours a DSG?

I've read a ton about petrol DSGs breaking down, I myself am a victim. If only the diesel superb came with a manual .
Old 27th April 2017, 22:49   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your reply

Is yours a DSG?

I've read a ton about petrol DSGs breaking down, I myself am a victim. If only the diesel superb came with a manual .
I have a couple of friends who have the previous generation superb petrol manual. They have run between 60K - 80K each, and no major problems.

the thing about this petrol engine is that it drinks a lot of oil !! As long as you are careful to not stretch your luck and keep a good care of it, I think it will be OK.

I think the risk with the DSG/mechanotronic is greater.
kdadi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 17:10   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your reply

Is yours a DSG?

It's a DSG

The Superb MT is another option but in traffic you will miss the convenience of the AT.
Old 3rd May 2017, 12:18   #179
Senior - BHPian

We have the 2016 Skoda Superb L&K Diesel which is used by my Uncle. I usually shuffle between my 2011 VW Polo 1.6 and my 2015 VW Jetta DSG. The other day I happened to drive the Superb and I found it very sluggish as compared to my Jetta. I did not enjoy it at all.

I was actually surprised and concerned that the Superb being a car with 177 bhp and 350 Nm torque was so sluggish as compared to my Jetta with 140 bhp and 320 Nm torque. I mean, when even with slight acceleration, the Jetta is eager to move as compared to the Superb which is slower. I am not sure if this is normal or is there something wrong with the car.

Anybody experienced something like this?
Old 9th June 2017, 08:16   #180
BANNED

Skoda Superb tops survey: Best car to own in the UK: India too?

The Skoda Superb has topped the Driver Power survey, one of the biggest in the UK, conducted by Auto Express and the best car, across segments is the Skoda Superb with an overall score of 93.42...!!!

Source: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/best-ca...r-2017-results

A lot of us in India too have been enamoured by great car that the Superb is, on almost every count and the Brits seem to be simply loving it. In fact, the Yeti (now discontinued in India and about to replaced internationally with the Karoq), took second spot while the Fabia leads in its segment.

With such great cars and customer trust, Skoda has found a firm foothold in the UK car market.

Hope to see such successes for them in India too.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks