Team-BHP - Skoda Superb : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Superb : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/175340-skoda-superb-official-review-18.html)

So our 2016 Skoda Superb TDI L&K happened to face the wrath of Mumbai roads and endured a minor cut on the front right tyre. We have patched the tyre from within and also added a tube inside the tyre as a precautionary measure. However, we got the TPMS warning after driving a few meter post the tyre work.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-skoda-superb-tpms.jpg

The question here; is the patch and tube the problem (taking into account that the tires are tubeless which are confusing the TPMS) or is there actually still a loss of air from somewhere? Could it also be the valve losing air as this is now the valve of the tube and not the original valve which is supposed to be fitted to the rim.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4436845)
So our 2016 Skoda Superb TDI L&K happened to face the wrath of Mumbai roads and endured a minor cut on the front right tyre. We have patched the tyre from within and also added a tube inside the tyre as a precautionary measure. However, we got the TPMS warning after driving a few meter post the tyre work.

Attachment 1785644

The question here; is the patch and tube the problem (taking into account that the tires are tubeless which are confusing the TPMS) or is there actually still a loss of air from somewhere? Could it also be the valve losing air as this is now the valve of the tube and not the original valve which is supposed to be fitted to the rim.

As it is indirect tpms which compares the RPM of each tire, the error means the tire now has a different rolling circumference compared to others. It cloud be due to loss of air or due to extra sidewall stiffness due to the tube inside.

SUPERB SPORTLINE appears in its portal, launching soon.

Skoda Superb : Official Review-sk.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancer_rit (Post 4277489)
Does your car have a WLAN option in the "System Settings" on the Amundsen HU ? In my Style, there is no such option though the manual shows this is possible in Amundsen ..

After several follow ups with Skoda India and dealer, WLAN and BossConnect was enabled on the HU of my MY18 Superb Style couple of months back (was travelling and wanted to check it out properly before posting here). Kiran at Vinayak skoda service followed up, and made the setting change to "enable" the WLAN HW which was already present in the car (as confirmed by Skoda India Product Manager). He seems an enthusiastic and capable technical lead at the A.S.S.
So if any MY18 Superb owners don't have the WLAN feature enabled, you may pursue with your dealer and/or Skoda India.
With WLAN enabled, you can use Skoda Media Command app to control the music system, and Skoda One App can connect over wireless to the HU, no need to plugin to the car.

For the TSI AT, are the stock Tyres (17”) fine or would it be recommended to upgrade to Michelin P3STs?

Guys, a query. So, I happened to misplace one of the front door umbrellas, and I’ve been calling up my dealership occasionally to find out whether I can buy a new one. Do I need the second umbrella? Perhaps not, but I can’t get over the fact that I lost an original accessory of my car, even if it’s only an umbrella. Is there any way I can buy an original Skoda umbrella from somewhere? Does anyone know anyone in the Skoda dealerships who would know something about this? Surely, I can’t be the only one who lost one of these, right? ...right?

Also, how do we get spare plastic pouches for the mini waste bin to be kept in the door pockets? The ones that came fitted with the car are soiled, given the regular use over the past year, so I’d like to change the plastic cover alone, if I could.

Also guys, has anyone recently purchased an L&K TSI AT? I had a few questions.

1. Does it come with the 8" HU or the 6.5 shown in the review?
2. Does it come with the 3 key personalisation or just 2 keys?
3. Again, are the stock Tyres good or do they need to be upgraded to P3STs?

Thank you

Quote:

Originally Posted by gk1234 (Post 4458060)
Is there any way I can buy an original Skoda umbrella from somewhere?

Maybe you should have a look here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zahir (Post 4458143)
Also guys, has anyone recently purchased an L&K TSI AT? I had a few questions.

1. Does it come with the 8" HU or the 6.5 shown in the review?
2. Does it come with the 3 key personalisation or just 2 keys?

Thank you

For anyone looking for this information, this is what I found out

The current L&K features the 8” screen and 3 personalised keys

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zahir (Post 4458143)

Thank you

What brand and model are the stock tyres?

In that size, there are a whole lot more options depending what you're looking for. In fact, Michelin just launched the P4ST though only in 15" - awaiting review from the experts on that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 4458608)
What brand and model are the stock tyres?

In that size, there are a whole lot more options depending what you're looking for. In fact, Michelin just launched the P4ST though only in 15" - awaiting review from the experts on that.

They come with eithe Apolo or Bridgestone

On another note, I’ve TDed both the Automatics - 1.8 TSI and 2.0 TDI. Coming from a Jetta TDI AT, the diesel superb is significantly more engaging & exhilarating to drive. I did, however, find the suspension to be much harder and more like the Jetta on the diesel. It could just be the TD car but is that the case on the superb in general?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zahir (Post 4462777)
They come with eithe Apolo or Bridgestone

On another note, I’ve TDed both the Automatics - 1.8 TSI and 2.0 TDI. Coming from a Jetta TDI AT, the diesel superb is significantly more engaging & exhilarating to drive. I did, however, find the suspension to be much harder and more like the Jetta on the diesel. It could just be the TD car but is that the case on the superb in general?

Quite surprising - the diesel engine is a little heavier but that shouldn't impact the ride and handling that much.
Check the tyre pressure on the TD model once maybe?

Apollo and bridgestone shouldn't be a problem for 99% of our conditions. Only if you really push the car should you look at changing to performance oriented tyres. The Michelins will be a little more quieter and comfortable - maybe if you get a good buyback on the stock ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 4462854)
Quite surprising - the diesel engine is a little heavier but that shouldn't impact the ride and handling that much.
Check the tyre pressure on the TD model once maybe?

Apollo and bridgestone shouldn't be a problem for 99% of our conditions. Only if you really push the car should you look at changing to performance oriented tyres. The Michelins will be a little more quieter and comfortable - maybe if you get a good buyback on the stock ones.

So both TDI and TSI run the same suspension setup? Interesting...

The stock tyres were terribly noisy. I’ve been using the Michelin P3STs on other cars and they’re pretty good. I think they would make a good upgrade. Not sure if the PS4s are available in the 17” profile and size of the L&K

Edit : Seems P3STs are the only choice for the superb’s 215/55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zahir (Post 4463060)

The stock tyres were terribly noisy. I’ve been using the Michelin P3STs on other cars and they’re pretty good. I think they would make a good upgrade.

Edit : Seems P3STs are the only choice for the superb’s 215/55

Which make of tyres on your Superb ? The Apollo aspire 4G tyres on mine are not noisy, if not silent.

215/55R17 has limited options as you point out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancer_rit (Post 4463726)
Which make of tyres on your Superb ? The Apollo aspire 4G tyres on mine are not noisy, if not silent.

215/55R17 has limited options as you point out.

I don’t have a Superb, just evaluating the car. Not sure of the model but the tyres were quite noisy on both TD cars. Of course, road conditions play a big role as well I guess but my Jetta’s 25k km P3ST are still pretty silent on the same roads