Team-BHP - Skoda Superb : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Superb : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/175340-skoda-superb-official-review-28.html)

Hi friends, am a new member on the forum and this is my first post. Undoubtedly this is the place that helped me with my choice of car!! After hanging on to my i20 for 10years (which I will still hold on), I have finally taken a plunge! Was in the market since last 2 years waiting to buy a car and had lots of options. It was initially just SUV for the 90% of the time.. figured out that with the budget I had, there wasn’t a proper SUV except Jeep Compass. But I found the lack of automatic tough to accept and neither ok to pay such premium on Trailhawk. Then on to Innova crysta which was outrightly rejected by my 12 yr old son. I test drove the new Civic. While I was trying to make up my mind on civic or Jeep Compass (either of them would have been a compromise) I discovered the world of Octavia. Once I test drove it, I fell in love with it. But what made it difficult to choose was the option of upgrading to Superb. Once I saw a red colored Superb Sportline I knew my decision. A good offer and a gorgeous looking car made it irresistible and so SUPERB it is!! Have just paid a token amount and waiting for final payment and further formalities. Should have the car delivered in 10 days or so! Will share a detailed post along with pics!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli (Post 4647933)
Hi, just one question: does your suspension make a more than necessary sound, when crossing rumble strips or potholes? If you have read the thread by Nikhil B where they forgot to remove the suspension stops for transportation. Please do let us know. I feel my cars suspension thuds more than usual, when it goes over a pothole or a breaker.

Well, I did not notice that behaviour in general, i tried crossing over the bumps upto 20 kmph, it glides and no thud sound is noticed, but on rough patches noise is transmitted to the compartment, but it is not unusually high.
I hope this hellps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy73 (Post 4649892)
Well...I hope this hellps.

Absolutely and thank you! To update : SUPERB has no suspension stops. I have spoken to SKODA people and I checked myself. I was a victim of incorrect petrol pump air dispenser calibration. What I thought was 33 was 40 plus cold. It is now 33ish cold, measured with a known good gauge and the ride quality matches what you have described. With the monsoons, the roads have started getting worse and that was the reason why I could make out something was amiss, as there were more potholes to be tackled. lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4596567)
Rubbish! Refer this thread and the image below. Pretty sure Skoda has delinked the 2 for those customers who want it delinked. However, do carry out the math and see what makes sense depending on what deal you can get for external insurance.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...aunched-3.html

Is it only valid for the listed 3 insurers - Bajaj Allianz, Reliance General or United India ? Or we can have any insurer and buy this extended coverage .

Did the 2nd service this weekend at Vinayak Skoda. The bill was about Rs. 17.4k. Overall, reasonable job though a couple of squeaky rattles remain..

It seems Skoda India is replacing 60Wh Exide battery with 72Wh Tatra (?) battery as per a notification since Oct last year. So, if anyone still has the 60Wh battery, they can go to the service centre to get it replaced.
Unfortunately, they didn't have the bigger battery casing in stock at Vinayak, so I have to go back to get the battery swap.

Hello everyone,

So we have been having a bit of a bother with our 2016 Skoda Superb L&K TDI. From the time we have bought the car, it has always been giving us some trouble of the other. There have been AC failures where we changed the compressor twice, a fuel tank change, Start/Stop button change, Key Fob changed, and many more. Fortunately, all have been covered under warranty.

Now, the latest failure was pretty odd. So a friend of our took the car from Mumbai to Shirdi last evening. On the way at Nashik, the AC cooling stopped (blower was working) and the car over heated to 120 degrees. The glow plug sign also lit up in 'yellow'. The car was stopped and the car was driven to a nearby Authorised Service Centre. Nothing could happen last night.

Today, on speaking to the service adviser I was told that it was a matter of a simple fuse going kaput. The fuse was changed and all was ok until the car left the workshop and after a 10 km drive the fuse blew again. This particular fuse is the fuse to the Relay Box.

On further investigation, the Skoda team noted that the fuse was of 10 amps where in the specifications states 7.5 amps. The 10 amp fuses are used in the petrol versions. They changed the fuse to 7.5 amps and told the driver to drive without the AC. The driver is currently on the way back to Mumbai and has reached Thane city and has not had an issue so far. I have now told him to drive the next 20 kms with the AC on so that if the fuse blows again, we can suspect that it is something related to the AC.

I am however puzzled as to how come a 10 amp fuse is blowing continuously but a 7.5 amp fuse is working fine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4665373)
Hello everyone,

So we have been having a bit of a bother with our 2016 Skoda Superb L&K TDI.

Hi Epic, did this get resolved fully?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 4665373)

Now, the latest failure was pretty odd. So a friend of our took the car from Mumbai to Shirdi last evening. On the way at Nashik, the AC cooling stopped (blower was working) and the car over heated to 120 degrees. The glow plug sign also lit up in 'yellow'. The car was stopped and the car was driven to a nearby Authorised Service Centre. Nothing could happen last night.

If the car was stuttering also, it could be the EGR which failed. The EGR has a built in cooling system which might be throwing the high temperature error. The glow plug light comes on as a consequence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4670158)
Hi Epic, did this get resolved fully?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 4670168)
If the car was stuttering also, it could be the EGR which failed. The EGR has a built in cooling system which might be throwing the high temperature error. The glow plug light comes on as a consequence.

So just when we thought the issue may have been resolved, the fuse blew again during a short drive in the city. We once again gave the car to the Skoda Authorised Centre and on diagnosing found a half cut wire (probably by a rat) which was fixed.

The car was tested for 25 kms and then handed over to us. It's been two days post delivery and so far the issue hasn't cropped up yet.

Hey guys

Anyone else notice fogging/moisture towards the bottom of the headlights (drl area) during the rains? Faulty headlight assembly?

I was trying to get some information regarding the Superb. The sales person has informed me that both the manual and sportline variants have been discontinued.

Bummer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zahir (Post 4672397)
Hey guys

Anyone else notice fogging/moisture towards the bottom of the headlights (drl area) during the rains? Faulty headlight assembly?

Yes I have this issue with my new superb sportline. The dealer says this is normal and shouldn’t affect anything. Hope so!

Am yet to explore all features on the superb sportline. Just a question, does superb have cruise control?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madhusudhan (Post 4675961)
Am yet to explore all features on the superb sportline. Just a question, does superb have cruise control?

Yes. Check the indicator stalk. There would be a small button on top which moves in 3 clicks in a sideways direction. It is for setting, resuming and switching the cruise control off. The speed can be adjusted by the buttons on the left hand side of the indicator stalk. You just cant miss it.

see this from the official review

https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/201...-superb-07.jpg

Would highly recommend reading the official review and other pages here and the owners manual once to get yourself familiar with the car

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madhusudhan (Post 4675961)
Just a question, does superb have cruise control?

A simple Google search would have given you the answer!
It has cruise control.

What I couldn't get from the same Google search is that whether it has DCC like Passat. Even the brochure doesn't mention anything about DCC whereas some news articles around 2016 talks about Skoda planning to add DCC to Superb.