Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2021, 10:01   #466
sgm
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
That's it. Thank you for reading this far and hope this helps anyone else who is looking for a car. Happy to answer any questions if you are considering one.
Congrats manku on your upgrade. What a beautiful colour. Superb is a very sensible buy, lots of space, practicality, good on performance and nice nifty features. Wishing you a lots of happy miles.
sgm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 11:13   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Firstly, Happy New Year 2021! Posting a mini ownership update on the 2020 Superb that I bought in October.
Congrats manku on your latest acquisition, and it really is a Superb One at that

Have always loved the Superb for what it offers and everything this Czech is really worth. I have always suggested this Car to the ones who were not really willing to stretch to the E Class/A6/5 series. Although it looks extremely classy in its latest iteration, the first gen Superb still looks good and that is the best part about this Skoda.

Wish you a very happy, long and fuss free ownership and a great motoring.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 11:40   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Mini ownership update on the 2020 Superb that I bought in October.
Congrats on your new purchase. Show us some interior pics of this beauty please!

What an elegant looking car, oozes class even though it gets modern cuts and creases.

Wish you a million happy miles!
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2021, 14:21   #469
BHPian

Congratulations on your new acquisition, I wish you many happy miles on her.

I always tell people that compared to the 5 series, E class etc the Superb offers 90% of the car at 50% of the price and your review was a perfect testament to that.
armaan_singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 00:01   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2069401

That's it. Thank you for reading this far and hope this helps anyone else who is looking for a car. Happy to answer any questions if you are considering one.
Drool.

I've never been able to pass a Skoda on road without a second glance. I LOVE the crystal cut designs of Skoda and Superb is truly a drool worthy masterpiece.

The last parting shot with the rear three quarter looks smashing. And Laurin & Klement is an elusive badge I hope to own one day.

Kudos for following your heart and going longer, for a proper sedan when the world seems to be running higher and higher with the SUV rage.

Skoda makes the best looking mass market cars in our country now and your lava blue seductively reinforces that fact.

Just like the Kodiaq can put to shame the Q series, the Superb is truly best in next segment. Happy miles with it!
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 09:01   #471
BHPian

Congratulations Manku . Superb indeed was the best choice of the lot . Agree totally that this car brings unstoppable smile on your face. It's really a shame on Skoda for having botched up their ASS after giving such amazing cars to us . I hope that these horror stories remain the thing of the past now.

I took delivery of my 2018 Superb TSI Style day before yesterday . It's just done 25Km and is impeccably maintained .

I have driven just 100 km since taking delivery and more I drive , I get more smiles on my face .

While driving yesterday , I got so overwhelmed with the drive that I called my wife who was in a meeting to tell how much feel one with the car now and how I feel this car was made for me from the moment I saw it . After a pause she just kept the phone saying " I wish you would have said half this sentence in our last 15 years of marriage " ..

I realized what blunder I did and politely cut the conversation there and then . I am sure this is going to haunt me for some more time .

My previous affair with my 2010 Chevy Cruze AT lasted 10 years and came crashing down due to the ban of diesel vehicle in NCR . I had maintained cruze immaculately and loved every minute of time spent on the car . Never wanted to part away but had no choice .

But last 36 hours with Superb has brought the smiles back and I hope to get millions more in the due course .

Regards .

Quote:
Firstly, Happy New Year 2021! Posting a mini ownership update on the 2020 Superb that I bought in October.

When I bought my first new car back in 2015 (everything I had owned/driven before had been pre-owned), I spent a crazy amount of time on Team BHP reading through everything and searching for the perfect car. I finally bought a Creta AT (the second car to be delivered in Bangalore !) and happily enjoyed the car for 5 years. This time, I want to give something back to this community that has given me so much information and help over the year by writing up what I can to help anyone else going through a similar situation as me.
Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th January 2021 at 09:45.
i_nv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 10:04   #472
BHPian

Congratulations, Manku and i_NV. Love the Lava Blue colour. Am working on pricing of a Sportline for the last few weeks. Love the ride quality and that super 2.0 TSI. Just a wee bit worried on buying a petrol car in this price bracket and wondering resaleability after say 9 to 10 yrs. Given most of the competition in this price bracket is diesel.
SanjuInGgn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 11:21   #473
BHPian

Congratulations for buying a Superb car (Pun intended). Skoda makes really good cars which punch above their weight class.
Hopefully by my next purchase their service quality is improved so I can also finally own one. Do share the interior pics whenever you get time.

Last edited by Mountainman21 : 5th January 2021 at 11:36.
Mountainman21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 13:07   #474
BHPian

Quote:

Wired Carplay/Android auto: The Creta (2015) did not even have Carplay or Android auto, so having maps on the HU is quite cool. The wires though are just annoying. Also, wireless charging would have been great to have at this price point. The 2021 Octy is coming with both of these in the latest Amundsen system. Also, CarPlay seems a little inconsistent with Amazon music (google maps is rock solid).
I have ordered for this and it seems to be a good option to go wireless for Android Auto:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/
Old 5th January 2021, 15:29   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
I have ordered for this and it seems to be a good option to go wireless for Android Auto:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/
Please let us know how it goes. I read reviews of https://cplay2air.com/ and it has super mixed reviews and didn't feel comfortable enough to order. The more I use wired carplay/AA, the more annoyed I get - It would be nice to hand the phone to back seat passengers to let them control the music etc without having to have the cable stretch all the way.

Thank you everyone. Especially in the Tier 2 cities, and in the metros as well, there are so few Superb's out there. It's a good feeling to be exclusive, but also worrying about what am I missing that others are seeing. Your responses here help reassure me that there are fans of the Superb out there .

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_nv View Post
Congratulations Manku . Superb indeed was the best choice of the lot . Agree totally that this car brings unstoppable smile on your face. It's really a shame on Skoda for having botched up their ASS after giving such amazing cars to us . I hope that these horror stories remain the thing of the past now.

I took delivery of my 2018 Superb TSI Style day before yesterday . It's just done 25Km and is impeccably maintained .
Congratulations and wish you a lot of happy miles. Maybe get your wife to drive as well and then you will both be equally entranced

Last edited by Vid6639 : 5th January 2021 at 16:25. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 06:18   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Please let us know how it goes. I read reviews of https://cplay2air.com/ and it has super mixed reviews and didn't feel comfortable enough to order.
AAwireless dongles will start shipping in March according to the developer. He is still finalizing the prototype, but considering he is the guy behind 2 successful apps that can mimic the wireless experience (in one case, without even the need for the HU to support AA/Carplay), it should work well.

Cplay and other generic Chinese solutions only enable Apple Carplay and that experience is also super patchy.

Last edited by andafunda : 6th January 2021 at 06:20.
andafunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 10:35   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Great review, Manku. Having bought the same (in same colour as well), totally echo your views on the car.

Though we arrived at the same decision, my journey to the decision was very short. Took the decision over a period of 2 days.
Scorpio80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2021, 13:41   #478

Congrats manku on your new Superb. The Superb is one of my most admired cars in the segment and your car in blue really looks super beautiful. From the pictures you shared, I just figured out that we are neighbors and I stay at tower 2. I see your car almost everyday when I drive out and mine is the humble silver polo(you will see a white vento very soon) that you see just a few feet away from yours
Happy and safe driving.
DrivingAddict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 13:59   #479
BHPian

Congrats Manku and as a fellow owner of a Superb Sportsline can vouch for whatever you have mentioned. Lava Blue looks awesome and was our first color choice but Virtual Cockpit & Black Interiors tilted us towards the Sportsline, a white one at that. I am also looking for solutions to make the Carplay wireless but for now have settled for a wire with a very small length. I am a lousy writer but will try to put an ownership review.
Zodak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 14:53   #480
BHPian

Hi Manku - Had a quick question - did you do a VIN decode and figure out the month of manufacturing for your car?

I am purchasing a Superb too - but getting a May VIN (assembled in July). Would love to exchange notes, as am based in Blore too.

Regards
SanjuInGgn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks