Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2021, 13:13   #571
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

The SA told me, "Sir, you will get 2020 SL model BUT you have to pay the revised (Ex-showroom) price which is now 31.99L as opposed to 29.99L. Additionally, you will get a 75K discount on this price".

So in effect I will be paying additional 2L (minus 75K discount) for a 2020 car ? I asked the SA to recheck this. I thought the new price was only applicable on the newer 2021 model with more features. If I am opting for the 2020 model why will I pay the updated price and get an older model for a measly 75K off? Please help me out here if I am missing anything. Also, 75K off on the 2020 Sportline is pretty low, no?
Makes no sense as the new 2021 Sportline gets Wireless Android Auto, new infotainment system, Dynamic LED projectors + new steering wheel.

It should be old ex-showroom + discount way more than 75K.

The dealer is pulling a fast one on you to sell old car with new sticker price.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 18:48   #572
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Superb gets some Team-BHP love

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20210206-11.54.41.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20210205-14.05.18.jpg

Quote:
The SA told me, "Sir, you will get 2020 SL model BUT you have to pay the revised (Ex-showroom) price which is now 31.99L as opposed to 29.99L. Additionally, you will get a 75K discount on this price".
That SA has got to be kidding. Tell him to take a hike. If he can give you a couple of lakhs off, good. If not, wait for a quarter or two. You'll easily get an irresistible deal.

That said, do note that the 6 lakh discount was on the L&K only. I don't remember what it was for the Sportline, but it wasn't as big.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 19:31   #573
BHPian

I had enquired about both the Superb variants at EVM Skoda, Ernakulam 2 weeks back. They were offering the 2020 sportline variant at around 36 lakhs against an actual on-road of about 41 lakhs and the L&K at around 38 against actual on-road price of 44 lakhs. The on-road prices in Kerala are on the higher side because of the high road tax and the kerala flood cess.
mobydick1983 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 21:28   #574

Just as GTO based his decision to buy a 2020 superb...I did too. I picked up the car from the now closed Autobahn Mumbai in the end of December 2020 and got delivery of the same on 7/1/2021. Discount offered was around 500000. My initial plan was to replace my 2016 bmw x1 but then I decided to replace my verna. Seltos was a choice but then given the safety ratings I dropped the plan.

I got the superb in white with brown interior similar to GTOs and I am so glad about this purchase. I love driving this car so much so that I now prefer it over the bmw x1.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-20210109_141124.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20210109_172328.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20210109_141218.jpg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20210108_134702.jpg  

bhpraj is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 12:32   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Makes no sense.
One question: does the 2021 Sportline also get the new 2 spoke steering wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That SA has got to be kidding.
New deal. Received a call back from the SA saying they can offer me 2020 VIN car but it will be 2021 model with all the new features. Cash discount - 100k and free service pack worth ~49k.

i think Sportline variants never had as big a discounts as the L&K. Not sure why. I can wait for a few more months though.

Last edited by Pancham : 7th February 2021 at 12:33.
Old 7th February 2021, 12:36   #576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One question: does the 2021 Sportline also get the new 2 spoke steering wheel?
No the Sportline gets an all new 3 spoke flat bottomed wheel. It's different than the older Sportline as well.

Quote:
New deal. Received a call back from the SA saying they can offer me 2020 VIN car but it will be 2021 model with all the new features. Cash discount - 100k and free service pack worth ~49k.

i think Sportline variants never had as big a discounts as the L&K. Not sure why. I can wait for a few more months though.
This 2020 VIN is fine. The car would be assembled in 2021 or late 2020 but VIN will be a month or 2 older as VIN comes from the kit which they import and kit is couple of months before.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2021, 18:53   #577
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpraj View Post
Just as GTO based his decision to buy a 2020 superb...I did too. I picked up the car from the now closed Autobahn Mumbai in the end of December 2020 and got delivery of the same on 7/1/2021. Discount offered was around 500000.
Congrats! I guess you got this deal from Autobahn? It was the first one they offered, before we started bargaining:
Skoda Superb : Official Review-img20201214wa0005-1.jpg
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 12:04   #578
Senior - BHPian

A query to the Skoda superb TSI AT owners here and also to those who directly know details, about the AT in the TSI.

Were the DSG issues resolved in the 7 speed AT box in the post 2016/ 2017 Superb TSIs or the issues with that DQ200? 250nm persisted well beyond 2017 (and maybe, to this day)?

Planning to update from my 2010 Laura TSI MT, this year. So hard to settle for any other model that doesn't give so much quality and an experience. (also one of those who thought of Seltos but backed off seeing the crash ratings).

Currently in the research/ look-out for a moderately used Superb TDI/ TSI L&K, 2017 registered (so i can get extended warranty), but keeping my concerns about the ill-famed TSI AT gearbox open.

Suggestions and personal experiences welcome. Thanks! Btw, I'm one of those fortunate Skoda customer who has tided through a 1.4 MPI Fabia and a 1.8 TSI MT Laura with no issues. Love the cars.
Old 8th February 2021, 13:27   #579
BHPian

Quote:
We didn’t want to bring a new car home in wretched 2020, so it was pretty much a done deal that we’ll buy a red or silver Seltos AT in 2022 (10th anniversary of the Nissan Sunny). Three major developments led to this big change of plans!

Two, the Seltos crash test happened! Because the requirement was primarily highway + high speed safety for my younger brother after the aforementioned Deolali trip, the Seltos was immediately dropped. Stupid Kia, as my bro loves the car otherwise!
Hi GTO, a quick question on your purchase decision as you had considered SELTOS, I remember reading your opinion on Tucson and you had regarded it very positively. How would you compare Superb with Tucson (I know they are not the same category of cars) but asking as you had considered Seltos and then picked up a Superb? I am in a dilemma as I need a highway cruiser with some SUVish attitude (AWD will do) but decent ground clearance to handle bad roads. I was considering Jeep Compass but it's rear seat is nothing to talk about. Currently Tucson is on top of my list and maybe Citroen C5 too. Would you recommend evaluating Superb. I have a F30 and 2018 XUV. I am letting go of XUV as it's NVH levels are irritating and it's not comfortable. Please advise.
Old 8th February 2021, 14:23   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
A query to the Skoda superb TSI AT owners here and also to those who directly know details, about the AT in the TSI.

Were the DSG issues resolved in the 7 speed AT box in the post 2016/ 2017 Superb TSIs or the issues with that DQ200? 250nm persisted well beyond 2017 (and maybe, to this day)?

Planning to update from my 2010 Laura TSI MT, this year. So hard to settle for any other model that doesn't give so much quality and an experience. (also one of those who thought of Seltos but backed off seeing the crash ratings).

Currently in the research/ look-out for a moderately used Superb TDI/ TSI L&K, 2017 registered (so i can get extended warranty), but keeping my concerns about the ill-famed TSI AT gearbox open.

Suggestions and personal experiences welcome. Thanks! Btw, I'm one of those fortunate Skoda customer who has tided through a 1.4 MPI Fabia and a 1.8 TSI MT Laura with no issues. Love the cars.
I believe issues in DQ200 have been removed. Nevertheless, it is a good habit to move to neutral while stopped at a signal or to manual in 1st gear if crawling in a traffic jam. Will give you better longevity for your clutch.
mathuranuj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 16:30   #581
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
The DQ200 was a flawed gearbox and no change of oil or software update will solve its fundamental issues. Reports of them failing on ~2 - 3 year old cars are already there on the forum and off it.

If you have to buy a pre-owned Superb, I would only recommend the diesel with the more robust DSG. It is an equally competent engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
I remember reading your opinion on Tucson and you had regarded it very positively. How would you compare Superb with Tucson (I know they are not the same category of cars) but asking as you had considered Seltos and then picked up a Superb?
I absolutely love the Tucson, but the interiors now feel old (next to even the cheaper Creta) and the next-gen model has already been introduced abroad. Will come here soon. The only reason to buy a Tucson today would be if you get some cannot-say-no discounts on it.

Check out my latest post on the Citroen thread . My suggestion = WAIT for the 15th of Feb.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 22:11   #582
BHPian

Congrats GTO! That is a S-U-P-E-R-B buy! Interesting to read through the purchase decision and thought process to jump from a relatively fairly reliable 21Lakh brand to not-so-reliable 35Lakh Skoda! Wishing you and Kunal fuss free years of ownership.
sam264_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 22:45   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The DQ200 was a flawed gearbox and no change of oil or software update will solve its fundamental issues. Reports of them failing on ~2 - 3 year old cars are already there on the forum and off it.

If you have to buy a pre-owned Superb, I would only recommend the diesel with the more robust DSG. It is an equally competent engine.
Thanks indeed, GTO. That statement clears any doubts and harboured hopes, for myself. Potential heartache saved.
Old 9th February 2021, 11:21   #584

Quote:
Congrats! I guess you got this deal from Autobahn? It was the first one they offered, before we started bargaining:
Attachment 2119179
I got it for just under the 35 L mark.

Also can you please tell me as to what kind of enhancements you propose to do such as PPF / Ceramic etc etc.

I was advised against PPF because of the white color of the car due to which the yellowing of the PPF might be visible. I got ceramic done.

Thanks.
Old 9th February 2021, 11:41   #585
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpraj View Post

I was advised against PPF because of the white color of the car due to which the yellowing of the PPF might be visible. I got ceramic done.

Thanks.
Good quality PPF will not have any colour fade.
Would be recommended wherever you feel prone to scratches such as bumpers, etc.
lamborghini is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks