Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 23:15   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manku View Post
The ground clearance has been absolutely fine for me so far, but I am not familiar with the roads you mention, so cant comment on that. In Bangalore/Karnataka and Tamil Nadu roads where I have driven, the car's been comfortably ok even on broken roads.

163 mm GC is not in SUV territory, but its not Honda City level either
Hi! Is there a difference in GC between the 2021 Superb and the older generations (2020 and earlier)? Per the brochure from Skoda India, GC (solo) is 156. [laden condition mentions 91, that's so worrisome].
Old 23rd February 2021, 08:06   #617
BHPian

Hi guys, just curious to know about something: in MY2020 and MY2021 Superbs, can you disable the 80kmph/120kmph chimes permanently in your car? I remember my MY18 was configured to alert at the 80kmph, but I could easily disable it in the settings, so I’m curious to know what you can do about the “mandatory” alerts in today’s cars.

Last edited by gk1234 : 23rd February 2021 at 08:07. Reason: Typos
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:01   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk1234 View Post
I remember my MY18 was configured to alert at the 80kmph, but I could easily disable it in the settings, so I’m curious to know what you can do about the “mandatory” alerts in today’s cars.
Needs relatively simple and harmless coding to remove them. The 80/120 ones are hardcoded into the ECM firmware and cannot be 'user-configured' any more.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 14:47   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hi! Is there a difference in GC between the 2021 Superb and the older generations (2020 and earlier)? Per the brochure from Skoda India, GC (solo) is 156. [laden condition mentions 91, that's so worrisome].
hmm, I don't know about the earlier gen's, but 2020 and 2021 are the same. Now that you ask, I cant find where I have my 163 mm information from. Googling around only says 156/158 and I don't have my manual handy. Will check the next time I am in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Needs relatively simple and harmless coding to remove them. The 80/120 ones are hardcoded into the ECM firmware and cannot be 'user-configured' any more.
I am planning to ask at my first service at the Skoda service centre itself. I am hoping they will do it semi-officially. If anyone has gotten these settings removed, I would love to hear about it. The 120 alert is supremely annoying.
manku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 19:33   #620
BHPian

To the Superb owners here:
I went out to the showroom to check the Superb L&K variant and one thing that caught my attention was that the rear bumper plastic by the wheel arch seemed kinda flimsy and later I checked the same for Rapid which seemed very sturdy. What are your thoughts for the same? Does this have a reason?

Also, are mud guards for front wheels required?
Old 24th February 2021, 15:25   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash2709 View Post
To the Superb owners here:
I went out to the showroom to check the Superb L&K variant and one thing that caught my attention was that the rear bumper plastic by the wheel arch seemed kinda flimsy and later I checked the same for Rapid which seemed very sturdy. What are your thoughts for the same? Does this have a reason?

Also, are mud guards for front wheels required?
Havent noticed the read bumper plastic, but I chose not to put the front mudguards as it was looking great (I do get a lot of splash though)
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 08:39   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post

On an different note - I thought the fuel tank capacity was 66L on the Superb. On my recent refueling (the fuel-guage showed reserve), the auto cut off happened after 72L! Am I missing something? To date, I have fueled up thrice. Once right after buying the car (MID showed a range of ~140kms, dont recollect the volume of fuel), and twice when the car showed reserve warning. For each of the last two times, the auto cut off happened after the car swallowed 70+L of fuel.
Is this from the same fuel pump? Try out a different outlet, just to rule out measures fraud.
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 09:20   #623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Is this from the same fuel pump? Try out a different outlet, just to rule out measures fraud.
Both were different pumps! :(
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 16:26   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Both were different pumps! :(
Once the reserve comes on, 70L+ is normal for me. Stated capacity is 66L I think, but actual is definitely higher.

Most pump attenders are pretty surprised by how much goes in (and I continue to be surprised by the bills )

To be clear, I am getting excellent mileage for the car (10-11 in city and 14.5 on highways)
manku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 17:48   #625
BHPian

Yea even I am getting a decent FE of 13.5 on not so good highways with a little spirited driving. Fuel capacity is definitely higher than stated 66l.
Old 25th February 2021, 21:07   #626
BHPian

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4995682 (Skoda Superb : Official Review)

i got a similar call from my SA. can someone explain why a 2021 new model will have a 2020 VIN? and in such situation shouldnt one expect such car to come at bigger discount?
Old 25th February 2021, 21:21   #627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libocta View Post
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4995682 (Skoda Superb : Official Review)

i got a similar call from my SA. can someone explain why a 2021 new model will have a 2020 VIN? and in such situation shouldnt one expect such car to come at bigger discount?
The CKD kits for cars like the Superb are imported, stored and then assembled. This means there will always be a despairity between the MFG date on the kit and the day it left the assembly line. Unless the difference isn't a lot, I wouldn't worry at all.
vishy76 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 21:25   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
The CKD kits for cars like the Superb are imported, stored and then assembled. This means there will always be a despairity between the MFG date on the kit and the day it left the assembly line. Unless the difference isn't a lot, I wouldn't worry at all.
thanks.
and in such case should one expect deep discount that one gets for car with manufacturing in previous calendar year?
Old 25th February 2021, 21:32   #629
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
thanks.
and in such case should one expect deep discount that one gets for car with manufacturing in previous calendar year?
It again depends. If the Superb you are getting has features that were introduced in 2021, then I don't think you can expect discounts as fat as the ones on the older one. If it doesn't get the bells and whistles added in 2021, then you are entitled to some very good discounts though I think all these units have been sold out.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 21:40   #630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
The CKD kits for cars like the Superb are imported, stored and then assembled.
Correct. @libocta: please refer this excellent article and the 2 videos below:
https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/...erseas-travel/

Quote:
And in such case should one expect deep discount that one gets for car with manufacturing in previous calendar year?
No, for CKD & SKD imports (like the Superb, Kodiaq & Octavia 1.4/1.8/2.0 & RS230), what is important is the assembly date in India. That is what is considered to be the official manufacturing date, and duly reflected in the vehicle documentation.

I'm not sure of the 'official' manufacturing date for CBUs (Karoq & RS245) though.

Last edited by itwasntme : 25th February 2021 at 21:48.
itwasntme is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed