Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2021, 11:45   #631

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

My first post !! Booked the Superb sportline 2021 moonwhite (perhaps the first one with 2021 model in this thread ? :-)). Delivery promised before March 10. The only major complaint I see with Superb in all the reviews is the vertical movement at high speeds and body roll while cornering. How bad is it ? Anxious to know. I am upgrading from a Honda Amaze diesel (first gen) and it suffers badly from both these issues. How would Superb compare to the Amaze in these areas ?
X0mbIE is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 13:51   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X0mbIE View Post
My first post !! Booked the Superb sportline 2021 moonwhite (perhaps the first one with 2021 model in this thread ? :-)). Delivery promised before March 10. The only major complaint I see with Superb in all the reviews is the vertical movement at high speeds and body roll while cornering. How bad is it ? Anxious to know. I am upgrading from a Honda Amaze diesel (first gen) and it suffers badly from both these issues. How would Superb compare to the Amaze in these areas ?
Bro, congratulations! I have drooled over the white sportline many times, but sadly couldnt get a white color.

For your question on road manners - Do not worry. When you can, give it the guns (safely of course), and watch the grin appear on your face.
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 15:34   #633
BHPian

I've been on the lookout for a sedan in the 40L range and among all the sedans I test drove, the Superb truly stood out.

Tafe says it may take them upto 45 days to arrange a 2021 model to test drive. Anybody know how I can get my hands on the 2021 model a little earlier in Bengaluru to test drive ? I'm aware that the changes are only cosmetic in nature.
Old 26th February 2021, 17:02   #634

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Bro, congratulations! I have drooled over the white sportline many times, but sadly couldnt get a white color.

For your question on road manners - Do not worry. When you can, give it the guns (safely of course), and watch the grin appear on your face.
Thanks. Please do let me know more on the ride and handling.

Posting some pictures from the yard. This is the unit assigned to me. The date as per the VIN is Oct 2020. But the model year is 2021 (you can notice from the new headlight cluster).

Got a 2 lakh discount on this (30 lakh ex-sh). But dealer said this discount is specifically only for the VIN 20 MY 21 models.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210225-2.49.15-pm.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210225-2.49.14-pm.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20210225-2.49.13-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by X0mbIE : 26th February 2021 at 17:22. Reason: Adding pictures
X0mbIE is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 14:35   #635
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

I recently brought home a Magnetic Brown Skoda Superb L&K (MY20/21). The MY20/21 means that the CKD kit VIN is from 2020 (October of 2020 specifically) but the car was assembled in 2021. The delivery of the car coincided with my Team-Bhp membership approval and I couldn't be happier.

I would like to specially mention GTO because it was his update about the discount he got on a MY2020 Superb that pushed me to explore. Even though I could not get my hands on a MY2020 model, I did get a 'superb' deal on the MY20/21 model.

I have driven the car for about 100kms since delivery and it makes me feel special each time I look at it. I am not revving it hard (for engine run-in) and trying to keep the RPM below 2500. I would start an ownership thread soon to document my journey with the Superb and help the readers and fellow BHPians with my experience.

Few pictures of the beast:

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4617.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4615.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4616.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4618.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4619.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4620.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4621.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-img_4622.jpeg
agrajagarwal is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 15:49   #636

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrajagarwal View Post
Hi Everyone,

I recently brought home a Magnetic Brown Skoda Superb L&K (MY20/21). The MY20/21 means that the CKD kit VIN is from 2020 (October of 2020 specifically) but the car was assembled in 2021. The delivery of the car coincided with my Team-Bhp membership approval and I couldn't be happier.
Congratulations on your purchase, looks striking in this color.

If you don't mind sharing, how much discount were you able to get on this? I am looking to buy and being offered Rs 2.25L discount on the initial on road price that was quoted for the Sportline variant (MY21).

Last edited by manson : 3rd March 2021 at 16:04. Reason: Trimmed quote.
sharutk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 20:03   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharutk View Post
Congratulations on your purchase, looks striking in this color.

If you don't mind sharing, how much discount were you able to get on this? I am looking to buy and being offered Rs 2.25L discount on the initial on road price that was quoted for the Sportline variant (MY21).
Thank you @sharutk.

I got about 4 lakhs off on the on-road price. This includes pushing the dealer to include the Skoda drive assure elite insurance in the package as well (which was a Rs. 60K add on). I was getting a similar deal when I reached out to some dealers in Delhi too.

Happy to review your quotation if you like. You can reach out to me at agrajagarwal@gmail.com (my DMs are not yet active).

Last edited by manson : 3rd March 2021 at 16:04. Reason: Typo in quote.
agrajagarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 09:27   #638
BHPian

Hi All - I came across this Youtube video ( ) and wondering if you have the same animated lights, when locking/unlocking your cars. I don't and hence wondering if this is one of those hidden features that need activation using VCDS?

Thanks for your response.
SanjuInGgn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:19   #639
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Got the full black roof . Looks so much sweeter than the earlier mixed black + white roof & Skoda's sorry attempt at a fake panoramic top:
Skoda Superb : Official Review-20210228-17.30.40.jpg
GTO is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 22:52   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
Hi All - I came across this Youtube video ( https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=u0ELI2WJK6Q ) and wondering if you have the same animated lights, when locking/unlocking your cars. I don't and hence wondering if this is one of those hidden features that need activation using VCDS?

Thanks for your response.

@SanjuInGgn, I do have the same animation when the car is unlocked. I did not activate it through VCDS, came pretty much standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Got the full black roof . Looks so much sweeter than the earlier mixed black + white roof & Skoda's sorry attempt at a fake panoramic top:
Attachment 2127653
@GTO, did you also end up getting PPF? If yes, could you share on what parts (if not the entire car). Thanks

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd March 2021 at 00:36. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote button while quoting and replying to multiple posts at once. Thanks.
Old 3rd March 2021, 00:01   #641
BHPian

Quote:
@SanjuInGgn, I do have the same animation when the car is unlocked. I did not activate it through VCDS, came pretty much standard.

Thanks, agrajagarwal. That's very interesting indeed. Any views from anyone on this? Only differential I see is the Matrix LED light setup between the MY20 & MY21 models. However, rear light cluster setup is identical between the models.
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:54   #642

Quote:
Thank you @sharutk.

I got about 4 lakhs off on the on-road price. This includes pushing the dealer to include the Skoda drive assure elite insurance in the package as well (which was a Rs. 60K add-on). I was getting a similar deal when I reached out to some dealers in Delhi too.

Happy to review your quotation if you like. You can reach out to me at agrajagarwal@gmail.com (my DMs are not yet active).
Congratulations on the new model L&K variant. Happy days!

I got a quote for the L&K variant from Skoda, Trichy(TN) dealer for a 50k discount only. Your discount is because of the VIN20 model but built-in 2021?
How can I verify with the dealer if it is VIN21? Any suggestions to push for further discounts? or will it vary between states for VIN21 models?
sgunasek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 07:46   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgunasek View Post
Congratulations on the new model L&K variant. Happy days!

I got a quote for the L&K variant from Skoda, Trichy(TN) dealer for a 50k discount only. Your discount is because of the VIN20 model but built-in 2021?
How can I verify with the dealer if it is VIN21? Any suggestions to push for further discounts? or will it vary between states for VIN21 models?
Thank you so much sgunasek!

I was told about a similar offer (50K discount) on MY21 models from multiple dealerships. Apparently, this is the discount scheme they are getting from Skoda.

Yes, my discount was because the car’s CKD kit has the VIN for OCT 2020. However, it was manufactured (rather assembled) in India in 2021. The same can be verified through the dealer’s database. This turned out to be an amazing deal because I got the latest (post-facelift) model car for a substantial discount.

You can get the VIN of the car being allotted to you from the dealer and decode it using Team-bhp’s VIN decoder.

One of the easy things to push the dealer is on the insurance quote. These are usually significantly bloated and can be negotiated upon.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th March 2021 at 11:34. Reason: Typos.
Old 6th March 2021, 18:34   #644

Quote:
I have driven the car for about 100kms since delivery and it makes me feel special each time I look at it. I am not revving it hard (for engine run-in) and trying to keep the RPM below 2500. I would start an ownership thread soon to document my journey with the Superb and help the readers and fellow BHPians with my experience.
Congrats. I am still awaiting delivery of my sportline. How is the high speed stability like ? I guess you would have taken it to about 100 - 110 kph speed so far. Please share on your experience of driving dynamics.
X0mbIE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 08:00   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by X0mbIE View Post
Congrats. I am still awaiting delivery of my sportline. How is the high speed stability like ? I guess you would have taken it to about 100 - 110 kph speed so far. Please share on your experience of driving dynamics.
Thank you X0mbIE.

The car has a slight bit of vertical movement (due to the soft suspension) on very uneven roads, though nothing to make you uncomfortable. However, on the day to day roads, you’ll barely feel anything pass through to the cabin. To sum it up in one phrase, it’s a cruise ship with wheels.

I did touch 120 kmph once and the car was extremely sturdy and confident. However, I haven’t had a chance to drive it extensively, since I have been away for work. I’ll share more once I’ve had more experience with the Superb.

Looking forward to your delivery of the Superb. I know the wait is killing

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks