Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2021, 19:13   #661
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

You can explore this cable and see if it suits your need. It's not a great alternative to pulling the charger out of the socket but is more convenient.

As far as hardwiring, I would not recommend anyone to mess with the electricals of a German car especially when it is in warranty.

If you own multiple cars, I would recommend to move this dashcam to a different car or sell it off and buy a different dashcam with auto off or motion sensor feature. It may set you back by 10k Rupees but will give you peace of mind and save a ton of money and headache if something goes wrong electrically.
nagr22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 20:15   #662
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Update - the cig lighter socket in the boot is also set to always on. So are the 2 USB slots, one under the AC controls, and one in the armrest.
Sorry! My bad. I was responding from my phone and I didn't see I'm responding to the Superb thread! I was talking about Octavia, which has the same issue.
SLK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 23:24   #663

Fellow Superb owners, I will be getting the 5th and 6th year extended warranty for my car. The price quoted is 77880/- after GST and its the same across all dealers. However, one dealer is offering 1 year roadside assistance free(so I will have 5 years overall), and the other is offering 2 interior cleaning service for free. Which would be a better option in your opinion?.
Old 11th March 2021, 00:16   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theudrocks View Post
Fellow Superb owners, I will be getting the 5th and 6th year extended warranty for my car. The price quoted is 77880/- after GST and its the same across all dealers. However, one dealer is offering 1 year roadside assistance free(so I will have 5 years overall), and the other is offering 2 interior cleaning service for free. Which would be a better option in your opinion?.
For Octavia, when I took the extended warranty, 5th/6th year, the RSA was extended for 2 years as part of the warranty. Is the dealer offering one more year - 7th year? If not, what is the dealer offering free, when it's already part of the extended warranty?

Yes, 2 interior cleaning is good to have, would otherwise cost you ~ 4k with Tax. So it's good.

BTW, got an offer for 5th/6th year service pack as well with about 12% discount. So took it - which covers 75k / 90 k kms services - all material and labour included. You can check that as well for Superb. Looks like Skoda indeed is interested in improving the service experience.

Last edited by Karvel : 11th March 2021 at 00:22.
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 12:26   #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
For Octavia, when I took the extended warranty, 5th/6th year, the RSA was extended for 2 years as part of the warranty. Is the dealer offering one more year - 7th year? If not, what is the dealer offering free, when it's already part of the extended warranty?

Yes, 2 interior cleaning is good to have, would otherwise cost you ~ 4k with Tax. So it's good.

BTW, got an offer for 5th/6th year service pack as well with about 12% discount. So took it - which covers 75k / 90 k kms services - all material and labour included. You can check that as well for Superb. Looks like Skoda indeed is interested in improving the service experience.
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, the associate clearly mentioned that I will have overall 5 year RSA, and the extended warranty doesn't come with any additional RSA. I was confused as well, as at the time of purchase if I would have opted for Shield plus, I would have gotten the additional 2 year RSA. I am leaning towards the free interior cleaning as well.

Maybe I should look at the service package as well. I didn't consider it as the there was barely any difference in price when I used the Skoda service calculator.
Old 11th March 2021, 13:02   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, the associate clearly mentioned that I will have overall 5 year RSA, and the extended warranty doesn't come with any additional RSA. I was confused as well, as at the time of purchase if I would have opted for Shield plus, I would have gotten the additional 2 year RSA. I am leaning towards the free interior cleaning as well.

Maybe I should look at the service package as well. I didn't consider it as the there was barely any difference in price when I used the Skoda service calculator.
Please check the below link. The offer includes RSA and I too got it. But this is about 1 year back. I hope they have not changed the terms.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4750272
Old 12th March 2021, 15:03   #667
BHPian

Hi All - Is there any way to increase the time delay (OR speed sensitivity) before*Auto Stop/Start kicks in? My 2020 2.0 TSI Sportline "Stops" every time I am crossing a small hump on the road - when the car has not come to a full standstill.*I may have slowed down*such that speed is*lesser than 5 Km/Hr [though have*not come to a full standstill, as at a traffic signal].*In all such instances, I find the car "Stopping" and then "Starting".

I end up deactivating the Stop/Start for such situations BUT wondering if there is any way to increase the "Time Delay" post which Auto Stop/Start kicks in.

Appreciate expert views on this pls.
Old 12th March 2021, 15:58   #668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post
Hi All - Is there any way to increase the time delay (OR speed sensitivity) before*Auto Stop/Start kicks in? My 2020 2.0 TSI Sportline "Stops" every time I am crossing a small hump on the road - when the car has not come to a full standstill.*I may have slowed down*such that speed is*lesser than 5 Km/Hr [though have*not come to a full standstill, as at a traffic signal].*In all such instances, I find the car "Stopping" and then "Starting".
That doesn't sound right, if true. The auto stop kicks in when the car is in N for some seconds. In your case, since the car is in gear and is moving, the engine shouldn't shutdown. It seems to be a different problem, please get it checked.
Old 12th March 2021, 16:12   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All - Is there any way to increase the time delay (OR speed sensitivity) before*Auto Stop/Start kicks in? ...
Appreciate expert views on this pls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
That doesn't sound right, if true. ...
@ashis89, I don't think that is how it works in the Superb. I second SanjuInGgn's experience, and feel that the Auto start stop is designed to cut off the engine when the car is stopped, regardless of Gear selection (please correct me if I'm wrong! ). It does, rather annoyingly, cut off when you crawl over speed breakers.

I am not aware of any way to change the time delay, would love to know.

In my experience, the engine shuts off when:
  • when I crawl over speed breakers or bad roads
  • I come to a complete stop for a few seconds

The car starts up when I give it gas, or if the cabin temp increases enough to warrant the AC turning back on (AC in auto climate control mode).

I wonder, does the force applied on the breaks affect this behavior? I've noticed that the auto hold will NOT engage if I come to a halt with a very light press of the brake pedal. I have to push it harder to engage auto stop.

Something to try out
DDiSLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 16:35   #670
BHPian

The Auto Stop/Start takes a couple of inputs to decide whether to cut off the engine or not. Its a mix of engine temp / power load on the electronics etc. That is why, at times when you stop at a light but the Auto Stop has NOT cut off the engine, you can see the "Info" to determine which parameter was not met.

Likewise, it starts with different types of inputs like pressing the gas, moving the steering a little, cabin temp etc.

However, I don't think the brake force seems to be one of those inputs, since I have tried in identical conditions on less brake force and greater brake force. But its behaved the same.

I was wondering if anyone has explored this for options using a VCDS or VAS. Or if your car behaves differently.

What is also interesting is that DDISLover and my car are the identical variants - Sportline and from similar VIN series. Not sure if that has any co-relation.
SanjuInGgn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 18:19   #671
BHPian

Quote:
The Auto Stop/Start takes a couple of inputs to decide whether to cut off the engine or not.
Sometimes, when I speak too loudly at a traffic signal, the car starts up!
manku is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 18:29   #672
BHPian

My sportline doesn’t auto-stop till I am actually stationary. Haven’t noticed auto start/stop getting activated on crawling speeds. Will try and confirm. Meanwhile my auto start stop had an issue because of which after the car was shut off it didn’t crank even after pushing the accelerator. I had to get the software reset and the system is working fine since then.
Old 12th March 2021, 22:47   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All - Is there any way to increase the time delay (OR speed sensitivity) before*Auto Stop/Start kicks in? .
The Auto Stop/start is something that cannot be tuned via settings. It does get overwhelming at times and it's the first thing I disable when I begin to drive. Here's a thread from Briskoda that might be of interest. The author states how his car 'stops just as he's pulling onto the only roundabout'.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topi...ble-stopstart/
Old 14th March 2021, 12:13   #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Please check the below link. The offer includes RSA and I too got it. But this is about 1 year back. I hope they have not changed the terms.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4750272
I checked with the service associate again, and he said that RSA is not included with extended warranty. But I can always get RSA with the insurance(have it in my current one as well), so opted for the interior dry cleaning option.

Also, has anyone made the extended warranty payment or any payment to Skoda for that matter via a link sent on mail?. The mail id is just a noreply billdesk(no official Skoda id or cc to anyone), and I've watched way too many of those customer awareness payment scam ads as part of my last job.
theudrocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 23:34   #675
BHPian

Quote:
I checked with the service associate again, and he said that RSA is not included with extended warranty. But I can always get RSA with the insurance(have it in my current one as well), so opted for the interior dry cleaning option.

Also, has anyone made the extended warranty payment or any payment to Skoda for that matter via a link sent on mail?. The mail id is just a noreply billdesk(no official Skoda id or cc to anyone), and I've watched way too many of those customer awareness payment scam ads as part of my last job.
Ok. Interior cleaning is a good option. With the beige interiors, atleast once in a year a good cleaning is required.

Yes, i had made the payment for both the extended warranty as well as the service package through the link sent. Both got acknowledged by the SA and then reflected in the Skoda App as well.
Karvel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks