Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2021, 01:56   #706
BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb : Official Review

Quick Question to all MY20 Superb owners. Can you pls let me know if you get an "Animated" Coming Home / Leaving Home rear light effect? Here is the Youtube video for reference.

Thank you.
Old 20th March 2021, 08:36   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Thanks for sharing. Irrespective of the thin film between the clutch plates, is it not better to ease out the pressure on the clutch plates by moving to neutral?. And autohold does not disengage the clutch, as i could understand from the discussion in the thread.
I have read multiple articles about this and there are varied views about leaving the car in auto-hold. I am somehow partially convinced that the there is no pressure on the gearbox if the car is not in motion. This is specially okay with the wet clutch DSGs.

Ps- this is what I could understand. I would dare not say that what I understand is 100% correct

DSG is such a brilliant technology but it’s complexity gives rise to so many mysteries. If only VW could do detailed do/don’t list for the consumers, it would be so much better. But I guess, even they are not sure when it comes to our climate .
agrajagarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 15:37   #708
BHPian

It's wedding season, so began the running-in by a drive to my Hubballi. Half way, these 2 warnings popped up - EPC & Emission. Car's just 2 days old and I was very very delicate with it all through. Parents & wife were with me and was scared it might breakdown. All those Skoda horror stories began playing in my head. Apart from the warnings in front of me, there was no drop in performance or any other indication whatsoever of an impending failure. Reached Hubballi safely.

I've attached a screen grab of the manual that describes the error. We are planning to drive back tomorrow, so visited Priti cars(dealer for north Karnataka). They plugged in the computer and I was surprised and shocked to see it's report.

Low fuel pressure and poor quality fuel was suspected. Refer screengrab. I'd written in my earlier post that the car had a range of just 100 km at delivery and I filled her up when the range was down to 45. Dealer's diagnostics computer said that a minimum of 7L HAS to be in the tank at all times, it also said RON 95 is a must. I had filled in 67L of Shell V power @ INR 108 per L. I'm not technical, so I went with the most expensive one.

Service manager initially said fuel is adulterated and they will have to test the fuel and thereafter drain it out entirely. Surprise --> Anger. I argued for quite a long time that if performance is unaffected then fuel can't be the issue. Then he said this was possibly a false alarm triggered by the car when range was down to 45. Did not make sense because car took 2 days to spit out that warning. I asked him to kill the warnings and had him return the car to me without any further work. This is my hometown and I knew people at this dealership, so they were kind of enough not to charge me for this.

I'm confused, relieved & scared. So much so that I'll be purchasing the extended warranty and maintenance package, not tomorrow, but TODAY.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-warning.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-emission.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-epc.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-screengrab-2.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-sreengrab-1.jpeg  

vinu_h is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 19:26   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Dealer's diagnostics computer said that a minimum of 7L HAS to be in the tank at all times, it also said RON 95 is a must. I had filled in 67L of Shell V power @ INR 108 per L. I'm not technical, so I went with the most expensive one.
Vinu_h - Shell sold in India is 91 Octane. V Power just has some cleansing additives as far as I am aware.

Also, while the Manual and Fuel Filler cap says 95 RON, service center and sales team generally recommend regular unleaded petrol (and definitely don't suggest spending more for Speed or something similar).

However, this is something that I think we have to use our own judgement. Somewhat similar to what Sales/Svc Team directions are on following Run-In guidance. They clearly suggest following Run-In pattern, while Manual suggests the same.
SanjuInGgn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 19:23   #710
BHPian

Something extremely strange that I noticed in this review, this MY20201 L&K comes without the steering heating option. Is Skoda removing/adding features at such micro levels in between CKD imports?

Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-3c22645126ff4a138b013044284800e2.jpeg  

agrajagarwal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 07:25   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked him to kill the warnings and had him return the car to me without any further work. This is my hometown and I knew people at this dealership, so they were kind of enough not to charge me for this.
Error codes don't just trip. If the pressure in the fuel rail is indeed low, that is a problem. Can be triggered when fuel is very low but you seem to have had ~50km worth of fuel. Also, the error around invalid data received from the VDC module is odd and unrelated to low fuel. That needs to be sorted. As they have killed the codes, all you can do for now is drive round and hope that the problem does not re surface.

The dealer is right with regard to fuel in the car. Don't take it down too low. Once you hit the one forth mark or just above "E", fill up the car. Driving with very low fuel in the tank will causes a lot of strain on the pump and related direct injection systems. Anyway, as you were driving from the dealer and this being a one time situation, it should not have caused any harm.

I don't see why you should have to pay for anything when your car is under warranty.
Do sign up for that extended warranty as soon as possible.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 22nd March 2021 at 07:27.
sandeepmohan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:16   #712
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Crossed 1000 km, and she has already completed 1 road-trip too. Our family loves driving holidays and I can tell you, there are many more to come. Brother took it to Deolali with his girlfriend for 4 days. Another plan for Mahabaleshwar is already being made. Sisters also joining, so will take the Superb + 530d, both.

No media test-drive car this last weekend, so I can drive my own cars . Took her out last evening with the family. Loved the DSG + ventilated seats + soft ride quality + big size. Slowly taking the revs up as part of the running-in procedure and have started crossing 3000 rpm. In another month or two, I will be at 7000 rpm .

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20210321-20.21.31.jpg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-20210321-18.26.28.jpg
GTO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 22:14   #713
BHPian

For all the fellow Skoda Owners here.
Hope it helps. Attaching wordings for warranty.
Skoda Superb : Official Review-d2083393470345a8950702312d1648dd.jpeg

Skoda Superb : Official Review-d0ace3e501d7495aa7060c2127847879.jpeg
Jash2709 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 22:42   #714

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Crossed 1000 km, and she has already completed 1 road-trip too. Our family loves driving holidays and I can tell you, there are many more to come. Brother took it to Deolali with his girlfriend for 4 days. Another plan for Mahabaleshwar is already being made. Sisters also joining, so will take the Superb + 530d, both.

No media test-drive car this last weekend, so I can drive my own cars . Took her out last evening with the family. Loved the DSG + ventilated seats + soft ride quality + big size. Slowly taking the revs up as part of the running-in procedure and have started crossing 3000 rpm. In another month or two, I will be at 7000 rpm .

Attachment 2135686

Attachment 2135687
Hi GTO

What material/paint has been used to blacken the roof of your car?
Old 23rd March 2021, 09:05   #715
BHPian

Noticed something strange about the housing of the electronics for seat adjustment. Driver side is loose, in a thermocol box and unfastened. Is that how it's supposed to be ? The passenger side is well done and tethered well to the floor.

Pic1 - Passenger side. Pic 2 - Driver side
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb : Official Review-passenger-side.jpeg  

Skoda Superb : Official Review-driver-side.jpeg  

vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 09:38   #716
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Noticed something strange about the housing of the electronics for seat adjustment. Driver side is loose, in a thermocol box and unfastened. Is that how it's supposed to be ? The passenger side is well done and tethered well to the floor.

Pic1 - Passenger side. Pic 2 - Driver side
The modules below the seat are the amplifier for Canton system and the KESSY keyless entry module.

The thermocol one I am not too sure of. Pls. lift and take some pics of the module underneath.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 09:46   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrajagarwal View Post
Something extremely strange that I noticed in this review, this MY20201 L&K comes without the steering heating option. Is Skoda removing/adding features at such micro levels in between CKD imports?

https://Youtu.be/tbQ16S8isBo
Perhaps steeering heating option isn't a function required by most in our country given the usual winter temperature levels.
As an example, If chose to pick between the two I personally would pick ventilated seats over heated seats without a second thought. I wouldn't mind such a 'feature' deletion if it saves some cost and is passed on.
Maky is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 10:02   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Perhaps steeering heating option isn't a function required by most in our country given the usual winter temperature levels.
As an example, If chose to pick between the two I personally would pick ventilated seats over heated seats without a second thought. I wouldn't mind such a 'feature' deletion if it saves some cost and is passed on.
Agreed, it’s a useless option for the Indian climate. However, the point was to highlight the silent deletion of a feature within a month of the launch (no complains about missing it). Plus, the price still holds at 34.99Lakhs. I guess the cost saved from this makes a tiny part of the Skoda’s 1 Billion euro investment in India
agrajagarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 11:07   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Crossed 1000 km, and she has already completed 1 road-trip too.
I just went past 1000. So far so good. The number plate. Does it rattle or would you recommend a rubber casing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jash2709 View Post
For all the fellow Skoda Owners here.
Hope it helps. Attaching wordings for warranty.
Soft copy attached below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The modules below the seat are the amplifier for Canton system and the KESSY keyless entry module.

The thermocol one I am not too sure of. Pls. lift and take some pics of the module underneath.

Skoda's feedback collection mechanism is quite robust. Got 2 calls from them and the rep patiently noted down every point. How was your service experience ? What did you like/not like & so on. Too early to say if they act on it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Extended warranty .pdf (3.02 MB, 160 views)

Last edited by Aditya : 24th March 2021 at 05:46. Reason: As requested
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 18:20   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrajagarwal View Post
Agreed, it’s a useless option for the Indian climate. However, the point was to highlight the silent deletion of a feature within a month of the launch (no complains about missing it). Plus, the price still holds at 34.99Lakhs. I guess the cost saved from this makes a tiny part of the Skoda’s 1 Billion euro investment in India
Skoda does it all the time between every CKD kit lot. Everything from Motion Sensor, Car Alarm, Switches to turn things ON/OFF etc keep changing. Nothing much a buyer can do here!

Of course, if you find something really important 'deleted', then you probably better off if you can get the previous MY (at a bigger discount )
lancer_rit is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed